Forum Settings
Forums

[Possible Spoilers] Most Overrated/Underrated Anime V. 2

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (195) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

Mar 8, 2014 7:08 PM

Repawn said:

I'm still waiting for it to finish so I can finally start watching it.
One Piece is a god-work that will not finish in the sum of all our lifetimes.
Oda is the One Piece; Nakama Lyfe Everlasting; The Salvation of Animedom itself.

Mar 8, 2014 7:33 PM

Toei Piece is fun for casual entertainment (I like it enough to buy FUNimation's 26 episode sets)

But man, One Piece with the Madhouse touch would be unf <3

Mar 8, 2014 7:46 PM

Kaimon237 said:
Toei Piece is fun for casual entertainment (I like it enough to buy FUNimation's 26 episode sets)

I don't really care which company animates One Piece, as long as they keep the "Difficult" theme in there.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
I conclude that this theme is in fact good!

Mar 8, 2014 7:53 PM

Kaimon237 said:

I'm waiting for the reboot: One Piece 2025.

Mar 8, 2014 7:58 PM

IntroverTurtle said:
Toei's way better than Pierrot.

What do you like about Toei's adaptions? and what do you dislike about Pierrot's adaptions?

I'm gonna guess fillers, since you like one piece's and consider them good.

Mar 8, 2014 8:02 PM
otaking
toei and banDAI ARETHE TWO best sonce the malke the most money

so every they do is underrated
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong

Mar 8, 2014 10:50 PM

jal90 said:
If you don't take designs into account no wonder how every villain is the same. Okay bye.

Exactly. The design is what makes them different, not their character. To me that's a flaw Naruto did not have.

if you are talking about the plot structure, then talk about the plot structure. Not the personalities of the villains which are defined by their intentions, motivations and backstories.

Well said motivations hardly played any difference in the events, hence ending up being the same chuck of baddies.

Shallow? You mean that you can't make a difference between Krieg and Arlong despite their backstories are radically different, and so are their attitudes? Or Crocodile and Moriah who as said may share a similar backstory but their answer was very different?

Answer above ^

Meaningful to the plot construction, to build the personal motivations of a character or to make changes in the structure of the world.

That's a fancy way of saying "convenient".

So action has to be followed by death because death is what defines action and... wait, no.

No. But sometimes, yes. If you write an action and pretend it's a life or death situation, have SOME way of making it believable lest the tension becomes a joke. A death earlier on can get me pumped for a future fight whether the latter has actual deaths or not. But then again, it's all about execution and I doubt OP would handle it well even if they went down that road imo.

The issue you may have noticed with most false deaths in One Piece is that there are no cheap tricks, simply because there are no tricks, simply because there is no real explanation. I think it was Pagaya who appeared with a casual: "Hey, I just survived!". Then again, we didn't see him die either.

Tricks or no, it is still cheap writing on the author's part.

Bad writing? Some instances of it may be, but it is consistant writing. One of the things we learn about this series is that we can't confirm a death until it's directly shown to us.

consistently cheap, if that's how he wants to deal with death.

Actually it's not that I disagree with your point here but you seem to defend it as if it was a mere default option and it isn't. The way Oda handles death follows clear purposes that can be understood, you can agree with them or not, they can work for you or not. I take back my argument on suspension of disbelief. Watching the soldiers of Punk Hazard "dying" in the global context of the series diminishes the emotional effect as these deaths are proved to be ineffective and in the end false, but trying to get into the specific mood that is set in them through the characters who perceive a feeling of danger and shock can make these scenes work. And both viewpoints are valid.

Well yeah, and my view is that this is pretty bad writing that could have been handled in a better way. Especially now that the show is so heavily focused on action.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 9, 2014 12:29 AM

FGAU1912 said:

What about their production quality?

Mar 9, 2014 3:40 AM

@judals, I think we can reach a point of mutual disagreement in the issue about deaths, so it's absurd to keep discussing it. On the villains though and plot convenience:

judals said:
jal90 said:
If you don't take designs into account no wonder how every villain is the same. Okay bye.

