Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Mobile Police Patlabor: Early Days Episode 1 Discussion

Mar 2, 2014 11:26 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good episode! I enjoyed this first episode one very much.
I'm not familiar with Oshii humor, but this was a nice introduction to it.

Jul 4, 2014 11:43 AM

Good episode to start things off. Hiromi, Gotoh, and Sakaki are really interesting characters in my opinion. Noah displayed her tomboy habits, and Asuma is pretty funny character.

I REMEMBER TOUCH. PICTURES CAME WITH TOUCH. A PAINTER IN MY MIND.

Nov 4, 2014 12:00 AM

I thought I had fucked up the watching order when I finished the 47-ep TV series first but man do I feel glad that I finished that first. Now that I know everyone's personalities, it feels absolutely refreshing to see them all again from the start, and this time, with Oshii Mamoru directing.

Jul 8, 2015 9:13 PM

Pretty good start, I liked Gotou for his real laid back, not really caring style. The others are alright too. I like the premise and how, well, slow the episode was. Not bad.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Mar 28, 2016 3:27 PM
Is this the very first Patlabor show/movie I should watch? I want to see it in the best order possible. A little confused with this series vs. the longer tv series.

Jul 17, 2016 10:23 PM
Compared to Oshii's other films I've seen this is a lot more lighthearted. Really enjoyed this first ep.

Jul 24, 2017 12:33 AM

Was going to start with the TV series, but I read it would be a better idea to start with the OVA, then the three movies. Anyway, okay first episode. Nothing really stuck out and for some reason I thought it felt rushed.

Loved the animation and the characters, so looking forward to episode 2.

Aug 6, 2017 4:41 AM
pretty laid back start. I like how normal this cast is. Not in a boring sense, but noone is to over the top.

Feb 8, 2018 11:17 AM

I liked how they paced it. They didn't just start out with guns blazing action. They let us get to know the characters first. They even had the one guy complaining about how he wants to hurry up and shoot his guns, but they deliberately held back the action to build some anticipation for the fighting that eventually occurred.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 11, 2018 8:32 AM

Gotou favorite character for now: "Do you want the new Labors?" turn and watch her in the eyes "You can't have them".
Great troll.
Planetes said:
Living alone and dying alone... alone... How could anyone be satisfied with that? It's stupid... Space is too big to face all alone.

Jan 4, 3:02 PM

Pretty good start, especially the comedy is right up my alley.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.