Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 6, 2014 2:59 PM

Mar 2013
I'm tired of Tada Banri's bullshit.
Mar 6, 2014 3:06 PM
Dec 2013
more the show continue, more it get thriller, I think it's nice, koko broke up with banri but, why!?,what was her reason? what will happen to banri? will he forget everything?
Mar 6, 2014 3:08 PM
Jan 2014
It's a good thing Banri has good friends like Mitsuo and 2D-kun.Who knows what kind of stuff he might have done after running off all of a sudden.I thought he kind of resolved his mental issues when his "formal self" fell of the bridge for a second time, but the last two episodes beg to differ.I wonder how the ending scene of this episode will affect his current state.I hate cliffhangers >.>
Mar 6, 2014 3:09 PM

May 2013
This was great. Lots of drama and a very interesting progression of events. I like how all the previously foreshadowed developments are really coming to the forefront now. Not sure what was going on in that last scene, but I'm inclined to say Koko was faking what she said for the sake of some plan she's cooked up to get Banri back on his feet. Still, real or not, that was a really harsh way to reject him.

I do have to complain about Golden Time's unrelenting tendency to spoon feed everything about its characters' thoughts and feelings to the audience. Toradora had a minor version of this problem, but's its really noticeable here. I've lost count of the number of long monologues where the characters tearfully and dramatically outline their emotions. The cast is well-developed, but a little more subtlety would be appreciated.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Mar 6, 2014 3:16 PM
Feb 2014
Never have I been most affected by a cliffhanger before! I think she's angry or sad that Banri didn't want to tell her what happened, even after all of their sweet talk and whatnot. I'm not sure if it was explicitly said but I can assume that they already talked about a trust factor and after hearing that Banri didn't want her to know what happened, I really can understand her for doing all of that.
5 Centimeters Per Second - Or what I'd like to call as 5 Anime Wallpapers Per Second.
Mar 6, 2014 3:26 PM

Jul 2012
At one point, Koko will watch the Oka-Camera and find out that Banri's memories return every so often...

Next Thursday when?!
Mar 6, 2014 3:29 PM
Oct 2013
I gotta admit i had hoped for BanrixLinda for a long time now, but i didn't want things to end like this between Koko and Banri. I mean WTF are you doing Koko, no explanation, no nothing. And now once again i'll wait another week, hopefully they'll clear this incident up next week, and not drag it longer than necessary.
Mar 6, 2014 3:43 PM
Sep 2012
I'm very interested in how the next episode goes considering how the ending and next episode preview have very different tones.
Mar 6, 2014 3:57 PM

Sep 2011
Aerensianic said:
You guys are forgetting that he also yelled about how he wants to stay with Koko.

Yes we saw that but I doubt that Koko, if she did actually pick up the camera, would watch all the way through Banri screaming for Linda to that part. It would be way too hurtful! However I'm not convinced that she did actually see the video as Ultrasonic would know if someone had her camera as she's particularly attached to it. I think she was really hurt that Banri ran away once again.

Still, I'm not sure why she was such a bitch when she dumped him, unless she is just really hurt and lashed out at him. Knowing her it's certainly possible. I doubt that her dumping him is some 'master plan'. As to the preview?? well I'm not sure what that tells us. After all you can't be bitter at someone who you loved for ever. She sure dealt some heavy damage to him though!!

As for the end? Well I still think the Koko x Banri end is the target, I think the Linda ship sunk with all her dishonesty. I'm really interested in what this thing is that only Linda knows. Was Linda and Banri actually dating and did Banri ask her to marry him and that was the answer he was waiting for at the bridge????
scruffykiwiMar 6, 2014 4:03 PM
Mar 6, 2014 3:59 PM

Jan 2013
http://i.imgur.com/FnMXEcE.jpg
Executive Editor of the Pop Culture Social Club located at popculturesocialclub.com
Mar 6, 2014 4:00 PM

Sep 2013
I just don't wish that they will do a filler ending. Since that episode is the end of volume 7 and volume 8 will be released in Japan on March 10. So, Where the hell did they get that preview?

My guess is that they already have the copy of volume 8. I trust JC Staff, on all the series that I've watched that was made by them, nothing ended bad.
This is a signature.
Mar 6, 2014 4:01 PM

Jul 2012
So Koko is only said what she said so she does not cause Bandi any trouble in the future, but she did in her own way that caused even more trouble. I just hope I am right.

Great episode!!!
Mar 6, 2014 4:04 PM

Aug 2011
That ending was terrible; like a bad korean drama. i hope it was a dream or just a bad koko thing that doesn't last long :(
Mar 6, 2014 4:05 PM

Sep 2011
ran614 said:
I just don't wish that they will do a filler ending. Since that episode is the end of volume 7 and volume 8 will be released in Japan on March 10. So, Where the hell did they get that preview?

My guess is that they already have the copy of volume 8. I trust JC Staff, on all the series that I've watched that was made by them, nothing ended bad.

They're doing exactly the same thing they did with Toradora. In that case the last volume came out just as the anime finished. It's a really good marketing strategy particularly as vol 8 comes out just after this episode. If i could read Japanese right now I'd be jumping on Amazon and pre-ordering the last volume!
Mar 6, 2014 4:07 PM

Jul 2013
Oh wow dat ending.
Caught me way off guard.
Just what is going on.. is it just a dream or is Koko planning something?
Liked this episode though.
Mar 6, 2014 4:10 PM
Jan 2014
Saturday, March 8 is the release date for the volume 8, 2 days to wait for the first spoilers.

I'm still in shock with this cliffhanger.
Mar 6, 2014 4:16 PM

Sep 2010
I was in shock at that ending. I'm going with the scenario that she saw the recording of him freaking out. -_-
Freaking getting tired of Banri
shaunyboi14Mar 6, 2014 4:28 PM
Mar 6, 2014 4:19 PM

Mar 2012
SO.MUCH.DRAMA.
Mar 6, 2014 4:21 PM

Jan 2011
This show is slowly losing it. Score down to 9/10. Get a grip ffs.

yukishiromei said:
I'm tired of Tada Banri's bullshit.

Exactly.
I think Linda was too. She was like "Wtf, THIS AGAIN?!?! What gives, damn it?!?"
AlexGKMar 6, 2014 4:24 PM
Mar 6, 2014 4:23 PM
Jan 2014
ever since this show started it keep reminding me of school days but with out the killing scenes at the end. i keep thnxen that barni is going to cheat on koko and yana and oka will catch him i mean ever since the showed barni and linda i believe it was catching them two people. i cnt quite remember them but yea tonight episode was wrong it had to be wrong becuase as much obessed koko is over him she wouldnt break up with him and if you think back a couple of mins she stopped him from trying to run away so like everyone said this is a scheme made by everyone
the death greeter
Mar 6, 2014 4:28 PM

Jan 2013
Split personality lol.
Mar 6, 2014 4:33 PM
Dec 2013
WTF??????????? THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY! GOODBYE!
Mar 6, 2014 4:44 PM
Jan 2011
Banri seems to be suffering from PTSD and being overdramtic.They seem to be doing a somewhat okay job of portraying PTSD. He needs therapy to deal with all that.To deal with PTSD you have to bring your traumatic memories that you brain suppressed to protect you to your conscious.Or they keep coming back in flashes whenever you encounter certain stimuli. I don't know about Japan but in US you will usually get therapy with traumatic brain injuries.
Mar 6, 2014 4:49 PM

Sep 2011
That ending just made me go "What the fuck." Seriously, what is this anime trying to do.
Mar 6, 2014 4:56 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode but the ending better have been a fucking dream!
Mar 6, 2014 5:14 PM
Dec 2013
What Koko said to Banri at the end ep, I think she did that after consult with his dad, since her family come from hospital industry that familiar with mental issues. She probably really quit from school to pursue her "new find" goal, not because Yana.

Or maybe, that just Banri's mental delusion. Time to man's up and consult with your doctor.
Mar 6, 2014 5:28 PM

Jan 2014
wow the ending hit me really hard...the last scene from the ending could be a dream possible due to the next episode preview, or it could all be true due to the fact while he was confuse after suddenly getting all his past self memories back that was filmed
and koko could have seen that...well either way i hope he gets his happy ending. .after the series ends
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Mar 6, 2014 5:28 PM
Jan 2014
SandyBoi said:
Oh wow dat ending.
Caught me way off guard.
Just what is going on.. is it just a dream or is Koko planning something?
Liked this episode though.

I know this is unrelated but YOUR AVATAR is beautiful . WHO is that ?
Maybe Koko will have to go abroad to study so she dumped Banri .
Poor Banri ! I wish this Anime will have a good ending.
Mar 6, 2014 5:29 PM
May 2013
SakurasouBusters said:
Great episode but the ending better have been a fucking dream!

why i thought it was fine
Mar 6, 2014 5:35 PM

Aug 2013
This show is random as fuck. Banri starts getting an epilepsy due to his old memories returning, which causes Kouko to bad mad. Mad enough to ditch all of her love for Banri and walk out on him? Yeah sure, as if that would actually happen.