Exactly. The design is what makes them different, not their character. To me that's a flaw Naruto did not have.

Character designs as including the whole portrayal, their aesthetical appearance, objectives, motivations, personality, relation with the events... Some of them enjoy making innocents suffer (Arlong, Wapol, Enel, Hody, Caesar), some of them just don't care (Kuro, Krieg, Crocodile, Moriah), some others follow an ideal of justice (Spandam and Lucci); some act due to revenge (Arlong), some try to get a major objective (Kuro, Crocodile, Moriah); some invaded a territory (Arlong, Wapol, Enel), some were in their own place (Moriah); some are motivated to defeat Luffy for a major purpose (Lucci, Moriah, Caesar), some just see him as an obstacle for their objectives (Krieg, Crocodile, Arlong, Hody, Wapol). Should I keep going?

judals said:

if you are talking about the plot structure, then talk about the plot structure. Not the personalities of the villains which are defined by their intentions, motivations and backstories.

Well said motivations hardly played any difference in the events, hence ending up being the same chuck of baddies.

Except they did. If you want to be reductionist the plot structure is the same: the villains bully a friend of Luffy and he gets annoyed, resulting in a major fight. But the friends are not the same, the villains are not the same, and Luffy's specific relation with each of them is not the same either. Vivi's has nothing to do with Chopper's, for instance, and these in turn had nothing to do with the motivations Luffy had to rescue Robin.

judals said:

Meaningful to the plot construction, to build the personal motivations of a character or to make changes in the structure of the world.

That's a fancy way of saying "convenient".

Of course it's convenient. Anything that serves to make the plot grow and develop is plot convenient. What are you even trying to suggest with it? That the series shouldn't present instances that make the plot turn and/or develop? I can't see the whole fuss about this convenience, it's quite obvious if you ask me.

Mar 9, 2014 5:37 AM

jal90 said:

Character designs as including the whole portrayal, their aesthetical appearance, objectives, motivations, personality, relation with the events... Some of them enjoy making innocents suffer (Arlong, Wapol, Enel, Hody, Caesar), some of them just don't care (Kuro, Krieg, Crocodile, Moriah), some others follow an ideal of justice (Spandam and Lucci); some act due to revenge (Arlong), some try to get a major objective (Kuro, Crocodile, Moriah); some invaded a territory (Arlong, Wapol, Enel), some were in their own place (Moriah); some are motivated to defeat Luffy for a major purpose (Lucci, Moriah, Caesar), some just see him as an obstacle for their objectives (Krieg, Crocodile, Arlong, Hody, Wapol). Should I keep going?

Except they did. If you want to be reductionist the plot structure is the same: the villains bully a friend of Luffy and he gets annoyed, resulting in a major fight. But the friends are not the same, the villains are not the same, and Luffy's specific relation with each of them is not the same either. Vivi's has nothing to do with Chopper's, for instance, and these in turn had nothing to do with the motivations Luffy had to rescue Robin.

It's not about being a reductionist, it's about the content. on the surface, they look different, but deep down, it's the same. Let's tackle them individually for instance to see how unique each one really is.
Did the Krieg arc revolutionize or at least added anything different?
Was it executed in a way with so much depth and detail it made it different from the other storylines with the same format?
Be it sadistic or indifferent, these are all archetypes and categories they fall under. and that's where it ends, unfortunately.

Of course it's convenient. Anything that serves to make the plot grow and develop is plot convenient. What are you even trying to suggest with it? That the series shouldn't present instances that make the plot turn and/or develop? I can't see the whole fuss about this convenience, it's quite obvious if you ask me.

Convenient as in goes in line with a Deus ex, it's a cheap trick that doesn't make sense just because the author wanted to walk (a character) out of a certain situation. I just see it like this: I had to go through certain arc x which was just pandering, then the author had the audacity to nullify something of it that took a big chunck of that pandering, as if it never existed, adding salt to injury. So to speak.

