Forum Settings
Forums

[Possible Spoilers] Most Overrated/Underrated Anime V. 2

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (195) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

Mar 8, 2014 12:02 AM

Oh yeah Eyeshield 21 is underrated. You can feel the character develop while watching this unlike a certain sports anime that turn into superpower battle recently.
"Kickstarter for Rokujouma physical book will be live this fall. Be sure to back it up guys."

Mar 8, 2014 12:04 AM

worldeditor11 said:

Already tried that and unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I still can't get use to the cat.

Is that cat really your biggest problem?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 8, 2014 12:06 AM
_ultima_ said:
worldeditor11 said:

Already tried that and unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I still can't get use to the cat.

Yes.

Mar 8, 2014 12:11 AM

worldeditor11 said:
_ultima_ said:
worldeditor11 said:

Yes.

Puhi Pu Puhi-nya! I honestly hated him until Natural, then I started to see him in a new light and adored him by the start of Origination.

Mar 8, 2014 12:13 AM

worldeditor11 said:
Ratohnhaketon said:
tsudecimo said:
Ratohnhaketon said:
Aria the Ani/Nat/Origination isn't underrated by any means, but I feel like it's obscure and under the radar despite its rank. It often goes overlooked and underestimated for its premise.

Not many people enjoy slow paced slice of life. I always think of given it a chance but I can already see me getting bored beyond belief while watching it.

That's true, Aria is something that requires the right mindset + desire for slower SOL to enjoy.

I feel like Aria is one of those series that should be slowly savored. An episode or two per day at most. It took me 4 months to get through the ~50 episodes of it, but I feel like I would have been cheated out of a much greater experience if I had tried to marathon or sped up the process.

And I really hate comparing anime like this, but I watched a certain episode of it around the same time SnK finished airing and I found it exponentially more satisfying than the entirety of Shingeki.

Why u choose attack on titan? is it because it's popular? I'm seeing this trend when people are comparing things they choose to compare it with attack on titan. And most of the times the anime is completely different than shingeki.

Mar 8, 2014 12:35 AM

keragamming said:

Why u choose attack on titan? is it because it's popular? I'm seeing this trend when people are comparing things they choose to compare it with attack on titan. And most of the times the anime is completely different than shingeki.

I just saw people already talking about SnK and it reminded me that I watched the final episode on the same day as a certain episode of Aria. It's not to say I'm comparing the actual contents, but rather the sensation each one left me. I really enjoyed SnK and finished it feeling excited, pumped up, and ready for more. But the moment I watched Aria, I felt an emotional surge that was on a completely different level from what I was feeling before.

Definitely not belittling SnK, but it overshadowed and overwhelmed those previous feelings within a day. And I couldn't help but find the irony and humor in a show about nothing moving me more than a life and death struggle.

Mar 8, 2014 12:43 AM

ronri said:
Ummmmm nope. Not when you're not the intended audience in the first place? Not when it's a Japanese show mainly catering to Japanese viewers perhaps??? (not to mention, it's purposely using English to make a Japanese pun, not at all for "making things clear for the audience on the other side of the planet" as much as you love to claim it is)

Oh because everyone who watches it is basically a genius at getting Japanese puns even when translated to senseless English, correct?

Interesting point about that, because Mirai Nikki (Lord_Pooka's favorite) might as well have literally ripped off a character from Evangelion... (both characters have the same VA too)

Why should I care about Mirai Nikki ripping off a character? And why should I care about other companies ripping off Mirai Nikki's own character too? If you say why Gainwhats is not a generic company, you're going to say they made X and Y and Z. That's what all anime companies do; make X and Y and Z animes. Gain did nothing different on their part from everyone else; they just made anime like everyone else, then everybody loved it for some reason. That's it. Nothing so special about Gain.

Mar 8, 2014 12:52 AM

Out of the ideas that were ripped off of at least 10 other shows and the terrible execution of said ideas which part of Mirai Nikki would anyone want to rip off?

Mar 8, 2014 12:54 AM

SeibaaHomu said:
Out of the ideas that were ripped off of at least 10 other shows and the terrible execution of said ideas which part of Mirai Nikki would anyone want to rip off?

TVTropes said that Yuno Gasai acted as the "codifier" of yanderes. So here you go. I don't care who wants to rip what from Mirai Nikki; everybody rips each other off.

Oh, too many Mirai Nikki haters than anticipated. They surely will never know how good this thing is compared to stuff like killaterrible and how it can act as a magnet to animanga.

Mar 8, 2014 12:57 AM

Lord_Pooka said:
Oh because everyone who watches it is basically a genius at getting Japanese puns even when translated to senseless English, correct?

This is just getting silly, this doesn't make any sense since the title of the show is a purposeful Japanese pun, for a Japanese show, made for a Japanese audience. I'm honestly surprised that you can't grasp such a simple concept. So no, it doesn't need to cater to an English-speaking audience as much as you love to insist on it. And yes, it's ridiculous to judge and feel mistreated by a show over its title especially when you couldn't even get the intended pun behind it.

Lord_Pooka said:
Why should I care about Mirai Nikki ripping off a character? .

I wasn't even talking to you and you obviously care enough to even bother giving me a reply about it.

Lord_Pooka said:

Oh, too many Mirai Nikki haters than anticipated. They surely will never know how good this thing is compared to stuff like killaterrible and how it can act as a magnet to animanga.

Ah yes, the "hater" argument. Because everyone who disagrees with your opinion is instantly a "hater".
Modified by ronri, Mar 8, 2014 1:02 AM

Mar 8, 2014 1:03 AM

ronri said:
This is just getting silly, this doesn't make any sense since the title of the show is a purposeful Japanese pun, for Japanese show, made for a Japanese audience. I'm honestly surprised that you can't grasp such a simple concept. And yes, it's ridiculous to judge and feel mistreated by a show over its title especially when you couldn't even get the intended pun behind it.

Seriously, Mirai Nikki got an English name that could be understood. Future Diary. How hard for the Japanese is to make things clear for their English names? Its not my problem that I've grasped a wrong impression, its there for thinking a pun would work in English that makes you think "killing!"

I wasn't even talking to you and you obviously care enough to even bother giving me a reply about it.

Of course I would, because it bows down to the "gain is not generic" discussion. And the forefront thing is that gain inspired many other things in anime, including something in Future Diary.

Isn't that what other people already did? Dragonball Z influencing other anime and even leaking into games and western cartoons? They did nothing an anime company couldn't do by that time. All they did was make one anime that was liked, just like everyone else. No more, no less.

Mar 8, 2014 1:10 AM

Lord_Pooka said:

Seriously, Mirai Nikki got an English name that could be understood. Future Diary. How hard for the Japanese is to make things clear for their English names? Its not my problem that I've grasped a wrong impression, its there for thinking a pun would work in English that makes you think "killing!"

And yet, you can't seem to grasp that a Japanese show doesn't have to cater to an English-speaking audience, regardless of the title having English in it. It's not the show's problem if you feel as if a Japanese show intended for a Japanese audience should accommodate for you, especially through something as simple as the title. It's your own fault for feeling so bothered by it enough to literally judge/dismiss an entire show over it.
Modified by ronri, Mar 8, 2014 1:31 AM

Mar 8, 2014 2:57 AM

skyzblue said:
Well, might as well start something which is underrated.
Only yesterday.
Easily one of the best Ghibli movies out there today. Great direction (by Takahata), a good bunch of realistic characters and a thought provoking storyline. Shame it doesn't get the same attention as those other kiddy Ghibli movies though

Being a brilliant movie as it is, it is very strict with its intended audience, which explains its lack of popularity compared with Totoro or Spirited away, movies that adults can enjoy as well as kids. But I'd rather call it underappreciated. I have seen very few people actually hold a grudge against it.

I agree with Romario on Akage no Anne. But then again I would rather talk of it being an obscure/unknown anime. I think at least in the US standards it is well-appreciated, on those who watch it at least. Here in Spain though, it tends to be bashed. Probably because people watched it when they were kids and they remember it as boring and uneventful.

To a point as well, Strawberry Marshmallow is underrated or, if anything, heavily ignored. Among the set of slice-of-life school comedies, some of them really popular, this one stands as one of the most consistant in terms of character interaction and timing, yet it hasn't seemed to build a fanbase as strong as other ones.

