Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 6, 2014 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, Chinami should calm down a bit..

It's obvious that she loves Mitsuro. So I guess some of that jealousy and insecurity comes with how she feels. Drama intensifies. I really like how the episode's OST matches with the conversation Chinami had with Banri.

Ah the switch came again. Damn. Oh poor Banri. Nooo, Koko.
Mar 6, 2014 11:10 AM
Feb 2014
I really don't like where this anime is going...
Mar 6, 2014 12:54 PM

Feb 2014
Sennengoroshi said:
I really don't like where this anime is going...

Like he said. I don't know what else to think now. Especially the ending of the episode it just..WHAT IS HAPPENING?
Mar 6, 2014 12:54 PM

Aug 2013
If that wasn't a dream about Koko, then she has turned into a real bitch.

I feel bad for Banri.
My Candies:
Mar 6, 2014 1:17 PM

Sep 2012
what the heck is going on she was just so sweet to him the previous night then that ????? like WTF is going on????

that cant be real .....no its not like he can just be like ..."oh well guess ill go back to linda" right ???
"Romance can strengthen people, but it can also make them useless."

Deishu Kaiki

May 2013
Damn that ending caught me off-guard. I feel so bad for Banri now. I have to wonder what Koko was thinking when she basically dumped him.
babymilo91Mar 6, 2014 3:26 PM
Mar 2013
Koko just saved herself from being hurt.

Poor Banri.
Mar 6, 2014 1:20 PM
Mar 2014
God this show really pulls on your heart strings. Im pretty shure in the end its just a horrid dream becausr koko has said many times that she would always be by his side. But they do droo devious little hint that are misleading like how miss ultrasonic said that koko replied "oh, he ran away" (or whatever she said) all nanchelant. It really sucks for banri, i hope he gets all his memories back but stays the same so it completes him and lets him live out his life with koko. Theres 3 more episodes so we shall see what happens!

Dec 2012
I'm pretty sure that last scene was a dream,if you take a look at the next preview too.
This shows is ruined too much because of this inner Banri battle thing. Only 3 episodes left for everything.. But come on,everyone knows this will be a happy end for sure.
May 2013
fezzy_2004 said:
what the heck is going on she was just so sweet to him the previous night then that ????? like WTF is going on????

that cant be real .....no its not like he can just be like ..."oh well guess ill go back to linda" right ???

I thnik she saw the video tape of him essentially calling out for linda. Remember it was still running when he had his little mental breakdown. That was kinda hard to see even If I am for Linda and Banri. But yeah that could be an explanation
Mar 6, 2014 1:27 PM

Oct 2010
I hope in the next episode there's an explanation for WTF Koko just did, but once again, the preview makes it seem as though everything is jolly. Surely after an entire season of promoting Banri and Koko's relationship, they wouldn't just break it off like that, it'd be even worse if he ends with Linda, after all the insecurities Koko went through because of her.

Oh well, hopefully Chinami confesses to Mitsuo in the last three episodes, cuz I still don't really like the idea of Mitsuo and Linda.
Mar 6, 2014 1:28 PM

Jul 2013
So.... That was a dream, Koko saw the recording of the mental breakdown or Koko is plotting something.

Judging by the preview I'm going with the third option.
Mar 6, 2014 1:30 PM
May 2013
Madara31 said:
I hope in the next episode there's an explanation for WTF Koko just did, but once again, the preview makes it seem as though everything is jolly. Surely after an entire season of promoting Banri and Koko's relationship, they wouldn't just break it off like that, it'd be even worse if he ends with Linda, after all the insecurities Koko went through because of her.

Oh well, hopefully Chinami confesses to Mitsuo in the last three episodes, cuz I still don't really like the idea of Mitsuo and Linda.

Won't say that it will happen like that but at the same time its not unprecedented in an anime like this for something like that to happen. There are a couple of example of that happening in several animes
rodacMar 6, 2014 1:43 PM
Mar 6, 2014 1:35 PM

Jul 2013
I'm hoping after this rollercoaster ride of emotions, things will work out well.

Madara31 said:

Koko probably did what she did because she's probably scared that Banri is fully going to forget again and doesn't want to get hurt. She must have accidentally came across that recording they foreshadowed throughout that whole entire freak out scene in the apartment.
Mar 6, 2014 1:36 PM
Dec 2012
I could see it not being a dream sequence, but Koko dealing with how Banri "ran away" from himself (and in Koko's mind) from her again.

