Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 6, 2014 8:44 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oo, more of a peaceful episode this week. I think Samurai Flamenco works this way much better. Masayoshi and Maya almost looked like they are on a date this episode.

Still gotta protect this world~

The idols getting along together again is nice sight to see imo.
Mar 6, 2014 8:54 AM

May 2009
Well shit. Gotou is mental.
Mar 6, 2014 10:58 AM

Nov 2007
O SNAP

what can i say
Mar 6, 2014 11:04 AM

Apr 2010
Gotou's mental and that littke kid from EP1 is some crazy shit.

Oooh flamenco...
Mar 6, 2014 11:11 AM

Sep 2008
Oh, my... poor Gotou-san...
I can't believe...

Now I remembered somebody on this forum predicted it!
And this scene from first OP with sad Gotou-san with bouquet of roses...
Mar 6, 2014 11:13 AM

Jul 2012
Wow, what a change of pace xD
I like it pretty much, but still, I want a more elaborated answer about those things that happened in episode 18.
I trust this Director, and I want him to give a more logical sense for all that already, we are almost at episode 22! The ending is coming (I bet a lot of people is now thinking "Thank God" and shit, but still, I want so bad this show to have an awesome ending that is not random bullshit lol)
But yeah, I guess they are going to relate some things to what happened at episode 7 B.G.(Before Gorilhotine)
3.5/5 (for this episode only).
Mar 6, 2014 11:20 AM

Feb 2013
asides from the President of the World nonsense and the short check-ins with the Flamengers, you can pretty much chop out all the craziness of Guillotine Gorilla to the meeting with God (for now).
Mar 6, 2014 11:21 AM

May 2013
That was a shocker. Poor Gotou. We have a new villain? Can't wait for the next episode.
Mar 6, 2014 11:27 AM

Aug 2010
Really?! Out of all the twists they could have used for Goto's gf they had to choose this one were Goto has mental psycho issues <_<
Shit! The only thing I was looking forward to this series was a let down T_T

Well I'll finish it anyway...3 more eps and as usual another 'Shit got real" at the end XD It's become so normal these days lol...The kid from the first eps has gone psycho too XD

Maaaaiika -.-
Mar 6, 2014 11:30 AM

Feb 2013
in case anyone forgot, the speech Sawada gave at the end was the same one Masayoshi said when confronted the middle-school delinquents at the beginning of the series
Mar 6, 2014 11:32 AM

Dec 2012
SAMURAI FLAMENCO IS NUMBER ONE ANIME
Mar 6, 2014 11:42 AM
Sep 2012
While I understand that his mom wants Goto to be happy, I don't think him sending himself thousands of messages from his missing girlfriend is going to help that. If anything I see it having the opposite effect.
Mar 6, 2014 11:49 AM

Apr 2013
Mar 6, 2014 11:53 AM

Aug 2012
President of the world? Oh and poor Goto.

Anyway, I thought that kid might be important way back near the middle, when he showed up in that Flamengers episode.
Mar 6, 2014 11:57 AM
May 2009
Ha! I knew it, I knew it when we didn't even get to see a glimpse of the girlfriend until now...but poor guy

And anyone here was expecting a horror twist? The way he lost his girlfriend, doesn't it seem like one of those urban legend/horror story?
Mar 6, 2014 12:30 PM
Apr 2013
Wow Goto is insane
I have no recollection of this kid at the end ><
Mar 6, 2014 12:30 PM
Mar 2013
http://i.imgur.com/LBH4nqM.png
I find myself laughing like a retard every episode of samurai flamenco. Anyone else?
Mar 6, 2014 12:31 PM

Oct 2009
The biggest question of all has finally been answered. It would be hilarious if Goto's girlfriend is still alive and she is on the side of the final evil threat.
Mar 6, 2014 12:42 PM

Aug 2013
Finally we got to see something new about Goto's girlfriend.

