Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 6, 2014 8:53 AM

Nov 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Edited.
DroganAug 3, 2016 12:00 PM
Mar 6, 2014 9:20 AM

Oct 2011
Edited.

I am not going to comment on this episode until I see subs. Holy crap. What the heck.

What is life.
BRSxIgnitionMar 6, 2014 9:33 AM
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Mar 6, 2014 9:30 AM
Dec 2012
Nice. But Mako didn't die, it was just a dream. It was a troll, but half true.
Mar 6, 2014 9:35 AM

Nov 2011
Drogan said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
21 I DIE

HYPE !

Nobody died this episode..

But damn, that last scene of Ryuko covered in the blood is intense. And this scene too:
http://imgur.com/qW8J1RJ
Mar 6, 2014 9:36 AM

Oct 2011
Drogan said:

Well Mako died ... but only in Ryuuko's mind.
The only thing happening this episode is Ryuuko removing Junketsu ...it's already episode 21, the pacing was a little bit to slow in my opinion.

Ragyou begins taking the Original Life Fiber to Honnouji. Nui has finished whatever she was building/creating. We get ultimate teamwork on the Naked Sun.

"The only thing that happened..."

Huh.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
Mar 6, 2014 9:37 AM
Apr 2013
Haha, look at me. I'm so brave. I haven't watched the episode but here I am testing myself by not looking at any of the comments. Woohoo!

Mar 6, 2014 9:46 AM

Oct 2013
^ This guy have done what I couldn´t...WHY I'M EVEN DOING THIS!!?? D: ^
Mar 6, 2014 9:53 AM

Oct 2011
I just noticed.

Junketsu is finally kill.

I wonder if Satsuki will keep fighting as a Nudist, or instead just support Ryuuko now.

We need to see some non-incestual sisterly bonding NOW.*
*Sisterly Bonding may or may not be incestual. Hugs are required either way.
Mar 6, 2014 10:06 AM

Oct 2011
Drogan said:

Episode 18, 19, 20 were great but this one disapointed me.
I just don't get how they could have done more than this without it feeling like a rushed episode. They did enough, and it matched the pacing of the last few episodes.

We'll likely see a Nui death next episode, coupled with the sisters reconciling before the final battle, which will take place in the last two episodes.
Mar 6, 2014 10:41 AM
Feb 2014
Xaltmas said:
Junketsu is gone and Nui is boned. I think plenty happened.

Next episode we'll probably see Nui removed

Nah, dude. Next episode starts immediately with, "Oh, you broke free of the brainwashing! Well, I expected that anyway! Come follow me back to Honnouji so we can play more tricks on you, Ryuuko, I killed your daddy! Nyah nyah, baibaiiiii!"
Mar 6, 2014 11:00 AM

Oct 2008
OH GOD THIS SHOW GOT ME GOOD I LITERALLY SCREAMED "WHAT?!" WHEN MAKO GOT CUT WTF

9000/10

Also Nui got 0wned. Best thing ever!
Mar 6, 2014 11:01 AM

Aug 2008
Best episode so far (no, i didn't say every new episode from 18th...). Satsuki showed us all of Senketsu transformations, amazing teamwork of 4 Devas and that scene in church... I almost started to cry when Ryuuko slashed Mako and Sensketsu!
Mar 6, 2014 11:02 AM
Feb 2014
Xaltmas said:
grub said:
Nah, dude. Next episode starts immediately with, "Oh, you broke free of the brainwashing! Well, I expected that anyway! Come follow me back to Honnouji so we can play more tricks on you, Ryuuko, I killed your daddy! Nyah nyah, baibaiiiii!"

I dunno. I mean, Ryuko literally nailed her ass to a wall. I don't think even Nudist Beach is inept enough to let her slip away after that.

Even if she doesn't get killed off, she'll definitely have her half of the scissor taken away, which in the end is the important thing.

Nui will probably just turn into threads or some crap and fly away into the wind.
Mar 6, 2014 11:09 AM

Sep 2013
I am too afraid to read this thread before watching the latest episode. Could a kind soul please PM me when the subs get released?
Mar 6, 2014 11:19 AM

Jul 2010
I don't understand Japanese but I predicted what's going on. I guess the only big event was Ryuuko's return to Nudist Beach, thanks to Mako.
I saw a yuri kiss but don't know why Ryuuko kissed Nui.
21 1 DIE happened but only in Ryuuko's mind. I was shocked to see Mako's fake death.
Mar 6, 2014 11:19 AM

Apr 2013
the episode itself was awesome.

but when you think about what was set up at the end of the last episode this was a huge disappointment

everything i was hoping to not happen happend.

satsuki was nothing more than a punching bag wearing senketsu and mako got ryuko to snap out AGAIN.

even nui survived this episode.

trigger why you do this.... first time the series really disappointed me despite this being an awesome episode

remaining episodes are going to be super ryuko since no one of the other characters will even remotely stand a chance against life fiber ragyo.

the chance of satsuki and ryuko fighting ragyo seems to be gone now.
xSanoxMar 6, 2014 11:23 AM
Mar 6, 2014 11:53 AM

Jan 2011
Damn you lazy subbers, I'm going to watch the raw version.
See you all after hell breaks loose.

It did break loose, although this episode let me down apart from those freaky first minutes, Mako being "killed" and the way they portrayed Ryuuko's huge blood loss. As someone said before
Drogan said:

That's not enouth, they're only 3 episodes left and nothing new happend in this episode. We already knew Raguou and Nui were building something since episode 19, and Ryuuko is just back to the starting point. If it was episode 11 or something like that it would be ok, but this far in the serie I expected more.

Episode 18, 19, 20 were great but this one disapointed me.

I second that. And Ryuuko taking off Junketsu was unavoidable. Satsuki, what took you so long to use that new blade?
Honestly, I don't like the pace at all. I was so excited about this episode and right now I couldn't care less about the next. And I do hope there will be no season 2.
fataverdeMar 6, 2014 12:35 PM
The world is the illusion of the real world.
Mar 6, 2014 11:59 AM
Mar 2012
fataverde said:
Damn you lazy subbers, I'm going to watch the raw version.
See you all after hell breaks loose.

Use Daisuki instead and use google translate also. It's better.
Mar 6, 2014 12:00 PM

Feb 2013
This episode was pretty intense, it was awesome and disappointing at the same time.
I still really love this show and I'm sure I will love it until the end but now we can all see the ending: Ryuuko kills Nui, Ryuuko gets the other half of the Scissor Blade, Ryuuko kills Ragyo, Ryuuko saves the world, Happy End. Maybe Satsuki-sama dies during the final fight giving Ryuuko new power or something like that.

Mar 6, 2014 12:03 PM

Jun 2013
xSanox said:
the episode itself was awesome.

but when you think about what was set up at the end of the last episode this was a huge disappointment

everything i was hoping to not happen happend.

satsuki was nothing more than a punching bag wearing senketsu and mako got ryuko to snap out AGAIN.

even nui survived this episode.

trigger why you do this.... first time the series really disappointed me despite this being an awesome episode

remaining episodes are going to be super ryuko since no one of the other characters will even remotely stand a chance against life fiber ragyo.

the chance of satsuki and ryuko fighting ragyo seems to be gone now.

I agree. The show itself is reaching a climax so it's very exciting and amazing overall, but everything is pretty predictable... Like we all knew Ryuko was gonna come back to her senses, but I was expecting something else to do that for her besides Mako.

Maybe Mako being the voice of reason and Senketsu being the protective parent (hence why Ryuko is often defiant against it) are recurring themes, but idk.
Mar 6, 2014 12:05 PM

Feb 2014
I'm so agitated right now.. As a stand alone episode it was good with one HUGE problem(take a guess) but it was anti climatic due to the setup from the last chapter

I'm not mad at Satsuki getting beat.. She held her own but eventually got overpowered. In fine with that. What IM not okay with is this shows biggest flaw.. Which is Mako. She is literally taking the greatness from this series and is fucking it up.. She just HAD to butt in like an idiot doing her retarded "Hallelujah" speeches not once but twice.. And we were finally getting a bit more development between Ryuko/Satsuki but Mako just halted it and messed it up.. We only have a few more episodes so that will make the relationship between the sisters feel rushed and forced unless Trigger makes a second season(which I doubt)

I don't hate the anime.. Quite the contrary I've given it an 8 and its very engaging and fun.. But Mako is holding this anime's potential back

And like someone said I don't even know about the sisters teaming up at this point

3/5.. Good episode but Mako ruined it(as usual)
Mar 6, 2014 12:16 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The sheer friggin intensity of this episode is literally breathtaking. 24 minutes felt like 5. Holy crap. I loved seeing Satsuki using her brains and martial talent to compensate for Ryuko's mindblowing power. Ans seein Nui finally get a bit of what she deserved was glorious.

