Forum Settings
Forums
THE LEGEND OF THE STRONGEST, KUROSAWA!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2009 12:57 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
"There are numerous amounts of lollipops!"

Probably the best closing chapter I've read in a volume. XD
Aug 27, 2009 1:21 AM

May 2008
I lol'd hard when they found a bunch of lollipops in his back pack, damn pedo XD
Aug 27, 2009 3:52 AM

Jun 2008
saintcross said:
I lol'd hard when they found a bunch of lollipops in his back pack, damn pedo XD

Kurosawa isn't a pedo. >:
Aug 29, 2009 3:05 AM

Aug 2008
Man, I feel so bad for him.
Oct 1, 2009 8:28 PM

Jan 2008
Still waiting to see where this all goes.
Sep 4, 2010 1:56 PM

Nov 2008
Akagi said:

It goes nowhere. This manga is just a 40 something year old man trying to justify and give some meaning to his life even though he has nothing accomplished. Basically he's suffering from a mid life crisis and gets into a fight
Jan 23, 2011 7:48 AM
Dec 2009
arimakenshin said:
Akagi said:

It goes nowhere. This manga is just a 40 something year old man trying to justify and give some meaning to his life even though he has nothing accomplished. Basically he's suffering from a mid life crisis and gets into a fight

It was really necessary spoiler like that? Sure, you put a tag on it, but I never thinked you would be such a jerk to really spoiler the end in a topic about the chapter 8.
Feb 25, 2011 3:29 AM

Jan 2008
arimakenshin said:
Akagi said:

Okay, so I just finished the manga so I thought I'd respond to your comment.

If that's all you took from the story, then I must say the entire point of the story somehow managed to elude your grasp. You could not appreciate how admirable that ant was.
AkagiFeb 28, 2011 10:48 PM
May 12, 2011 4:23 AM
Nov 2008
Ищу переводчика для этой манги. Если есть желание помочь и донести сие творение великого Фукумото до русского человека, пишите мне в лс.
Mar 23, 2012 10:19 PM

Mar 2009
The way he held that kid looked so wrong.
Oct 23, 2012 2:31 PM
Aug 2007
Haha, yeh, the way he was grabbing his ass... why would he even go to sleep just like that, in that sort of position....
May 6, 2014 6:26 PM

Aug 2013
Damn Kurosawa, why did you have the kid on you like that? And the lollipops too, plus the knife, he was in really bad situation there, damn. Good thing he did not get arrested though, I was getting a little bit worried there.
Oct 27, 2014 6:55 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This guy cannot catch a break. Poor Kurosawa.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 5, 2016 9:01 PM

Sep 2009
From the comments I suppose this manga will never turn positive? I'm not sure if I can bare such a depressive manga :( I really want Kurosawa to succeed.
Mar 29, 2018 6:12 AM

Jan 2015
Don't get how people found this funny, I was heaps sad reading most of this.
May 11, 2018 12:47 PM

Aug 2016
Wiziliz said:
Don't get how people found this funny, I was heaps sad reading most of this.

I found out many of these acclaimed "comedy" manga and anime have situations arent funny at all but most of the time depressing, but could also be I don´t have any dark humour in me
:v
May 12, 2018 6:35 AM

Mar 2017
WTF guys. I only narrowly avoided spoilers, AGAIN, here in the forum. What's so hard about simply adding a spoiler tag if your REALLY want to talk about future chapters?

Anyway, I like the series so far but did not expect these many cringy, awkward moments. I mean that in a good way! It's well-written (even if it's a little weird), but damn, not even Watamote could prepare me for this. Like someone said in an earlier chapter discussion: I don't know whether I should laugh or cry.

I guess I'll stop reading chapter discussions from now on... why are the most spoiler-happy people attracted to Fukumoto's works in particular? Weird.
May 26, 2018 8:40 PM

Nov 2016
I couldn't help but laugh when they found the lolis and the knife. Also,the way they were lying on the bench looked too hilarious.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 29, 2018 3:03 AM

Jun 2016
He can't catch a break. he deemed Kikuchi as different than him because he has all the possibilities ahead of him. At first I thought this meant he thought he had ran out of opportunities. But, perhaps he believes he missed out on all the experiences he imagined Kikuchi going through as a kid. He did at the end exclaim he too still has a future, even if it isn't as bright as Kikuchi's.

Those 2 page spreads were really nice. I specifically loved the one where he was being surrounded!

I was really hoping this would end happier than it did. I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up in this manga. I felt so bad for him when they found the lolipops and knife. To be fair, why he went to sharpen his knife isn't clear to me yet, and I can't assume he got that many lolipops for himself so even though he got them for himself initially he may have picked up more for Kikuchi.

I also really enjoyed his final outburst when he kicked the wall. Kurosawa is an interesting character. To understand Kaiji as a character it took me a long time, I'm thinking Kurosawa may have the same amount of complex depth. Fukumoto is so good.
Aug 11, 2022 4:30 AM
Jul 2022
Its simply amazing

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa Chapter 68 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Mar 25, 2012

4 by H_Erifu »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa Chapter 60 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Aug 9, 2011

9 by burningjustice »»
Apr 14, 3:46 PM

» The official English translation is terrible! Why?!

TheMAM - Aug 4, 2023

4 by TheMAM »»
Aug 5, 2023 1:28 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa Chapter 67 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Mar 25, 2012

5 by outolunch »»
May 28, 2023 9:20 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa Chapter 49 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Mar 24, 2012

13 by Jim_Heart »»
Mar 21, 2023 5:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.