Forum Settings
Forums

[Possible Spoilers] Most Overrated/Underrated Anime V. 2

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (195) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

Mar 7, 2014 10:21 PM

not sure about underrated but I think Death Note is one of the most overrated ones out there

Mar 7, 2014 10:29 PM

R4vel said:
not sure about underrated but I think Death Note is one of the most overrated ones out there

It's a sad thing really. If Death Note had ended after 25 episodes, I would've said it definately deserved its place. The third part of the show really destroyed the charm of the series.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Mar 7, 2014 10:42 PM

Hunter x Hunter is a bit underrated, probably the smallest fanbase among WSJ.
It also gets a lot of complaints for trying to come up with new storylines and not just following the format that fans are used to. Which imo are unjustified.

Btw: SnK is dropping down, soon enough people will saynit's underrated.
Modified by Grunbeld, Mar 7, 2014 10:46 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 7, 2014 10:49 PM

skyzblue said:
R4vel said:

It's a sad thing really. If Death Note had ended after 25 episodes, I would've said it definately deserved its place. The third part of the show really destroyed the charm of the series.

I say it alot, but imo the worst part of Death Note was the Yotsuba (?) arc. If I got the name wrong I mean

"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Mar 7, 2014 10:58 PM

bunny_lover said:
If this thread is made by a mod then it won't be locked. Great.

hope you're being sarcastic :D if so, +1

bring on the crapload on the big 3/clannad/school days and any of today's popular anime... (or just read the old version wich has the same crap over and over again)
Romance Anime List

Romance Anime List

3DS friend code 3325-2089-7587 (pm yours)

Mar 7, 2014 10:58 PM

LoneWolfRain said:

It was never implied that Megumi's brother recovered from his social anxiety. He indeed still had it. The reason he was able to go out and get the job was because it was his own free will and he was PREPARED to go out and talk to someone, as oppose to when Satou and Misaki barged into his room. It wasn't due to mere hunger that made the guy get off his ass, it was the fact that if he didn't, he would probably die (since Megumi has never been gone for that long and he wouldn't know when she would come back). All in all, his anxiety was not as severe as you portrayed in your review, and it was a lot more than hunger that made the guy do what he did.

And the reason Satou didn't do what that guy did was because he never had to deal with the issue of his actual life being on the line unless he got a job. His parents gave him an allowance.

I can't say I understand your reasoning. It was in fact portrayed to be more severe than Satou's, as evident by the scene where Satou and co. get inside his room.

It was unrealistic, people of that severe hikki can't just simply get better because they felt a threat on their life, it was never stated how long his sister was gone IIRC. And at the scene where he talks with the shop owners felt like he was a normal human being. One of the more prominent problems his type faces are their lack of will, self control and determination. So yea it felt extremely unrealistic to me and hardly believable given his character before the hunger/life threat occurred.

Mar 7, 2014 11:00 PM
Just saw Clannad. Biggest piece of crap ever.
The characters were disgusting and this is a disgrace to romance.

Mar 7, 2014 11:01 PM

tsudecimo

"Attack on titan. Well to be short. Pacing issues, the characters are god awful especially Eren, the dialogue, lack of death for important characters, etc."

Lack of death for important character? What about naruto then????? The characters are way better than whinny bitch sakura, and gay ass naruto. Dialogue? I don't even know what the fuck you are trying to say. Anyways.....

Overrated kill la kill Jesus this anime is just terrible, felt like I was watching a cartoon. Don't even get me started with the fan service.

underrated Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom and kaze no stigma both are very good imo.

Mar 7, 2014 11:06 PM

judals said:
Hunter x Hunter is a bit underrated, probably the smallest fanbase among WSJ.
It also gets a lot of complaints for trying to come up with new storylines and not just following the format that fans are used to. Which imo are unjustified.

Btw: SnK is dropping down, soon enough people will saynit's underrated.

Are your screw loose? The anime has ended 6 month now of course people are not going to be talking about it. What do u expect people to still be talking about a anime that ended months now? Don't worry when 2015 comes it will be back to take its throne. Expect even more hype than before since a lot of people are begging for a season 2. Next time think before talking bullshit. Thank you very much.

Mar 7, 2014 11:15 PM

rodac said:
New version of an old favourite.

Well...I don't know about that.

Hunta Hunta is overrated.

tsudecimo said:

Overrated:
RAINBOW 二舎六房の七人: This anime severely disappointed me I was so happy while watching it thinking I am gonna have a new favorite anime but nope it drastically went down hill after ep 11, the main character suddenly became an illogical idiot and then the second part of the anime happened where there is no plot and the main villain of the first part get handled pretty easily and then they move to character arcs where basically every character in their own respective arc have a dream or something they want to accomplish but in the end of the arc the fail to do it but the rest of the friends help that said character to move on or to deal with it and then repeat that formula in every single arc [ Problem happens > Problem get solved > repeat] so much wasted potential. The first half was pretty good.

Yes Rainbow is overrated.
The first 13 episodes (?- I can't remember when the first half ended) were great but after that we see a wash & repeat cycle that drags the first half of this show down with it.
Modified by stand, Mar 7, 2014 11:19 PM

Mar 7, 2014 11:18 PM

keragamming said:
tsudecimo

"Attack on titan. Well to be short. Pacing issues, the characters are god awful especially Eren, the dialogue, lack of death for important characters, etc."

Lack of death for important character? What about naruto then????? The characters are way better than whinny bitch sakura, and gay ass naruto. Dialogue? I don't even know what the fuck you are trying to say. Anyways.....

Why can't you just counter the point with stuff in SnK instead of trying to compare it to Naruto.

Important character that died in Naruto

The characters who died in SnK are mostly fodder except for 2 or 3 of them. You seem really butthurt. I didn't attack you personally so I don't get why you are upset.

I think Sakura is better written than the entire cast of SnK.

Mar 7, 2014 11:23 PM

tsudecimo said:
keragamming said:
tsudecimo

Why can't you just counter the point with stuff in SnK instead of trying to compare it to Naruto.

Important character that died in Naruto

The characters who died in SnK are mostly fodder except for 2 or 3 of them. You seem really butthurt. I didn't attack you personally so I don't get why you are upset.

I think Sakura is better written than the entire cast of SnK.

I wont even bother with you. This quote "I think Sakura is better written than the entire cast of SnK." Shows that I would be wasting my time on you. I wonder what u will do when naruto manga ends this year? Please don't kill yourself. :(

Mar 7, 2014 11:27 PM
You made the grave mistake of attempting to begin an argument or getting frustrated with any Naruto fan to begin with IMO (especially zealous defenders). It's always one-sided...leaning only to what comes out of their mouth and nothing else.

I've been reading this "argument" for the past few pages and it's kind of absurd at this point for all the wrong reasons.
Modified by 00002019, Mar 7, 2014 11:31 PM

Mar 7, 2014 11:29 PM

Sung-Hwan said:
You made the grave mistake of beginning an argument or getting frustrated with a Naruto fan to begin with IMO. It's always one-sided...leaning only to what comes out of theirmouth and nothing else.

Sigh, at least now I wont make the same mistake, hopefully.....

Mar 7, 2014 11:30 PM

keragamming said:

I wont even bother with you. This quote "I think Sakura is better written than the entire cast of SnK." Shows that I would be wasting my time on you. I wonder what u will do when naruto manga ends this year? Please don't kill yourself. :(

Okay. I hope one day you will grow up and not let other people opinions upset you and hopefully learn how to make a decent argument, instead of ad hominems.

Mar 7, 2014 11:32 PM

tsudecimo said:
keragamming said:

Okay. One day you will grow up and learn how to make a decent argument.

*Slowly clap*

Mar 7, 2014 11:33 PM

Forgetfulness said:
keragamming said:
tsudecimo

Overrated kill la kill Jesus this anime is just terrible, felt like I was watching a cartoon. Don't even get me started with the fan service.

underrated Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom and kaze no stigma both are very good imo.
I'm not even a fan of Naruto, but I'm fairly certain Naruto (the character) has way more backstory and development than any Shingeki no Kyojin character

OT: Well, same as always for me

Overrated: Zero no Tsukaima, Mirai Nikki

lol, but yet sakura and most of the characters are useless. Also to compare a series with over 600+ chapters to a series with 55 chapters is not a good comparison. Just saying.

Mar 7, 2014 11:34 PM

parfaited said:

+1

Hikaru no Go is underrated! It's imo the best sports anime ever. I'll watch it again soon and see if I still share the same feelings for it.

keragamming said:

I won't say whether it's better written or not, but Shingeki no Kyojin's casts are as bland as they could be. Levi is better than most of them, but he is still quite bland.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

tsudecimo said:
Fundog, do you ever post something that is not relevant to Naruto? just curious.

worldeditor11 said:
tsudecimo said:
NeoAnkara said:
@tsundecimo

You are awfully dedicated to write that much text.

No, I'm just an arbiter of anime quality.

lololololololololol

Indeed.

Most of my posts aren't about Naruto.
Yoshii Kiria took over as leader of Fairytale and rebuilt it and became one of Tsukunes formidable enemies but let's save that story for another time

Hehe, let me introduce him to you again, kid. This is Shuzen Issa (who is MIA during the final battle), who will become your 'trainer' starting today. You still have much to go if you want to become the headmaster.

Like the two souls have started to become one.

Forgetfulness said:
keragamming said:
tsudecimo

I'm not even a fan of Naruto, but I'm fairly certain Naruto (the character) has way more backstory and development than any Shingeki no Kyojin character

Naruto has been pumping for a decade with weekly releases, while SNK is five years old and so sluggish with publication that a second season is uncertain, while Naruto runs for...god knows how long with fillers.

I'd find it bewildering if Kishimito was so inept that he couldn't even develop his titular character with all that time given, but fortunately that's not the case. Too bad with the exception of a handful of others, the rest of the supporting characters are useless cardboard cutouts that only exist to glorify Naruto's mightiness.
Modified by 00002019, Mar 7, 2014 11:38 PM

Mar 7, 2014 11:37 PM

Aria the Ani/Nat/Origination isn't underrated by any means, but I feel like it's obscure and under the radar despite its rank. It often goes overlooked and underestimated for its premise.

Mar 7, 2014 11:37 PM
tsudecimo said:

I can't say I understand your reasoning. It was in fact portrayed to be more severe than Satou's, as evident by the scene where Satou and co. get inside his room.

It was unrealistic, people of that severe hikki can't just simply get better because they felt a threat on their life, it was never stated how long his sister was gone IIRC. And at the scene where he talks with the shop owners felt like he was a normal human being. One of the more prominent problems his type faces are their lack of will, self control and determination. So yea it felt extremely unrealistic to me and hardly believable given his character before the hunger/life threat occurred.
Modified by LoneWolfRain, Mar 7, 2014 11:41 PM

Mar 7, 2014 11:38 PM

Ratohnhaketon said:
Aria the Ani/Nat/Origination isn't underrated by any means, but I feel like it's obscure and under the radar despite its rank. It often goes overlooked and underestimated for its premise.

Not many people enjoy slow paced slice of life. I always think of given it a chance but I can already see me getting bored beyond belief while watching it.

Mar 7, 2014 11:39 PM

ToG25thBaam said:
parfaited said:

+1

Hikaru no Go is underrated! It's imo the best sports anime ever. I'll watch it again soon and see if I still share the same feelings for it.

keragamming said:

I won't say whether it's better written or not, but Shingeki no Kyojin's casts are as bland as they could be. Levi is better than most of them, but he is still quite bland.

Read the manga. each characters are starting to get character development, like Erwin in the latest chapter it is reveal why he's that type of person. Expect to get lots of character development in season 2.

Mar 7, 2014 11:40 PM

Forgetfulness said:

More, yes. (It's 700 chapters for god's sake).

Better? Not even close.
For one, Eren does not hyperventilate over... I don't even know what to call that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 7, 2014 11:42 PM

ToG25thBaam said:
Hasn't watched Hajime no Ippo yet.

Mar 7, 2014 11:42 PM

keragamming said:
I wonder what u will do when naruto manga ends this year? Please don't kill yourself. :(

Congratulations, what an intelligent comeback.

Mar 7, 2014 11:43 PM

_ultima_ said:
keragamming said:
I wonder what u will do when naruto manga ends this year? Please don't kill yourself. :(

Sorry to break this to you but he didn't read the manga and only watching anime.
"Kickstarter for Rokujouma physical book will be live this fall. Be sure to back it up guys."

Mar 7, 2014 11:44 PM

Forgetfulness said:
judals said:
Forgetfulness said:

Better? Not even close.
For one, Eren does not hyperventilate over... I don't even know what to call that.
Well, "more" was all I was arguing for.

And Eren rages at a ton of things throughout the series ._.

So? Raging isn't bad by itself. Seeing your buddies killed like flies is pretty rage-worthy I'd say.

Mar 7, 2014 11:46 PM

LoneWolfRain said:
tsudecimo said:

I honestly don't remember much. I wrote that review months ago, so I can't really go into details because I only remember the prominent parts (i.e his overreaction, the way he generally behaved and the scene where he was on the ground begging and acting somewhat normal after it).

To be honest, I think I would have thought NHK was good if it weren't for Gonzo and their adaption. The manga is much better and more enjoyable imo.

Mar 7, 2014 11:46 PM

NeoAnkara said:
_ultima_ said:
keragamming said:

Sorry to break this to you but he didn't read the manga and only watching anime.

Fillers even worse. anyways the anime will end in 2015. Nice comeback? It wasn't a comeback. Go read his quote and come back.

Mar 7, 2014 11:48 PM

Forgetfulness said:
judals said:
Forgetfulness said:
judals said:
Forgetfulness said:

Better? Not even close.

So? Raging isn't bad by itself. Seeing your buddies killed like flies is pretty rage-worthy I'd say.
Raging when he's captured by enemies that barely did anything recently when he has the chance to, I don't fucking know, gather some information isn't

Huh? When was he captured? I don't remember that.

Mar 7, 2014 11:48 PM

Forgetfulness said:
judals said:
Forgetfulness said:
judals said:
Forgetfulness said:

Better? Not even close.

Raging when he's captured by enemies that barely did anything recently when he has the chance to, I don't fucking know, gather some information isn't

Yea, the two people that are responsible for his mother death, and to a mass of people. Eren should put on a smiley face and go with them. Would u not be upset if u were in that position? Also he was very young when his mother died, he even saw it.

Mar 7, 2014 11:49 PM

keragamming said:

Read the manga. each characters are starting to get character development, like Erwin in the latest chapter it is reveal why he's that type of person. Expect to get lots of character development in season 2.

Putting on hold, waiting for more chapters. Still, the characters in SnK lack charisma, even if they're getting some development. I can't say for sure though, I haven't read that part yet.

IntroverTurtle said:

I tried. The first few episodes were pretty decent, I watched up until where Ippo learned to catch the leaves, but.. boxing.. isn't that interesting.. but.. I'll give it another try.

Mar 7, 2014 11:51 PM

Relevant.

tsudecimo said:
Not raging as much is not character development or a sign of it. He followed Levi because he had no choice, it was either that or get killed or stay in prison or w/e the court wanted before Levi interruption/suggestion. And the senseless beating Levi gave him, had an affect on him, and tamed him. He still had the same psycho obsession look and desire to kill the titans. What mistakes did he learn from?

I don't think he is a one dimensional character, he is the MC of the story so no matter how bad of a character he is, he can't really be one dimensional. He is two dimensional and lacks adequate depth. I called his rage one dimensional, it's always the same thing with no different/another dimension to it, his thoughts about the titans don't go beyond his desire to kill them, even though he is a titan himself. That was an opportunity for internal conflict for him, which would have added a lot more depth to his shallow character. But he didn't give two shits about it, all he thoughts about his titan power is that it can be used as a power/tool to kill other titan and help humanity. The thought of titans being humans didn't even occur to him or cross his mind.

He views the world/the titans/humanity/the conflict between them in a black and white way.

He is idiotic, immature, hotheaded and blinded by rage and that didn't change from the beginning of the series until where I left it in the manga.

Acting like a retard
instead of trying to make the best of his situation

''Die, Die'' ? seriously?
What if funny is that he himself said he will try to get some helpful information out of them but quickly forgot that and gave in to his emotions, meaning that he is still his old overzealous, immature, self-righteous and hot headed self.

and that's what I meant by ''especially Eren''.

Mar 7, 2014 11:52 PM

Anyways I'm just want to avoid another "why Naruto suck or not" again here.

Overrated:

Strike the Blood since character interaction and the story suck.

Underrated:

Natsuiro Kiseki I think have really interesting cast. Too bad that the animation is inconsistence sometimes.
"Kickstarter for Rokujouma physical book will be live this fall. Be sure to back it up guys."

NeoAnkara said:
_ultima_ said:
keragamming said:

Who?
I was just pointing out that statement was pointless and doesn't help him at all in that argument.

OT
Or: Snk for wasting premise on boring and bad writing.

Ur: penguindrum because penguins

ToG25thBaam said:
IntroverTurtle said:

I tried. The first few episodes were pretty decent, I watched up until where Ippo learned to catch the leaves, but.. boxing.. isn't that interesting.. but.. I'll give it another try.
It's anime, they make everything interesting. Did you really think watching a kid play Go would be interesting at first?

Forgetfulness said:
judals said:
Huh? When was he captured? I don't remember that.
Whoops, my bad. Forgot we were just talking about anime here.

But it happens later on in the manga

Well I guess I'll wait and see.

Last thing I remember from the manga was
, after that, I put it on hold, then I read something about 2 certain 'reveals' and was put off by it, even if I didn't find any particular flaws up to where I've read.

Overall I'd say the manga is a lot better than the anime, and is pretty well-written. It sure has a lot of extreme emotions and shock value but that's what they're going for, and they've done a terrific job so far.

Mar 7, 2014 11:53 PM

tsudecimo said:

Relevant.

tsudecimo said:
Not raging as much is not character development or a sign of it. He followed Levi because he had no choice, it was either that or get killed or stay in prison or w/e the court wanted before Levi interruption/suggestion. And the senseless beating Levi gave him, had an affect on him, and tamed him. He still had the same psycho obsession look and desire to kill the titans. What mistakes did he learn from?

I don't think he is a one dimensional character, he is the MC of the story so no matter how bad of a character he is, he can't really be one dimensional. He is two dimensional and lacks adequate depth. I called his rage one dimensional, it's always the same thing with no different/another dimension to it, his thoughts about the titans don't go beyond his desire to kill them, even though he is a titan himself. That was an opportunity for internal conflict for him, which would have added a lot more depth to his shallow character. But he didn't give two shits about it, all he thoughts about his titan power is that it can be used as a power/tool to kill other titan and help humanity. The thought of titans being humans didn't even occur to him or cross his mind.

He views the world/the titans/humanity/the conflict between them in a black and white way.

He is idiotic, immature, hotheaded and blinded by rage and that didn't change from the beginning of the series until where I left it in the manga.

Acting like a retard
instead of trying to make the best of his situation

''Die, Die'' ? seriously?
What if funny is that he himself said he will try to get some helpful information out of them but quickly forgot that and gave in to his emotions, meaning that he is still his old overzealous, immature, self-righteous and hot headed self.

and that's what I meant by ''especially Eren''.

and that's how the mangaka wanted him to react, like a normal person. He's changing though, he seems more mature in the later chapter, but for the non manga readers when season 2 comes out u all are going to eat your words.

Mar 7, 2014 11:53 PM

IntroverTurtle said:
It's anime, they make everything interesting. Did you really think watching a kid play Go would be interesting at first?

Yes. Board game is fun. :p

@keragamming
Chillax..

Mar 7, 2014 11:55 PM

ToG25thBaam said:

IntroverTurtle said:

Same here. I kinda lost interest after that. Well, I will probably pick it up, since I like long running anime. And pick up Space Brothers while I'm at it.

Mar 7, 2014 11:58 PM
tsudecimo said:

I honestly don't remember much. I wrote that review months ago, so I can't really go into details because I only remember the prominent parts (i.e his overreaction, the way he generally behaved and the scene where he was on the ground begging and acting somewhat normal after it).

To be honest, I think I would have thought NHK was good if it weren't for Gonzo and their adaption. The manga is much better and more enjoyable imo.
Coincidentally, I stumbled across your review earlier today (before you posted it in this thread), and I was itching to give you a profile comment, but I saw the date of the review and decided to just forget about it. Also, I'm on a tablet, so I wasn't willing to take the risk of typing so much just for you to tell me you don't remember some things, lol.

I actually hated reading parts of the manga because Satou was so unlikable. In the anime he wasn't that annoying or an idiot. But I agree with you that the manga is still better quality.
Modified by LoneWolfRain, Mar 8, 2014 12:07 AM

Mar 7, 2014 11:59 PM

tsudecimo said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

Not many people enjoy slow paced slice of life. I always think of given it a chance but I can already see me getting bored beyond belief while watching it.

That's true, Aria is something that requires the right mindset + desire for slower SOL to enjoy.

I feel like Aria is one of those series that should be slowly savored. An episode or two per day at most. It took me 4 months to get through the ~50 episodes of it, but I feel like I would have been cheated out of a much greater experience if I had tried to marathon or sped up the process.

And I really hate comparing anime like this, but I watched a certain episode of it around the same time SnK finished airing and I found it exponentially more satisfying than the entirety of Shingeki.

Mar 8, 2014 12:00 AM

ToG25thBaam said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Yes. Board game is fun. :p
Hmmm, wasn't expecting that. Well have fun when you do.

Mar 8, 2014 12:02 AM
Ratohnhaketon said:
tsudecimo said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

That's true, Aria is something that requires the right mindset + desire for slower SOL to enjoy.

I feel like Aria is one of those series that should be slowly savored. An episode or two per day at most. It took me 4 months to get through the ~50 episodes of it, but I feel like I would have been cheated out of a much greater experience if I had tried to marathon or sped up the process.

And I really hate comparing anime like this, but I watched a certain episode of it around the same time SnK finished airing and I found it exponentially more satisfying than the entirety of Shingeki.

Already tried that and unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I still can't get use to the cat.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (195) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »