Forum Settings
Forums

How do I create a AMV using anime on DVD's??

New
Jan 11, 2008 7:12 PM

Feb 2007
I was wondering how I make a AMV. I am using windows movie maker but I was wondering how to import my anime that is on DVD's into the program. I think I have to uncode it or something like that, but I don't know how to do that.
Jan 11, 2008 8:01 PM
Jul 2018
I recommend checking out animemusicvideos.org because they have a lot of resources for people interested in that and if you do a general search on there about ripping DVD footage you might find something.

But personally, I just download a raw copy of the anime to save the hassle of decoding.
Jan 12, 2008 6:22 PM

Feb 2007
Can you recommend a site to download from?
Jan 12, 2008 7:18 PM
Jul 2018
For which anime?
Jan 12, 2008 10:22 PM
Dec 2007
kimochi said:
I recommend checking out animemusicvideos.org because they have a lot of resources for people interested in that and if you do a general search on there about ripping DVD footage you might find something.

But personally, I just download a raw copy of the anime to save the hassle of decoding.

DVD RIP = Awesome quality, if I was to make a AMV quality is first priority ^_^.

Anyway you need a more professional software for such project, I personally don't think Window one are any goods!
Jan 13, 2008 8:29 AM

Dec 2007
There are many programs you can get to rip footage from a DVD, and there are different methods you need to use for each program. Depending on the quality you want, you can use either a simple method with a not-so-great result, or a complex one with a potentially crisp and seamless, high quality result.

When it comes to making the actual video, using Windows Movie Maker will always reduce the quality of your clips when you export the project. You're better to go for Premiere...

PM me for more.
Jan 13, 2008 10:39 AM
Jul 2018
I'm an Adobe Premiere fan. :P

All those people using Sony Vegas >_> bah!

You can always search for something like "DVD video rip" or something like that to pull up software ideas for ripping. You won't find many good free ones though. =\
Jan 13, 2008 2:30 PM

Dec 2007
I have a good free one, but you have to use another program to convert it into a format which can run in editing programs, and there are problems with DVDs in PAL format; they turn out terrible. If you're in America, you're already at an advantage with AMVs and the like. >_>
Jan 14, 2008 6:57 PM

Feb 2007
kimochi said:
I'm an Adobe Premiere fan. :P

All those people using Sony Vegas >_> bah!

You can always search for something like "DVD video rip" or something like that to pull up software ideas for ripping. You won't find many good free ones though. =

Where can I buy Adobe Premiere and how much does it cost? I didn't realize that Windows Movie was not that good. But... I guess that just means I have to buy a new better program. *hoping it doesn't cost a fortune* ^_^
Jan 15, 2008 3:42 AM

Dec 2007
Adobe Premiere costs over £500. It's expensive. I recommend downloading a trial and seeing what you think of it. I managed to download and install two different trails of Premiere Pro 1.5 before I had to get it... So two months of trial.
Jan 16, 2008 4:09 PM

May 2007
Lirael said:
Adobe Premiere costs over £500. It's expensive. I recommend downloading a trial and seeing what you think of it. I managed to download and install two different trails of Premiere Pro 1.5 before I had to get it... So two months of trial.

Thats what I did (well, I use Vegas instead), its a great way to get used to the program before you decide to buy it (especially since its so expensive =~. You can slowly go down the version numbers as the trials wear off.
Jan 17, 2008 7:30 AM
Jul 2018
Adobe Premiere is $800; Pretty expensive. If you're a university student/professor/administrator you can usually get decent discounts (like paying $20 for Dreamweaver or something).

Just the the trials, the latest version supports the most formats of video, so start with that one. You can get trials of other versions from other places on the internet.
Jan 18, 2008 9:07 AM

Feb 2007
Thanks a lot for your help. I think thats what I will do.
Jan 21, 2008 3:33 PM

Dec 2007
I would like to note that you might find the clips you want to use are compressed with codecs like DivX. NEVER use that codec in Premiere. Premiere hates DivX and it can cause lots of problems. Avoid XviD too. In fact, if you have the space, avoid compressing your .avi files altogether. Just a tip. =]

If you have to compress them, use huffyuff (PM me to find out about that)

More topics from this board

» Impact of Anime on India's Youth & Its effects on Family Dynamics- A Survey

Anituber69 - Apr 10

3 by Said_enough »»
1 hour ago

» What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

DesuMaiden - 8 hours ago

3 by SnipeStrike »»
2 hours ago

» I used a basic AI video enchancer to upscale really old anime

tsukareru - Nov 25, 2023

27 by tsukareru »»
5 hours ago

» Created my first amv yesterday. Check it out, enjoy, and provide feedback if you'd like!

painiwakura - Mar 24

2 by Astachanna »»
Yesterday, 6:02 PM

» Anime hoodies - New brand

abambata - Apr 13

2 by abambata »»
Apr 14, 3:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.