Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 39 Discussion


Mar 3, 2014 8:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 24299
razorwire said:
Season two had many great episodes. The story didn't feel as tight as season one, maybe because of the emotional ties that were made, particularly with Wang Qi and his death in the end, and how the season truly felt self-contained.
I definitely agree on this. I feel that it may also be partly due to the style shift from CGI, to now hand-drawing almost everything in S2. It's always hard to balance the use of both, so we tend to get one more than the other.

razorwire said:
Watching season 2 sort of reminded me of the 2nd Lord of the Rings movie. Lots of great stuff going on, but you catch glimpses that season 3 would really kick it into high gear. :)
Very much so. Quite the apt analogy!
fullmetalbender said:
Ooh interesting point! I see it now - the super massive battle can be compared to Helm's Gate, and the 'end' serving not really as an ending, but rather the beginning of a crucial stage in their journey. If the potential season 3 is going to be anything like Return of the King, then I await it even more eagerly (if that's possible) and pray for the announcement of its existence!
Season 1 was definitely more of an 'establishment' that (unexpectedly) moved into a crucial event with the death of Wang Qi.
S2 has given us a lot of new elements that will obviously have far-reaching implications. The big things that come to mind: Lian Po's survival, exposure to new states Han/Yan, KyouKai determinedly going on her mission, Qin's holding policy over Sanyou, pregnancy, brotherly love, Li Si's dissent, Li Mu's secret mission, a certain new Chancellor, the Dowager's Buwei companionship-alliance, the two new rivals.
Actually, didn't Meng Ao retire? So as of now, the two swords are thrown free of their old master.
And leftovers from S1: Tou, head of Ouki army, Wang Qi's glaive, Mountain King Yotanwa, revenge on Pang Nuan.

Damn, there's a load of elements and subplots, not to mention we've hardly seen most of the other states!

fullmetalbender said:
Ckan said:
I also need to correct myself: it should be that the Empress is chosen, and her eldest son would normally become heir. I believe I originally wrote it the other way round (the heir makes the Empress).
Actually, I thought you might've been right the first time? I mean, would the son of 'first consort' be guaranteed suitability as to being heir? Because unlike the Western system, the next emperor/king would be decided by the current emperor, wouldn't he? I've seen a few anime at least in which the heir is changed and is not necessarily born of the 'first consort' (heir presumptive?). However, that didn't change her own position as 'first', rather it gave the new heir's mother increased power/influence. Is that what you meant?
It's a mix of both. I'm not well enough versed in the history to distinguish, but some periods of China's history would have far stricter traditions/procedures/rules (usually due to ritual/Confiucianism). Certainly, it'd not be unusual for newly formed dynasties or more the turbulent times to have convoluted succession disputes. As you've discerned, I'd believe that the Empress would hold a constant position, but then considering the precedents of changing heirs, I was made somewhat unsure. After more thought, I think it's still likely that there would be certain traditions, as Qin has been long established at this point in time. Of course, the question then becomes as to what traditions those are, but firstborn (legitimate) son is a very common universal precedent.

fullmetalbender said:
Yep, this why introducing the power play of the women of court would be highly intriguing. In fact, I'd be greatly interested to see any and all new developments at court, as the battles episodes do sometimes wear me out.
Hahahaha, is that so? But surely from here on out, the campaigns will be getting even longer and more frequent! How else shall all of China be pacified?
 
Mar 3, 2014 9:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 24299
Azekura said:
AHHH. I never came across the word Dowager before, so I just assumed it was a Chinese title for the empress. I feel like the biggest idiot here now. So embarrassed, dammit.
Well, at least Xiang has a chance of becoming Empress then.
We all have our blindspots, worry not! But the title makes more sense once you think of 'dower', and 'dowries'.

It'll certainly be interesting to see who becomes Empress.

Azekura said:
Yeah, not sure how the Harem system actually works in the Warring States era, especially in Kingdom. It seems a lot more logical if the current Empress has a hold of the Harem instead of the Empress Dowager, and the Dowager is just a symbolic figure than a person of actual power. If the state was following Confucian rules (which does give more respect to the elders), then maybe there's a chance that the Dowager can control the Harem, but many of the big philosophies at the time were not instilled during this era. Anyway, right now, Zheng doesn't have an Empress, but if Xiang becomes one, then we'll actually know if she gets to control the harem. Even controlling a portion of it will reduce Lu Buwei's power.
Indeed. I suppose you'd expect a former Empress to retain some influence over the Harem, even if informal, but the a Dowager's power is usually in her position as 'carer' and probably regent during the time her son is still too young to rule.

Ckan said:

I'm also uncertain as to whether the 'kings' of the Warring States would have the same system as the later Dynastic Emperors, but I think it's likely, as they'd probably take after the Shang and Zhou 'kings'.

Yep. All the States are originally derived from Zhou, which came from Shang. Though, they might have some differences between them, I'm pretty sure the system is similar to the original Zhou court. There are some schools of thought being originated at the time; so some of the states might be adopting a few. Especially Qin in the future.
While it'll quite possibly be left uncovered (will we get an end at unification?), the break that Qin signifies with those past ways is obviously a major historic thing. And then it also ties into the disparaging the period gets by later Confucian scholars aiming to further legitimise the Han dynasty!

Azekura said:
Ckan said:

(if Zheng spreads his seed like a proper Harem King).

I'm actually wondering if Zheng will become a Harem King. Historically,

Spoilers because of history.
I actually didn't know much on his later reign and the end-part of the Qin dynasty (I'm more acquainted with far later times as a generic 3Kingdoms fan, (but the Chu-Han contention sounds delicious, too!)). Collapses are always as fascinating as formations. Times of bland strife are rather passe!
OT: If I recall,


Azekura said:
fullmetalbender said:

As for Zheng securing political power through his own potential consort, I'm sure there's a possibility that will happen if the plot decides to involve more women in the court, which would be very very interesting. Anyway, I guess I'm surprised by Zheng as he is now (soon-to-be a father) because I forgot how intelligent and aware these things he is - I've probably been over-exposed to Xin, who didn't even have the slightest clue about Diao!

I've noticed now that mostly everyone in the court are men (which makes sense for that time anyway). Though, historically, there were well-known women who sided with Zheng during that age. Supposedly, there were two extremely rich female merchants who Zheng asked for help, and they gave him their support. Not sure if they'll be in it.
Also, one of the notable thing that happens between harem women are how they all fight each other, so their own son might become the next emperor. There could be a chance of some women in the court, but when it comes to political/diplomatic/etc. court positions, it's most likely still going to be all men.
One thing that I'm curious of, is the lack of eunuchs. As usual, my hedgework knowledge of the period is causing me trouble, but historically,
I suppose the mangaka could be limiting their use so as to simplify court proceedings, and to make them more identifiable with the corruption and evils of the Mother's harem.

Azekura said:
Also, Xin couldn't tell Qiang Lei was a girl until he "touched" her boobs. I'm actually wondering, what Xin's type is?
As he's a INSTINCTUAL type, he will obviously FEEL his way to his ONE TRUE LOVE.

While it'd have comedic purpose, but questionable possibility, a Xin harem is still on the table. (And again, I'm waiting for Master Archergirl to appear!) At the moment, we've only got two interests but,
We should also remember that the Xin/Piao dream also consisted of a nice house, good food, and many women.

Then again, perhaps his heart is already filled to the brim with Piao! (Or Zheng? Or China? The Flying Arrow Unit? Becoming the greatest General?)
Modified by Ckan, Mar 3, 2014 9:08 PM
 
Mar 3, 2014 9:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1093
Ckan said:
fullmetalbender said:
Yep, this why introducing the power play of the women of court would be highly intriguing. In fact, I'd be greatly interested to see any and all new developments at court, as the battles episodes do sometimes wear me out.
Hahahaha, is that so? But surely from here on out, the campaigns will be getting even longer and more frequent! How else shall all of China be pacified?
Ah yes, that is expected. But let me just clarify, I meant 'wear me out' by Kingdom's standards - which means I'd enjoy the episode no less, but rather that I'd enjoy a court episode just infinitesimally more. It's just my love for political intrigue in (especially historical) fiction speaking.
Also, I have literally never seen or even read about a battle as long as that Wei/Qin one - it was 20 bloody episodes long! I'd be lying if I didn't wish once or twice to see Zheng and his court, or even Diao and what she was up to, in detail.
Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

 
Mar 3, 2014 9:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 24299
fullmetalbender said:
Ckan said:
fullmetalbender said:
Yep, this why introducing the power play of the women of court would be highly intriguing. In fact, I'd be greatly interested to see any and all new developments at court, as the battles episodes do sometimes wear me out.
Hahahaha, is that so? But surely from here on out, the campaigns will be getting even longer and more frequent! How else shall all of China be pacified?
Ah yes, that is expected. But let me just clarify, I meant 'wear me out' by Kingdom's standards - which means I'd enjoy the episode no less, but rather that I'd enjoy a court episode just infinitesimally more. It's just my love for political intrigue in (especially historical) fiction speaking.
Also, I have literally never seen or even read about a battle as long as that Wei/Qin one - it was 20 bloody episodes long! I'd be lying if I didn't wish once or twice to see Zheng and his court, or even Diao and what she was up to, in detail.
Quite understandable. The latest war might also have felt a little padded through pacing and for a want of a fat budget for extravagant animation, but we can't have everything. The stellar voice-cast has done an amazing work, and really made the show (Wang Qi, Wang Jian, Meng Wu, Meng Ao, Tou, Heki, Zheng, Diao, and Qiang Lei come to mind here as my favourites. Morita has also done Xin a great justice, although he's a little growly at times: could do with more inspirational gravitas!)

I recall the manga spreads things out more evenly, and it even has the comedic but somewhat actual omakes in the collected volumes. (Lots of rewarding snippets of Diao, Xiang, Qiang Lei, and even the Mountain tribe!)
Modified by Ckan, Mar 3, 2014 9:23 PM
 
Mar 3, 2014 9:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1093
Ckan said:
Azekura said:
Also, Xin couldn't tell Qiang Lei was a girl until he "touched" her boobs. I'm actually wondering, what Xin's type is?
As he's a INSTINCTUAL type, he will obviously FEEL his way to his ONE TRUE LOVE.
LMAO I wonder if Xin gets laughed at this hard among his men!

Ckan said:
While it'd have comedic purpose, but questionable possibility, a Xin harem is still on the table. (And again, I'm waiting for Master Archergirl to appear!)
Is she a character from the manga we haven't seen?? Sounds interesting.

Ckan said:
Then again, perhaps his heart is already filled to the brim with Piao! (Or Zheng? Or China? The Flying Arrow Unit? Becoming the greatest General?)
At the moment, it would seem so! Plus, I think dearest Xin is yet to mature enough to deal with ~matters of the heart~
Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

 
Mar 3, 2014 9:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 24299
fullmetalbender said:
Ckan said:
Azekura said:
Also, Xin couldn't tell Qiang Lei was a girl until he "touched" her boobs. I'm actually wondering, what Xin's type is?
As he's a INSTINCTUAL type, he will obviously FEEL his way to his ONE TRUE LOVE.
LMAO I wonder if Xin gets laughed at this hard among his men!
He'll likely keep some form of his strain of idiocy throughout, and that is a comforting thing.

fullmetalbender said:
Ckan said:
While it'd have comedic purpose, but questionable possibility, a Xin harem is still on the table. (And again, I'm waiting for Master Archergirl to appear!)
Is she a character from the manga we haven't seen?? Sounds interesting.
Perhaps! Perhaps not!? But no, it's just silly speculation on my half, as he'as already won himself both a dancing super-warrioress-assassin and a reverse-trap, budding, premier strategist, so clearly, a masterful bowgirl to rival China's ten bows is needed to complete the magical trinity harem first-stage-set.

fullmetalbender said:
Ckan said:
Then again, perhaps his heart is already filled to the brim with Piao! (Or Zheng? Or China? The Flying Arrow Unit? Becoming the greatest General?)
At the moment, it would seem so! Plus, I think dearest Xin is yet to mature enough to deal with ~matters of the heart~
I forgot to put 'filled with immature, endearing haremlead idiocy' in that list. I think his chastity will turn into a running-gag at this rate.

On that note, who'll get matched-up first? Heki (didn't he have a thing for Yotanwa!), Meng Tian, Meng Yi (manga:
), and Wang Ben? Actually, will we ever see the mothers of these noble individuals?

Being Changwenjun is suffering. (did he never have love!? ;_;)
Modified by Ckan, Mar 3, 2014 9:37 PM
 
Mar 3, 2014 10:19 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 5195
By any chance, are they selling out the BD/DVD? If so, I want to know if the selling goes well or not.
 
Mar 3, 2014 10:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 24299
SilentTruth said:
By any chance, are they selling out the BD/DVD? If so, I want to know if the selling goes well or not.
They should be on sale (perhaps not on BD?), but don't expect anything noticeable. Kingdom is one of those shows that makes low sales, but has its success measured in audience numbers and additional manga sold.