As said in the previous thread, Koi Kaze is severely underrated, but that isn't surprising given the topic it deals with, which may offend the sensibilities of a lot of people. Other than that it's a really solid romance with fairly complex characters.

Barefoot Gen 2 is dismissed as an useless sequel and I honestly believe that it's better wrapped up than its predecessor, which relies too much on melodrama and shock effect. Understandable in the context, but makes the specific scenes more irregular and at points overdone. This one on the other hand has more of a slice-of-life tone, and is more solid and character-driven while still being able to handle moments of emotional emphasis very well.

And I'm not counting many short films by people like Kawamoto, Yamamura or Tezuka (Tales from a street corner for instance) which simply are out of the standard and therefore inaccessible if you don't grow a specific interest on them, but there are many gems in there that are ignored.

On the overrated side of things... Origin: Spirits of the past is a huge mess. Well-intentioned and all, but the main character is anticharismatic and makes random decisions, the narrative is poor, disjointed and reeking on deus ex, and in the artistic level the sloppy insertion of CGI bits annoys me more than it should.

Clannad and Aria the Animation are a bit overrated as well. I'm picking them together because both have the same issue of being part of a bigger franchise and in general less well respected than the later entries, but they still have a lot of appreciation. In the case of Clannad I think that my biggest issue was, shockingly enough, Tomoya. He was the main reason why I enjoyed After Story but in this first season I think he becomes a mere resource to connect various plot points together rather than a solid character. We discover multiple traits and interests from him as the series goes on, to the point he seems to embrace virtually every trait ever. On the other hand the girls are mostly heavily unexplored and the emotions work through climaxes rather than recognizable character development.

Aria the animation is very atmosphere-based, yet I don't like the presentation of this atmosphere. The insertion of comedy is awkward and more of an obstacle than anything, and many scenes with a, potentially, very striking mood ended up being spoiled due to how the feelings were explicitly stated in the discourse and dialogues of the characters.

Ghibli-wise, Howl's moving castle is probably one of the most aesthetically impressive Miyazaki works, but it's rather impossible to follow a story and a character development that doesn't remain connected from one scene to another. Its ending is as well one of the most blatantly absurd and self-parodic I've seen. The cat returns relies as well on deus ex, but my biggest issue in the end is how generic and lifeless it looks, I'm a fan of Ghibli among other things because they are able to set a mood, a style that becomes recognizable in the context of every one of their works, yet this one is completely devoid of this.

On the One Piece franchise, Film Z and Strong World are commonly regarded as the best movies, and I assume due to their incredible artwork and sense of epicness. But in terms of storytelling, they are very heavily flawed, specially on Film Z where the deus ex are very easy to spot, they don't respect the power scale of the series which has lead to many absurd discussions and assumptions, and the villains, while interesting by themselves, make absurd decisions for the sake of plot convenience and their plans and motivations are very difficult to grasp. Add to this how, specially in Film Z, the focus on being flashy just for the sake of it becomes annoying, with some of the worst fight setting I've seen in One Piece and insanely wasted fruit powers. Aesthetically I don't even find it eye-candy, but rather overloaded.

On the other hand, Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island, while having some appreciation, definitely deserves more as it's the only movie of the franchise that really goes one step further in terms of interpreting the characters and the story. Despite it's based on a vast commercial franchise, it feels very personal. The tones are purposely darker than in the series and the character interaction moved towards bringing a nightmarish feel, but in the end it still refers to the main themes of the show, just through another perspective. The character designs are stylistically simplified, at times looking sketchy, yet the animation is probably the most or among the most elastic the franchise has ever had. Some people even defend that, in terms of artwork and animation, it is the ideal manga adaptation of One Piece.

I feel that Karakuri castle's mecha giant soldier is quite underrated as well. One of the main issues with many filler arcs and movies in One Piece comes when they insert an emotional discourse that is often oddly placed and unneeded, that forces you to care about characters and ruins the mindless fun they set. This one is an exception because it avoids the emotional focus and is completely focused on fun and absurdity, being one of the lightest One Piece movies and one of the most solid in terms of their delivery as well.

