Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Cardfight!! Vanguard: Legion Mate-hen Episode 1 Discussion

Mar 8, 2014 5:26 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So we get some narration from Kai from the beginning. Based on this episode/season, he's the major character. I'm glad he's back to his old self of course. I noticed he was trying to find Aichi at the store but didn't get any clues.

STAND UP THE VANGUARD.

Kai in action again at the store, nice. Anyways, I'm curious to see how this season goes. Inb4 Aichi is the Big Bad of the season Naoki did put up a pretty good fight there. Lol, the ED song is kinda cute I guess.

Mar 8, 2014 7:44 PM
Phoenix Wrong

New seasons are always fun. :D And this time, we get to watch Kai teach Naoki before Naoki regained his memories. And it all starts with Blaster Blade.

Very neat episode. For one thing, Blaster Blade is back with the Royal Paladins! >:) Also, we'll get to figure out the new concept of "Legion" next episode!

Pretty cool opening song. Sort of meh for the ending for me at least.

Mar 8, 2014 8:18 PM

It's the opposite for me though, I find the opening pretty meh and ending was good XD, interesting to hear Kourin voice at the end of the episode saying Aichi.

What if this entire plot has to do with Aichi preventing Kourin memories from fading!?

And Kai redemption thru vanguard fighting!?

Mar 8, 2014 8:20 PM
Phoenix Wrong

5596050 said:
It's the opposite for me though, I find the opening pretty meh and ending was good XD, interesting to hear Kourin voice at the end of the episode saying Aichi.

What if this entire plot has to do with Aichi preventing Kourin memories from fading!?

Haha, no problem with different opinions. xD It is what it is.

And I had the same idea about the plot actually. O.o

Mar 8, 2014 8:23 PM

XPwnDEnd said:
5596050 said:

Haha, no problem with different opinions. xD It is what it is.

And I had the same idea about the plot actually. O.o

If that is true, we just spoiled ourselves for the entire season LOL.

Mar 8, 2014 9:05 PM

So everyone has forgotten about Aichi except for Kai. Nice to see Kai teaching Naoki about Vanguard and finally remembering after Kai rode Blaster Blade. Reminded me of the first season where he was teaching Aichi.
Modified by babymilo91, Mar 8, 2014 9:44 PM

Mar 8, 2014 9:19 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Aichi is not the main villain, or at the very least his intentions for disappearing are not malicious. I'd bet my money he's in Cray or wherever the hell he is to save Kourin. Only question is what is his relation to the 4 knights, and who's the puppetmaster? Void perhaps? Maybe we'll actually get to see him fight in his true form on Cray rather than use some proxy like he did with Leon and Takuto...

Mar 8, 2014 11:06 PM

I GOT SO PUMPED UP. I DON'T KNOW WHY. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL KAI MAKES EVERYONE REMEMBER.

I'm going to be so shocked if Kourin is the one that's making this happen. I don't know why, but I sort of have that feeling.

Mar 9, 2014 12:39 AM

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY I AM THAT AICHI IS NOT THE MAIN CHARACTER.

I have endured 3 whole entire half-year seasons listening to his girly voice, his inferiority complex, his low self esteem and debatable IQ, his overall weak character. Heck, even his sister has more of a spine than he does.

This. This is redemption.

Mar 9, 2014 12:46 AM
blaZofgold said:
YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY I AM THAT AICHI IS NOT THE MAIN CHARACTER.

I have endured 3 whole entire half-year seasons listening to his girly voice, his inferiority complex, his low self esteem and debatable IQ, his overall weak character. Heck, even his sister has more of a spine than he does.

This. This is redemption.
Even he has girly voice, I'm really surprise that his voice actor is a guy. lol

Mar 9, 2014 3:01 AM

e.e the world is kinda messed up without aichi, and now kai must copy aichi's ride in order for everyone to remember (one at a time...this may take several eps XD the cast is big)

deck came in a flashing ball of ligth? sure, why not...we've got ourselfs used to this, but he could at least blink or something XD

aichi w/his last boss suite doing...something....for (as we all supose ) kourin

ending was kinda funny/kawaii XD wasn't expeting one like that XD

think i'll enjoy the season (but wht's up with kai's sudden use of the word mate?..so unnatural XD)
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.