You'd have a better chance at convincing me Obama's white than the fact that this anime's realistic.
Mar 6, 2014 5:35 PM
Jan 2012
He failed to wife her up... dat Kouko curveball haha
Mar 6, 2014 5:38 PM
Dec 2011
The anime has finally reached vol 7's ending. If you can't wait to see how it will end you can just find out
by reading the final volume of the novel that is coming out in a day or two, rather than wait 3 weeks to see it in the anime.
Mar 6, 2014 5:44 PM

May 2008
All things working out according to King Torture's plan!
Mar 6, 2014 5:50 PM

Feb 2013
thats just nuts.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2014 5:52 PM

Feb 2014
Oka likes Yana now. She is really late about it though.

Banri's really starting to go insane now, it scares me. He better tell the others, or else they'll assume the wrong thing.

That ending... that can't be real, right? Koko couldn't have gave up on Banri that easily, right? Now I have to wait a week again to find out,
((T T)).
Mar 6, 2014 6:00 PM

Sep 2013
wtf koko? -_____-
Mar 6, 2014 6:12 PM

Jan 2011
So from that ending she must of saw the tape and was cutting her ties with banri? still Godamit this night has been a ton of drama we really are the climax of the season lol.
Mar 6, 2014 6:13 PM

Jul 2013
i believe this was the creator's attempt to abolish the Koko fan base.
Mar 6, 2014 6:20 PM
Aug 2012
I haven't read the manga (and I don't on to) and I was kinda expecting Koko ditching Banri already since Koko seems to have moved way too fast from Yana to Banri. Right now, I have really mixed feelings about this show like I did from the beginning and I really cannot wait to see how this ends.

EDIT: I'm gonna call Banri's suicide. (Haven't read the manga like I said before)

EDIT EDIT:
Opinions: Chinami's cool but she's dug her grave at that celebration so no Yana X Chinami unless if they wanna go a "dis not gon make sense but the fans gon liek it so les make dem a cupple" route; Koko ermergerd I knew it was too good to be true; and I like Linda so FOCK OFF, OLD BANRI YOU SACK OF NICKELS

Anyways, I feel bad for the guy. Tis all.
TheFeilong4Mar 6, 2014 7:22 PM
Mar 6, 2014 6:37 PM

Jul 2013
To those saying "I am tired of Banri's bullshit" how exactly is severe head trauma/confusion/being afraid because you don't know what the fuck is going on with your head "bullshit". The guy has serious mental problems. In the real world anyone who suddenly gets confused and snaps back to his old mental state 2 years ago would be in the hospital under evaluation and seeing a psychologist.
Mar 6, 2014 6:41 PM
Jul 2013
koko leaving banri is justified. she told him not to run and he still ran away a second time. what else can she do?. she actually did the sane thing for once.
Mar 6, 2014 6:55 PM

Jan 2013
Finally full drama breakout.
Wonder how it will conclude.
Mar 6, 2014 6:56 PM
Apr 2012
magicalanime17 said:

Banri's really starting to go insane now, it scares me. He better tell the others, or else they'll assume the wrong thing.
That ending... that can't be real, right? Koko couldn't have gave up on Banri that easily,right? Now I have to wait a week again to find out,
((T T)).[/quote ]
yeah its real bro its not a dream, just a hint you see the video cam is still to running right, even thoug i dint read the novel im prerty sure that one of the thing that koko dump him.
Now you guys think koko did the right thing? and when she said the true purpose of her is following yana well its obviously a lie because if that what she believe why would she go to parish all of the sudden

for me koko did awfully bad decision that time(no surprise there, she still 18) that the time koko is just being a selfish brat instead of supporting banri because of there love, she dump him out of no ware and making excuses, immature of you tell me and over all clingy
for banri, well totaly at the right spot i mean he stayed at koko for all of the time and comfort her understand
even no one getting close to her because of a weird lightly yanderi attitude and i think his fight for his sickness for the both of them well in a relationship there always be one mature and one child like.
Mar 6, 2014 7:02 PM
Aug 2013
This episode literally went from sad to happy to sad to happy then THE END LIKE WTH HAPPENED.
"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone."
Mar 6, 2014 7:05 PM

Sep 2011
magicalanime17 said:

That ending... that can't be real, right? Koko couldn't have gave up on Banri that easily, right? Now I have to wait a week again to find out,
((T T)).

