Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 7, 2015 1:47 AM

Apr 2010
chrisbj said:
People should stop reading series they think are terrible, and boring. What's the point in wasting time no matter how little on something one doesn't enjoy and feels it is a chore....

Some people might do that but I don't. I'm not going to spend hours upon hours reading several hundred chapters of a series and then not read how it ends.
Nov 8, 2015 3:46 AM

Feb 2015
Praland said:
JonasTheJay said:
If you guys hate random battles against fodder enemies that take forever you should never read JoJo... lol

I actually think Bleach handles the monster of the week thing better than JJBA.

I just have read the first 2 parts of that and most of them have a purpouse, it's get worse in part 3 onwards then?

Yes, it does. Escpecially part 3 and 5 are just a huge collection of random battles.
Jan 12, 2016 11:08 AM
Mar 2008
bleach started being shit after the soul society arc
Jan 16, 2016 7:46 AM
Feb 2015
meraviglioso said:
It was always terrible, I like it that way so I can appreciate good shounens.

please do tell me the "good" shounens you're talking about.
Feb 18, 2016 11:16 AM

Apr 2010
In a couple weeks time this thread will be 2 years old. My OP still applies, even now were still getting filler battles between secondary shinigami characters fighting against Quincy's that are there to lose to said shinagami.
Feb 18, 2016 1:00 PM
Jul 2018
How did this series get so bad? The Soul Society and Espada arcs were pretty damn good but this whole war arc has been shit.
Feb 18, 2016 1:19 PM

Sep 2013
People just can't appreciate slower and more atmospheric series these days, everything has to be fast paced and depended on main characters.

If a series can't survive without it's main characters for a while, that's bad, that's why op and db have to constantly show luffy and goku or it'll go down the drain.
Feb 18, 2016 1:21 PM

Jul 2013
I'm liking it. Still better than OP and Naruto imo.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Feb 18, 2016 1:39 PM

Aug 2011
I've read the first comment and I kinda understand where all it comes from.
Then I saw it's date...
My god, two years ago :D
Now I understand even more where all the hate comes from :D
Feb 18, 2016 1:44 PM

Jun 2013
Weird seeing this thread again lmao, and I should respond to a message here, but it's not worth it.
ichii_1 said:
People just can't appreciate slower and more atmospheric series these days, everything has to be fast paced and depended on main characters.

If a series can't survive without it's main characters for a while, that's bad, that's why op and db have to constantly show luffy and goku or it'll go down the drain.

I don't think not having the MC around is the problem (to me at least it isn't), the pacing stuff... yea people do get impatient nowadays that's true, but you can't deny there are stuff that could be shorten down (like certains fights for examples).
Feb 18, 2016 2:14 PM
Jan 2016
The main problem with Bleach after the Soul Society arc more has to do with the fact that Tite Kubo has made it an insanely painful habit of trying to focus on way too many characters. I'd say Bleach lost its touch for good pretty much right after Ichigo defeated Grimmjow and we went into such an uninteresting sluggish pace which slowly revealed the rest of the Espada besides Ulquorria as just kind of..bland. This is not even going into how specific characters are treated like Orihime who totally deserved her own power up and real fight.

Bleach was really awesome because back in the day it felt so unique and interesting. Now? So many other anime have done the same amount of beginning quality and actually lived up to its hype.

Have you ever noticed how when HunterXHunter had a similar "war arc" of sorts it only used a specific amount of characters to be involved? That was because it would have been an absolute mess to put dozens of characters with their own one on one fights. That story would of lasted even more decades had the author used a Tite Kubo format.
SummerMamboFeb 18, 2016 2:19 PM
Feb 19, 2016 8:41 AM

Apr 2010
ichii_1 said:

No that's not it in the slightest, Bleach isn't moving at a slower pace its moving at a snails pace.

In the past 2 and a half years hardly anything has happened, it's just been non stop repetitive fights, one after another after another after another.

The series not having a main character for a while is ok but Ichigo doesn't do squat anymore, he's barely shown up.

Like someone above said the series focuses too much on too many supporting characters. They should have spent maybe 2 chapters per Quincy and not had as many Quincy.

The last 2 and a half years of material could have easily have been trimmed down to under a single year without losing anything.
Feb 19, 2016 8:12 PM
Nov 2015
A solid 5- a weak 6/10 series, not bad but not good either, better than series like fairy tail, reborn, and toriko, about equal with series like Naruto and taizai, but pales in comparison to series like one piece and hunter X hunter, and not in the same stratosphere as FMA and Gintama.

First it was naruto, Wonder what series people will start bitching about every week once Bleach ends, Toriko has a little hate train starting up, and FT has been getting massive hate since early 2012, it'll probably be one of those two
Feb 19, 2016 9:19 PM
Nov 2015
I'm only reading to see how Aizen pulls the wool over everyone's eyes. So far everything seems to have it's own side-story and it's hard to stay invested until the story finally comes full circle.