Having said that, I agree with those that say having Mako doing the saving was perhaps an unfortunate choice. I would have liked some kind of "sister bonding" through blood and iron thing, but I suppose Mako appeals to Triggers sense of humor too much.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 6, 2014 12:17 PM

Oct 2008
TheGrandSage23 said:

I don't hate the anime.. Quite the contrary I've given it an 8 and its very engaging and fun.. But Mako is holding this anime's potential back

I think it's not Mako herself but rather the way Mako is written and used as a character. Episode 7 seemed like such a progression in her character just to see it go back to usual in the next episode. It's so much wasted potential. She could've been a great character.
Mar 6, 2014 12:18 PM
Apr 2013
How have you guys watched this? Says it's delayed on crunchyroll (man, they need to sort that out. It's becoming a thing with this show).

EDIT: Ah, never mind. By watching raws, daisuki and so on.

ollythirteenMar 6, 2014 12:25 PM

Mar 6, 2014 12:24 PM

Apr 2013
So I browsed through the raw version of the episode and all I got to say is.

Mako. Why. Why you gotta ruin a sister bonding moment with your montage once again.
Powerful eyebrows.
Mar 6, 2014 12:26 PM

Dec 2009
Personally, I feel that if they had tried to appeal to Ryuko via Satsuki it would've been a bit forced. Just because their true familial relationship has been brought to light doesn't necessarily mean they'll be cozying up to each other right away. Ryuko has consistently been shown to have a soft spot for Mako, (that's one of her endearing characteristics in my opinion) and so, of all those there, it seems only logical that Mako would be instrumental in helping Ryuko find her way. It should be noted that Mako was only able to do so with Satsuki's explicit help.
Mar 6, 2014 12:28 PM

Aug 2009
That opening scene O______O this is so wrong....

I literally felt like yelling at my screen every time something wild happen, that's a lot of times this episode. Great team work, one character after another jumps in, even Mako's family. Nui is still annoying, but she just wont die. Satsuki actually kept up with her when only wearing nudist beach gear.
Mar 6, 2014 12:28 PM

Apr 2013
Megabyte117 said:
Personally, I feel that if they had tried to appeal to Ryuko via Satsuki it would've been a bit forced. Just because their true familial relationship has been brought to light doesn't necessarily mean they'll be cozying up to each other right away. Ryuko has consistently been shown to have a soft spot for Mako, (that's one of her endearing characteristics in my opinion) and so, of all those there, it seems only logical that Mako would be instrumental in helping Ryuko find her way. It should be noted that Mako was only able to do so with Satsuki's explicit help.

You may be right. Maybe I won't feel this way when the subs come out and I'll be able to actually understand what was going on in this episode.
Powerful eyebrows.
Mar 6, 2014 12:31 PM

Feb 2014
YurikoRaine said:
TheGrandSage23 said:

I think it's not Mako herself but rather the way Mako is written and used as a character. Episode 7 seemed like such a progression in her character just to see it go back to usual in the next episode. It's so much wasted potential. She could've been a great character.

Her progression backtracks to much.. Ryuko's progression backtracked when she became evil but due to what was going on in her life she was the perfect pawn for Ragyo to control so that's not a bad thing.. In Mako's case it's getting out of hand.. It's like I just got done watching Usopp turn into a coward again and now Mako turns annoying again and apparently she's the only one who can talk sense into Ryuko. Forget her real best friend and her sister.. It's Mako Mako Mako
Mar 6, 2014 12:36 PM
Apr 2011
TheGrandSage23 said:
YurikoRaine said:
TheGrandSage23 said:

Her progression backtracks to much.. Ryuko's progression backtracked when she became evil but due to what was going on in her life she was the perfect pawn for Ragyo to control so that's not a bad thing.. In Mako's case it's getting out of hand.. It's like I just got done watching Usopp turn into a coward again and now Mako turns annoying again and apparently she's the only one who can talk sense into Ryuko. Forget her real best friend and her sister.. It's Mako Mako Mako

If you go back to the episode before Ryuuko went crazy at the Naturals Election, there's a sequence where Ryuuko sees Mako in the crowd, and tells Senketsu that Mako's the only one that can calm her down.

Having Satsuki be the one to snap Ryuuko back would feel way too forced in my opinion, considering the past 21 episodes (even when they found out they were sisters), Ryuuko's been gunning for her.
Mar 6, 2014 12:39 PM

Feb 2014
Megabyte117 said:

I don't expect them to be cuddly I expected a hard battle with fists and words between blood.Those two have a lot to chat about. And I was able to get that before mako slid down that ramp.. There was nothing forced they have an interesting relationship that's been subtle shown since the first episode and the expectations from the setup of episode 20 was more than enough to say basically "Mako should be nowhere near this" I'd argue she made a bigger impact than Senketsu and that leaves a bad taste in my mouth since I take their bond more seriously than Mako.. It was anti-climatic IMO
Mar 6, 2014 1:03 PM

Mar 2013
Stark700 said:

But damn, that last scene of Ryuko covered in the blood is intense. And this scene too:
http://imgur.com/qW8J1RJ

My heart stopped at this moment. During the whole episode I was worried about Mako.

P.S. : The opening scene was wrong on so many levels :D
TanmaMar 6, 2014 1:11 PM
Mar 6, 2014 1:22 PM

Mar 2012
I honestly wanted to see Mako transform with Senketsu
Mar 6, 2014 1:34 PM

Aug 2013
The first part was...weird. Also, die Nui, DIE! (yeah, I hate her)
Mar 6, 2014 1:38 PM
Feb 2014
TheGrandSage23 said:
Megabyte117 said:

I don't expect them to be cuddly I expected a hard battle with fists and words between blood.Those two have a lot to chat about. And I was able to get that before mako slid down that ramp.. There was nothing forced they have an interesting relationship that's been subtle shown since the first episode and the expectations from the setup of episode 20 was more than enough to say basically "Mako should be nowhere near this" I'd argue she made a bigger impact than Senketsu and that leaves a bad taste in my mouth since I take their bond more seriously than Mako.. It was anti-climatic IMO

I honestly thought Mako was going to get the hell beat out of her, even if she didn't get killed. I thought she was out of her depth at that point. She's inspirational, but it's a bigger fight than the earlier one between Berserker Ryuuko and Junketsu Satsuki. I wanted to at least see that even Mako's choices had consequences.

As it turns out, they don't. She's literally the counter-Nui. Basically a super energetic bubble character who can do whatever they want and get away with anything. Nui and Mako should just fight each other in an eternal stalemate and leave the drama to the rest of the characters. Because it is sort of frustrating. I mean, the execution was good, but the structure is a frickin' mess... when did her powers ever not work? That one time when Ryuuko was running away in her cape and wouldn't listen, right? But that was ONLY BECAUSE the show needed Ryuuko to become evil for an episode. Otherwise Mako would've solved that right away.

Come on... show us she's vulnerable...
grubMar 6, 2014 1:42 PM
Mar 6, 2014 2:41 PM

Feb 2014
steviePOPO said:
TheGrandSage23 said:
YurikoRaine said:
TheGrandSage23 said:

If you go back to the episode before Ryuuko went crazy at the Naturals Election, there's a sequence where Ryuuko sees Mako in the crowd, and tells Senketsu that Mako's the only one that can calm her down.

Having Satsuki be the one to snap Ryuuko back would feel way too forced in my opinion, considering the past 21 episodes (even when they found out they were sisters), Ryuuko's been gunning for her.

What show have you been watching? The last time Ryuko gunned for her was Episode 15.. From 16-19 it was all Ragyo and Nui when she teamed up with Nudist Beach
Mar 6, 2014 2:45 PM

Sep 2013
god damn... that naked intro
Mar 6, 2014 3:04 PM
Dec 2013
Shit hit the fan when Ryuko killed Mako in her mind, literally it send shivers down my spine... Satsuki with her split Bakuzan + Nudist Beach uniform is still BA!
"If i were to be the protagonist of a story, it would be a tragedy"
Mar 6, 2014 3:10 PM
Nov 2013
Am i the only who found it hilarious the whole start of Ryuko's memory in this episode?
Mar 6, 2014 3:45 PM

Sep 2012
And so the death flag was both fulfilled and averted at the same time.

EDIT: Damn Underwater was fast this time around.
PortalityMar 6, 2014 3:55 PM
So long as you yourself enjoy it, what does the thoughts of others matter to you?
Mar 6, 2014 3:57 PM

Dec 2009
TheGrandSage23 said:

And there was? In Ryuko's current state (before the end of the episode), I can't say she has much to say to Satsuki, it was all physical there. Their relationship is fairly straightforward, I personally don't see anything subtle about it. Satsuki antagonized Ryuko, and Ryuko wanted to (physically) confront Satsuki based on her initial belief that Satsuki was responsible for her father's death, then later for her authoritarian methods.

I don't know if Senketsu should have had an effect in this case, since Ryuko had been struggling with the revelation that she was not entirely human. Mako has always been a source of positivity and friendship for Ryuko. Again, what she did, however, was not possible without the effort of Satsuki and Senketsu. Mako would've been killed if not for Satsuki/Senketsu. I would argue that the previous time where Mako calmed Ryuko when she was berserk was anti-climatic. but not now. Not when she was so close to death two times. Again, just my opinion.
Mar 6, 2014 4:34 PM

Aug 2013
God, that fucking anime. It's so brutal.

Mako save the day again. I really thought she had died for a moment. Not sure where that blood came from when she cutted her in her ''dream''.

Now, we have a giant rocket spaceship made of living thread about to conquer the universe! That's pretty cool :P

Don't fuck with Ryuuko when she's mad, she will not hold back. That blood fountain at the end was so crazy.

Seriously, Satsuki plan are always clever, but they also always fail xD

Yuri really is the tendance this seasoon, it's out of control.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 6, 2014 4:37 PM

Oct 2012
Well Mako wasen't kill this episode that's good, and that whole fight scene was intense as fuck. Junketsu RIP in peace.
Mar 6, 2014 4:39 PM
May 2013
Man this episode was just epic from start to finish. Got to admire senketsu for saving mako.

Dem feels in that church scene, I was crying but at times laughing at the same time.

Can't wait for next week's episode.
Mar 6, 2014 4:43 PM
Nov 2013
I still don't know why THE FUX Ryuko kissed Nui...on the lips. Also, Underwater subs saved the day with their super fast translations again! Hurrah!

Damn this episode says A LOT...That Genesis of the Cocoon Planet is happening, and y'all remember that Episode where it says on Mako's Glasses "S1 1 D1E"? Well...it was foreshadowed all the way to this episode...and she "pretentiously" dies which actually makes Ryuko get back to her senses now! And she cares about Senketsu more than anything!

Wow, great job Mako, and oh my that was a GREAT EPISODE! Lots of tables and turns, but man they pulled it off so nicely.
der4Mar 6, 2014 5:07 PM
Mar 6, 2014 4:46 PM

Jan 2013
But somebody did die in today's episode. Ryuko's "fake husband" died due to blunt force trauma to the head caused by a door knob. The culprit is still at large.
Mar 6, 2014 4:46 PM

Sep 2013
Waaah, Ryuuko and Nui kissing. Love it...

Mako did destroy some great drama. *sigh*

Satsuki in Nudist Beach uniform is still so good...
Mar 6, 2014 4:51 PM

Feb 2012
Damn my man Tsumugu from Nudist Beach is getting shitted on, get out of that damn robot man.
Mar 6, 2014 4:55 PM

Jul 2010
TheGrandSage23 said:

And like someone said I don't even know about the sisters teaming up at this point

3/5.. Good episode but Mako ruined it(as usual)

Agreed 100%
Mar 6, 2014 4:55 PM

May 2012
No one died, but still a great episode. Hopefully next episode Ryuuko kills Nui and get the other half of the scissor blade. I like Nui and everything, but I really want to see those scissor blades connect already.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
Yesterday, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
Yesterday, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

392 by Nopillows25 »»
Yesterday, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

878 by Nopillows25 »»
Yesterday, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

955 by NullZweiChan »»
Apr 14, 10:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.