Forum Settings
Forums

Do your parents ever ask about/make fun of your anime?

Pages (39) « First ... « 37 38 [39]
Post New Reply
Jan 5, 2017 3:52 AM

My mom looked into it when she found out I was into it, and asked me something about she read with true anime fans licking their screens, to which I didn't know how to respond

Jan 5, 2017 3:54 AM

My parents have always been neutral on it, they just view it as another one of my hobbies - which it is. I don't watch anime in front of them, but I don't hide the fact I like it either. Then again, even if my parents disliked it, I'm a 22 year old man, so I wouldn't really care anyway. My life not theirs.
Talk shit to me and so help me fucking god, I'll come over there and do absolutely nothing.

Jan 5, 2017 3:55 AM

My mom always starts making fun of the language going "Ching chong Ching chong" LOL the cringe......

Jan 5, 2017 4:10 AM
My mom says that I am wasting my time. But my dad is indifferent and I think he does not even know what I watch. But sometimes I stay up late just to watch anime, and he says "Close that cartoon and go sleep"
I think as long as my grades are good, they don't care about what I do in my spare times.

Jan 5, 2017 4:26 AM

Yes..
Things that my mom always say when seeing me watching anime
1. "That *my name*, she always watching that thiiing"
2. "*My name* hobby is watching cartoons"
3. "What is that? Woah.. a bird?" (At the scene where luffy use gomu gomu no rocket or simply any character flying or at mid air)
4. "She never get bored at those kind of cartoons"

At least i'm fine with mom.. but not my older sister.. she tried to force me stop watching anime a few times. -_-

I seriously need to stop watching idol anime... The fact that I can't afford to buy their CDs yet keep making my heart broken..
(つд⊂)

Jan 5, 2017 6:21 AM

I do not think they know what exactly anime is so obviously the answer is never. They cannot make fun of a concept/thing that nonexistent to them.

Jan 5, 2017 7:42 AM
I have a bigger brother that also watch animes but he is always watch the same ones... My parents usually get mad at him because they think that it is "childish" and also because he have not finished his homework...

My parents are OK with me because at least I have finished my school works and also because they think that the ones that I watch are better than those that my brother watch...

Jan 5, 2017 9:12 AM
Mutated Elitist

My father is very neutral about it, though he does have a passing interest in 90's era anime films like Perfect Blue, Akira, and GITS.

My mother raised me on Dragonball and DBZ, and she was an avid fan of the series as it was coming stateside. She is quite supportive of it, and I've also been able to introduce her to shows like Evangelion (her current favorite), Code Geass, and Madoka.

My sister consumes Japanese media almost as ravenously as I do, and often refer series back and forth. She's also introduced my mother to other series.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova

Jan 5, 2017 9:56 AM

My mom once called FMA: Brotherhood "nonsense", called Fairy Tail a kids show when I saw Lucy in a kimono, as well as saying that I'm not watching normal shows (which refers to anime) when she saw me watching Blue Exorcist.
"Stop pitying yourself. Pity yourself, and life will become an endless nightmare."

Jan 5, 2017 12:13 PM

They have never asked nor really cared.

Jan 12, 2017 7:06 PM
My parents don't really care about me watching anime, and I never cared to explain.

But somehow they believe things like League of Legends and Monogatari series is Naruto.

And ofc they say things like "Why are you still watching Naruto?"
i5-6500 / H110A Mobo / 16GB DDR4 2133Mhz / GTX 1070 / Dual screen

Finally I can set one boob on each screen as wallpaper

Pages (39) « First ... « 37 38 [39]