I realize it's different for you so let's just agree to disagree.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 9, 2014 6:03 AM

SetsukoHara said:
iLostReason said:
Kaiji - saw many people talking about how they wont even touch it because of art.Seriously, Kaiji is one of best psychological anime i've ever seen, and art is like perfect for its atmosphere.Even tho its ranked decently, i think it deserves more praise.

It's all the more surprising because it's the type of psychological thriller that I'm sure a lot of anime fans would actually like. And in term of social commentary, the first season is actually way better than most psychological anime I've seen. And that narrator, for fuck's sake! That guy is the best to create tension.

I'd like to be the first to say that I don't believe Kaiji is underrated. Yes, many people disregard it due to the art, but that isn't even the worst part about Kaiji. The narrator is annoying and points out the obvious, most of the games they play are based more on luck than anything else when it comes down to it, and the characters are as dumb as can be. Don't even get me started on why I think Kaiji is one of the worst characters ever.

Mar 9, 2014 6:05 AM
otaking
tsudecimo said:
FGAU1912 said:

#
they doninate the market by far id say at lest50 percent of the indury total purse comes from these two either via Tv ratings or other means most stuff toei owns has its merch produced by bandai

i look at it as a Buisess first and art form 2nd i doubt any onw will ever by pass these two id pur there total Yearly profit as animation houses 2nd and 3rd behind disney[ bandai is not split like toei i] Namo bandai Holdings is bandai ]

if Toei did not go thought the restructre it did in 98 were th animation studio bacme its own branch Toei would be abouve bandai cuase the animation and live action aera were one [ not just run by the same Preant they were the same thing from 1952 to 1998 called Toei Douga

namco bandai also [sunrise] to give it its full title now
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Mar 9, 2014 6:10 AM
Dmanful said:
SetsukoHara said:
iLostReason said:
Kaiji - saw many people talking about how they wont even touch it because of art.Seriously, Kaiji is one of best psychological anime i've ever seen, and art is like perfect for its atmosphere.Even tho its ranked decently, i think it deserves more praise.

It's all the more surprising because it's the type of psychological thriller that I'm sure a lot of anime fans would actually like. And in term of social commentary, the first season is actually way better than most psychological anime I've seen. And that narrator, for fuck's sake! That guy is the best to create tension.

I'd like to be the first to say that I don't believe Kaiji is underrated. Yes, many people disregard it due to the art, but that isn't even the worst part about Kaiji. The narrator is annoying and points out the obvious, most of the games they play are based more on luck than anything else when it comes down to it, and the characters are as dumb as can be. Don't even get me started on why I think Kaiji is one of the worst characters ever.

Have to agree on the last part where you said Kaji is a bad character. He's keep on crying way too much in some episodes that I might think he may fit to be part of a moe girls group who cries sometimes too lol. The art didn't bother me in Kaji when I first watch it, but it gets some used to it with the character's weird noses. Right now I putted the show on-hold, but I may doubt I will even watch it because I think the episode I am on right now will start to get predictable to me.

Mar 9, 2014 6:19 AM

FGAU1912 said:
tsudecimo said:
FGAU1912 said:

#
they doninate the market by far id say at lest50 percent of the indury total purse comes from these two either via Tv ratings or other means most stuff toei owns has its merch produced by bandai

i look at it as a Buisess first and art form 2nd i doubt any onw will ever by pass these two id pur there total Yearly profit as animation houses 2nd and 3rd behind disney[ bandai is not split like toei i] Namo bandai Holdings is bandai ]

if Toei did not go thought the restructre it did in 98 were th animation studio bacme its own branch Toei would be abouve bandai cuase the animation and live action aera were one [ not just run by the same Preant they were the same thing from 1952 to 1998 called Toei Douga

One thing is for sure, they are stingy.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Mar 9, 2014 7:08 AM

FGAU1912 said:
tsudecimo said:
FGAU1912 said:

#

I'm asking about the quality of their anime in terms of animation, pacing, soundtrack, cast, etc.

Mar 9, 2014 10:31 AM

Dmanful said:
SetsukoHara said:
iLostReason said:

About the narrator, I know where you're coming from. That's the problem many shows with narrator have, I don't mind it, because I think he used a lot of interesting comparison, and his social commentaries are spot on. And even when he states the obvious, there is usually so much passion in his voice that it adds a lot to the tension, or the over the topness of the show.
Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O-XEGAt0d0

most of the games they play are based more on luck than anything else when it comes down to it

I really disagree here, of course luck play a part because this is gambling. But the people who relied on luck more than anything have all lost and pretty badly at that. Most success were built through a very well crafted plan, luck was still there, of course, but it wasn't the most important factor.

the characters are as dumb as can be.

Most of them are losers who haven't done anything with their life and are in huge debt. So of course, you won't find any Einstein in the bunch, but I think that they were intelligent enough.

DarknessOfEmo said:
Dmanful said:
Don't even get me started on why I think Kaiji is one of the worst characters ever.

Have to agree on the last part where you said Kaji is a bad character. He's keep on crying way too much in some episodes that I might think he may fit to be part of a moe girls group who cries sometimes too lol.

A lot of people think Kaiji is moe, so I guess he would fit. I can understand his crying from time to time, he is a nice guy but keeps getting fucked over again and again. I would cry too if I was in his shoes.
DarknessOfEmo said:
Right now I putted the show on-hold, but I may doubt I will even watch it because I think the episode I am on right now will start to get predictable to me.

You're on episode 5... You probably think you know, but you don't.

Mar 9, 2014 11:34 AM
otaking
tsudecimo said:
FGAU1912 said:
tsudecimo said:
FGAU1912 said:

#

I'm asking about the quality of their anime in terms of animation, pacing, soundtrack, cast, etc.

SoundTrack toei anime still have anison for the most part ][ or at lest 1 true anison]
Casting toei and bandai alaways are able to bring in bigger name Seiiyu than most cuase thay can more affoed to pay them big money

Bandai wins pacing [ via there sunrisr stuff] iv never seen a poorly pacing show by Them even one i do not like have decent pace to them

Art style[ they beat most other studios [ yes nowdys i view good art style as more important than good animation quilty

Mar 9, 2014 11:40 AM

was it absolutely necessary to create another thread

Mar 9, 2014 11:41 AM

Shirtisred said:
Yes

Mar 9, 2014 11:58 AM

SetsukoHara said:

DarknessOfEmo said:
Dmanful said:
Don't even get me started on why I think Kaiji is one of the worst characters ever.

Have to agree on the last part where you said Kaji is a bad character. He's keep on crying way too much in some episodes that I might think he may fit to be part of a moe girls group who cries sometimes too lol.

A lot of people think Kaiji is moe, so I guess he would fit. I can understand his crying from time to time, he is a nice guy but keeps getting fucked over again and again. I would cry too if I was in his shoes.

The thing is, if I'm not mistaken, in the first episode they make him out to be some badass that slashes tires and steals car emblems, yet he spontaneously turns into someone that can't predict betrayal and cries at every little thing. You'd think a rebel with nothing to lose would be a little more street smart and a bit less whiny.

Mar 9, 2014 12:04 PM

Dmanful said:
SetsukoHara said:

DarknessOfEmo said:
Dmanful said:

The thing is, if I'm not mistaken, in the first episode they make him out to be some badass that slashes tires and steals car emblems, yet he spontaneously turns into someone that can't predict betrayal and cries at every little thing. You'd think a rebel with nothing to lose would be a little more street smart and a bit less whiny.
I don't think stealing car emblems and slashing tires is something you might call badass. I also don't see the connection with doing petty crimes and being able to predict betrayal and crying. I actually think the people who do those crimes would be the ones to have problems when it comes to the real thing where they're betting their lives. He's not a seasoned soldier who's been tortured and seen so much death he's numb to it, he's a punkass who steals petty shit.

Mar 9, 2014 12:04 PM

Shirtisred said:

This thread is overrated (pardon the pun)
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Mar 9, 2014 1:22 PM
The most underrated anime has to be 11eyes. It has AMAZING action, great story and great characters as well. So i don't understand why it's so unpopular. Personally, it is one of my favourites, and I recommend it to anyone who likes action with supernatural powers.

The most overrated anime is easily SAO. Nothing is good about it. Lame ass characters. Slow pacing and too many timeskips. And also fairyshit arc.

Mar 9, 2014 3:53 PM

Forgetfulness said:
alfhol9827 said:
The most underrated anime has to be 11eyes. It has AMAZING action, great story and great characters as well. So i don't understand why it's so unpopular. Personally, it is one of my favourites, and I recommend it to anyone who likes action with supernatural powers.

The most overrated anime is easily SAO. Nothing is good about it. Lame ass characters. Slow pacing and too many timeskips. And also fairyshit arc.
Are you judging 11eyes by the anime alone or have you read the visual novel before?

I haven't seen it, but I've heard of 11eyes before when I found the OST "The GOD Fist" on Youtube. I think I've read that it was a messed up adaptation of a visual novel

I do want to see it in one form or another, but not sure if I should just go to the VN or not :|

I've only seen the anime but personally I thought it was decently entertaining for what it was, albeit very generic and predictable. None of the characters really stood out to me though except for Misuzu - she's just flat out awesome.

Mar 9, 2014 4:37 PM

alfhol9827 said:

I dont think SAO is some masterpiece or even great but it sure is a lot better than 11eyes.Even if you take into account their "bad" parts like harem/pseudo harem Sao is easily better.

Mar 10, 2014 8:45 AM

Overrated: One Piece, Gintama, Mushishi, Attack on Titan, Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei, Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Underrated: Glass no Kamen (2005), Paradise Kiss, Itazura na Kiss.

Mar 10, 2014 8:48 AM

alfhol9827 said:
The most underrated anime has to be 11eyes. It has AMAZING action, great story and great characters as well. So i don't understand why it's so unpopular. Personally, it is one of my favourites, and I recommend it to anyone who likes action with supernatural powers..

I can see where you are coming from with the visual novel i played it and it was actually pretty good, but the anime adaptation just doesn't do it Justice.
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa

Mar 10, 2014 8:49 AM

luteum said:
Overrated: One Piece, Gintama, Mushishi, Attack on Titan, Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei, Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Not sure about the other ones, but Mushishi isn't overrated.
Modified by Trequartista, Mar 10, 2014 8:57 AM
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Mar 10, 2014 8:49 AM

Overrated : One Piece and Attack on Titan .

One Piece is damn overrated by its fanbase . I love One Piece , but I completely dislike the whole fanbase , they think One Piece is the best thing . (Don't deny it)

Attack on Titan didn't deserve the hype it had , but I don't know why the hell is overrated . Maybe because its animation ? Because the characters are ... never mind .

Mar 10, 2014 8:51 AM

skyzblue said:
luteum said:

Not sure about the other ones, but I don't think Mushishi is underrated.
You mean "overrated", right?

Itazura na Kiss was painfully shoujo. I don't think it's underrated at all.

Mar 10, 2014 8:53 AM

-Klad- said:

One Piece is damn overrated by its fanbase . I love One Piece , but I completely dislike the whole fanbase , they think One Piece is the best thing . (Don't deny it)

Attack on Titan didn't deserve the hype it had , but I don't know why the hell is overrated . Maybe because its animation ? Because the characters are ... never mind .

It's not a show's fault being popular, but I hadn't experienced obnoxious SnK fans as I had with the One Piece community (despite being stagnant).

And I genuinely enjoyed what I've seen of the adaptation so far.

