Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 4, 2014 5:34 PM

Apr 2010
Daikoku crying at the end was hilarious.
Mar 4, 2014 8:27 PM

Aug 2011
Good episode. I still hate Yukine. That voice... I hate Kaji Yuki!D:
Mar 5, 2014 12:08 AM
Nov 2013
ollythirteen said:
SatanicBeaver said:
Cheesy and extremely melodramatic, a step down in enjoyment for me. I still don't like Yukine, at all.

Okay first of all cool name. Nothing says "powerful" more than a cooch that worships Satan.

Oh, you meant the animal...

Secondly, couldn't have said it any better.

Actually, I meant a cooch. Just to clarify.
Mar 5, 2014 2:03 AM

May 2010
I cried throughout this episode like how yukine was at the end of the episode.
Great episode, I'm so happy that Mayu came to help it shows she still cares for yato.
Yato was blushing when Hiyori hugged him, maybe his feelings for Hiyori have bin awakened?!
Also I hope that experience makes yukine appreciate yato more, though I still like the arguments between them :3
Also Nora and that guy(forgot his name) are up to something!!! I CAN'T WAIT FPR THE NECT EPISODE!!!!
Mar 5, 2014 2:27 AM

May 2009
I was excited until Yukine confessed, this is not how I wanted things to pan out. But its my fault for changing my mind and thinking Yukine was going to be killed off. I hate all 3 main characters now. It would have been far more interesting had they killed him, less predictable, less shouneny and another chance to bring in a new regalia or even use use an existing character. Still I can see why they didn't kill the boy. I mean there's only 4 episodes left and tying in a new character properly and moving the story forward would've been difficult. Another reason is to develop the existing ones further, Yato becoming nicer (and more lame), Yukine less of annoying and of course getting Hiyori back to her normal self. Objectively this has been a good anime but personally I'm disappointed.
Mar 5, 2014 11:11 PM

Jan 2014
Stahp it tears, don't come out. T_T
This episode was very emotional. Can't wait for the next episode.
Mar 6, 2014 1:41 AM

Oct 2009
So much screaming! But yet such a beautiful episode, so many feels ;_;
Didn't think I would like Yukine after all this, but somehow this really made me petty him and his confession was great so ;)
That hug though ♥ Yato starting to have feelings for Hiyori? Oh yesss~
Mar 6, 2014 1:52 AM

Apr 2012
So awesome T_T
Mar 6, 2014 2:47 AM

Apr 2013
Really jealous of all these people able to cry with this. Maybe it's me, because I became a robot after watching all these shows and movies, but I felt nothing :/. Good episodes yes, intense at the end but that's it. The last time I felt like crying must've been Grave of the Fireflies, which is officially the saddest thing EVER
Mar 6, 2014 4:30 AM

May 2010
Damn that was some intense ritual

I hope that "BRAT" will fix his attitude for good because I find it REALLY annoying
Mar 6, 2014 4:51 AM
Jul 2013
Spectacular episode.
Mar 6, 2014 8:45 AM

Mar 2014
Loved this episode. I absolutely love Hiyori.

Can't wait to see more and see what Nora is doing!
Mar 6, 2014 9:33 AM

Apr 2013
I love this episode.No hate for the characters, though. I mean, teens are arguably act and think that way, aren't they? I'm a teen myself and at times I don't know what I want and I just want to shout the 'fuck you' line on people faces.
It's only natural for Yukine to be the spoiled kid. Imagine being a creature that lives in the grey zone- you're not a human- nor a powerful god, you're just a tool for the powerful ones to beat the shit. Saying that Yukine must die and all concretely show how forgetful yall are of yourself. We're just like him, egoistic in many ways and want to be understand, but why won't we understand the reason behind his annoying acts?
Yeah I know I'm not good with this moral value act or whatever you name it but I'm pretty much happy with the Yato blushing, I believe Yato and Hiyori will make a fantastic couple in a shounen way.. tehee~
Tatakai~
Mar 6, 2014 9:40 AM

Apr 2013
Sh4de said:
Really jealous of all these people able to cry with this. Maybe it's me, because I became a robot after watching all these shows and movies, but I felt nothing :/. Good episodes yes, intense at the end but that's it. The last time I felt like crying must've been Grave of the Fireflies, which is officially the saddest thing EVER

worry not. this episode is meant to make us moved of the story and the characters' relationship therefore i don't think we need to cry and all, but honestly there was this warm feelings hugging me when I reach the trio hugging scenes.. and when Daikoku snob, heh, that was awesome bro
Tatakai~
Mar 6, 2014 10:27 AM

Jun 2012
Alright, now who the hell is cutting onions?
Mar 6, 2014 10:39 AM

Dec 2013
Yukine clearly worst girl in anime history
Beta never gives up
Never hide, Never be discouraged
Never accept friendzone
Mar 6, 2014 11:39 AM

Aug 2010
Great episode.. finally Yukine realizes how much of a brat he has been. I liked the scene where Yato realized how much of a difference Hiyori has made.

My eyes were dry and throat was sore after this episode.. 5/5
Mar 6, 2014 11:58 AM
Aug 2013
FlawlessBliss said:

Yukine is a guy.
Mar 6, 2014 12:43 PM

Aug 2013
The_Unknow said:
FlawlessBliss said:

Yukine is a guy.

he is? really?
cant buy that,he acts like those weak helpless 8 year old girls
i dont think i've hated a character this much since....uh dont even know wat to compare with ANYWAY u get the point
Mar 6, 2014 4:19 PM

Jun 2013
Wow. What a fantastic episode.
Mar 6, 2014 8:41 PM

Oct 2010
Welcome to the 9th episode of "How to Raise a Brat". This time, we have thanking someone for solving a problem they indirectly caused, owing people a great debt, and Much Tearz.

あれ?これはドラマじゃなくて、アニメだって?ははははバカいうな。
Mar 6, 2014 10:17 PM
Jul 2018

Ohmy. That was a good episode! Glad that Yukine's problem was solved.
Mar 6, 2014 10:34 PM

May 2011
It's funny seeing " I wish Yukine would have died" comments from people who were probably just as obnoxious and bratty as Yukine was at age 14
Mar 6, 2014 11:18 PM

Sep 2008
Another great episode. Only 3 episodes left to conclude everything and the next one looks like a filler. Not good.
Mar 7, 2014 3:10 AM

Jun 2013
Shit was intense man....
All the feels in this ep made me cry like a baby

I'm starting to like Kazuma ;-)
And aww, Yato blushed when Hiyori hugged both him and Yukine

The song that Nora was singing kinda creeped me out
New character, Rabo
Mar 7, 2014 12:25 PM
Jul 2018
What a very intense episode. Glad that it's ending with a happy end though. ;____; Dem feels.
Nora's singing was so cute btw~ and lol at Daikoku sobbing ww
Mar 7, 2014 7:25 PM

May 2011
Very touching moment at the end, and the OST made it even more so :)

Yukine has been irritating at times, but I'm glad that everything turned out well. I guess sometimes something horrible has to happen for someone to truly repent and make a change. Yato and Hiyori are both great, I hope Yukine appreciates both of them going forward. If I was in Yato's shoes, I probably would have snapped and gotten rid of him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2014 5:00 AM

Jan 2014
Whoa I'm surprised people cried watching this episode. While I agree that this episode is simply amazing, I don't feel much impact that makes me cry. Probably because I skipped the OP and didn't wear my earphone....

But still, the best part from this episode is seeing Daikoku cried lololol
Mar 8, 2014 5:37 AM

Nov 2013
Freestyle80 said:
The_Unknow said:
FlawlessBliss said:

Yukine is a guy.

he is? really?
cant buy that,he acts like those weak helpless 8 year old girls
i dont think i've hated a character this much since....uh dont even know wat to compare with ANYWAY u get the point

I really don't like when being called female is considered an insult. Have some tact :/
Mar 8, 2014 10:01 AM

Feb 2013
Wow, really beautiful episode ! It was touching. Yukine apologized and they're both saved with Yato ! + Hiyori have her friends again ! =) They're all so happy now, yokatta. ^.^

Mar 8, 2014 5:44 PM

Feb 2011
Loads of cheesiness, still pretty enjoyable tho.

Also yay for Takahiro Sakurai.
Mar 8, 2014 8:53 PM

Jul 2013
"I Have Seen Cities Destroyed In Half An Episode I Have Seen Entire Races Been Wiped Out In 4 Seconds But It Took An Entire Fucking 9 Episodes To Straighten Out One Fucking Kid" - this is the top comment on the website where I watch anime... and I feel the same thing.. dammit
Mar 9, 2014 3:48 AM

Jan 2011
This episode was so emotional and it was really intense. Geez, Yukine turning into a Phantom was crazy! They needed 3 Regalia to pretty much restrain Yukine. Thank goodness Yato was able to call Yukine and make him come back to his senses. I got teary-eyed during the last few scenes, my goodness. Best episode by far, seriously! Hiyori hugging Yato and Yukine at the end was cute. :D After the ED, Nora and Rabo. Whoa, they seem like real trouble.
5/5
Mar 9, 2014 9:47 AM

Feb 2014
So I assume it all falls in "I want everyone to smile and look for the future so let's be friends right Yukine?" kind of shonen homo homo stuff again.

I bet the mangaka is either a homo or a girl, I think it's the former.
Mar 9, 2014 12:43 PM

Jun 2012
afnakfanfn said:
So I assume it all falls in "I want everyone to smile and look for the future so let's be friends right Yukine?" kind of shonen homo homo stuff again.

I bet the mangaka is either a homo or a girl, I think it's the former.

Adachi Toka is a duo of two girls x)
Mar 9, 2014 7:10 PM
Nov 2013
PrimeX said:
"I Have Seen Cities Destroyed In Half An Episode I Have Seen Entire Races Been Wiped Out In 4 Seconds But It Took An Entire Fucking 9 Episodes To Straighten Out One Fucking Kid" - this is the top comment on the website where I watch anime... and I feel the same thing.. dammit
So much this.
Mar 9, 2014 7:17 PM

Jan 2012
Not gonna lie, I cried.
Such a great episode omfg.
Mar 9, 2014 10:47 PM
Mar 2009
Between the feels and my burning hatred for Yukine, this was a fantastic episode. One particular reason is that this whole arc with Yukine's actions and Yato's blight is finally over. Thank-fucking-god. Although I would not have minded seeing Yukine getting slain by Kazuma or Daikoku. Hell, if Nora showed up, even better because then we would have gotten to see her powers.

Totally surprised Mayu lent her assistance. I guess she's the loyal type?

I wonder if the show will finally move back to the original plot of getting Hiyori returned to normal. Though I guess we still have to see the animal original guy appear in full soon.
Mar 10, 2014 10:20 AM

Oct 2013
This episode was intense

I really liked this...I hope now yukine won't do the same mistakes as before

Hiyori is awesome btw
Mar 10, 2014 5:58 PM
Lewd Connoisseur

Nov 2011
This episode further proves why Yuki Kaji is such a talented Voice Actor. He does a great performance as Yukine.
Mar 12, 2014 3:24 PM

Mar 2008
Surprised Yukine even admitted to trying to feel up Hiyori since that one wasnt out of negative emotions compared to the other things he did.

I teared up a bit
Mar 13, 2014 6:40 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

I thought that the issue would continue until the end of the series, luckily.
Great story, I see no signs of forced, the characters are great in their events.
The design is a bit ugly, animations are fine instead.
Now is the time to Nora.
Mar 16, 2014 2:46 PM

Aug 2013
Wow, simply wow. This episode has been epic. Definitely the anime of the season. I hope it gets another season.
Mar 17, 2014 6:51 AM

Jun 2013
Well that was actually pretty intense. Still, way too predictable. Who couldn't guess that the girl would be the white knight and that everything would end well? Though I enjoyed this episode much more than the last one. 3/5.

This show needs more Nora. Easily one of the more interesting characters alongside Yato himself. I would much rather see a Yato + Nora than the pair we have right now. Yukine is such a boring character..
Mar 17, 2014 12:19 PM

Jun 2011
Wow the scene when Yukine apologizes was powerful. How they were saved was a little too convenient though, but whatever. Lmao at the big and scary dude crying.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 17, 2014 8:53 PM

Jun 2013
Wow, I'm so glad they dedicated the whole episode for Yukine's purification. That was awesome. Each of the main characters has a real purpose and has a stake in everything that happens. It makes the growth of bond between Yukine, Yato, and Hiyori really great to watch.

And to jump back on my broken record, the comedy at the end still totally fits amidst all the darkness and emotion.
-Trippwire-Mar 17, 2014 8:57 PM
Mar 20, 2014 5:52 PM

Aug 2011
This episode kinda pissed me off. Yukine didn't need a beating, he needed fucking therapy! If they had supported him from the start and let him know that he wasn't alone, that Hiyori was willing to be his friend and that Yato really cared about him, all of this could have been avoided. However Yato treated him terribly, making him eat out of the garbage, sleeping in the freezing cold, neglecting him emotionally, and then forcing him to kill against his will. This only served to exasperate the depression he already felt regarding his death. And yet this anime insists on treating Yato as the victim, when he basically brought all this on himself. The real victim here is Yukine. The stealing and breaking was very obviously a cry for help that any functioning human being would have been able to recognize. The kid is dead for fuck's sake. Yato did realize it and yet he did nothing. I mean how many years have they all been doing this? Yukine can not have been the first to succumb to depression, you think they would have a system worked out to ease dead souls into their roles as fucking tools. Just look how easily everything was solved simply by saying "I'm your friend"! But instead they decide to torture the kid. Cuz that's obviously the best solution. Fuck these people.

Fuck Yato for ignorantly treating him like shit and fuck Hiyori for waiting until the last minute to let Yukine know he's not alone. And fuck everyone for being idiots.

I really want to like this anime, but it keeps doing dumb shit like this. Yukine is the only character I like in this anime, as he's the most realistically written. I would like Yato as well, but I keep getting the feeling that he's not meant to be an asshole, so it's just bad writing. Hopefully I'm wrong and Yato (or somebody) admits to his own role in this clusterfuck during future episodes, cuz I really do like the guy.
SilverDemonMar 20, 2014 6:07 PM
Mar 22, 2014 3:23 PM

Mar 2008
SilverDemon said:
This episode kinda pissed me off. Yukine didn't need a beating, he needed fucking therapy! If they had supported him from the start and let him know that he wasn't alone, that Hiyori was willing to be his friend and that Yato really cared about him, all of this could have been avoided. However Yato treated him terribly, making him eat out of the garbage, sleeping in the freezing cold, neglecting him emotionally, and then forcing him to kill against his will. This only served to exasperate the depression he already felt regarding his death. And yet this anime insists on treating Yato as the victim, when he basically brought all this on himself. The real victim here is Yukine. The stealing and breaking was very obviously a cry for help that any functioning human being would have been able to recognize. The kid is dead for fuck's sake. Yato did realize it and yet he did nothing. I mean how many years have they all been doing this? Yukine can not have been the first to succumb to depression, you think they would have a system worked out to ease dead souls into their roles as fucking tools. Just look how easily everything was solved simply by saying "I'm your friend"! But instead they decide to torture the kid. Cuz that's obviously the best solution. Fuck these people.

Fuck Yato for ignorantly treating him like shit and fuck Hiyori for waiting until the last minute to let Yukine know he's not alone. And fuck everyone for being idiots.

I really want to like this anime, but it keeps doing dumb shit like this. Yukine is the only character I like in this anime, as he's the most realistically written. I would like Yato as well, but I keep getting the feeling that he's not meant to be an asshole, so it's just bad writing. Hopefully I'm wrong and Yato (or somebody) admits to his own role in this clusterfuck during future episodes, cuz I really do like the guy.

I have to agree with you for the most part (and you worded everything very nicely, btw).
Regarding the "beating" part - you kind of have to understand that it's set in THEIR world, which means that some things are being solved "differently" and maybe not according to what you agree with.
About Hiyori waiting for the last minute - have you actually been watching the show?! Hiyori is my favorite character from Noragami, because she doesn't wine about things but instead gets them done. She's there for EVERYONE all the time.
And usually you don't have to tell someone "hey, I'm your friend" - it just happens naturally and both sides know.
However, Yukine isn't very used to all of that so he was the person being oblivious to everything (Yato accepting him and Hiyori being his friend) - now, you could use that as an excuse to blame the other characters [like you did], or you could try to look at it from the perspective of another person.
Obvious statement, but relevant : there are always two sides of a coin.

And also about treating him like shit - it's not like he gave them that much of a chance to do otherwise. I've learned myself that if you have a problem, are feeling terrible or ANYTHING is up, you GOTTA SAY IT and speak up. Which is something he didn't do! There are only very few people who care enough about you on their own, BUT if you actually bother to ask for help the majority of people won't refuse.
If you are silent about stuff and just suffer in silence you shouldn't complain about anyone or anything - naturally if you don't know what the other person is dealing with how can you help them?! (<- this is pretty much how every single therapist works as well, and I've learned that by heart)
Vanessa-Mar 22, 2014 4:05 PM
Mar 23, 2014 12:30 AM

Sep 2013
Great episode! Call me a sadist, but I enjoyed every last second of Yukine's punishment because he was stubborn and an big fat phony. He deserved it. But I'm glad he repented.

Great character development! and also shedding some good manly tears.

Mar 23, 2014 5:22 AM

Dec 2010
Darn, Daikoku was so cool this episode, he really became one of my favorites. I'm glad the Yukine's shitty attitude is over with, I couldn't stand him. And Hiyori is really one of the best female main characters ever, there's nothing to hate about her, she's lovely, and she saved Yato so many times...

I guess the original ending starts from here on out, but I wouldn't mind as this anime's so good that I would enjoy even fillers of it.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

517 by zoehegoburu »»
Feb 21, 7:12 AM

» I will ANIMATE the S3 if no studios does (NOT A BAIT) ( 1 2 3 )

WVM - Feb 19, 2023

110 by Spunkert »»
Feb 17, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

315 by Beatnik »»
Jan 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

301 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

202 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.