Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2008 7:18 PM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode is when Athrun is conversing with ZAFT Chairman about the current issues at hand. And the Atlantic Federation makes a failed attempt at a nuclear attack on the PLANTS. In doing so, ZAFT retaliates and destroys the missiles before they make contact. The PLANTS are enraged and want revenge, but what seems to be Lacus Clyne makes a broadcast to calm the civilians down. Later we discover that it is a Lacus Clyne fake used in order to influence the people of the PLANTS. Athrun is offered ownership of ZAFT's newest Gundam model by ZAFT's Chairman, and then Athrun is later out to dinner with the fake Lacus Clyne.

I get the feeling at this point Athrun is going to be rejoining ZAFT, or at least fight side by side with them in the near future. And I don't really like the idea of a fake Lacus running about.

Express your opinions please.
Oct 29, 2011 6:21 PM

Nov 2009
athruns definitely gonna end up back on the minerva. so he and cagalli are sort of indirect enemeis now :( thats so sad. cagallis character is really taking a toll so far in destiny. she was so epic in seed too. i hope that resolves itself. also, i want kira and lacus to finally do something. i imagine they will join back up with andrew watfield and murre ramius on the archangel. ill be really angry if they dont play the vigilante part again tho. screw the earth forces and zaft.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2012 2:54 PM
Dec 2010
i just hope im gonna meet good old characters more often ...
Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Oct 2, 2012 12:38 AM

Oct 2009
When ZAFT's Chairman was inviting Athrun to come with him, I was thinking that there will be hundreds, or maybe even thousands of clones of Lacus Clyne. But there was only another Gundam. And even fake Lacus Clyne wasn't a clone. What a disillusionment
May 9, 2013 8:31 PM

Nov 2011
For some reason, Lacus' reminds me of an inspiring speech from a certain pink haired girl from CG. Oh wait. That one ended in a bloodbath.
Jun 4, 2013 4:52 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Hm so I was right that it's not the real Lacus. Interesting how much influence Lacus is, but I guess it's good that they have a way of calming the citizens down. Too bad there's no one with such a big influence in real life. Destiny so far has been pretty Athrun-centric, which I like :D It really sucks for him, all the internal conflicts he has and everything he has suffered through ;__; and even now, he is carrying a burden, especially with what Gilbert said to him in this episode.
Feb 14, 2014 6:29 AM
Mar 2013
So she's not a clone but she had plastic surgery to make her look like Lacus. Durandal's pretty smart to use her influence to placate the Plants.

I'm glad the Earth's nuclear strike failed. Y'know, I'm not trying to be suspicious, but Durandal is a bit too nice and understanding to be real.
Sep 11, 2014 11:08 PM

Jul 2008
I really don't like using a fake Lacus, I have nothing against the person playing her yet, but something is just fishy about it.

Looks like next episode we have Cagalli being pushed around and whining about her idealism and not acting.
May 23, 2015 8:43 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

Love watching the chairman manipulate everyone. I still find it annoying that Athrun doesn't call him out on the fake Lacus thing.

Best girl gundam revealed!
Aug 15, 2015 9:58 PM
Jul 2018
I think that before it's all over they will have the fake Lacus do some things that will make the real Lacus look bad.
Athrun sure didn't try too hard to tell her he wasn't Lacus' fiancée anymore either.
And the Savior Gundam looks pretty cool so far.
Apr 8, 2016 6:35 PM

Jul 2010
Really don't like the fake Lacus storyline...but hey atleast the new Gundam looks cool!
Dec 21, 2023 6:23 AM

Jul 2017
I don't know if i like the fake lacus or not, I'm afraid that she will do something that will make the real lacus hated.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Episode 50 Discussion

Symphonica - Aug 6, 2010

38 by Andiuxy »»
Apr 7, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Episode 9 Discussion

gohdan - Aug 10, 2010

14 by CheungCrygor8818 »»
Mar 26, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Episode 8 Discussion

gohdan - Aug 10, 2010

17 by CheungCrygor8818 »»
Mar 25, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Episode 45 Discussion

gohdan - Oct 2, 2010

14 by Maria1988 »»
Mar 23, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Episode 44 Discussion

gohdan - Oct 2, 2010

20 by Maria1988 »»
Mar 23, 10:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.