Just my own opinion.
Feb 19, 2016 9:42 PM
Feb 2016
I ended up dropping as of recently actually. Hard to believe that I liked the series.

Feb 19, 2016 11:50 PM

Jul 2010
I want to drop it, but (someone else said something to this effect) I invested hundreds of chapters into this series and have been reading it for 9 years straight. I don't want to have to drop it after all this time and commitment.

I'm just going to read it less often. It's so slow-paced, it won't seem so bad that way. I need to know how it all ends, but I wish I KNEW exactly when it was going to end. That way, I'd just stop reading it and only pick up where I left off when that last chapter came out.

What if Aizen shows up in the next couple of weeks? What if Grimmy comes back in a couple of months? This is why I can't just up and quit it. I wish I could enjoy it the way I used to. It was so exciting every week, once upon a time. (For me, that was 9 years ago, when I started reading it.) Back then, I couldn't even wait an entire week for a new chapter! But, that feels like some crazy dream I had, or like it was someone else's life. So sad..... T-T
Feb 20, 2016 12:31 AM

Jan 2016
Bleach has always been shit. Kubo is one of the worst mangakas out there.
The only decent arc was SS.
Feb 21, 2016 7:58 AM

Jun 2014
All hail Lord kubo
Feb 21, 2016 5:05 PM

Nov 2009
Tsu-kki said:
Bleach has always been shit. Kubo is one of the worst mangakas out there.
The only decent arc was SS.

THIS
Kubo can't make decent story. He's boooooring and lacking logic
Feb 21, 2016 9:38 PM
Jul 2018
he has been using the same formula recently so it is getting stale
Feb 21, 2016 9:41 PM

May 2015
wasnt this shit always terrible?
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Feb 21, 2016 10:10 PM

Aug 2014
It was great in the beginning, okay during hueco mundo, average during Espadas, nice during Aizen & shit during the final arc. Idk why Kubo feels like letting a million irrelevant characters get some development when he could have easlily only give a few of them development, ended it earlier, and still make it great.
Feb 21, 2016 10:13 PM

Dec 2012
I was a big fan way back when it was good lol, too bad it never really ended.
It should've been the first one out of the big 3 to bite the bullet.
Feb 26, 2016 1:04 AM

Jun 2011
A lot of people here said that Bleach is moving at a snail/slow pace, but to me, Bleach has been moving really fast in the sense that it did not slow down to properly characterize and give relevancy to the quincy fodders, enough for us to actually care about what's going down. 60% or more of the time, the characters were either shit talking "You think you beat me with that? Try again, I have a second form", or explaining how their powers work verbally. (Edit: If I have to say, that's not really a pacing issue, just writing issue)

The series also tries really hard to sound smart, like, take the recent chapter for example (Lightning God 4?), Urahara's explanation could simply be "Yoruichi can alter her reiatsu 48 times a sec, it's like mood swing", but instead we get an extra explanation about flu and all that. Kubo's trying to introduce a new power system to the Bleach universe this late in the game, I can't think of it as anything but overdoing it. (asspull, perfect counter for perfect opponent)

The action has not been exciting at all. Remember when Ichigo went bankai the first time? That there was actual sword clash? Remember when second squad commander's (don't remember her name, the one who fancy Yoruichi) shikai was deadly? (One hit one kill) If she was shown in this arc, I bet her shikai wouldn't work, because perfect logic "I have the power to counter your power". Dodging and playing it smart against all odds is not a thing in Bleach.

People who say that Bleach works without Ichigo are just lying to themselves. We're all waiting for Ichigo's return, if that's the only thing keeping us reading.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 26, 2016 3:41 AM

Apr 2013
blackhitler said:
meraviglioso said:
It was always terrible, I like it that way so I can appreciate good shounens.

One Piece blows all shounen and most other manga away tbh

Mod Edit: Resized text so it's not ginormous.
ShockedMar 3, 2016 8:03 AM
Feb 28, 2016 10:39 PM
Feb 2015
jazmine said:
blackhitler said:

One Piece blows all shounen and most other manga away tbh

one piece the anime is a piece of shit but the manga is pretty good. do you like bleach?

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
ShockedMar 3, 2016 8:04 AM
Mar 3, 2016 5:21 AM

Sep 2011
Do we really need to stoop to shitposting about which mango is tastier? If you don't enjoy reading Bleach anymore stop reading it and don't come to Bleach forums to troll people that still enjoy it.
Mar 8, 2016 12:57 AM

Dec 2008
zaj said:
bleach started being shit after the soul society arc

Agree, should have just stopped after this.
Mar 24, 2016 5:06 AM

Jun 2009
I wonder why people complaining about bleach now. For me current arc is still way better then battle of Karakura.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.