Mar 9, 2014 5:47 AM

To be honest, it feels nice to have Kai as the main for this season. I like Aichi, but it is nice to have a change like that. I was getting a little sick of Aichi until the end of LJ since he was pretty cool. I normally don't listen to the ending songs, but I really enjoyed that one haha.

Also, did anyone else notice Kourin wasn't on that TV monitor with Suiko and Rekka? Could that be a hint along with her voice at the end?
Playstation Network ID - Overlord-Takeshi
Please feel free to talk to me! I love making new friends with the same interests as me!

Mar 9, 2014 6:25 AM

I agree, nice to have switch of main character of the season. And yep, Kourin wasn't on that tv monitor while we heard the voice at the end, this basically means that she has something to do with the reason why Aichi has disappeared.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!

Mar 9, 2014 7:09 AM

Really enjoyed this ep. Kinda refreshing to see Kai as the new MC. His smiles^^
So hyped again for this anime~

New OP: great
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a106/asuka_gx/cfv2-1.jpg

New ED: CHIBI overload~
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a106/asuka_gx/cfv6.jpg
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”

Mar 9, 2014 7:10 AM
I dunno about you guys, but this is totally Civil War. Based on the images of the opening: Aichi is now leading Cray.

He and Gold Paladin has become "Chaotic Good" becoming paranoid and overprotective of Earth and Cray from any chance of Link Joker.

The Dimension Police in the opening (and the fact that they're the first ones Kai's group is facing) signifies Cray's guardians from external attacks (Dimension Police).

While the Gold Paladins signify the ones dealing with order within Cray. Aichi became the leader of the United Sanctuary.

The Quatre Knights seem to be representatives of each Nation.

The First One (With the Ice) represents Magallanica.

The Second One (With the Steel/Metal) represents Star Gate.

The Third One (With the Swamp) represents Zoo.

The Fourth One (With the Blue/Demonic Fire) may either represent Dark Zone or Dragon Empire. However Dragon Empire was never at good terms with United Sanctuary so this may lean more to Dark Zone.

Also take note: Each of the Quatre Knights bear 'Twin' Symbols:

The first one had a Brooch with Two Wings.

The second one had Two Steel Balls

The third one had two 'Sphere/Globe-like Things'

The last one has two rings.

Most likely, Aichi will pull a: "This is for everyone's own protection" or "I can't allow what happened before to happen again". He's pretty much in a Chaotic Good state.

Mar 9, 2014 7:18 AM

bet you anything Aichi erased himself from the world in order for Koarin to keep her memories.

Mar 9, 2014 11:45 AM

While I'm happy with Kai being protag and all; I kinda feel their kinda forcing the whole "Mate" thing with Aichi. I feel every other word coming from Kai's mouth is gonna be about "Aichi!"

I'd rather see everyone else's memory and perspective instead of mostly Kai's. We'll just have to see how it goes. I just hope the next few episodes are not all going to be 1 on 1 matches to restore people's memories. I'm kinda hoping they keep Kourin hidden away most of the season to have her show up very late in the story with a surprise twist episode on how she recovered her memories.

Mar 9, 2014 2:43 PM
This season looks to have the strongest shipping. I am okay with this.

Mar 9, 2014 5:46 PM

So far ok - but kind of feel the story is a little repetitive.

Mar 11, 2014 3:01 PM
has anyone notice the fact that one of the group idols has disappered and her voice (a voice like hers) appered in the end scene, may this have a contenction to aichis disapperance may those quatre diamond guys kidnapped kourin and forced aichi to rue cray this is all my guessing) :D aichi looks soo hot as the bad guy *fan girling

Mar 11, 2014 3:36 PM

I did notice Kourin disappearing as well. I really liked the start of this episode compared to the other episodes. It gave off a different vibe. I believe following Kai as a main character did this.

Mar 12, 2014 11:43 AM

Nice episode and Kai is my fav character of the series so its good to see him as the main character.I still got to finish link joker but it got really boring for me during the middle.

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"

Mar 12, 2014 9:02 PM

Yo dawg, pretty sure that isn’t the same Blaster Blade you gave Aichi.

It was probably some bitchass promo you got from a baseball game or somethin’.

This card’s art is BLATENTLY DIFFERENT from the one you gave your currently non-existent gay lover.

And next episode Minerva is gonna lose to a trial deck, okaaaaay there.