Back to the overrated side of things, I think Akira is due to its disjointed plotline that leaves many questions unanswered or ineffectively answered by the end, but then again this complaint seems very common. I guess its case is more polarizing than others. Though I still like it and appreciate the incredible effort at animation, and find it really entertaining throughout, if frustrating with these story issues.

Lucky Star is a series I enjoyed, yet for some reason I tend to agree more with the negative reviews than the positive ones; the only thing that makes my case different from many of them is that instead of turning the comedy into a complete failure, the lack of a proper sense of timing makes the comedy irregular to me, like 50-60% of the jokes work and a 40-50% don't. On the other hand, the characters get bashing, and there's some I don't like, but some others (among them are the main three, luckily) work in a rather basic way, but effectively enough to keep my interest.

Another, while I still like it and tend to be forgiving of its flaws, is quite a mess. Specially on the last couple of episodes that are a whole bunch of nonsense. The atmosphere on the other hand is good enough to be effective but it's not consistant and enveloping, it actually works more sporadically, which in the end helps on making the series forgettable.

Inferno Cop is not funny.

Colorful, the movie from 2010. I commented this on the Uber-elitist club:
jal90 said:
It is sort of difficult because there are some points of this story that I really felt through; the late family conversation on Makoto's next high school was very liberating, and emotional, for something I barely got myself involved into till that point. The scenes with Saotome were a huge joy to watch. And the scene where Makoto and Hiroka end up in a tunnel impressed me in its awkwardness... but these are all individual scenes. What this movie lacks is a proper sense of whole, a psychological portrayal of its main character that feels consistant.

This movie has some very good intentions and there is nothing I openly hate about it. Well, maybe Purapura's antics but they are digestible or at least easy to ignore after a while. The problem is that the main character has reactions that I can't understand, let alone feel or share in the intended way. The way he treats his mother comes off as deliriously cruel no matter how I think of it. I end up just getting frustrated, but not due to his conflict, rather, because I can't understand where does he really come from.

This inconsistant character portrayal is tied to a conclusion that feels sprout out of nowhere, where Makoto makes random motivational discourses and suddenly knows how to deal with every situation, resulting in a fake process of development. Not to mention how sudden and oddly placed the reveal seems. I appreciate the message, which is very valuable, but the way it is told is unpolished to say the least. It is sort of frustrating that an introspective character drama like this one seems so careless in, precisely, its character development. I think I ended up understanding Makoto's mother, or Hiroka, or the brother, or even Saotome, better than Makoto.

And this on Evangelion 2.0, in the previous thread:
jal90 said:
I can handle the major changes in storyline from the original series but in the end it looks like this new turn had no real purpose. There is a much bigger focus on action sequences, to the point it's saturating, yet the movie tries to convince me that Shinji's state of mind is still the most relevant plot point in there. In the end it became disjointed, the character development very difficult to follow or even understand without the reference from the original NGE, and some additions (Mari in special) didn't seem to have a clear purpose other than bringing something fresh to the screen.

I'm not that enthusiastic with The end of Evangelion either due to my perception that the characters are exaggerated and bastardized for the sake of plot convenience, but I'd like to rewatch that one and see if this judgement still applies.

And that's enough I think. Sorry for the bore.
Modified by jal90, Mar 8, 2014 3:01 AM

Mar 8, 2014 3:01 AM

jal, come on brah. Don't copy me :/

:P

I hold a similar opinion of Colorful but you worded in a prettier way so I'm not gonna share mine e.e

Mar 8, 2014 3:02 AM

tsudecimo said:

I hold a similar opinion of Colorful but you worded in a prettier way so I'm not gonna share mine e.e

Oh my gah, we actually agree on something? :P

Mar 8, 2014 3:05 AM

jal90 said:
tsudecimo said:

The stars must be lining up. Now if you only agree with me about one piece and NHK and we can BBF.

Mar 8, 2014 3:07 AM

tsudecimo said:
jal90 said:
tsudecimo said:

The stars must be lining up. Now if you only agree with me about one piece and NHK and we can BBF.

That's impossible, my friend, but I will watch Bakemonowhatever someday.

Mar 8, 2014 3:09 AM

IntroverTurtle said:
One Piece is underrated.

Lol , not sure if serious or ...

Mar 8, 2014 3:12 AM

jal90 said:
tsudecimo said:
jal90 said:
tsudecimo said:

That's impossible, my friend, but I will watch Bakemonowhatever someday.