Aaand the next villains are... child terrorists?
Mar 6, 2014 12:49 PM

Dec 2011
I hope this doesn't turn out to be another alien.. I like the more realistic route and think the show works better this way
Mar 6, 2014 12:59 PM

Aug 2012
ponygon123 said:
Wow Goto is insane
I have no recollection of this kid at the end ><

was with that group of kids that were beating Masayoshi up in 1st ep. (also showed up in store in episode 12) Then he gave them that epic speech. Hence what the kid was repeating when he ran into him at the end
Mar 6, 2014 1:00 PM

Jul 2010
So his girlfriend is dead huh..or atleast vanished. And I hope they don't use the crazy person Mari to help with Goto's problems...
Mar 6, 2014 1:13 PM
Mar 2013
So the pairing, Mari X Goto and Hazama X his manager ?

I want this mystery to solve before the series end.

Hazama's parent, who kill them?
I don't think they died because random thug murdered them.

Where is Goto' girlfriend disappear? that incident was like spirited away.
Is some aliens kidnap her?

3 episodes left, I hope something epic.
Mar 6, 2014 1:17 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Well the biggest mistery has been answered. Poor Goto. I have to say that Mari and Hazama are very poor friends intruding on Goto's personal life like that, no matter what his mental health issues are. That was poor form on their behalf, specially Hazama who is his friend. At least Mari has the excuse that she's in love with him.

Whoever knew that Flamengo Pink would be such a little ojou-sama in her pretty kimono?

I remember someone in this forum predicting that that kid at the end was going to be important. Good catch whoever you were.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 6, 2014 1:23 PM

Aug 2011
Ohhhhh I called it. I think I've read something similar to this cellphone deal so this was one of my theories. Oh Goto. Hopefully Masayoshi can help him out. And they brought back that minor character in one of the earlier episodes! A pretty good episode I'd say.

Marzan said:
Well the biggest mistery has been answered. Poor Goto. I have to say that Mari and Hazama are very poor friends intruding on Goto's personal life like that, no matter what his mental health issues are. That was poor form on their behalf, specially Hazama who is his friend. At least Mari has the excuse that she's in love with him.

Well Masayoshi himself was really happy for Goto I don't think he had any intention to stalk him; that was Mari dragging him into it, and he was worried that she'd do something to ruin their date. Unlike Mari, he didn't go charging into the scene, though. I hope he manages to help Goto, though.
Mar 6, 2014 1:29 PM

Oct 2011
Gotou is the final boss I KNEW IT !!!!!!!!!! T________T WHY!!!!!
Mar 6, 2014 1:30 PM

Feb 2014
Poor Goto.

Oh well, we knew the deal with his girlfriend couldn't end well. The way the hints had been piling up she couldn't just appear and be a normal person.

Did not expect the kid from episode 1 (or was it 2?) to show up again. Curious to see where this goes.
Mar 6, 2014 1:30 PM
Aug 2011
We already had people guessing that he had no girlfriend and that was e-mailing himself for months now.

So i'm not surprised (a downside of browsing ep discussion forums) but I do feel bad and I pity Goto since he's my fav character in this show and the only reason why i'm still watching.

Oh look that Sawada kid.

This is going to be all like Goto's girlfriend was kidnapped by some sort of ~evil~ organization - I can't say From Beyond anymore right? - and now Sawada is working with them because his sense of justice went all bonkers.

AnimeFan500 said:
Gotou is the final boss I KNEW IT !!!!!!!!!! T________T WHY!!!!!

What?

Mari X Goto on the horizon.
Oh dear.
standMar 6, 2014 1:34 PM
Mar 6, 2014 1:51 PM

Oct 2013
3 to go and we have another villain, who is showed on the 1st ep. also...And the fact that Goto is crazy
Mar 6, 2014 1:54 PM

Aug 2012
One thing. Is it just me or the visual quality is getting worse and worse? I remmember the first episodes having pretty good visuals, but now i can't seem to have the same opinion.
Mar 6, 2014 2:34 PM
Aug 2011
Thechaser said:
One thing. Is it just me or the visual quality is getting worse and worse? I remmember the first episodes having pretty good visuals, but now i can't seem to have the same opinion.