He did tell the others .. in a rather indirect way. He basically said to his mates that the story he told at the cult was true. He hasn't told his history with Linda but Ultrasonic probably got that there was some major linkage to them.

I am concerned about him though. He just lost one of his major supports when Koko dumped him. He will treat any association with Linda with suspicion as Linda is past Banri. It's lucky that he has his mates which are all unknown to past him as it gives him something to hold on to as something unique to the last 6 months.

I know that Koko was a real bitch the way she dumped him, but perhaps it's the sanest decision for HER ... probably not for Banri though :(
Mar 6, 2014 7:08 PM
Apr 2012
Nekevs said:
magicalanime17 said:

That ending... that can't be real, right? Koko couldn't have gave up on Banri that easily,right? Now I have to wait a week again to find out,
((T T)).[/quote ]
yeah its real bro its not a dream, just a hint you see the video cam is still to running right, even thoug i dint read the novel im prerty sure that one of the thing that koko dump him.
Now you guys think koko did the right thing? and when she said the true purpose of her is following yana well its obviously a lie because if that what she believe why would she go to parish all of the sudden

for me koko did awfully bad decision that time(no surprise there, she still 18) that the time koko is just being a selfish brat instead of supporting banri because of there love, she dump him out of no ware and making excuses, immature of you tell me and over all clingy
for banri, well totaly at the right spot i mean he stayed at koko for all of the time and comfort her understand
even no one getting close to her because of a weird lightly yanderi attitude and i think his fight for his sickness for the both of them well in a relationship there always be one mature and one child like.

if your banri would you go back with koko even if she beg and sorry after a year or month in parish(i think she gana she gana come back in season from episode 1 expected)
for me no way in hell, at first i feel like kaga x banri even if she is clingy now i see her true self oh god let the woud burn if koko and banri will go back

banri x ?(i obviously like girls with long hair so there is no one there i dint know what banri pair would be is it oka and linda or another new charaters.
Mar 6, 2014 7:32 PM

Jul 2009
LMAO... this shit is now going full retard huh.
not sure what to think about this show anymore. the whole disappearing thing is getting redundant and stupid. kaga koko suddenly dumping him is... i dont even know. can't blame her, really. this is an anime that often portrays relationships as generally warm and fuzzy but can you guys even understand how much BAGGAGE dating tada banri (let alone marrying him) would be right now? my god. dont think i can handle 'crazy' in my 20s.
Mar 6, 2014 7:39 PM

Sep 2011
I just realized that the most likely way that Kouko saw the video of Banri freaking out is from his recorded 'video message'. What looks like happened is when he asked Untrosonic to record that message he made it for Kouko. Ultrasonic then gives it to Kouko unaware that there is the extra 'freakout' at the front.

There's some pretty good reasons for Kouko to dump Banri here. Firstly there's him screaming out Linda's name but the big one for me is that he asks everyone present to lie to Kouko that he doesn't have his memories. Also it must really hurt to know that person you love is in love with someone else as well as you, and that at any moment he might want to chose someone else. Still .. bitch move though :(
Mar 6, 2014 7:40 PM

Dec 2013
Lol.. after making all the fuss about ''i will be there and stuff'' she actually striked the end blow.
anyone in banri place would have acted like that.. it would seriously freak anyone out
Mar 6, 2014 7:55 PM

Aug 2012
Can't believe people are actually buying Koko's break up. As others have said, I simply couldn't see such a(bitterly realistic) outcome happening with how much the "Koko's overwhelming love and loyalty to Banri" dead horse has been beaten. I think she trusts this Tada Banri completely, so when she heard that he'd run away even though she had helped him resolve to tell everyone as a step toward moving forward together with her, she knew that the old Banri was most likely about to take over(memories coming back). So in a sense, yes she was saving herself from getting hurt, but I also think dumping him while he's still her Tada Banri was the key to her bluff. I'm sure she trusted that putting him through that before his memories came back would serve as some sort of trigger to bring his consciousness back in a lame anime way. Kind of in the same way old Ghost Banri wanted to come back for Linda, this Banri would be brought back to the surface because he wants to fight for Koko or whatever.

So maybe the foreshadowing will be fulfilled and his memories will return, knocking completely back to where he was. That would explain him and Koko acting normally to each other, as if they were meeting for the first time. I really actually hope that's not the case though, as what respect I have left for the writing will have been lost if it is.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

889 by KomariKamikita95 »»
Apr 10, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2013

244 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.