You are at least heading in the right direction. You will get there someday :P

Mar 8, 2014 3:22 AM

Mar 8, 2014 3:42 AM

Why is there a V2. of this same topic? The first one with 10000+ is still going strong...

Mar 8, 2014 4:32 AM

Yhuuro said:
Why is there a V2. of this same topic? The first one with 10000+ is still going strong...

reached the limit
because if you do not post it on 2 threads, you're not serious enough.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 8, 2014 4:37 AM

Gintama is overrated. It's not funny at all.

Mar 8, 2014 4:38 AM

tsudecimo said:
I

One Piece. Slow story progression, repetitive narrative and a sense of discontinuity in it due to some episodic arcs, cast full of annoying characters, one dimensional main characters, lack of character development, easily has the worst fights in any battle anime I've seen, vapid and repetitive dialogue, ugly art, exaggerated over the top expressions ruins certain scenes, horrible stale humor for the most part but when it is good, it's really good, misplace comedy in serious situations, lack of interesting and compelling villains and has the worst written character in Shounen Jump history Sanji.

Examples of the bolded please.
"Legal translators and subbers for anime/manga are like the Shichibukai, basically pirates hired by companies to keep other pirates in check."-SuperRed

SupaNiper said:

Which one?

keragamming said:
tsudecimo

"Attack on titan. Well to be short. Pacing issues, the characters are god awful especially Eren, the dialogue, lack of death for important characters, etc."

Lack of death for important character? What about naruto then????? The characters are way better than whinny bitch sakura, and gay ass naruto. Dialogue? I don't even know what the fuck you are trying to say. Anyways.....

Overrated kill la kill Jesus this anime is just terrible, felt like I was watching a cartoon. Don't even get me started with the fan service.

underrated Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom and kaze no stigma both are very good imo.

Um...KlK is a cartoon. In fact, all of them are cartoons. I hope I didn't just blow your mind.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
I conclude that this theme is in fact good!

Mar 8, 2014 4:39 AM

Toriko is underrated

the manga is truly epic and the anime would be much more popular if the anime adoptation was done right instead of censoring everything, bad animation and adding filler.

a good toriko anime adoptation would be equal to hxh 2011

Mar 8, 2014 4:42 AM

aboe said:
Toriko is underrated

the manga is truly epic and the anime would be much more popular if the anime adoptation was done right instead of censoring everything, bad animation and adding filler.

Nope. Toriko of all.. is about food. food.

There's already episode 6 of HxH, the "good adaptation", about that. And that was one of the weaker episodes.
I'm told the manga is more bloody and all, but I still can't get my head around the fact that in the end, the end goal is pretty silly.

Mar 8, 2014 4:46 AM

judals said:
aboe said:
Toriko is underrated

There's already episode 6 of HxH, the "good adaptation", about that. And that was one of the weaker episodes.
I'm told the manga is more bloody and all, but I still can't get my head around the fact that in the end, the end goal is pretty silly.

Unfortunately, I can't help but to slightly agree with that. I am currently watching Toriko, and though I find it interesting I don't really appreciate the huge focus and food and find it....what's the right word?.."bizarre" in so many situations.
It's just weird when I think of it in depth.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
I conclude that this theme is in fact good!

Mar 8, 2014 4:49 AM

judals said:
aboe said:
Toriko is underrated

and what if i say the fights in toriko manga far surpass the fights of hxh and big3?

people are realy blinded by the word "food"

"cooking fest" arc in toriko was equal to marineford.

its realy to funny that people think toriko is some kind of cooking show or something haha

the toriko anime is 4kids one piece lvl

read the toriko manga its waaay better
Modified by aboe, Mar 8, 2014 4:53 AM

Mar 8, 2014 4:54 AM

Cross Game is the only anime in my favorite list that I wouldn't call underrated.

Mar 8, 2014 4:54 AM

Pale Cocoon..
20 mins of epic awesomeness.
Don't know why its so lowly rated though..
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Mar 8, 2014 4:57 AM

aboe said:
judals said:
aboe said:
Toriko is underrated

and what if i say the fights in toriko manga far surpass the fights of hxh and big3?