Mar 10, 2014 8:56 AM

Ckan said:
skyzblue said:
luteum said:

Goddamnit!
I am on a typo-streak today! >___<
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Mar 10, 2014 8:57 AM

judals said:
-Klad- said:

It's not a show's fault being popular, but I hadn't experienced obnoxious SnK fans as I had with the One Piece community (despite being stagnant).

I'm not saying that being popular makes an anime bad , but I didn't enjoy SnK that much , and I don't dislike the fanbase , but how overrated it is . I know that its action is good and all , but characters are plain boring .

Yep , it comes all to personal preferences .

Mar 10, 2014 9:02 AM

-Klad- said:
judals said:
-Klad- said:

I'm not saying that being popular makes an anime bad , but I didn't enjoy SnK that much , and I don't dislike the fanbase , but how overrated it is . I know that its action is good and all , but characters are plain boring .

Yep , it comes all to personal preferences .

Well it's kinda funny that SnK got called out on the characters significantly more in the anime. And I do notice it too, but not that I cared about their depth, while they are not so deep, their characters are enough to carry them through this grand-scale story, where my interest lies, so any unique characters with such an atmosphere and good shock value was very enjoyable in the manga. The anime, not as much imo.

Mar 10, 2014 9:12 AM

judals said:
Well it's kinda funny that SnK got called out on the characters significantly more in the anime. And I do notice it too, but not that I cared about their depth, while they are not so deep, their characters are enough to carry them through this grand-scale story, where my interest lies, so any unique characters with such an atmosphere and good shock value was very enjoyable in the manga. The anime, not as much imo.

Honestly, having seen the anime first and then reading the manga afterwards, even I could tell that some of the characterization definitely got butchered in the anime version (not that I didn't enjoy the anime as random fun entertainment, but it definitely had its faults).

Mar 10, 2014 9:55 AM
underrated

msg 0079
berserk
lupin III castle of cagliostro
Modified by wulfHkz, Mar 10, 2014 11:30 AM

Mar 10, 2014 10:35 AM

Ckan said:
skyzblue said:
luteum said:

InK should be higher than other romances at least. I think 7.89 is pretty suitable but shit romance like Clannad and Maid-sama are higher.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Mar 10, 2014 10:39 AM

mayukachan said:

InK should be higher than other romances at least. I think 7.89 is pretty suitable but shit romance like Clannad and Maid-sama are higher.

Clannad is drama, Maid-sama is fun because of Usui and Misaki. I like InK, but I prefer Clannad and Maid-sama over InK.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Mar 10, 2014 10:44 AM

ToG25thBaam said:
mayukachan said:

Clannad is drama, Maid-sama is fun because of Usui and Misaki. I like InK, but I prefer Clannad and Maid-sama over InK.

A lot of people consider Clannad and Maid-sama to be the best romance animes out there LOL So that's why I'm making a comparison. :P Yeah, Maid-sama was a fun show but I didn't think it was great or had a point to it. Clannad, I had mixed feelings. I liked some of the arcs and then I didn't. There was a lot of unnecessary drama that eventually didn't matter in ~AS~ and the romance was not written well.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Mar 10, 2014 10:57 AM

Overrated:
One Piece
Steins;Gate, even though I love it so.
Code Geass

I've been reading the One Piece manga and watching select tidbits from the anime. The manga is good, sometimes great. It's not the best thing ever though, at least, not yet. The anime itself is frankly, awful. The direction, budget, art, music, etc, is all painfully underwhelming and awkward. It's also horribly dragged out, so I could never hope to watch the whole thing. Who has that kind of time to waste on that pacing? Apparantly a lot of people. I understand why people like One Piece. I don't get why the anime has any praise. I've seen clips from the movie that were cool, and some later fights like 500 episodes in, and it does pick up in quality. But you have to do a lot of work to get to the good stuff in the anime.