It's my understanding that this is where the source material is currently at. Does anybody know when they are releasing the final volume, and if the anime will be following that or will we have an anime-only ending?
Mar 6, 2014 1:38 PM

Feb 2014
Yeah after watching the the preview of the next episode and seeing what people had to say. It makes sense that it was some sort of setup for Banri to get a hold of himself. Considering that the camera was recording his episode in his room the women must have made some sort of plan to help Banri out.
Mar 6, 2014 1:39 PM
May 2013
ExOsc2 said:
I could see it not being a dream sequence, but Koko dealing with how Banri "ran away" from himself (and in Koko's mind) from her again.

It's my understanding that this is where the source material is currently at. Does anybody know when they are releasing the final volume, and if the anime will be following that or will we have an anime-only ending?

Think the anime is ending on its own rather than the novel series. Its wouldn't make sense for this ending coming out before the novels ending
Mar 6, 2014 1:41 PM

Jan 2009
6:03 banri x koko really have matured

13:00 banri amnesia returning

14:34 nana bitch slap on banri

15:15 epic sax ost

21:24 KOKO MINDFUCK

-------------------------------------
1. Koko's really changed. I've grown to like this koko now.

2. Ughhhhh. This episode had so much juice. Jesus, it took forever to have this feeling of excitement again.

3. Seeing banri go wild like that made me go wild too. What a thrill

4. Chinami's break down & especially koko's confession were just epic. Best ep in this series.

10/10
billybob300cMar 6, 2014 2:23 PM
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Mar 6, 2014 1:45 PM

Feb 2013
Wongseifu said:
ExOsc2 said:

Think the anime is ending on its own rather than the novel series. Its wouldn't make sense for this ending coming out before the novels ending

I don't know, there's some anime that end with the source ending before the source aren't there?

Anyway, like everyone else said, either it was a dream at the end or she saw that video we all saw filming. Everything looks fine in the preview for next episode though, so I'm not too worried.
Mar 6, 2014 1:46 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
ExOsc2 said:

That's how I interpreted it too. She must feel like he doesn't trust her.

Banri needs some serious medical help. I really don't think his friends actions are doing anything one way or another for his mental stability. And I love Nana to bits, but dat Slap was totally uncalled for for a person having a legitimate breakdown; it's not just some tantrum.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 6, 2014 1:46 PM

Jul 2013
I guess that koko saw the banri have a mental break down and thats why ''the break up''

PLS PLS GIVE US A HAPPY ENDING
Mar 6, 2014 1:48 PM
May 2013
Kami_no_Kage said:
Wongseifu said:
ExOsc2 said:

I don't know, there's some anime that end with the source ending before the source aren't there?

Anyway, like everyone else said, either it was a dream at the end or she saw that video we all saw filming. Everything looks fine in the preview for next episode though, so I'm not too worried.

Well not necessarily considering we didn't see anything like that for the episode 21 preview
Mar 6, 2014 1:49 PM

May 2011
3 episodes left? So it's enough time for them to be together again I guess. But, it is also enough time for really dramatic ending (Linda). LN readers, what's now? (i don't mind spoilers)
Mar 6, 2014 1:50 PM

Jan 2011
Wongseifu said:

On the other hand it makes a lot of sense for the final volume of the LN and the final episodes to the series to coincide, and a couple of anime have managed to do that. I'm wondering when the next/last? volume of the LN is scheduled to be released?

I'm also thinking that there is only one place where they can properly end this series, based on a couple of things earlier
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 6, 2014 1:51 PM

Aug 2013
What the hell just happened O_O
Mar 6, 2014 1:51 PM

Nov 2013
ExOsc2 said:

March 8th for the Volume 8.

This episode is the end of volume 7 , so it's likely the end of the anime is the same as the LN.
Mar 6, 2014 1:58 PM

Feb 2011
LOLWAT.
Mar 6, 2014 1:58 PM

Oct 2010
ihusmal1234 said:
I'm hoping after this rollercoaster ride of emotions, things will work out well.

Madara31 said:

Koko probably did what she did because she's probably scared that Banri is fully going to forget again and doesn't want to get hurt. She must have accidentally came across that recording they foreshadowed throughout that whole entire freak out scene in the apartment.
That's what I'm assuming. But if that's the case then why did she word it that way? She made herself seem like a complete and utter bitch, even worse than she was at the beginning of the series. But once again, they seem relatively fine in the preview, but those are usually rather misleading so I dunno, I'm very confused.
Madara31Mar 6, 2014 2:01 PM
Mar 6, 2014 2:00 PM

Oct 2009
Wait, what happened. This episode fucked me up. In all Banri and his flashbacks lol.

Irl with that all two different personalities, Banri will gone to psychiatric ward ok. And now Kaga say "goodbye". If we don't saw previev for the next episode I would say "Suicidal Banri" ok.

you tellin me mangas aint japanese colouring books
Mar 6, 2014 2:02 PM

Jan 2011
Touma92 said:

This episode is the end of volume 7 , so it's likely the end of the anime is the same as the LN.
Perfect, and good marketing. That would seem to indicate that we'll get the canonical conclusion for the anime. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a big rush to pick up that volume just to find out what that conclusion will be.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 6, 2014 2:05 PM

Oct 2013
Yess...it is getting to the climax baby
Mar 6, 2014 2:06 PM

May 2013
omoshiroi, Omoshiroi, OMOSHIROI
Mar 6, 2014 2:07 PM
Mar 2014
In honesty I don't believe necessarily that koko would do this kind of thing. We know from all the episodes till now that Koko desperately chases Banri, she's afraid to lose him and in turn is afraid of being all alone. I will most likely agree with the others that this was just HIS perspective of what would've happened should he give her the ring( A bad bad Dream basically)We are hinted this with the fact that in episode 19 he was thinking about how he would not fit in with the Kaga family simply because he felt that proposing to Koko just cause of love wasn't good enough, this may be checks again his low self esteem for proposing.

In this episode not only does Koko reassure banri that with her he'll be able to do anything, just to turn around like that? Ehh....

Koko would not nonchalantly state so calmly that banri has run away again, Koko would've normally run for him and go looking for him as she did in the previous episode.

Koko has moved on from Mitsuo, literally after everything banri and her have been through I seriously doubt she only went through that to follow Mitsuo

Besides, the author practically showcased these two from episode 1, to just break them up like this is just bad writing.....

(if anyone can message me a summary for volume 8 in the next two days so I don't die from the suspense I would GLADLY appreciate that, watching this and nagi no asukara has made my poor little heart even weaker :( )
BlackUniMar 6, 2014 2:19 PM
Mar 6, 2014 2:10 PM

Jan 2009
Touma92 said:

if that's the case, then this series will surely have a bad ending. for those wanting to continue the story, u'd have to buy the LN. feels like Bokura ga Ita.

almost every anime finishes off with a cliched "happily ever after" ending. i'm tired of dat shit. i want this series to end bad. just step all over me dam it. that's what i want.
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Mar 6, 2014 2:18 PM

Oct 2012
When I watched the last scene I felt like What the hell did just happen??
Koko looked really mature until the last scene, she just runs away without explaining anything to Banri... She doesn't want to get hurt but using that easy way, saying "Goodbye".
And Banri should go to the hospital again, maybe he needs to go a psychiatric hospital for a while, two personalities and one body can't end well.
I can't wait for the next episode...
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Mar 6, 2014 2:19 PM

Jul 2013
I have to say Banri was so vague, I can it must be hard to talk about his amensia but he could've easily explained it to 2D-kun and Yana.

I reckon Koko saw the video and is going to play the bitch to make Banri man up and explain his whole story to the group, also telling people he's afraid of his memories coming back and him forgetting everything since his accident. I'm kinda routing for Banri x Linda but with Koko dumping him like that I was stunned
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." - Dr Seuss
Mar 6, 2014 2:31 PM
May 2013
rodac said:
Wongseifu said:

On the other hand it makes a lot of sense for the final volume of the LN and the final episodes to the series to coincide, and a couple of anime have managed to do that. I'm wondering when the next/last? volume of the LN is scheduled to be released?

I'm also thinking that there is only one place where they can properly end this series, based on a couple of things earlier

Well I guess I was mistaken. But I kinda think that its swingning in the direction of Linda if its off the light novels
Mar 6, 2014 2:32 PM

Aug 2013
I'm so mindfuck right now, that i even don't know what i could say
Mar 6, 2014 2:32 PM
Mar 6, 2014 2:35 PM

Jan 2014
NO.NO.NO.NO >w<
Mar 6, 2014 2:36 PM
May 2013
BlackUni said:
In honesty I don't believe necessarily that koko would do this kind of thing. We know from all the episodes till now that Koko desperately chases Banri, she's afraid to lose him and in turn is afraid of being all alone. I will most likely agree with the others that this was just HIS perspective of what would've happened should he give her the ring( A bad bad Dream basically)We are hinted this with the fact that in episode 19 he was thinking about how he would not fit in with the Kaga family simply because he felt that proposing to Koko just cause of love wasn't good enough, this may be checks again his low self esteem for proposing.

In this episode not only does Koko reassure banri that with her he'll be able to do anything, just to turn around like that? Ehh....

Koko would not nonchalantly state so calmly that banri has run away again, Koko would've normally run for him and go looking for him as she did in the previous episode.

Koko has moved on from Mitsuo, literally after everything banri and her have been through I seriously doubt she only went through that to follow Mitsuo

Besides, the author practically showcased these two from episode 1, to just break them up like this is just bad writing.....

(if anyone can message me a summary for volume 8 in the next two days so I don't die from the suspense I would GLADLY appreciate that, watching this and nagi no asukara has made my poor little heart even weaker :( )

Its not bad writing more like unexpected writing. Plus the fact that things can change especially if she saw the freak out of Banri and how he essentially just called out for Linda. That can shake a persons feelings a bit in my opinion
Mar 6, 2014 2:39 PM
Nov 2010
Wongseifu said:

Its not bad writing more like unexpected writing. Plus the fact that things can change especially if she saw the freak out of Banri and how he essentially just called out for Linda. That can shake a persons feelings a bit in my opinion

Yeah but are you guys not seeing where he's begging them not to tell koko and that he wants to live with her and etc.
Mar 6, 2014 2:40 PM

Apr 2013
Can't wait for the next episode!
Also is it just me or does banri his hair look shorter at the end?
Mar 6, 2014 2:42 PM
Dec 2013
Well, if that was a dream sequence, I applaud them for the shock value.

Now, let me proceed with my reaction towards that if it wasn't a dream sequence.

KOKO WTF!? I WAS JUST STARTING TO LIKE YOU!

Quite the episode though, Oka gave me some feels, but Banri calling out for Linda was hard to watch, in a good way. I love 2-D Kun's and Mitsou's loyalty though, their camaraderie reminds me of the relationship between Sunohara and Tomoya from Clannad. I do wish his memories were just THERE now, because it feels like if they don't advance with that now it will be rushed in the end. Oh well, can't wait for next episode. 5/5
Mar 6, 2014 2:43 PM
May 2013
MrJc said:
Wongseifu said:

Yeah but are you guys not seeing where he's begging them not to tell koko and that he wants to live with her and etc.

Yeah but thats what you get for trying to fight your past from coming back. When you deny oneself you essentially asking for something like this to happen
Mar 6, 2014 2:43 PM
May 2013
I never thought that Koko would do that. I like it.
Mar 6, 2014 2:44 PM
Dec 2013
oh wow that ending, wonder how they will end the series now.
Mar 6, 2014 2:49 PM

Jul 2013
You guys are forgetting that he also yelled about how he wants to stay with Koko.

I get the feeling that the whole Linda thing is just a red herring and its mostly just a personal war within his own mind (and that is what she is worried about). People focus on Linda but it really hasn't come up in forever. Its more about him forgetting his current self and all his memories with Koko disappearing.

I don't even know wtf that ending is though. Koko never seemed to be the type to be like that and the whole Mitsuo line she said was obviously a lie. I agree its either a dream or w/e or she has some kind of plan.

The episode preview is so confusing based on how this one ended lol.
Mar 6, 2014 2:50 PM

Jul 2013
What the hell happened at the end? Was Banri dreaming or hallucinating? Its like Kouko just did a 180. Although, maybe this is some sort of plan she has to help Banri. Chinami didn't tell her so I guess she saw the video of Banri when he lost it.

Finally Chinami has calmed down and come to terms with her feelings. Really hated her bitchy attitude. As the saying goes "you never know what you have till its gone."

Still, the best part of this episode has to be the epic headbutt by 2D-kun!
Mar 6, 2014 2:56 PM
Oct 2009
maybe Koko said that at the end is to test his level of love toward her

I don't think anyone who wants to be insecure

just my opinion though (I fast forward when I watch it so I might miss something)
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

890 by daviddark27 »»
Apr 18, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2013

244 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.