"cooking fest" ar in toriko was equal to marineford.

its realy to funny that people think toriko is some kind of cooking show or something haha

I never considered the fights to be good in op to hold up things to their standards. So I'm not sure I get the MF comparison, is it the scale of battle?

HxH's fights aren't numerous to be the main element of comparison. (Although I doubt the Toriko fights would be as bizarre -more like display of power- don't get me wrong I've seen some fights in Toriko
, but like I said, the knowledge of food would still take away from the intensity for me).

If it were to really get a good adaptation, and have great fights, it might be like Bleach; A beautiful work with enjoyable action but not very solid in other aspects.

We might be blinded by the word food but you can't really blame us for it...
Modified by Grunbeld, Mar 8, 2014 5:01 AM

Mar 8, 2014 5:03 AM

judals said:
aboe said:
judals said:
aboe said:
Toriko is underrated

"cooking fest" ar in toriko was equal to marineford.

I never considered the fights to be good in op to hold up things to their standards nor are HxH's fights numerous to be the main element of comparison. (Although I doubt the Toriko fights would be as bizarre -more like display of power- don't get me wrong I've seen some fights in Toriko
, but like I said, the knowledge of food would still take away from the intensity for me).

If it were to really get a good adaptation, and have great fights, it might be like Bleach; A beautiful work but not very solid.

everyone has different opinions on things but i realy realy hope toriko will get a remake. oh did you see the toriko 2009 ova? thats how the anime should be :p

Mar 8, 2014 6:01 AM

D0FLAMINGO said:
tsudecimo said:
I

One Piece. Slow story progression, repetitive narrative and a sense of discontinuity in it due to some episodic arcs, cast full of annoying characters, one dimensional main characters, lack of character development, easily has the worst fights in any battle anime I've seen, vapid and repetitive dialogue, ugly art, exaggerated over the top expressions ruins certain scenes, horrible stale humor for the most part but when it is good, it's really good, misplace comedy in serious situations, lack of interesting and compelling villains and has the worst written character in Shounen Jump history Sanji.

Examples of the bolded please.
Funny thing is that you could change One Piece to Naruto and there wouldnt be any problem at all.
SupaNiper said:

Dropped:
Gintama 1/201

I see that you really can have an informed opinion about it..

Mar 8, 2014 6:42 AM

Tfw everything Tsunderecimo is saying about One Piece has been addressed in a previous thread.

Crocodile and Arlong alone > any villain in Naruto, though(cept maybe Orochimaru). Especially Tobito, Buggy the Clown is less of a joke than him.

EDIT; I still say Madoka Magica is overrated, not -bad- but the series is only good for a watch or two since most of the entertainment comes from plot twists and a dash of shock value. The characters weren't anything spectacular, either.

The OST, however, is pretty legit.
Modified by ViewtifulFella, Mar 8, 2014 6:51 AM

Mar 8, 2014 8:11 AM

NeoAnkara said:
Oh yeah Eyeshield 21 is underrated. You can feel the character develop while watching this unlike a certain sports anime that turn into superpower battle recently.

^ Plus, the [manga] art is godly, the games are fantastic and the characters are all likable. Plus, there's no catering to fujoshi which is amazing. Well, even if there's nothing wrong with that, I do enjoy pure bromance sports.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Mar 8, 2014 8:34 AM

Overrated:
Cowboy Bebop *dodges tons bullets and arrows* - yes.Don't get me wrong, i tought CB was great! its just that people treat it like some kind of masterpiece of all masterpieces, and its just simply not.At least in my opinion.

Madoka Magica - it was very good indeed, but personally i wouldnt give it so much praise.I heard people say its best anime of 21th century, which kinda made me giggle.Again, dont go and trash on me, this is just my opinion.I keep saying it because i feel like im about to get killed.

Underrated:
Nurarihyon no Mago - this deserves much more praise and popularity than it has.First season was really good, and second is even better.I think its much better than some shounens that are super popular these days.

Kaiji - saw many people talking about how they wont even touch it because of art.Seriously, Kaiji is one of best psychological anime i've ever seen, and art is like perfect for its atmosphere.Even tho its ranked decently, i think it deserves more praise.