Underrated:
Apparently both the Nozomi Witches manga and anime. I've heard good things about it, yet it is literally unwatched here.
Same goes for One Pound Gospel, although the manga is where it's at for that one.
Haibane Renmei isn't nearly as high as it needs to be.
Ima, Soku ni Iru Boku
Kaiba
Ryvius (this one is WAY better than a 7.66)
Tsuritama

Mar 10, 2014 11:05 AM

mayukachan said:
ToG25thBaam said:
mayukachan said:

A lot of people consider Clannad and Maid-sama to be the best romance animes out there LOL So that's why I'm making a comparison. :P Yeah, Maid-sama was a fun show but I didn't think it was great or had a point to it. Clannad, I had mixed feelings. I liked some of the arcs and then I didn't. There was a lot of unnecessary drama that eventually didn't matter in ~AS~ and the romance was not written well.

Honey and clover>Clannad
Nodame Cantabile>Maid Sama
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Mar 10, 2014 11:26 AM

ovoon7 said:
Underrated:
Tsuritama

I think Tsuritama only appeals for some people. I liked it, but it was badly paced (the main plot only came at the end) and the characters were not really interesting.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Mar 10, 2014 11:30 AM

mayukachan said:
ToG25thBaam said:
mayukachan said:

Clannad is fairly overrated in my opinion. Same goes with Afterstory. They were good but not anywhere near the best in terms of romance. Then there's that supernatural aspect to mix in as well.

Mar 10, 2014 11:35 AM
Over rated: Another, Mirai Nikki, Toradora, Cowboy Bebop, Steins;Gate

Under Rated: Clannad AS (should be #1), Higurashi (deserved to be higher), Wolf's Rain

Mar 10, 2014 12:03 PM

Aylaine said:
mayukachan said:
ToG25thBaam said:
mayukachan said:

Clannad is fairly overrated in my opinion. Same goes with Afterstory. They were good but not anywhere near the best in terms of romance. Then there's that supernatural aspect to mix in as well.

The supernatural aspect is what made it less "great" to me because it just felt unnecessary, imo. And I don't just mean that by the stuff that happened at the end.

Mar 10, 2014 12:18 PM

Overrated:
Mirai Nikki
I think we all know people who enjoyed Yuno and the gore rated it high. It may have started interesting but then it just gets worse over time with blatant plot holes. Not to mention the lead is so finicky with his actions/thoughts, plot just happens conveniently.

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Angsty melodrama where the "everyone tried their best" theme was badly paced/executed. Nothing really resolved with all those problems.

Underrated:
Nazo no Kanojo X
No it isn't some amazing romance, but it is enjoyable and different. The ecchi tag falsely puts it into ecchi fanservice anime pile staving off the majority. Even if people try it, they will most likely put it down too fast because the female love interest isn't attractive or the "drool" aspect.

Mar 10, 2014 12:41 PM

SolBlade said:
The supernatural aspect is what made it less "great" to me because it just felt unnecessary, imo. And I don't just mean that by the stuff that happened at the end.

I agree

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Mar 10, 2014 1:03 PM
ovoon7 said:

I've been reading the One Piece manga and watching select tidbits from the anime. The manga is good, sometimes great. It's not the best thing ever though, at least, not yet. The anime itself is frankly, awful. The direction, budget, art, music, etc, is all painfully underwhelming and awkward. It's also horribly dragged out, so I could never hope to watch the whole thing. Who has that kind of time to waste on that pacing? Apparantly a lot of people. I understand why people like One Piece. I don't get why the anime has any praise. I've seen clips from the movie that were cool, and some later fights like 500 episodes in, and it does pick up in quality. But you have to do a lot of work to get to the good stuff in the anime.

Seriously,One Piece sucks ass...its like watching Pokemon,billions of episodes and its the same shit over and over again every new arc...and we will all be dead before this anime ends BECAUSE IT WILL NEVER END

Mar 10, 2014 1:06 PM

arikatoki said:
ovoon7 said:

Seriously,One Piece sucks ass...its like watching Pokemon,billions of episodes and its the same shit over and over again every new arc...and we will all be dead before this anime ends BECAUSE IT WILL NEVER END

No.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (195) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »