Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aug 22, 2009 1:41 PM

So, is this ova true to the original RPG, "Shin Megami Tensei" or not? I am only a few hours into Shin Megami Tensei I and it doesn't look like what the synopsis implies. Or is this a spinoff of the game itself?

The only "Shin Megami Tensei" anime but based on the scores, this doesn't look worth my time. On the contrary, this is the only anime to the huge series.
Modified by Kira01, Nov 9, 2009 10:52 PM

Nov 8, 2014 1:36 AM

I don't think this is based off of a specific SMT game. not too sure but Atlus should make an anime off of SMT Nocture or IV
( ゚∀゚)o Favorite: Clannad, Aria, Higurashi, Monster, Idol Anime ✌('ω'✌ )三✌('ω')✌三( ✌'ω')✌
( ゚∀゚)ノ【LOVE】Sonoda Umi & Kisaragi Chihaya .+:。(*≧∇≦*)゚.+:。大好き!!
My old username was superlink1205
”リア充なんてそもそも都市伝説”〜白

Dec 6, 2017 10:06 AM

Truly an anime to behold from the 90s. Persona2 and its followups were utter garbage and a shameless disgrace to the franchise in its entirety. I can't fathom why this remarkable yet compact story receives soo much hate and backslash? Are people simply homophobic or cannot appreciate gems like this? A real shame really how today's generation are blinded by so called masterpieces while outright ignoring true treasures.

Nov 13, 2018 1:06 PM

UNIC said:
Truly an anime to behold from the 90s. Persona2 and its followups were utter garbage and a shameless disgrace to the franchise in its entirety. I can't fathom why this remarkable yet compact story receives soo much hate and backslash? Are people simply homophobic or cannot appreciate gems like this? A real shame really how today's generation are blinded by so called masterpieces while outright ignoring true treasures.

Idk if you were being sarcastic, but if you were not, then I 10000% agree.Such an extremely low rating on this one has been bewildering me for years. I really love it.

Apr 14, 7:35 AM

Kira01 said:
So, is this ova true to the original RPG, "Shin Megami Tensei" or not? I am only a few hours into Shin Megami Tensei I and it doesn't look like what the synopsis implies. Or is this a spinoff of the game itself?

The only "Shin Megami Tensei" anime but based on the scores, this doesn't look worth my time. On the contrary, this is the only anime to the huge series.

There is actually an ova from about 7 years prior that was also about the digi devil franchise. And it was based on the manga, and the game(s) I believe were based on that very first ova.

Apr 14, 7:35 AM

I saw it as one full continues ova, not two episodes. Still, ti was good, even slightly on par with the original ova that came a few years before prior. Way more nudity and sexual themes though, so the rating has to be higher than the previous ova. Still, about the exact same concept, just expanded upon a bit. Teansnlation was abit off as they meant to say "kobold" for the dog creatures, not cobalt. lol Yet it just didnt hold up well enough, so I will only give it a 5.5/10 missing a few chakras on the main character too, when he "powered up"...*smfh * BUt at least this was a little enjoyable.