Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2014 6:18 PM

Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
How is the Solo Ship responsible for the meteors hitting the Earth and the Buff Clan planets?

Speaking of the Buff Clan, that Commander is just a disgusting slob. All he does is stuff his face and bark orders. Gross!!

Bes is such a bad ass! Down with a fever and still trying to issue commands from his sick bed.

Piper Lou seems to be a little less annoying (almost sweet) now that he's getting more attention.

Sent with Mal Updater
May 3, 2015 5:21 PM

Jun 2012
I really thought the Ide was going to take over Bes's body for a second there.

And why is Sheryl so caring for piper lou now? Its really strange.
Hannah_Ana said:
How is the Solo Ship responsible for the meteors hitting the Earth and the Buff Clan planets?
Thats what Im wondering. They clearly havent been traveling for more than 2 years or lou wouldnt still be a baby. Or maybe the meteorites are moving faster than light or it deals with space time relativity and time dilation. I dunno.
May 4, 2015 7:07 AM

Jun 2012
offmodel said:
Sol_Ou said:
Thats what Im wondering. They clearly havent been traveling for more than 2 years or lou wouldnt still be a baby. Or maybe the meteorites are moving faster than light or it deals with space time relativity and time dilation. I dunno.

The meteorites originated from Planet Solo before the ship was ever excavated, then were observed to be coming from the Solo Ship itself once it left that planet. I won't spoil anything else for you, it's easy to miss that on your first watch.

Also, I notice you're close to the end, just a heads up: Make sure you watch Be Invoked - http://myanimelist.net/anime/2761/Densetsu_Kyojin_Ideon:_Hatsudou-hen after episode 39. The series was cancelled early, and Be Invoked makes up what would have been the final episodes. A Contact is just a summary movie, it's not necessary if the show is fresh in your mind and you want the ending (still worth watching IMHO, though).
Still confused a bit xD but you said you wont spoil so Im assuming itll be explained. :) And thanks for the heads up. I was originally planning on watching contact then invoked but I liked contact a lot so I decided to watch the whole series.
Jan 12, 2016 3:22 PM

Jun 2012
So it looks like Ideon is the villain and the Solo Ship crew is helping it. I'm really curious to see the last episodes and then the movies.

I guess Evangelion took some inspiration on Ideon
Jul 25, 2017 1:13 AM

Dec 2015
What?! The meteors were literally "coming out" of the ship once they left the colony? o_O I might remember something like that from earlier, but it looked more like a bad scene than something important.
Now that they're finally the universe ennemy public number one, I wonder how they will get out of this mess.

Bess conversation with the Ide was a surprise. It reminds me of the Evas internal monologues.

4/5 Giant worms... Dune?
Dec 5, 2020 9:49 AM

Mar 2015
The whole meteor thing is a bit confusing, but my take on it is that the latent power of the Ide made meteors go on their different plants, and now that the solo ship and ideon are awake again, its even more intense to match the rise in power of the Ide.
Apr 23, 2022 9:25 PM
Sep 2017
Lot of information being dropped left & right.

Solo Ship still have ton of secret.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Densetsu Kyojin Ideon Episode 13 Discussion

Hannah_Ana - Feb 8, 2014

11 by Kuruna_Dagurasu »»
Apr 1, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Densetsu Kyojin Ideon Episode 28 Discussion

Hannah_Ana - Mar 5, 2014

7 by Alita »»
Feb 29, 11:28 AM

offmodel - Apr 21, 2015

1 by KanekiKen523 »»
Oct 15, 2023 9:26 AM

Poll: » Densetsu Kyojin Ideon Episode 33 Discussion

Hannah_Ana - Mar 6, 2014

3 by Lesturr »»
Sep 7, 2023 8:23 PM

Poll: » Densetsu Kyojin Ideon Episode 26 Discussion

Hannah_Ana - Mar 5, 2014

8 by Lesturr »»
Sep 1, 2023 5:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.