I think I remember one of the Kingdom ED/OP albums being somewhere on the 'CD sales of the week' list.
 
Mar 4, 2014 1:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1093
I just want one more user, just one, to vote 5/5 for this episode, making vote number 39.



Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

 
Mar 4, 2014 2:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 24299
fullmetalbender said:
I just want one more user, just one, to vote 5/5 for this episode, making vote number 39.
Psssht. Why stop there? We shall aim for 39 pages of 'discussion'.

Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 39 Discussion: THAT IS, THE DRAGON BLAZE THAT REACHES INTO HEAVEN AND PLUCKS OUT ITS GOLDEN PHOENIX MANDATE, THROWING IT UNTO THE MUDDY QIN EARTH. Wood divides Earth; Wood is burnt by fire: A True Furnace shall awaken! WE SHALL HAVE SEASON 3.

Once more, forever more, the Kingdom united; endless seasons of constant renwal. A feast of Kingdoms! Highest peak of Zheng's ChXindom.
 
Mar 4, 2014 2:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 630
fullmetalbender said:
I just want one more user, just one, to vote 5/5 for this episode, making vote number 39.

Done, I just voted 5/5 ;D

I really loved this season, even more that I loved the first season. Now I really hope they'll announce season 3 soon...
 
Mar 4, 2014 2:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1093
Chinkyu said:
fullmetalbender said:
I just want one more user, just one, to vote 5/5 for this episode, making vote number 39.

Done, I just voted 5/5 ;D

Thank you, thank you!

Ckan said:
Psssht. Why stop there? We shall aim for 39 pages of 'discussion'.

A happy prospect indeed! I'd gladly continue, either by echoing your war cries or by picking at the tiniest detail anyone cares to bring up.
Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

 
Mar 4, 2014 3:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 24299
Chinkyu said:
fullmetalbender said:
I just want one more user, just one, to vote 5/5 for this episode, making vote number 39.

Done, I just voted 5/5 ;D

I really loved this season, even more that I loved the first season. Now I really hope they'll announce season 3 soon...
For admirable and meritorius deeds, Chinkyu of Jena is awarded countless internet points, 50 MALawards, and raised 5 noble ranks, thusly, she is given the title of High Superior Marquise, Archduchess of Thuringia, Leader of the Vanguard, Defender of the Kingdom of Kingdom.

Hail!
 
Mar 4, 2014 3:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15773
And it's over. The days will feel more empty now.
Hopefully we will see Xin and his merry men riding into the battlefield once again.

There are still so many things i want to see. Like Xin becoming a general and the climax of Zheng's battle against Lu Bu.
 
Mar 4, 2014 3:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 24299
Monad said:
There are still so many things i want to see. Like Xin becoming a general and the climax of Zheng's battle against Lu Bu.


This is likely just an unintentional misnaming on your part, but Zheng would not fare well against him!

DO NOT PURSUE LU BU!

My poor joke explained:


But yeah, I'm really hungering to see more of Zheng's struggle for control, Xin's rise to the top and everybody else in-between.
 
Mar 4, 2014 6:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 123
Ckan said:

One thing that I'm curious of, is the lack of eunuchs. As usual, my hedgework knowledge of the period is causing me trouble

I don't think Palace eunuchs were notable during that Era, so I don't expect we'll see that many.

Ckan said:

(And again, I'm waiting for Master Archergirl to appear!)


Speaking of archery and bows, it was during this era that the Crossbow was produced. The Chu state was the first to produce the Crossbow and it did create some devastating effects. Foot soldiers had to start wearing armor, and the crossbow started being mass produced and replaced the traditional bow. There was a saying that a man with a crossbow and a good sword equaled 100 foot soldiers. I'm really interested in how the Chu state will be introduced, especially their crossbow.

fullmetalbender said:

At the moment, it would seem so! Plus, I think dearest Xin is yet to mature enough to deal with ~matters of the heart~

I wonder if Xin even knows how to make babies. Did Xin get the news that Zheng is having a child?
 
Mar 4, 2014 7:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 24299
Azekura said:
Ckan said:

One thing that I'm curious of, is the lack of eunuchs. As usual, my hedgework knowledge of the period is causing me trouble

I don't think Palace eunuchs were notable during that Era, so I don't expect we'll see that many.
They certainly weren't as prevalent as later periods. I'm mostly interested, as Zhao Gao (who was the eunuch that stabbed Xiang), was

He may have just been an exception, though.

Azekura said:
Ckan said:

(And again, I'm waiting for Master Archergirl to appear!)

Speaking of archery and bows, it was during this era that the Crossbow was produced. The Chu state was the first to produce the Crossbow and it did create some devastating effects. Foot soldiers had to start wearing armor, and the crossbow started being mass produced and replaced the traditional bow. There was a saying that a man with a crossbow and a good sword equaled 100 foot soldiers. I'm really interested in how the Chu state will be introduced, especially their crossbow.
There's definitely been less focus on the large usage of crossbows in the battles, which is probably one of the most ahistorical things in the anime. I can't remember if the manga tended to depict crossbows or not. Actually, while we're on weaponry, the footsoldiers haven't been using the 'dagger-axe' spear weapon, which Qin was a major user of.

Azekura said:
fullmetalbender said:

At the moment, it would seem so! Plus, I think dearest Xin is yet to mature enough to deal with ~matters of the heart~

I wonder if Xin even knows how to make babies. Did Xin get the news that Zheng is having a child?
Not yet. Surely the world would end if Xin knew anything about the going-ons of court!
Modified by Ckan, Mar 4, 2014 7:21 AM
 
Mar 4, 2014 8:00 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 77
Yeah I agree. SEASON THREE SEASON THREE
 
Mar 4, 2014 10:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 630
I'm a little disappointed Xin did not even mention Piao. His speech at the end of the episode seemed like a perfect chance for a "right, Piao" not Zheng. Piao was barely even referenced this season. I hope Xin isn't forgetting about him.
 
Mar 4, 2014 2:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 148
Damn no more Kingdom for a while. I'd be shocked if it didn't get a 3rd season. It got a second season with the issues it had, a 3rd just makes sense.
 
Mar 5, 2014 1:29 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 5195
Ckan said:
SilentTruth said:
By any chance, are they selling out the BD/DVD? If so, I want to know if the selling goes well or not.
They should be on sale (perhaps not on BD?), but don't expect anything noticeable. Kingdom is one of those shows that makes low sales, but has its success measured in audience numbers and additional manga sold.

I think I remember one of the Kingdom ED/OP albums being somewhere on the 'CD sales of the week' list.


Fair enough. I think the anime is catching up closely with the manga, so we might not see season 3 in near future. Give the mangaka some time and I sure he will announce it when there's enough material to do so.
 
Mar 5, 2014 2:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 24299
SilentTruth said:
I think the anime is catching up closely with the manga, so we might not see season 3 in near future. Give the mangaka some time and I sure he will announce it when there's enough material to do so.
Oh, there's almost certainly enough material for another full season, but the question may be as to whether it would be possible to make a 'clean break/conclusion' with the 3rd season's story. (English scanlations are still what up to what would be in a '3rd season').

The first anime covered about 15 volumes, S2 covered about 8 volumes. With the right pacing, a full 3rd season should be quite a snug fit.
 
Mar 5, 2014 4:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1093
Azekura said:
fullmetalbender said:

At the moment, it would seem so! Plus, I think dearest Xin is yet to mature enough to deal with ~matters of the heart~

I wonder if Xin even knows how to make babies. Did Xin get the news that Zheng is having a child?
You know, I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if Xin is ignorant of the 'birds and bees' - but I'd laugh really hard. And actually I'd really hoped to see his reaction to that particular news. If Xin calling Changwenjun 'old man' and casually referring to the prime minister + king amused/exasperated Meng Tian, I'd like to have seen him react to Xin reacting to ol' buddy Zheng being a father-to-be!

n10sity said:
I'm a little disappointed Xin did not even mention Piao. His speech at the end of the episode seemed like a perfect chance for a "right, Piao" not Zheng. Piao was barely even referenced this season. I hope Xin isn't forgetting about him.
As someone still greatly invested in that long gone character, I assure you, that's not the case. It's something we have to recognise through our understanding of Xin, not something the dialogues or the like can tell us. Remember that scene halfway through s1 where Xin said 'goodbye' to Piao's memories? It was to give himself, as well as the audience, the much-needed closure. He could not have gone on as he did with the bitterness of the circumstances of Piao's death, so he let it go, after extracting rightful revenge.

Also, don't forget the second ending of s2 which is a great homage to Piao, evoking his memory, legacy, and their shared dream - and precisely the reminder you asked for. To see Piao appear on screen after so long was extremely poignant and reminded everyone, I think, about how much of an influence he, and their friendship, is in Xin's life and that he still thinks of him even though he hasn't been mentioned during the episodes for so long.
Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

 
Mar 5, 2014 6:52 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1449
oh my god Zheng is already gonna be a daddy.

I need season 3 of this goodness but I don't think I'll be able to wait for it :(

Even though I liked season 1 more, I enjoyed both seasons as a whole. 8/10

Li Mu is b0ss
 
Mar 6, 2014 12:40 AM
Kanade♥

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 9796
Was fun marathoning these two seasons. Though, I have to say the first season was, IMO, better. Reason for this is probably because of Wang Qui. Season 2 had it's up as well with its improved CGI and better art. The fights were good too.

Hoping Qiang returns. I just love her dancing sword techniques and overall badass style. 8/10 for both seasons (not counting CGI). Solid series.
 
Mar 6, 2014 5:51 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 327
That was another good season of kingdom. The art definitely improved a lot which is good. Zheng also got his much needed depth.
On the other hand, this season had a few problems with its pacing, lack of strategized battles (which made kingdom s1 for me) and too much shounen elements.
Overall, I still liked this season a lot just not as much as season 1. 7.5-8/10
 
Mar 11, 2014 7:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 89
hahaha, Zheng was like "know your place, Lu Buwei", curious as to what will happen in this political warfare...

Xin has truly gotten a lot stronger since S1 and is still getting stronger, along with the rest of the Feixin members, they lost quite a few of their friends, but hey, this is war!

and Xiang is


and Li Mu too OP, wonder who could beat him?

maybe ill start reading the manga...


don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
 
Mar 16, 2014 2:09 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 188
I loved it and will probably read the manga aswell
season 3 when?!
 
Mar 16, 2014 4:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 80
Tho said:
I loved it and will probably read the manga aswell
season 3 when?!



Do that. The art is amazing and it has more impact due to a better pacing. However, you should start at chapter 1, because they left out a whole arc and some other stuff.
Season 3 has not been confirmed yet.
Awesome avatar by the way ;)
 
Mar 29, 2014 10:03 PM

Online
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 114689
Wow, Xiang has a child with the majesty now. Grats to her!

Looks like Xin has another obstacle/wall to get pass while Qiang continues her quest to avenge her sister. If season 3 ever comes, I hope both will be explored. In terms of action, my favorite would be Xin vs. Lun during the middle course of this series. I really like how Xin improved and showed his skills during their encounters. I wasn't fond of the use of CGI though tbh...

Overall, rating 8/10. Might read the manga.
 
Mar 30, 2014 12:42 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2
I will be seriously crestfallen if there isn't a third series. Claymore could have been continued also. I'm a big Three Kingdom's fan and Kingdom is right up my alley. I love all the scheming and the action!
 
Mar 31, 2014 4:55 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 1
Great episode,i can t wait season 3...Fight beetwen Qin and Zhao,Xin and Li Mu ...And i hope that Quang lei will be back soon ...Is there any news,about 3 season ?
 
Mar 31, 2014 5:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 24299
Ashaman955 said:
Great episode,i can t wait season 3...Fight beetwen Qin and Zhao,Xin and Li Mu ...And i hope that Quang lei will be back soon ...Is there any news,about 3 season ?
Nope.
 
Mar 31, 2014 8:23 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2
I'm already suffering Kingdom withdraws, so much so that I'm looking for other series that is like it. I may go back to watching the live action Three Kingdoms series.
 
Apr 1, 2014 5:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1093
klepty said:
I'm already suffering Kingdom withdraws, so much so that I'm looking for other series that is like it.
In that case, read the manga! I was in the very same situation and the manga swept me right back into the world of Kingdom.
Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

 
Apr 8, 2014 10:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 24299
fullmetalbender said:
klepty said:
I'm already suffering Kingdom withdraws, so much so that I'm looking for other series that is like it.
In that case, read the manga! I was in the very same situation and the manga swept me right back into the world of Kingdom.
Pffft. And that worked out well in the end, did it?

You don't help an addict by overdosing them!
 
Apr 8, 2014 10:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 123
Ckan said:
fullmetalbender said:
klepty said:
I'm already suffering Kingdom withdraws, so much so that I'm looking for other series that is like it.
In that case, read the manga! I was in the very same situation and the manga swept me right back into the world of Kingdom.
Pffft. And that worked out well in the end, did it?

You don't help an addict by overdosing them!


I'm still holding out strong myself, but I don't know how many more weeks I can take without the weekly Kingdom.

...Maybe I should just give in and consider reading the manga.
 
Apr 9, 2014 1:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1093
Ckan said:
fullmetalbender said:
klepty said:
I'm already suffering Kingdom withdraws, so much so that I'm looking for other series that is like it.
In that case, read the manga! I was in the very same situation and the manga swept me right back into the world of Kingdom.
Pffft. And that worked out well in the end, did it?

You don't help an addict by overdosing them!
No, you put them in rehabilitation. In the meantime, however...

Azekura said:
...just give in and consider reading the manga.
(Read it)
Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

 
Apr 9, 2014 2:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 24299
fullmetalbender said:
Ckan said:
fullmetalbender said:
klepty said:
I'm already suffering Kingdom withdraws, so much so that I'm looking for other series that is like it.
In that case, read the manga! I was in the very same situation and the manga swept me right back into the world of Kingdom.
Pffft. And that worked out well in the end, did it?

You don't help an addict by overdosing them!
No, you put them in rehabilitation. In the meantime, however...

Azekura said:
...just give in and consider reading the manga.
(Read it)

"Read it" if you're prepared for the amazing high and then the incalculable pain you will go through when you catch up, once again.
Don't forget to start from the very beginning.

You know you want to.
 
Apr 12, 2014 8:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4281
Zheng making babies. Lolololol.
Wait 'til Xin hears about it. XD

As much as I love reading manga, I don't pick them up after the anime. Why? Simply because if I see the awesomeness of the manga, the anime adaptation won't live up to it and I will already know what will happen before I watch it. Where's the excitement in that?? I cannot. I want to though.
But I want to see Xin reaching Greatest General Under the Heavens in its full glory.

Great end though. Leaves it open for another season, but also wraps up the series nicely.


And I'm not sure if it's similar enough to recommend, but Kingdom reminds me of Legend of the Galactic Heroes except in a shounen-ish way. Give it a shot if you have time.
 
May 9, 2014 4:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 1987
My man Zheng finally got his dick wet.

How is this series doing in JPN? This shit is 100x better than shitty shounen out there for sure.

Faces seemed a bit off for this season, but it grew on me somewhat towards the end.

First season was a lot more emotional imo, despite all the CG's.

Good shit /10

Will watch S3+
 
May 9, 2014 4:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 24299
flaxman85 said:
How is this series doing in JPN?
I don't think it ever made worthwhile disc sales, and I've no idea how it went ratings wise, but the manga has been hitting very strong numbers.
 
May 9, 2014 5:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 3390
Yep, unfortunately it's one of those shows which was made to boost manga sales.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
 
May 29, 2014 11:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 858
damn~ SEASON 3 PLSSSSS!

well... off to read the manga XD
 
Jun 17, 2014 8:40 AM

Online
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 212
Zheng has a child on the way! Some other nice developments in the finale and Li Mu appears to be a lot stronger than he seems.

Overall a pretty good season which I enjoyed throughout, although Wang Qi was sorely missed and there was no scene quite as epic as his last.

Hopefully a S3 comes around sooner or later, otherwise I might just move onto the manga (which I hear is a lot more graphic as opposed to the anime).
 
Jun 18, 2014 8:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 3390
I've had Sid Meier's civilization 4 for a long time but I never knew there was a scenario for the unification of china, and all 7 states are included, now to choose the state of Qin and unify the nation :D

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
 
Jun 21, 2014 12:37 PM

Online
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 212
Zee530 said:
I've had Sid Meier's civilization 4 for a long time but I never knew there was a scenario for the unification of china, and all 7 states are included, now to choose the state of Qin and unify the nation :D


Do so and become the greatest general under the heavens! ^^
 
Jun 28, 2014 3:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 50529
Jesus Fucking Christ that was a good second season, Perhaps I should have waited until all the seasons to come out and marathon it.. oh well.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
 
Aug 12, 2014 10:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 103
great series miss it already season 3 please
 
Sep 17, 2014 7:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 43
This anime reminded me a little of The Last Samurai movie.
 
Top
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »