Forum Settings
Forums

[Possible Spoilers] Most Overrated/Underrated Anime V. 2

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (195) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

Mar 10, 2014 1:07 PM

arikatoki said:
ovoon7 said:

I've been reading the One Piece manga and watching select tidbits from the anime. The manga is good, sometimes great. It's not the best thing ever though, at least, not yet. The anime itself is frankly, awful. The direction, budget, art, music, etc, is all painfully underwhelming and awkward. It's also horribly dragged out, so I could never hope to watch the whole thing. Who has that kind of time to waste on that pacing? Apparantly a lot of people. I understand why people like One Piece. I don't get why the anime has any praise. I've seen clips from the movie that were cool, and some later fights like 500 episodes in, and it does pick up in quality. But you have to do a lot of work to get to the good stuff in the anime.

Seriously,One Piece sucks ass...its like watching Pokemon,billions of episodes and its the same shit over and over again every new arc...and we will all be dead before this anime ends BECAUSE IT WILL NEVER END

Same shit over and over again every new arc, yet you've only seen 128 episodes. Clearly has seen every arc and knows that they are all the same

Mar 10, 2014 1:11 PM
Cupquake said:

Same shit over and over again every new arc, yet you've only seen 128 episodes. Clearly has seen every arc and knows that they are all the same

pls,Ive seen enough to know that is always the same shit

Strawhat Crew enters a new island ---> new villian appears ---> everyone fights ----> flashback episodes + backstorys -----> Luffy wins ----> optionally someone new joins the Crew ----> Strawhat Crew enters a new island

its so repetitive it hurts

Mar 10, 2014 1:13 PM

arikatoki said:
Cupquake said:

Strawhat Crew enters a new island ---> new villian appears ---> everyone fights ----> flashback episodes + backstorys -----> Luffy wins ----> optionally someone new joins the Crew ----> Strawhat Crew enters a new island

Someone once said, an anime episode is structured as the following,
opening song > content > ending song > preview. The content doesn't really matter.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Mar 10, 2014 1:14 PM
otaking
overraed all the horried latenight slock that pouplar here
underrated all the prime time anime that is hated here just beacuse its mainstrem
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong

Mar 10, 2014 1:15 PM

arikatoki said:
Cupquake said:

That's called making a hasty generalization. You haven't even finished alabasta.

Btw you should expect some basic formula for a long runner like one piece, and it's very different from Pokemon, where most of the shit that happens is random. One piece has it's basic formula that is follows loosely, but with enough variation that it still remains interesting and different each arc.

Mar 10, 2014 1:15 PM

Yu Yu Hakusho imo, boring fight after another.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 10, 2014 1:16 PM

arikatoki said:
Cupquake said:

>Fav anime Digimon and Dragonball
>complaints about repetitiveness

judals said:
Yu Yu Hakusho imo, boring fight after another.
So we can agree on things huh?Teh very first arc was way more interesting than all the rest.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 10, 2014 1:19 PM
Cupquake said:

That's called making a hasty generalization. You haven't even finished alabasta.

Btw you should expect some basic formula for a long runner like one piece, and it's very different from Pokemon, where most of the shit that happens is random. One piece has it's basic formula that is follows loosely, but with enough variation that it still remains interesting and different each arc.

yes,I did,I finished Alabasta...I stopped watching when they came to that Heaven Island

yes I know that One Piece has a basic formula,but dont pretend like its the anime with the most clever plot and tons of plot twists (its actually extremly predictable) because its not...discussion over

Mar 10, 2014 1:24 PM
ssjokg said:

Yes,because Digimon has 2332455566565675 episodes like One Piece lol...and atleast someone dies in DBZ and the main characters loose a fight,so its not even as half as predictable as One Piece

btw no one talked to you,unfriendly person

Mar 10, 2014 1:24 PM

arikatoki said:
Cupquake said:

yes,I did,I finished Alabasta...I stopped watching when they came to that Heaven Island

yes I know that One Piece has a basic formula,but dont pretend like its the anime with the most clever plot and tons of plot twists (its actually extremly predictable) because its not...discussion over

It has better plot than DB.At least OP stays on its premise.Find One piece.DB went from searching for the dragonballs to saving the universe from every villain in existence.

Mar 10, 2014 1:26 PM

arikatoki said:
Cupquake said:

It's impossible to have a consistent nonepisodic series as long as OP without a formula, so bashing the series for that is silly.

It does have a lot of plot twists.

It obviously doesn't have the most clever plot, but the plots of each arc usually serves it's purpose quite well.

I don't think it's predictable either, it was a bit in the beginning, but it got less and less so as the series went on.

Mar 10, 2014 1:28 PM

arikatoki said:
ssjokg said:

Yes,because Digimon has 2332455566565675 episodes like One Piece lol...and atleast someone dies in DBZ and the main characters loose sometimes a fight,so its not even as half as predictable as One Piece

Doesnt matter how many eps they have.Digimon is the same every fucking season.So why not hate it as well?
In DBZ if someone dies they can bring him back with the dragonballs even if they die multiple times.In OP the ones that are actually shown dead STAY dead.
Yeah DB wasnt predictable at all.The only thing nobody could predict was that SSJ has golden hair and that SSJ3 has no eyebrows.

Mar 10, 2014 1:29 PM
Cupquake said:

I don't think it's predictable either, it was a bit in the beginning, but it got less and less so as the series went on.

yeah,because no one expected Luffy to win against Sir Crocodile after he heas already beaten the crap of many other villains...and no one expected Chooper to join the Strawhats since he got more screentime than anyone else in that arc

Mar 10, 2014 1:32 PM

ssjokg said:
arikatoki said:
ssjokg said:

Yes,because Digimon has 2332455566565675 episodes like One Piece lol...and atleast someone dies in DBZ and the main characters loose sometimes a fight,so its not even as half as predictable as One Piece

Doesnt matter how many eps they have.Digimon is the same every fucking season.So why not hate it as well?
In DBZ if someone dies they can bring him back with the dragonballs even if they die multiple times.In OP the ones that are actually shown dead STAY dead.
Yeah DB wasnt predictable at all.The only thing nobody could predict was that SSJ has golden hair and that SSJ3 has no eyebrows.

DBZ the good guys always win.

ssjokg said:
Digimon is the same every fucking season.

WRONG. Adventure,Tamers and Frontier are completely different

and that DBZ argumentation was shit

arikatoki said:
Cupquake said:

yeah,because no one expected Luffy to win against Sir Crocodile after he heas already beaten the crap of many other villains...and no one expected Chooper to join the Strawhats since he got more screentime than anyone else in that arc

Bro, luffy has lost fights later in the story. Everyone was expecting him to win, very unpredictable outcome.

Characters with tons of screen time like Wyper didn't join the crew either. Chopper joining was obvious because luffy was collecting the bare bones of his crew and every crew needs a doctor. That didn't really need to be unexpected because it wasn't presented as surprising. Luffy pretty much tries to get him to join since the beginning

Mar 10, 2014 1:33 PM

ssjokg said:
arikatoki said:
ssjokg said:

Each season is its own entry. 01 and frontier are better imo.

Mar 10, 2014 1:33 PM

arikatoki said:
Cupquake said:

Thats just bitching now.You dont even try to prove a point.

Mar 10, 2014 1:34 PM

judals said:
ssjokg said:
arikatoki said:
ssjokg said:

I honestly thought Tamers was the best (though it took around 12 episodes to get going). Especially since it felt like it was a deconstruction compared to the rest.

Mar 10, 2014 1:36 PM
every Digimon season is completely different,go watch them before you say they're all the same

ssjokg said:
You dont even try to prove a point.

I do?

Mar 10, 2014 1:37 PM

arikatoki said:
ssjokg said:
Digimon is the same every fucking season.

WRONG. Adventure,Tamers and Frontier are completely different

and that DBZ argumentation was shit

But in the end it is the same.Save digimon world save the real world.

As shitty as yours about OP but I didnt tell you that did I?
judals said:
ssjokg said:
arikatoki said:
ssjokg said:

01 was the best of them.

Mar 10, 2014 1:40 PM

arikatoki said:
every Digimon season is completely different,go watch them before you say they're all the same

ssjokg said:
You dont even try to prove a point.

I do?

Every OP arc is different go watch them before you say they're all the same.

No you dont.You are just saying that it is bad and ignore the same flaws in your favs.

Mar 10, 2014 1:41 PM

Oh, and can in get some insight from someone as to why Elfen Lied is overrated? I thought it was very good, but most people seem to hate it.

Mar 10, 2014 1:42 PM

elfen lied is overrated because invisible hands are dumb
yuh yuh yuh

Mar 10, 2014 1:42 PM
otaking
i like it how no oe comments on my posts but likes augues with some who has the worst strewman than iv ven seen
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Mar 10, 2014 1:43 PM

Emnay said:

Monogatari is overrated because I've read a manga with toothbrush sex before. Rip-off

Mar 10, 2014 1:44 PM

Cupquake said:
Emnay said:

Monogatari is overrated because I've read a manga with toothbrush sex before. Rip-off
link
yuh yuh yuh

Cupquake said:
Oh, and can in get some insight from someone as to why Elfen Lied is overrated? I thought it was very good, but most people seem to hate it.

Because it tries hard to pass some messages through its gore and violence.Also too much nudity.

Thats my guess.I dont find it overrated or underrated.

otaking
Cupquake said:

the manga is /was a fine piece but the anime is /was/always will be onw of the wost adations ever

Overrated: KnB 2. Things get so fucking ridiculous that it's not even funny anymore. Just look at the game in which Hanamiya played (can't even remember that school's name). The story is all over the place, everything in the world is suddenly becoming all about basketball (see; Zone), when in the first season, there were actually other sports in the world.

Emnay said:
Cupquake said:
Emnay said:

link

Most likely a hentai.

Mar 10, 2014 1:47 PM

Emnay said:
Cupquake said:
Emnay said:

link

I'm trying to find it...I randomly found it so I don't remember the title though

Will edit if I find

Mar 10, 2014 1:48 PM

SolBlade said:
judals said:
ssjokg said:
arikatoki said:
ssjokg said:

I honestly thought Tamers was the best (though it took around 12 episodes to get going). Especially since it felt like it was a deconstruction compared to the rest.

I don't remember anything out of it to judge.
But... I do remember the change and new story felt jarring at the time, maybe give it a rewarch? Worth it?
Oh and I still listen to "my tomorrow" :-P
Talk about grown-up.

Mar 10, 2014 1:51 PM

yhunata said:
Overrated: KnB 2. Things get so fucking ridiculous that it's not even funny anymore. Just look at the game in which Hanamiya played (can't even remember that school's name). The story is all over the place, everything in the world is suddenly becoming all about basketball (see; Zone), when in the first season, there were actually other sports in the world.

+1. It's boring compare to the first season. The zone vs zone is not as epic as I imagine it to be.

Mar 10, 2014 1:53 PM

Cupquake said:
Sung-Hwan said:
Emnay said:
Sung-Hwan said:
Madoka Magica is a typhoon in the Japanese markets now, but on MAL, it's considered shit.

I just realized.
I didn't realize 8.67 was considered shit.

Maybe shit was a bit extreme.

It's not very impressive to say the least. But my opinion.

I think the rating is fine. The third movie deserves higher though. Great series, but 8.7 is a good rating for any series

gtfo

e: that and the Steins;Gate movie really need to drop down the rankings
Modified by hybreezy, Mar 10, 2014 1:58 PM

Mar 10, 2014 1:55 PM

Underrated:
Yomigaeru sora:rescue wings.
A brilliantly done realistic slice of life show based on the Japanese rescue squad. The fact that its beyond the top 1000 is a joke..
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Mar 10, 2014 1:57 PM
You can try to convince me that One Piece is awesome as much as you want,but I still think that it sucks (and Ill never change my opinion)...I mean,come on-the anime is airing for 15-16 years and it will probably end when we are all grey and old because theres no end in sight.And its generic and predictable as fuck,yet very popular,therefore its overrated.period.

ssjokg said:

How exactly is the Lysop arc completely different from the Chopper arc?

new island ---> new villain doing random shit --> a new friendly character appears ---> flashback,backstories bla bla bla ---> Luffy beats villain ---> everyone is lucky ---> that new friendly character suddenly decides to join the crew ---> saying goodbye with lots of tears ---> arc finished

Im pretty sure that the Franky and Brook arc arent any different

Mar 10, 2014 1:58 PM

judals said:
SolBlade said:
judals said:
ssjokg said:
arikatoki said:
ssjokg said:

I don't remember anything out of it to judge.
But... I do remember the change and new story felt jarring at the time, maybe give it a rewarch? Worth it?
Oh and I still listen to "my tomorrow" :-P
Talk about grown-up.

I would say sure, if you've got the time since it is 52 episodes long.
It starts off much like any other Digimon season but becomes darker as you progress. Especially with the stuff involving the D-Reaper. Also, it's the only season where Digimon that die are dead for good rather than returning to the village of beginnings or whatever it was called. Also, Takato is much more relatable (to your younger self) than the previous two protagonists, a bit of a wimp at first but reasonable since he's a grade schooler.

Mar 10, 2014 2:03 PM

Cupquake said:
Emnay said:
Cupquake said:
Emnay said:

link

I'm trying to find it...I randomly found it so I don't remember the title though

Will edit if I find

Finally found it!!

I was looking for hunter x hunter and I somehow got to this shit

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/sexual_hunter_riot/c012/16.html

Mar 10, 2014 2:06 PM

arikatoki said:
You can try to convince me that One Piece is awesome as much as you want,but I still think that it sucks (and Ill never change my opinion)...I mean,come on-the anime is airing for 15-16 years and it will probably end when we are all grey and old because theres no end in sight.And its generic and predictable as fuck,yet very popular,therefore its overrated.period.

ssjokg said:

new island ---> new villain doing random shit --> a new friendly character appears ---> flashback,backstories bla bla bla ---> Luffy beats villain ---> everyone is lucky ---> that new friendly character suddenly decides to join the crew ---> saying goodbye with lots of tears ---> arc finished

You're watching shounen with the wrong mentality. Yes, every shounen has pretty much the same pattern in a nutshell: Protagonists find new bad guy > MC's go through hardships > MC's fight and defeat bad guy. Done. What you have to look for is the way the storytelling is done. OP does a good job of alternating humor with emotional character development, followed by a decently set-up boss fight. Don't bother about how a shounen is structured, it's about in what WAY it is executed through the story and characters.

Mar 10, 2014 2:07 PM

Seto no Hanayome for most underrated
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕

Mar 10, 2014 2:08 PM

hybreezy said:
Cupquake said:
Sung-Hwan said:
Emnay said:
Sung-Hwan said:
Madoka Magica is a typhoon in the Japanese markets now, but on MAL, it's considered shit.

I just realized.
I didn't realize 8.67 was considered shit.

Maybe shit was a bit extreme.

It's not very impressive to say the least. But my opinion.

I think the rating is fine. The third movie deserves higher though. Great series, but 8.7 is a good rating for any series

gtfo

e: that and the Steins;Gate movie really need to drop down the rankings

I don't see why the third movie is so hated. It was awesome IMO

Plus homuras personality change was beautiful

Mar 10, 2014 2:10 PM

arikatoki said:

ssjokg said:

Dragonball much.

Seriously if you want to have a discussion actually present a flaw not the structure of every Shounen ever.

But to ruin your views , NO they dont get a crew member in each arc.They dont beat the villains in every arc,and characters actually stay dead.
I see more variation in OP than in Dragonball .

Mar 10, 2014 2:10 PM

Hey arikatoki(aka heynad), what was your previous avatar?

Mar 10, 2014 2:11 PM

IntroverTurtle said:

Wasn't it light yagami?

Mar 10, 2014 2:12 PM

Forgetfulness said:
Cupquake said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Wasn't it light yagami?
Light Yagami, and before that Kakashi
Ok, now I remember who he was. Thanks guys. I knew I recognized that comment on his profile.

Mar 10, 2014 2:12 PM

Forgetfulness said:
Cupquake said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Wasn't it light yagami?
Is this something I should know about?

Mar 10, 2014 2:14 PM

ssjokg said:
Forgetfulness said:
Cupquake said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Wasn't it light yagami?
Is this something I should know about?

Basically he hates one piece and bebop and this is not the first time he has hated on one piece. Kinda like me and clannad

Mar 10, 2014 2:15 PM

Cupquake said:
I was looking for hunter x hunter and I somehow got to this shit

Yeah... Right!
ToG25thBaam said:
yhunata said:

+1. It's boring compare to the first season. The zone vs zone is not as epic as I imagine it to be.

What annoyed me the most was all those misdirections bullshit, that kind of stuff belongs to a Battle shonen, not a anime about Basket-ball.

I still like it though.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (195) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »