Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 14, 2008 1:44 PM

Sep 2007
GOODNESS, after two weeks of no Shana, I almost forgot what exactly happened since it picked up right where it left off but wow, great episode. Loved it.
Jan 14, 2008 10:46 PM
Dec 2007
I decide not to believe the spoilers ^^
i tried writing my signature onto the monitor screen, but it didn't come up. WHY?!!:?!!
Jan 15, 2008 8:51 PM

Nov 2004
Please remember that FUTURE SPOILERS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN EPISODE DISCUSSION THREADS. Meaning, you don't talk about episode 14 in the episode 13 thread. You DO NOT talk about future events in the manga / novel / video games / whatever in the episode discussion thread. I don't care if it's under spoiler tags, it still doesn't belong here.

Anyway, it was an excellent episode. On the edge of my seat the entire time. Awesome mix of music, animation and the fight scenes. Glad Shana showed us that it wasn't just all style and nothing else. I was surprised at how fast uhh... Pheles is on the "good" side but it obviously won't hold up I think looking at the OP. Since the opening showed scenes from this episode I expected it to be a bit longer, this segment of the show. Rather then finishing in a ep, but eh, it was a good episode.
Jan 15, 2008 9:22 PM

Oct 2007
Crazy episode, and it was pretty sad when oga-chan got thrown like that. I actually thought they might have killed her though (thought if you died in the fuzetsu you have to be replaced by a torch, and that only injuries are healed) but oh well. wilhelmina kicked ass along side shana, and pheles is just awesome. I'm glad they didn't just make it simple and have her be the super bad person they have to overcome and beat. Come on next episode!!!
Jan 15, 2008 11:23 PM

Oct 2007
with all the stupid spoilers going about... should i pick up the novels or just watch the series... i'm curious to see things move in a faster pace
Jan 16, 2008 7:03 AM
Dec 2007
Guidan said:
Crazy episode, and it was pretty sad when oga-chan got thrown like that. I actually thought they might have killed her though (thought if you died in the fuzetsu you have to be replaced by a torch, and that only injuries are healed) but oh well.
No, that only applies when the person's power of existence is forcibly eaten or dragged out. Dying and having your power of existence forcibly removed are two fundamentally different things. When you die you are still remembered, hence there's no damage on the balance of the world and no need for a Torch to replace the dead person. I know, it's tricky since most people got "eaten" during the first season.
nyamo said:
with all the stupid spoilers going about... should i pick up the novels or just watch the series... i'm curious to see things move in a faster pace
Well, I'm not sure if there's any online groups doing translations of the novels (even if it is a light novel, it still takes a bigger effort than a manga to translate) and there's only two volumes of the light novels right now in English (The Girl with Fire in Her Eyes, and Fight Day!). If you understand Japanese go right ahead, otherwise stick to the Anime and the manga, unless you find a website with translations for the novels.
Leon-GunJan 16, 2008 7:08 AM

Jan 16, 2008 7:37 AM

Jan 2008
I still don't get the "Who stole my pie" line.
Only thing I can say is: The Cake is a lie :D

Apart from that, best Episode so far. That 2vs1vs1 fight was awesome. And I, too, completly forgot about Hecate at that time.

Well, we'll see whats up to come =)

Jan 18, 2008 1:11 PM

Dec 2007
Only the first part was cool, pheles was weak, and the next episode will speak too much, it will be no actions :/
Jan 18, 2008 3:20 PM
Dec 2007
Kenrokuen said:
Only the first part was cool, pheles was weak, and the next episode will speak too much, it will be no actions :/
Everytime someone whines about not having enough brainless action I kill a kitty. Please think of the kittens.

Jan 18, 2008 5:06 PM

Jan 2008
Great episode! Can't wait for more!
Jan 20, 2008 6:05 AM

Aug 2007
Good episode after the long break. The battle scene didnt live up to my expectations though (Pheles didnt seem powerful enough, even if she was weakened from the lack of humans). Looking forward to Hecate's true identity to be revealed shortly.
Mar 21, 2008 6:44 AM

Oct 2007
I really wish I could read lips of anime characters. I want to know what there saying.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2008 12:21 AM

Apr 2008
Really good ep!

seriously.. who stole it?
slackerpaulAug 7, 2008 1:17 AM

Oct 13, 2008 9:53 PM

May 2008
this was another good episode. I dunno what i would've done if oga-chan had died... that would have been really depressing
Jul 17, 2009 10:39 AM

Dec 2008
killing the sound in the last minute... something's up.
Jul 18, 2009 3:12 AM

Dec 2008
The situation of this battle was was rather hectic. I expect things will be moving at a faster pace now.
Aug 16, 2009 8:11 PM

Jul 2008
satou's jealously is getting irritating
Oct 20, 2009 11:52 AM

Apr 2009
Holy crap. The Oga scene was shocking. ;_;
if we die we'll meet again in valhalla...
Jan 20, 2010 2:09 PM

Nov 2009
At the end when philes and kanoe were both mouthing the same words, it made me think maybe philes is just some kind of puppet being manipulated by her.. x.x or maybe they're connected somehow and shes the source of her power?
anyway great episode~
Feb 13, 2010 12:31 PM

Jul 2009
Yeah how the hell does Konoe/Hecate fit into this mess? Plot mixed with action, feels like good old season 1 again. 5/5
Feb 13, 2010 2:00 PM

Jan 2009
Margery scared me this episode... She totally lost it
But wasn't it solved way too easily ? They both listened to what Wilhelmina had to say and it even turnes out that Pheles is a "good" Tomogara that doesn't eat humans [for me that like saying "good" hollows or "good" akuma...]

And I'm starting to think that all mysterious powers have somehow found their way and landed in Yuji's body/soul/whatever... He's "that" and "that" and "that"and "that" too... Enough already.

Oct 10, 2010 12:56 PM

Feb 2010
I demand a scene with Carmel and the girl hair chick les out! hey if they did it with the shower might as well :x
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2010 4:48 AM

Sep 2008
Really great episode... Though I was surprised at how quickly Shana and Wilhemina managed to "pacify" Margery and Pheles. More understandable in Pheles' case, perhaps, since she's weakening from abstaining from consuming humans... And I guess the two of them - Wilhemina and Shana - really do make a powerful tag team since together they got Margery under wraps, though it seemed like it was more or less Satou and Tanaka who brought her to her senses.

Feel so bad for Tanaka... :( Isn't Ogata just a torch now...? So she'll eventually disappear? I wonder if he'll forget, just like a regular person, or will remember since he knows the truth, like Yuuji did about the girl Shana replaced...

Really nice to have questions being answered and plot progression. :D Feels like the series is finally moving in the direction of its climax and ultimate conclusion~

And whuh. How did Konoe get away so fast? I'm so curious as to what she was saying at the end...
Dec 17, 2010 11:18 PM

Sep 2010
Great episode. The battle was really great. Kinda disappointed not seeing a speech after Shana won.
Jan 15, 2011 10:51 PM

Sep 2010
Shit hit the fan. Then the maid that is MAGIC cleaned it up.
So is that Sabrac guy the true Silver?
Sep 18, 2011 4:14 PM

Jan 2011
As explained before, Ogata could be restored because her power of existence was not eaten. While Pheles is weak she can use the endless power of the Everready Bunny (Yuji) to recharge.

I agree that Satou and Tanaka seemed to have a lot to do with calming Margery down. Good to see that Tanaka was able to express his feelings somewhat to Ogata (a few other characters could learn from him). Satou seemed to keep a cool head during all the excitement, if he had more power he would be a great help.

Glad that I did the marathon on season 1 and 2. I haven't finished yet, but I know it will be an awesome setup for season 3 next month.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 12, 2011 3:10 PM
Dec 2009
So.. Shana and Carmel let Yuuji cast the fuzetsu, even though they had all........................... that time to do it themselves, yet they just wanted to wait for Yuuji to cast it himself and let Margery see this and go berserk.. very interesting episode.

this episode, they could of done it much more better in letting Margery find out in a different way, when Shana and Carmel could easily prevent Yuuji from casting the fuzetsu first
Its sad and irritating to see Satou being jealous of Yuuji over power..
tag©.androgynous
Jan 5, 2012 10:02 PM

Mar 2011
Awww, Oga-Chan!
May 27, 2012 1:50 AM

Jul 2011
Damn, this episode just blew me away. Everything was going great, slice-of-life style, then all of a sudden, BAM!, in your face crazy sauce intensity.

Some chick named Pheles, showing up.
Margery going nuts killing Ogata
School getting destroyed

The show's action was at a 1 then suddenly got cranked up to an 11 within mere minutes.
The chip in my mind, it summons me.
I gave my life to your machines.
Aug 10, 2012 1:55 PM

Mar 2012
I really hate Yoshida. We're in the middle of something really big and she just stupidly says "I feel distant to Yuji". FUCK OFF!

I want her to die.

Yuji has some power though!
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Nov 3, 2012 2:10 PM

Apr 2012
Rock on!
Jan 17, 2013 11:06 PM

Apr 2012
That was actually pretty good. Having all of the different Flame Hazes with their different agendas all in one place made for a hectic but tense and interesting situation.

If the second half can build off of this episode then it will help make up for the unimpressive first half.
Jul 17, 2013 1:49 PM

May 2013
i thought pheles is going to be very strong i thought that it would take 3 flamehaze to take her down but it was just a 2v1v1 fight
Aug 4, 2013 6:38 AM

May 2007
That's it.... I was kind of hoping for everything not to be resolved with talking considering it has been what, 7 or 8 episodes since we had any action.

To think I thought something of some actual consequence would happen too with that Ogata foreshadowing in the next time preview last episode.
My anime list
Sep 28, 2013 1:32 AM

Jul 2013
Pheles is beast, guess she's not a king for nothing.
Dec 5, 2013 5:55 AM
Mar 2013
What an aciton packed episode, as expected Margery went up the wall after finding Silver.

Awww, Tanaka and Ogata are so cute together ^_^
That was a really nice way to end the episode.
Apr 2, 2014 5:22 PM

Aug 2013
Dayum... That fihgt was brutal. People getting crushed, blown window shard in the face, exploded, thrown away... It was really a war field.

I'm glad that they explained why no one (except Konoe) saw Pheles coming. I was scared that they would leave it like that.

Tanaka was oddly really touching in that episode. To see him cry like that... It felt real. And man, Oga getting her body ripped appart and ragdolling everywhere... That hitted hard.

Shana was disoriented for a good part of the fight, but she took the control at the end of it.

As we could all see it coming, Margery flipped her shit. Damn, what did that Silver Knight did to her that she would be willing to destroy and kill an whole school full of teenagers to get her revenge..?

So the silver isn't necessarily directly related to the Silver Knight. From what Pheles said, it would be more related to the guy who ''killed'' Johan. Maybe they are some kind of brotherhood? The silver flame brotherhood or something like this.

Pheles seemed to somehow whisper to Konoe. Who the fuck is she?!? I'm so fucking curious.

I wonder what Yoshida is talking about with Pheles in the preview.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 4, 2014 10:28 AM

Apr 2012
_MiV_ said:
Anyway, nice episode to finish the long agonising wait. Nice to see the story heading somewhere now, can't wait to see how this Pheles arc ends up, seems pretty interesting to me.
Saved this series from being dropped.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
May 31, 2014 7:45 AM

Dec 2013
Well done episode. She was unstoppable
Sep 28, 2016 8:04 PM

Dec 2012
I know this is late but I love this episode. Just recently start watching S2. HAAHA <3 After so long, I've seen the action again XD

- barely alive -
Jun 8, 2017 1:43 PM

Nov 2016
Awesome episode, the action and drama were pretty good in this episode.

The scene with Ogata and Tanaka at the end was so sweet.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 4, 2018 4:24 PM
Mar 2015
This was the best episode of the season, maybe even the whole series so far. Literally everybody's personal stories collided at this single point. Margery and Pheles going ham on the school trying to get to Yuuji, Willhelmina and Shana desperately trying to hold them back before finally succeeding, and the other humans just watching helplessly as their friends fight and get hurt.

The Ogata and Tanaka part was perfectly done. Tanaka's screams watching Ogata die were amazing in the dub. And the reunion was really touching, even if Ogata was a little confused!

Also let's not forget Shana tossing Yuuji like a ragdoll after catching him.
Feb 12, 2018 6:31 AM

Jul 2016
Tanaka's scream was absolutely chilling. Have to agree with scurvmeister on this episode being the peak of the series. I didn't expect to get goosebumps from stuff we're already familiar with, namely seal-casting and vulnerability of 'normal' people within the seal, but this episode clearly showed the dangers and consequences of that. A lot of plot progression happened too.

Also couldn't help feeling happy for Tanaka in the aftermath. Really hope they keep stuff to this standard.
Apr 5, 2018 6:03 PM
Jan 2014
This show is getting so caught up in it's own made-up terminology that I don't even know what's going anymore. It might be because the subs I'm using for this season are different than the first season and they translate terms differently, but any time they started talking about things like "Midnight Lost Child" or shit like that I have no idea what they're talking about. I don't even remember who this Pheles person is or if she was even in the show before. I'm just totally lost.
Oct 28, 2018 4:03 PM

Oct 2012
The most emotive moment: Tanaka's embrace of Oga-chan.

(for a sec I really thought everyone at school are goner though).

And according to the preview it seems Yoshida takes inspiration from the story of Pheles and Johan.
Jun 10, 2019 7:25 AM

Aug 2018
The shit finally hit the fan. I’m loving it.
Oct 20, 2020 1:06 PM

Jun 2017
I didn't know that Wilhelmina and Pheles were old friends until the narrator said it in the recap at the start of the episode. Maybe I missed it in the last episode?
Ogata getting hurt was unexpected. But somehow both Magery and Pheles were subdued and things became normal again. Tanaka was pretty shaken up there. I kinda like their romance more than that of the main characters. Straightforward and nice.
Looks like there is some connection between Pheles and Tomoe.
Feb 9, 2022 6:41 PM

Nov 2010
I thought they were gonna have a hard time against Pheles, lucky for them, her only concern is her eternal love and nothing else.

Glad things didn't become complicated. Ball Masque is the only enemy to watch out for now.

I wonder how they'll conclude this in the end. Anything that involves the midnight child will result in Yuuji disappearing.

Kinda disappointed Shana didn’t continue her confession.
Oct 15, 2022 11:17 AM

Oct 2013
Brutal episode. Margery's rage and Tanaka's scream were so impactful, holy cow.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 10 Discussion

cyruz - Dec 11, 2007

49 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 12, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tenshin - Dec 2, 2007

79 by almightybismarck »»
Mar 28, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cloudy - Nov 23, 2007

69 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 19, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sobzob - Nov 24, 2007

61 by almightybismarck »»
Oct 18, 2023 9:25 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Nov 10, 2007

63 by almightybismarck »»
Sep 27, 2023 11:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.