Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 3, 2014 6:27 AM

Aug 2013
Kaoreen-P said:

Well BONES did a good job ruining Yukine's character. He's now the most hated character in the series.. wow! I just hope more people would read the manga so they'll understand Yukine's true character.

I actually don't hate Yukine. I find this actually developed his character you know.
Sorry! I must admit I am confused most of the time.
Feel free to recommend anime to me, or tell me to shut up.
Mar 3, 2014 6:33 AM

Nov 2010
Impressive, even with the great use of flashback
It's good to know even the dead need to confess their sins in the human world

Daikoku and Hiyori really played a big part to save Yato and Yukine
The involvement of the others was nice and needed too
Mar 3, 2014 6:50 AM

Sep 2012
I didn't really like it, but that was expected, everything feels a bit forced. Yukine acting all emo "I am so unlucky" when he had both Hiyori and Yato caring for him the whole time. Yato who for some reason decided not to tell Yukine about all the consequences his actions could have.

But well...
Mar 3, 2014 7:20 AM

Oct 2013
TawnyWings said:
Kaoreen-P said:

Well BONES did a good job ruining Yukine's character. He's now the most hated character in the series.. wow! I just hope more people would read the manga so they'll understand Yukine's true character.

I actually don't hate Yukine. I find this actually developed his character you know.
Exactly, that was some good character development we see.
Mar 3, 2014 7:25 AM

Sep 2011
AsherFischell said:
JizzyHitler said:
AsherFischell said:
JizzyHitler said:
that was really good but im worried how the show is gonna wrap up, there are so many unanswered questions and only 3 episode left, i really wish this were 2 cour

It's gonna have a filler ending. Remember that guy Nora was talking to after the ED? He's an anime original character and I think we all know what that means.
yah i know that, and anime only with studio bones is an extremely good thing, them going anime only has resulted in FMA 2003, darker than black, eureka 7 and rahXephon, they know how to make anime only better than the source

Darker than Black, Eureka 7 and Rahxephon were all original works, though.
rahXephon was not, its based off of a really terrible manga, and they are anime original works thats what i just said, they know how to do things without sources or better than existing sources

Kaoreen-P said:

you know most people here are saying they like yukine right? This was a huge character development section, his favorites jumped by like 70 favorites since this episode

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 3, 2014 7:27 AM

May 2013
teary eyes but no tears, see this coming abit

fuckk yukine i couldnt care less about him,

hiyorin is abit pathetic and indecisive and i dont like her ( i usually love any girl in main character role but this one NO)

as for yato, kofuku, kazuma. and Tomone they are just bad ass!!!!1
Mar 3, 2014 7:29 AM

Mar 2013
Kaoreen-P said:
The purification ritual was perfect. Yuki Kaji was soo good.. Yukine feels all over T^T

It's disappointing that after the purification scene, Yato was suppose to say things about Yukine being an outstanding shinki in which he havn't seen to others that's why he didn't release him. And also he ALLOWED HIS CONDITION TO WORSEN ON PURPOSE (So basically u can't just blame it all to Yukine coz it's yato's choice in the first place, he could just have punished yukine in an earlier time to avoid that near-death-condition but he didn't) This would have been a good defend for Yukine.

Well I just started to read the manga, but now after your post it's obvious that Bones changed the story in places. So I gonna read it to because I'm interested in it.
Mar 3, 2014 8:43 AM

May 2010
This episode was so painful to watch in a good way, they really did well building up the atmosphere there. One of the best episodes of this anime.
Mar 3, 2014 9:06 AM
Jul 2018
I had over the whole episode teary eyes
and shit dat feels. One of the best and emotional episode of the anime.
And when Hiyori embraced Yato and Yukine T_T
I'm so emotional right know, sorry ^^'
Mar 3, 2014 9:10 AM

Nov 2013
Best episode so far. If it manages to conclude well in the few episodes left, then I might give it a 9/10 from 8.
Mar 3, 2014 9:30 AM
Jul 2018
Hiyori saves the day. Yukine finally grows some perspective on all the bad things he's been doing. His character was becoming really annoying to watch. Great episode though regardless! That hug surprised Yato big time.
Mar 3, 2014 9:55 AM
Apr 2013
SatanicBeaver said:
Cheesy and extremely melodramatic, a step down in enjoyment for me. I still don't like Yukine, at all.

Okay first of all cool name. Nothing says "powerful" more than a cooch that worships Satan.

Oh, you meant the animal...

Secondly, couldn't have said it any better.

Mar 3, 2014 10:19 AM

Aug 2008
gerey said:
Kaoreen-P said:
The purification ritual was perfect. Yuki Kaji was soo good.. Yukine feels all over T^T

It's disappointing that after the purification scene, Yato was suppose to say things about Yukine being an outstanding shinki in which he havn't seen to others that's why he didn't release him. And also he ALLOWED HIS CONDITION TO WORSEN ON PURPOSE (So basically u can't just blame it all to Yukine coz it's yato's choice in the first place, he could just have punished yukine in an earlier time to avoid that near-death-condition but he didn't) This would have been a good defend for Yukine.

Well I just started to read the manga, but now after your post it's obvious that Bones changed the story in places. So I gonna read it to because I'm interested in it.

Wait,so is it confirm we are going to get original anime ending?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 3, 2014 10:22 AM

May 2008
Ugh...Yukine is annoying...they should have killed him -__-
Mar 3, 2014 10:33 AM

Jul 2013
meh.. Yato should've died and Yukine should just turn as a phantom and got slayed.

That Hiyori speech.. ughhh.. who the fuck is she kidding? Yukine doesn't owe anything to Yato. What does Yato ever do to him? he sort of "revived" him and give him a name but then what?

Imagine you had a life of suffering and die. The next thing you know, some jackass God revive you and put you through more suffering. Yato telling him to live as a person? fuck that... you may be able to do that if you're lucky enough the one that revives you are proper Gods like Kofuku, Tenjin, or Bishamon. Although you can't exactly live as a normal human, at least you have a master who treats you properly and take care of your well being. Yato? not only he's poor & inattentive but he's also dumb as fuck. Charging 5 yen per job we can have 1000 episodes of Noragami and he isn't even close to building his own shrine, can you blame Yukine for being frustrated? not only he's had to deal with more shit after suffering a hellish life, he's had to bear watching other shinki being treated as they should.

True, shinkis are spirits that still want to live but the way I see it their existence is an irony. They are living but at the same time they're not. Older people like Daikoku, Kazuma, and Mayu may be more mature about their condition but can you blame Yukine, someone who barely hit puberty, for acting up? kids like him needs a lot of attention, he barely knows what's right and what's wrong. I truly pity the way he envies the living teenagers who still have everything he doesn't have. How exactly is he suppose to live like a person in that condition? the one thing that he wants the most, the reason that he wishes he's still alive, is also the one thing he can't get. It's like dangling a carrot in front of a bunny while making sure it's out of the bunny's reach.

Hiyori said Yato's like a father and I was like seriously? what kind of father doesn't correct his son's misconduct? it's one thing not providing for your kid and another thing not to educate him properly. Yato's like a father who isn't ready to be a father yet insist on being a father. It's like for fuck's sake dude, if you sympathize with Yukine's life then help him pass on and reincarnate or something!
MoeGodMar 3, 2014 10:44 AM
Mar 3, 2014 12:09 PM

May 2011
Man, watching Yukine this episode was a test of my patience, at least I passed the anger management test nothing broke. He half-redeemed himself at the end though, and it seems like Yato and everyone is at peace again, for now.

Daikoku is a true bro! I'm really glad he and Kofuku-chan have such solid roles in this series. Mayu and Kazuma are following in his bro-steps too. Hiyori also proved to be very reliable, and I really liked Yato's thoughts summing her deeds all up at the end too.

The ending was creepy! Sadly, only 3 episodes left.
Mar 3, 2014 12:11 PM

Sep 2011
The only thing I have to say is that, this show is fucking awesome!
Mar 3, 2014 1:39 PM
Mar 2012
This episodes showed us: Daikoku is awesome.
Mar 3, 2014 1:48 PM

Oct 2012
Rewatched the last part with the 3 of them about 6 times. I would like to know what went through Yato's brain when he blushed.
Can't wait for next weeks :)
Mar 3, 2014 2:46 PM

Mar 2008
This episode drew out many emotions for me. I haven't read the manga but I can say I have been on Yukine's side the whole time. I mean hell, How can anyone blame him for thinking/acting the way he did? He died young & still wanted the same things other kids his age had.
Mar 3, 2014 2:53 PM

Feb 2011
Best episode yet, that much ill say
but i REALLY want them to start helping hiyori with her whole "out of body experiences" issue.

It would be cool to go back on track to the main plot.
7/10

Mar 3, 2014 3:41 PM

Aug 2013
All of the feels.
Mar 3, 2014 3:53 PM

Mar 2012
Only 3 episodes left ;_;

JizzyHitler said:
that was really good but im worried how the show is gonna wrap up, there are so many unanswered questions and only 3 episode left, i really wish this were 2 cour

Same here, really hoping it doesn't get an original ending since I want a second season :(

Kaoreen-P said:

Maybe they're leaving it for the next episode :o Personally I don't hate Yukine since he's just a kid who seems to have had a pretty shit life, though I do admit it doesn't give him the excuse to act the way he did but it's understandable.
Mar 3, 2014 4:23 PM
Mar 2013
Not gonna lie, I cried. That was such a great ending
Mar 3, 2014 4:52 PM

Sep 2013
She saves Yato yet again, regardless of who helped the problem.
I want more subtle interactions between both of them like moarrr!

I also want to see Yato's dark side soo bad! When will we see it?
Are we even going to witness it in these closing episodes? Hope so.

Ahhhhhhhh..and the long week wait game begins.. -_-
Mar 3, 2014 5:11 PM

Aug 2013
That little brat finally got what he deserved. I hope that event can stop my hatred for him. I hope that he don't lose his temper though, just that he stop being a dick.

It's not new to this episode, but the soundtrack was fucking epic and thrilling.

All those screaming and groaning from Yato and Yukine were hard to listen too.

Hiyori really is a good friend. They wouldn't have gone far without her. HiyorixYato to the end! xD

Our homeless and useless god is saved! It was a really emotionnal episode. For a second, I thought Yukine would die...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 3, 2014 5:48 PM

Dec 2012
The feels. Can't stop my tears.
Mar 3, 2014 6:04 PM

Jan 2014
Shit that was intense. Well Hiyori did a nice supporting job there, and Yukine......well that was sad to watch, he really felt alone and forsaken, but was proven otherwise and now accepted his new chance of sorts.

Now Nora and that new anime-only character.........those two will be no good together D:
Mar 3, 2014 6:27 PM

Aug 2013
Watched 3 times already and can't stop the tears every time.

Was so epic and intense I wish it was at least 24 episodes :/

Only 3 episodes left but it's not enough there better be a second season! >.<
Mar 3, 2014 7:15 PM

May 2013
Really solid, as usual, but I felt that the solution to the problem was a bit too conventional and too easy. Still, really good stuff, as usual.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Mar 3, 2014 9:23 PM

Apr 2012
teared up at the end! D:

Mar 3, 2014 9:24 PM

Apr 2012
jiraiya_sensei said:
meh.. Yato should've died and Yukine should just turn as a phantom and got slayed.

lol there won't be a show without Yato/ Yukine. Kill off 2 of the 3 main characters with 3 episodes left; makes sense. Guess Hiyori will yolo the rest of the show
zzzeallyMar 3, 2014 9:32 PM

Mar 3, 2014 9:42 PM

Jun 2013
Damn ninjas cutting onions...

Yukine is either an ungrateful brat (in which case the punishment was long due), or he had a tough life and had to deal with lots of bad people (if so, hopefully he learned from this; Yato and Hiyori are worth opening your heart to).

Anyway, it's great to see the bummy ghost busters united again :)
Mar 3, 2014 10:55 PM

May 2011
ElenirLachlagos said:
This episodes showed us: Daikoku is awesome.
-Skyleo- said:
Wow. I mean, WOW.

This episode was perfect. I didn't cry but damn... All these feels.
It was a great emotional roller coaster, and I especially loved that heartwarming vibes at the end, when everyone was smiling.
I'm glad to see that, despite appearances, Yato has such nice nakamas.

I was getting a bit emotional myself, but then i saw Daikoku and i suddenly started to laugh myself silly.
Mar 4, 2014 12:02 AM

Jul 2009
Kazuma saves the day again. I wonder if he's going to get repremanded...

I really love that there are people who genuinely care about Yato, even though he is kind of poor and minor. Maybe now Yukine will see good in him too! I used to dislike Yato, but he's seriously taken a huge place in my heart! I would love to hear more about him and why he is so good now. Character development please!

I honestly LOVE Hiyori. I didn't think she would be anything but the obligatory female supporting character, but she has her own strength and kindness that Yato and Yukine are always indebted to! I really dig that she knew not to get Nora, and that she begged for help. She obviously needs Yato for help with her soul, but at the same time, she's bonded with him and honestly cares for him. Having a person like Hiyori in their lives is something both Yato and Yukine are lucky to have because they need her compassion more than anyone.
Mar 4, 2014 12:04 AM

Jul 2009
Cirris said:

I was getting a bit emotional myself, but then i saw Daikoku and i suddenly started to laugh myself silly.

Oh my gosh, I seriously started laughing for a thousand years when I saw Daikoku weeping hahaha.
Mar 4, 2014 12:23 AM

Dec 2011
Damn I cried. That end though with Yato blushing <3 OTP hellz yeah
Ufufu.. that's when Hiyori..
Mar 4, 2014 12:46 AM

Jul 2013
Zeally said:

lol there won't be a show without Yato/ Yukine. Kill off 2 of the 3 main characters with 3 episodes left; makes sense. Guess Hiyori will yolo the rest of the show

That wouldn't be too bad... at least Hiyori seems to be the only one with a functioning brain among the 3 main chars. Watching Yato and Yukine irked me as much as watching the girls of Coppelion. I just want to slap all of them into oblivion.
Mar 4, 2014 3:15 AM

Sep 2012
best episode this season.

edit...

great soundtrack!

and there's gotta be a second arc/season.
Mar 4, 2014 4:38 AM

Nov 2011
cyclone1993 said:

I want to see more of Nora. She's a very interesting character, and the namesake of the show. .

The series isn't name after Nora. Nora means Stray in English and Noragami means Stray God which is pretty much what Yato is.

Mar 4, 2014 5:53 AM

Nov 2013
Yukine's personality is terrible, there I said it.
Mar 4, 2014 6:06 AM

Sep 2013
Man.... i cried bones really did a good job
Mar 4, 2014 7:42 AM

Mar 2013
This was amazing... The tears ;~;
Mar 4, 2014 10:15 AM

Sep 2007
That was intense

Mar 4, 2014 12:21 PM

Aug 2012
I was soo pissed off with Yukine . I cursed him so many times this episode. Yato is better off being with Nora .
Mar 4, 2014 12:34 PM

Dec 2012
Episode of the season. Words won't do my emotions and the execution of this justice, it did everything right.
Mar 4, 2014 1:38 PM

Jan 2013
Yukine is god awful, no pun intended. What a selfish soul compared to annoying Hiyorin who needs to be killed off already. sorry she just annoys me as much as Yukine.
Mar 4, 2014 1:43 PM

Aug 2010
Great episode!

Anyways, since nobody mentioned it yet:
That song Nora was chanting in the end reminded me strongly of the "handmaiden's song / sleeping priestess" from Fatal Frame 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMXETnfyTwA <- english
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6zGfWUw79c <- japanese

also, since I'm a perveteran, I can safely say that the hiyori fanservice was tasty ^,.,^
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Mar 4, 2014 3:31 PM

Oct 2010
Hopefully now Yukine will stop being so annoyingly whiny.
Mar 4, 2014 5:27 PM

Sep 2013
i really love this ep. best episode so far for me :)
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

517 by zoehegoburu »»
Feb 21, 7:12 AM

» I will ANIMATE the S3 if no studios does (NOT A BAIT) ( 1 2 3 )

WVM - Feb 19, 2023

110 by Spunkert »»
Feb 17, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

315 by Beatnik »»
Jan 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

301 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

202 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.