No it isn't just you, the art is quite poor. It's had bad dips but this one was derpy all around.
There was times here where I thought that the characters weren't even looking like themselves.
The girls in particular looked younger or something.
Mar 6, 2014 2:53 PM

Jan 2011
So Gotou has been doing this for four or five years? (considering that his girlfriend disappeared in high school, and he's been on the police force for some time) And no-one had done anything to pull him out of his delusional relationship? Well in some ways it isn't surprising since before Hazama and Mari appeared on the scene, it looks like he didn't have any close personal relationships.

Well if Mari is the first person to try and take action to snap him out of it, more power to her! I also liked the way she is keeping this to herself and not trying to talk it out with her friends--even though she's hurting inside. And if Mari, or something else, can break through to Gotou and bring him back to the point where he can have a real relationship, I'm perfectly happy if it is with her.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 6, 2014 2:59 PM

Feb 2014
At first glance people would laugh but obviously Gotou needs help.. What happened to him is very sad indeed but someone should've found out about this.. It's been years since her disappearance .. In the long run letting him keeping him doing that to himself is a bad idea.. Even though they went about this the wrong way I'm glad Mari and Hazama got to the bottom of it. They both care about him and mean no ill will so its good
Mar 6, 2014 3:08 PM

Dec 2011
The biggest mystery of this show, which everyone is looking forward to... is finally solved and shown. Kinda disappointed that his girlfriend is missing since. It is really sad to see Goto like that.

And, we got a kid as a villain now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2014 3:52 PM

Feb 2012
Holy shit, poor Goto, he's been doing that for such a long time, and still acts normal all the time, goes to work and stuff.

And lol that really is the kid from the beginning of the show, he's on some evil jealousy shit.
Mar 6, 2014 3:56 PM

Dec 2012
Good game Mari, she just couldn't compete with Goto's right hand and his imagination.

Wonder what that boy from episode 1 has been up to this whole time, he definitely seemed the most affected by Hazama's speech at the time.
Mar 6, 2014 4:02 PM

Mar 2012
Why did this have to be the only predictable thing in the anime :(
Mar 6, 2014 4:04 PM

Mar 2012
Awh... I was thinking that Samurai Flamenco would have some romance in the end, and then another motherfucker appears... There's anything left for Masayoshi! It's time for Goto's romance... Samurai Flamenco would turn from Good to Awesome if it had romance ._.

(Romance sucker spotted, isn't it? :c)
Mar 6, 2014 4:09 PM

Sep 2011
Yeah people, the mistery of who is Goto's girlfriend is solved.
Aaand I think the biggest mistery of all is the disappearences! I think most of people forgot about this, but Masayoshi's parents also disappeared (episode 8).
I want an answer!!
Mar 6, 2014 4:45 PM

Dec 2008
Cookies to all of you that called it on Goto's girlfriend from the very beginning!!

I guess Mari's jealous because Goto's in love with a phantom and not her. She had a lot of nerve telling Goto that what he was doing was wrong. What he's doing hasn't gotten anybody kidnapped or their crotch stomped. She needs to just mind her own business.

I feel really sad for Goto, though. However, I'm right there with his mother. Whatever it takes to get him through it and back to living again, so be it. At least he's not hurting anyone.

Isn't it a little late in the game to be introducing another villain? Or, did this one show up because everybody is bored now that things are peaceful again?
Mar 6, 2014 5:06 PM

Jan 2014
Looks like we shall be seeing the return of Samumenco.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Mar 6, 2014 5:34 PM
Oct 2012
bigzzcobzz said:
Awh... I was thinking that Samurai Flamenco would have some romance in the end, and then another motherfucker appears... There's anything left for Masayoshi! It's time for Goto's romance... Samurai Flamenco would turn from Good to Awesome if it had romance ._.

(Romance sucker spotted, isn't it? :c)

No. It's already awesome, and romance just makes things sappy and unneeded. Diamond x Sapphire is the only thing we actually need in this show, and it's perfect because it's background and not on the forefront.