Umineko no naku koro ni - some people say its overrated.IMO its the opposite.Not much to say, seeing it ranked so low hurts me.

Blood Lad - hilarious, awesome action, voice acting and animation.Yet people seem to ignore it.

SupaNiper said:
Seriously what the fk.You watched 1 episode and rated it 1/10.Watch 20-30 episodes, then drop it and tell us why is it bad or not funny.For now you look like an ordinary troll.

Mar 8, 2014 8:38 AM
iLostReason said:
Umineko no naku koro ni - some people say its overrated.IMO its the opposite.Not much to say, seeing it ranked so low hurts me.
People dislike Umineko because it was a very very bad adaptation of a very good visual novel

A good Umnieko adaptation would need about 70 episodes but studio DEEN tried to to do it in 26 (iirc)

Mar 8, 2014 8:40 AM

Who the fuck praised Umineko that much that made some people call it overrated?
And I dont think it is underrated.
Thanks to the adaptation many of the things Battler does,like DENYING THE OBVIOUS MAGIC , seem retarded and the bad animation and visual dont help either.It was so bad that the studio decided to put the girls half naked in the dvd/bd in order to sell and it still failed.

The only good thing about it were the voice actors and the memes it created.

Mar 8, 2014 8:44 AM
ssjokg said:
The opening was good too imo

Mar 8, 2014 8:46 AM

JD2411 said:
ssjokg said:
The opening was good too imo

Well yeah I was thinking of the ED so I forgot that.

Mar 8, 2014 8:46 AM

JD2411 said:
iLostReason said:
People dislike Umineko because it was a very very bad adaptation of a very good visual novel

A good Umnieko adaptation would need about 70 episodes but studio DEEN tried to to do it in 26 (iirc)
Hmmm, i see.Well, i didnt read any of Umineko novels so i guess im not the one to judge, but i absolutely loved anime.Now i kinda wish some good studio would make remake so the whole series gets the praise it deserves.

Mar 8, 2014 8:48 AM
iLostReason said:
JD2411 said:
iLostReason said:

Hmmm, i see.Well, i didnt read any of Umineko novels so i guess im not the one to judge, but i absolutely loved anime.Now i kinda wish some good studio would make remake so the whole series gets the praise it deserves.
I recommend the visual novel or manga if you liked the anime

Mar 8, 2014 8:49 AM

iLostReason said:
JD2411 said:
iLostReason said:

Very unlikely.Unlike lets say Fate/Stay night that actually had good sales even as a mediocre anime and bad adaptation, Umineko didnt have that. So unless a studio places its bets on the Sound Novel fanbase we wont see a remake or a sequel.

Mar 8, 2014 8:55 AM

-Klad- said:
IntroverTurtle said:
One Piece is underrated.

Lol , not sure if serious or ...
Super serious.

Mar 8, 2014 8:59 AM

I second Only Yesterday. Easily one of the best ghibli movies, but one of the most restrict as it's a more adult and character-driven film with a realistic and tender story. Some may find it to be a bore, but for me, it makes it unforgettable.

Actually, Takahata in general seems to be a way too underrated. I don't understand why only Miyazaki gets all the praise.

Popolocrois is also tremendously underrated. It's a lighthearted children's story that never called much attention, although it is memorable. A hidden gem.

Mar 8, 2014 9:00 AM

JD2411 said:
iLostReason said:
JD2411 said:
iLostReason said:

I recommend the visual novel or manga if you liked the anime
Yea i was planning on doing it for a while now =)

ssjokg said:
Very unlikely.Unlike lets say Fate/Stay night that actually had good sales even as a mediocre anime and bad adaptation, Umineko didnt have that. So unless a studio places its bets on the Sound Novel fanbase we wont see a remake or a sequel.
I heard it didnt sell well before, but i was still hoping some miracle would happen and they make new season or remake.I guess i was just being naive, huh.I guess all thats left for me is to start reading manga or novel.

Anyways, thanks both for replies ;)

Mar 8, 2014 9:02 AM
Forgetfulness said:
ssjokg said:
I always found it interesting how the last Fate/stay night actually made it to the top selling anime list when it was so bad :|

Were there just that many fans that had already read the VN and were going to buy whatever? lol
I always found it interesting how people think the F/SN VN was good

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (195) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »