Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 12, 2016 11:06 AM

Jul 2015
Well i wasn't expecting Zheng having a kid with that cute girl, i tough all they did was talk ahah, can't wait for an eventual third season !
Jul 26, 2016 3:36 AM

Jul 2014
Great ending, wished there was more though~ >_<

But what I can't get out of my mind from this finale is Xiang being pregnant with Zheng's child... I mean wtf, they certainly have gotten busy on their own haven't they? The news really came out of nowhere. lol. Nothing against Xiang but would've preferred for Zheng to not have any relationship with any woman for now/a little while (I know, totally unrealistic considering he's a king and all, he's bound to have a few at least). I wish Xin would "get along" (lol) with Qiang Lei or Diao in the future too―though I prefer the former.

Anyway, it's been a while since this season finished with no news of a 3rd season (bummer :c). So I suppose I'll head on over to the manga~ whoop!
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Aug 29, 2016 1:03 AM

Jun 2009
the fuck lol? so zheng and xiang went from not doing anything...no banging...and now she's preggers? i definitely missed that development. li mu is definitely a lot stronger than he looks.

season 3 when?
Sep 29, 2016 5:09 AM

Mar 2007
Need S3... zzzzzzz
Oct 15, 2016 11:22 PM

Jul 2013
Everyone here waiting on season 3 should just read the manga, from the start as well. Much better than the anime imo.
"There comes a time.... when a real man must stay and fight.... When a true friend's dream... is laughed at by someone.... Luffy is not dead, he's going to be the Pirate King someday I know he will!!!..... and that is one thing I will never let you laugh at! NEVER!" ~Usopp
Oct 18, 2016 9:20 AM

Nov 2011
Got past the anime in the manga recently, gotta admit really great developments immediately afterwards, really worth reading.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 10, 2017 12:52 AM
Nov 2014
wait... last time I remembered Zheng was a kid. Did he skip puberty and just become a father?
Jan 10, 2017 1:14 AM

Mar 2008
brightmoose said:
wait... last time I remembered Zheng was a kid. Did he skip puberty and just become a father?

iirc, he's about 17 at the start of season 2
Jun 1, 2017 11:23 AM
Apr 2017
people expect season 3. with such trash adaptation it's not gonna happen. at least the trash anime helped the masterpiece manga get the recognition it deserves and it's 3rd in top selling manga. too bad that the anime is low in rankings. with such trash anime even inside top 100 is a miracle
Jul 5, 2017 9:39 PM
Sep 2015
When did that girl manage to get pregnant? Zheng never touched her! Immaculate conception?

And the Zheng's faction is all "Yay, time to let our guard down and celebrate at the feast that our sworn enemy is going to arrange for us!"

SapioMhlo said:
people expect season 3. with such trash adaptation it's not gonna happen. at least the trash anime helped the masterpiece manga get the recognition it deserves and it's 3rd in top selling manga. too bad that the anime is low in rankings. with such trash anime even inside top 100 is a miracle

I haven't read the manga, but I'm loving the anime (aside from the usually bad combat animations). Only thing that really makes me hesitate in giving it a 9 is that Xin shutting down Diao until all her battle predictions started coming true.
kalinimeJul 5, 2017 9:45 PM
Sep 14, 2017 12:46 AM

Oct 2012
It ended in a pretty well note
We've really come a long way
Definitely enjoyed this one better than the 1st, not to mention the animation quality is just getting better and better

Kinda wished that anime like this got recognition and more popular
But in the end harem, fanservice, isekai (otherworld) always win

Hoping for 3rd season!
But seems almost impossible with the sales and popularity
"Signature removed"
Sep 14, 2017 2:07 PM

Nov 2011
Zee530 said:
Has it really only been 7 months since the show ended, it honestly feels like years to me T_T

Now officially years T_T
Manga is even more fantastic though, and an animation of the coalition arc would be beyond epic.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 4, 2017 9:19 PM
Mar 2017
Polygamy is fine in ancient China, so I'm sure we can have an ending XinxQiang and Diao (maybe Ten). Now all that Xin needs is an expert archergirl to compete against the Ten Archers haha

pd: images that come out Ten <3
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Dec 20, 2017 8:50 AM

Jun 2011
This season is terrible, almost unwatchable except for the last few episodes. I went from "I support Shin 100% how can people not want to root for him" in the first season to "I never want to see him ever again" in the second season. The story overplayed his idiocy to the point where he's actually sacrificing his own men while being an idiot, but being saved by the plot so none of his men actually died, none that mattered. Things got so much better after Ten came back, but his hard-headedness and pride are so hard to root for because it just seems like he doesn't really think at all, and that goes back to my point, his "shounen-protagonist-ness" is being overplayed without any reserve, and made worse when the plot had to go along with his shit, like how Ren Pa just decided he's not going to kill Shin because he's an idiot and he gives Ren Pa that killer look like he's the first ever to do so. (and of course being the one to inherit Ou Ki's will)

It doesn't help that the entire Sanyou Campaign arc is so long and it's not very good imo. Rin Ko stabbed Shin in both his legs and he's still able to walk/mount a horse later, it totally defeats the purpose of taking away his legs in the first place, the plot armor is ridiculous. Rin Ko decided to just tell Shin his backstory mid fight like it matters, and just everything from crowds standing around mid-war and cheering to the general 1v1 fight, as if the entire squads of military mights never mattered in the first place if it's gonna just end with general 1v1, like, they should've done that in the first place. This entire arc also feels like a "build Shin up" arc.

The intended rivalry between Shin and Ou Hon is pretty unwatchable, it didn't develop very well imo. Being insufferable is not the same as building good rivalry. The rivalry interaction between them doesn't feel very layered, it's your cliche exchanges, nothing more nothing less. Mou Ten is.. just there.

I like Kyou Kai but I can't help but feel like she's only a shipping material for Shin, as of now. You can tell, every time they interact, Shin acts differently. He allows Kyou Kai to dictate the pace in their relationship, though with recent revelation that Ten is indeed a lady, it seems like Shin just couldn't deal with the ladies very well, though there's still that special something between Kyou Kai and Shin. I hope to see something more between Shin and Kyou Kai, something more than just them oozing "get a room already" when Shin is with her.

Funny Karyo Ten is still my favorite character in the show, season 1 Karyo Ten is funny as heck and made watching so much more enjoyable.

Shin is not fun to watch anymore, he grew dumber since the death of Ou Ki, thought he was gonna develop differently, but I guess author just wanna hammer in the importance of Ten in the scheme of things. Shin is still not root-able though, I understand now how the fans feel about Kingdom, not liking Shin but love the series. I love the story but I dislike most of everything with Shin.

P.S. A lot of Kingdom themes remind me of One Piece.

edit: Kou and You's voice acting are terrible.
ToG25thBaamDec 20, 2017 9:17 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 23, 2019 6:49 AM

Jul 2015
Damn end of this second season, it has been 5 years and still no sight of a third season, guess we will have to give it up unless they plan a remake in the future which I doubt.

Jul 18, 2019 1:32 PM

Feb 2013
I knew that guy wasn't just smart.
Feb 23, 2020 7:58 AM

Aug 2013
Zheng now will have a child with Xiang. Congrats to both of them.

Well, Qiang Lei will return for the third season but I already miss her.

7/10 for this season. I will now read the manga from the beginning.

Feb 10, 2021 10:05 AM
May 2019
Li,Mu is the most dangerous enemy in futures
and I miss already Lei Qiang :(
This season is better than the previous
9/10 for me
Apr 9, 2021 7:03 AM
Apr 2021
The best anime in the world
Apr 15, 2021 1:13 AM
Nov 2019
I was not surprised when I heard that Zheng's girlfriend is pregnant, I expected it. I wonder if Xin will fight with biao in s3 , with what Ou Qi has left behind to Xin.
gosilvrsaApr 15, 2021 1:22 AM
Jan 25, 2022 6:11 PM

Dec 2007
lot of things happened in this last episode, i will try to make it short (because i'm tired lol).
first thing, zheng have a baby. and while this is reason to party, it have vibes as zheng somehow going to use the power of it to win against lu-buwei, now that she's not some regular attendant.
on the shin side though, i liked how they made the lu mu being in flashback rather than in regular continuation, it made sense since this is final episode and the tense of this brand new arc was demolished, but still somehow in the air.

about the season.
shin truly developed a lot in this one. though the main war was dragged little too much, and as if the opening could talked, it told us that's going to be the main event of this season. there was also zheng's backstory which was dragged too, and in the end this season had too few events comparing the first season.
with that being said, the main improvement in this season was the animation, the CGI had been reduced and the shounen style animation in the first season that so bothered me had gone and finally we have more serious tone of animation.
so though this season hadn't been perfect, it fixed major flaws of the first season, and the decent story of kingdom is just getting better with every arc and shin's obstacle coming, so while this season wasn't perfect it was indeed good to be better than the first in some terms.
9/10
May 5, 2022 2:44 AM

May 2020
damn shin has come such a long way from where he was at s1
and zhangs having a child??????

I've heard that season 3 has the greatest war arc in all of kingdom
and well I'm hyped

so onto season 3 now ig
Homura24May 5, 2022 2:48 AM

May 5, 2022 2:51 AM

May 2020
Darken365 said:
Hello everyone, this is Darken... from the future. I can confirm that we indeed have not received a season 3 in 2019, five years after the last season of the anime aired. Fear not however for there will be a live action film in April in the vicinity of my home time. Let us hope that the movie gives much needed momentum to the franchise as the manga continues and further in the future we get a season three.

I can also confirm that Kingdom 2nd season still looks better than many anime made in my timeline, sadly.

This has been Darken... from the future,
Thank you for your *time*.

hello this is homura from further in the future and I've come to let you know that a season 3 has come out and a season 4 is airing rn

Aug 5, 2022 5:03 PM

Apr 2018
A bit better than the first season in terms of animation and artstyle. The 2D animation and CGI were alright but sometimes it really sucked hard. Well, manga's still superior but I'm starting season 3 from now on and it has a big change I guess.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 6, 2022 8:59 PM

Jul 2013
Outta nowhere Zheng has a kid, this could be a powerful political move though. Also, they're really not gonna punish Xin in anyway for insubordination? Great then. Also, great season.

Dec 29, 2023 12:10 PM
Aug 2022
thank god an heir, so his dick is working
Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion

babymilo91 - Oct 7, 2013

26 by EMK3407 »»
Mar 8, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zee530 - Jun 9, 2013

62 by JordansBored »»
Feb 19, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion

Andyis - Oct 28, 2013

41 by Adr332 »»
Feb 10, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Sep 7, 2013

42 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 29, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 30 Discussion

Bleachway - Dec 29, 2013

41 by Yukissionator »»
Jan 19, 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.