And what's with everyone and Flamenco x Manager? This episode legit ruined that in saying that he thinks of her as more of an older sister than anything else. I'm hoping for her and the reporter. Seems a lot more fluid.

Goto, if anyone, is much more Masayoshi's type if anything, and I'm only going for that because we have Diamond x Sapphire as canon, why not give us another gay couple? Would make for a much more interesting story than, once again, boy gets girl (especially in this case because there was no build up towards it).

This episode was good, but I can see where people are talking about art quality on the downturn. Seems more choppy than at the beginning of the series.

It was good to see that kid again, even if as an insane villain. It's good to see kid villains every once in awhile, as long as they don't get redemption-ed near the end. They have to get what's coming to them, otherwise the show goes the safe route, and that can get very stale very fast.

Can't wait for next weeks episode!
Mar 6, 2014 5:41 PM

Jul 2011
So two mysteries answered in one episode. Both were plot twists. Surprise surprise. (Not really)

Even with Goto's reveal, still not supporting Goto x Mari. Goto's happy, so leave him alone. He's been like that since the beginning anyways, I don't feel like anything has changed, even though I know his situation now. I'm now interested in what happened to his GF. (I knew the GF reveal was too good to be true. T^T)

The kid coming back as evil made me kind of sad though. Was hoping for another Flamenco... but that would be too typical, wouldn't it?

Hazama's parents and Goto's GF will play a bigger role in the last 3 episodes, pretty sure. They haven't left loose ends like that go, so they're do a plot twist. I smell it.

And, no romance please... unnecessary.
MirorinMar 6, 2014 5:48 PM
Mar 6, 2014 6:03 PM

Jul 2012
Holy shit. I'm quite shocked, with both twists. O_O The dead GF...Well, I kind of guessed something weird like that was going on but not to the extent where he was emailing himself. The second twist... Was that the kid from the first few episodes? Wow, okay. Idk what's going on, but okay.

This show does not disappoint.

I've said this already in other Thursday shows, but next Thursday when?!
Mar 6, 2014 6:13 PM

Feb 2013
I was right. Gotou's gf was gone. T^T

Watch she turns out to be an enemy... I hope they actually show what happened to her before the anime ends.
Mar 6, 2014 6:58 PM

Mar 2012
The fact that most everyone predicted correctly on Goto's gf made the reveal kind of disappointing but I still feel bad for Goto.

Next plot twist:
Mar 6, 2014 7:09 PM
Feb 2014
sephatu said:
this ep.. lol
just wait for the plot twist that goto's actually single all along

F**king called it!

Well at least for this episode. I bet she'll be revealed around the last episode for another shamalan twist.
Mar 6, 2014 7:14 PM
Dec 2008
No twists, no life.
Mar 6, 2014 7:29 PM

Jun 2012
Well that was. . interesting. Anyway, already a new villain, here we go again =/

Mar 6, 2014 8:14 PM

Aug 2013
rodac said:
Well if Mari is the first person to try and take action to snap him out of it, more power to her! I also liked the way she is keeping this to herself and not trying to talk it out with her friends--even though she's hurting inside. And if Mari, or something else, can break through to Gotou and bring him back to the point where he can have a real relationship, I'm perfectly happy if it is with her.

My thoughts exactly. How many years has it been since he started doing it? Five or so years? Nobody ever told him what he's doing is wrong and is only hurting himself which makes you wonder if he had any friends. I bet Mari's the first ever to tell him off since he started deceiving himself. She didn't tell him off because she's jealous. She did it because she saw the sorry state he's in.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» This has to be one of the most misunderstood anime of all time, right?

lordgaara - Jun 16, 2023

7 by lordgaara »»
Jan 20, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

181 by lordgaara »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:15 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

299 by lordgaara »»
May 25, 2023 12:12 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

105 by lordgaara »»
May 24, 2023 11:14 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2014

174 by Attackonfiller »»
Nov 15, 2022 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.