Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 39 Discussion

Oct 15, 2014 8:59 AM

Aww, Zheng is going to be a father. And I hope Qiang Lei returns soon. Hoping for a third season

Oct 15, 2014 11:50 AM

Has it really only been 7 months since the show ended, it honestly feels like years to me T_T

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime

Oct 16, 2014 6:03 PM

Still praying for that third season. We'll get it eventually, by the Ancestors and Gods willing.

Oct 16, 2014 8:26 PM

Great second season!
Likewise hoping for S3 soon :)

9/10.

Oct 17, 2014 2:13 AM

If there are no announcements by the end of the year i'll finally just pick up the manga.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime

Oct 17, 2014 2:19 AM

If you have time, pick it up from the start for bonus Kyoukai that the anime skipped over.

Oct 17, 2014 6:52 AM

No problem there, i never half ass my manga, i always read from the start.

Oct 25, 2014 11:33 PM
So sad this is the last episode. This anime really grew on me, second season was much better than the first season and more warefare/strategy/character development. 9/10 I hope for a 3rd season

Nov 11, 2014 8:00 PM

Zee530 said:
If there are no announcements by the end of the year i'll finally just pick up the manga.

Dec 1, 2014 6:39 AM

Ying Zheng's got a kid!! Yes my ship is at its destination. It probably happened that night Zheng was sweet talking Xiang about her scar.

I need season 3 like right now. This has really become one of my favorite anime of all time. Hopefully no cg next season.

And lmao Chengjiao solved Zheng's problem so easily, but now we have to worry about another coup once they beat Lu Buwei.

Oh and for a second I thought Li Xin was going to cut down Li Mu but then he got pushed back and I was like 'Wtf?!' Li Mu's a damn monster. Thats crazy.

I was hoping He Liao Diao wouldve set up a communication channel with Qin and Xu. That couldve been very beneficial for Qin. Although Xu has close to nothing to gain from it since Qin wouldnt be able to send reinforcements if Xu was in danger, but they do owe the Feixin unit their lives.

Dec 31, 2014 3:22 AM

Oh why oh why did things have to end especially when it was getting so great ??? I really hope for a season 3.I had no idea that Zheng and Xiang were having that kind of relationship.I thought they were only 'talking' lol and we know that alone doesn't create children lol.Anyways it's kinda cool that Zheng's gonna be a father,hopefully mommy dearest will survive long enough to birth Zheng's heir especially with Lu Buwei around.I am quite interested in finding out what exactly Li Mu is scheming but I guess we won't...until season 3? (hopefully) *Goes off to read manga*
Modified by Incr3dibl3, Dec 31, 2014 10:41 PM

Jan 13, 2015 6:12 AM

Great series. I liked the second season more than the first because you have characters like meng tian,wang ben and lun hu. I also liked the internal struggle for power going on within the state of Qin. Where's season 3 at?!!

Apr 17, 2015 9:35 PM

Great season, hopefully a 3rd season is in development.

I did some digging on the real history of Xin and his military achievements.

1. 228 BC, Li Xin leads Qin state army to attack Taiyuan city, he and Wang Jian attacked Zhao state, Zhao state was defeated.

2. 226 BC, Li Xin attacks the prince of Yan state, he and Wan Pen (Wang Jian's son) attack Yan state together, Yan state was defeated.

3. 225 BC, Li Xin and Meng Tian attack Chu state together, Li Xin's army fight with Xiang Yan's army (famous general of Chu state), Li Xin win at first but then gets defeated.

4. 221 BC, Li Xin and Wang Pen attacks Qi state, Qi state was defeated.

source http://historum.com/asian-history/78426-li-xin-qin-biodata.html

Seems like Li Mu falls fairly early haha.
Modified by derprume, Apr 17, 2015 9:41 PM

Jul 7, 2015 12:31 PM

I enjoyed this season as much as the second half of the first season. Also in this season the animation has been impoved a lot. Hopefully this series will receive a third season as well.

Jul 9, 2015 2:02 PM

That extremely empty feeling when one of your favorite shows ends. Somebody hold me.

Aug 17, 2015 12:59 AM

Well that was a semi clean wrap up but this needs a season 3.

I give this a 7/10

Jan 8, 2016 7:32 PM

Man, there needs to be a 3rd season to this show. The ending felt a little bit rushed but I can but I can understand why, still a great show and if it ever ends up getting a third season you know I'm gonna be watching it.

Jan 10, 2016 8:53 AM

Started the manga a few weeks ago, slightly better than the anime i have to admit, great art and uncensored.

Jan 11, 2016 5:48 PM
i hope the reason for delay of 3rd season is to make better animation. i'm not one from those that say animation > everything else, but this adaptation deserves to have good animation(at least like One Piece Z movie), cause manga is epic, and not poor quality CG. i don't like it when good manga like this get adapted by low budget studios that use poor quality CG. if it's CG like Karas, maybe i wouldn't mind at all. i bet that if animation was better, the ratting of anime would be way higher. i bet that the low rating of season 1 is cause of bad animation/art. in lot of cases it looked like it's a cutscene from ps2 game
Modified by Ginki, Jan 11, 2016 5:53 PM

Jan 16, 2016 7:59 AM

Well now I just feel cheated for ''giving this a try''. Ended up loving it too much, binge watched the hell out of it , only to find out it ''ends'' at SUCH a crucial part in the story ! There BETTER be a season 3 in the making!

Jul 12, 2016 11:06 AM

Well i wasn't expecting Zheng having a kid with that cute girl, i tough all they did was talk ahah, can't wait for an eventual third season !
"All men are jealous and stupid, and all women are stupid to be happy about it, idiots are everywhere you look!"

Holo-Spice And Wolf

Jul 26, 2016 3:36 AM

Great ending, wished there was more though~ >_<

But what I can't get out of my mind from this finale is Xiang being pregnant with Zheng's child... I mean wtf, they certainly have gotten busy on their own haven't they? The news really came out of nowhere. lol. Nothing against Xiang but would've preferred for Zheng to not have any relationship with any woman for now/a little while (I know, totally unrealistic considering he's a king and all, he's bound to have a few at least). I wish Xin would "get along" (lol) with Qiang Lei or Diao in the future too―though I prefer the former.

Anyway, it's been a while since this season finished with no news of a 3rd season (bummer :c). So I suppose I'll head on over to the manga~ whoop!
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .

Aug 29, 2016 1:03 AM

the fuck lol? so zheng and xiang went from not doing anything...no banging...and now she's preggers? i definitely missed that development. li mu is definitely a lot stronger than he looks.

season 3 when?

Sep 29, 2016 5:09 AM

Need S3... zzzzzzz

Oct 15, 2016 11:22 PM

Everyone here waiting on season 3 should just read the manga, from the start as well. Much better than the anime imo.
"There comes a time.... when a real man must stay and fight.... When a true friend's dream... is laughed at by someone.... Luffy is not dead, he's going to be the Pirate King someday I know he will!!!..... and that is one thing I will never let you laugh at! NEVER!" ~Usopp

Oct 18, 2016 9:20 AM

Got past the anime in the manga recently, gotta admit really great developments immediately afterwards, really worth reading.

Jan 10, 2017 12:52 AM
wait... last time I remembered Zheng was a kid. Did he skip puberty and just become a father?

Jan 10, 2017 1:14 AM

brightmoose said:
wait... last time I remembered Zheng was a kid. Did he skip puberty and just become a father?

iirc, he's about 17 at the start of season 2

Jun 1, 2017 11:23 AM
people expect season 3. with such trash adaptation it's not gonna happen. at least the trash anime helped the masterpiece manga get the recognition it deserves and it's 3rd in top selling manga. too bad that the anime is low in rankings. with such trash anime even inside top 100 is a miracle

Jul 5, 2017 9:39 PM
When did that girl manage to get pregnant? Zheng never touched her! Immaculate conception?

And the Zheng's faction is all "Yay, time to let our guard down and celebrate at the feast that our sworn enemy is going to arrange for us!"

SapioMhlo said:
people expect season 3. with such trash adaptation it's not gonna happen. at least the trash anime helped the masterpiece manga get the recognition it deserves and it's 3rd in top selling manga. too bad that the anime is low in rankings. with such trash anime even inside top 100 is a miracle

I haven't read the manga, but I'm loving the anime (aside from the usually bad combat animations). Only thing that really makes me hesitate in giving it a 9 is that Xin shutting down Diao until all her battle predictions started coming true.
Modified by kalinime, Jul 5, 2017 9:45 PM

Sep 14, 2017 12:46 AM

It ended in a pretty well note
We've really come a long way
Definitely enjoyed this one better than the 1st, not to mention the animation quality is just getting better and better

Kinda wished that anime like this got recognition and more popular
But in the end harem, fanservice, isekai (otherworld) always win

Hoping for 3rd season!
But seems almost impossible with the sales and popularity
"Signature removed"

Sep 14, 2017 2:07 PM

Zee530 said:
Has it really only been 7 months since the show ended, it honestly feels like years to me T_T

Now officially years T_T
Manga is even more fantastic though, and an animation of the coalition arc would be beyond epic.

Nov 4, 2017 9:19 PM
Polygamy is fine in ancient China, so I'm sure we can have an ending XinxQiang and Diao (maybe Ten). Now all that Xin needs is an expert archergirl to compete against the Ten Archers haha

pd: images that come out Ten <3
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.

Dec 20, 2017 8:50 AM

This season is terrible, almost unwatchable except for the last few episodes. I went from "I support Shin 100% how can people not want to root for him" in the first season to "I never want to see him ever again" in the second season. The story overplayed his idiocy to the point where he's actually sacrificing his own men while being an idiot, but being saved by the plot so none of his men actually died, none that mattered. Things got so much better after Ten came back, but his hard-headedness and pride are so hard to root for because it just seems like he doesn't really think at all, and that goes back to my point, his "shounen-protagonist-ness" is being overplayed without any reserve, and made worse when the plot had to go along with his shit, like how Ren Pa just decided he's not going to kill Shin because he's an idiot and he gives Ren Pa that killer look like he's the first ever to do so. (and of course being the one to inherit Ou Ki's will)

It doesn't help that the entire Sanyou Campaign arc is so long and it's not very good imo. Rin Ko stabbed Shin in both his legs and he's still able to walk/mount a horse later, it totally defeats the purpose of taking away his legs in the first place, the plot armor is ridiculous. Rin Ko decided to just tell Shin his backstory mid fight like it matters, and just everything from crowds standing around mid-war and cheering to the general 1v1 fight, as if the entire squads of military mights never mattered in the first place if it's gonna just end with general 1v1, like, they should've done that in the first place. This entire arc also feels like a "build Shin up" arc.

The intended rivalry between Shin and Ou Hon is pretty unwatchable, it didn't develop very well imo. Being insufferable is not the same as building good rivalry. The rivalry interaction between them doesn't feel very layered, it's your cliche exchanges, nothing more nothing less. Mou Ten is.. just there.

I like Kyou Kai but I can't help but feel like she's only a shipping material for Shin, as of now. You can tell, every time they interact, Shin acts differently. He allows Kyou Kai to dictate the pace in their relationship, though with recent revelation that Ten is indeed a lady, it seems like Shin just couldn't deal with the ladies very well, though there's still that special something between Kyou Kai and Shin. I hope to see something more between Shin and Kyou Kai, something more than just them oozing "get a room already" when Shin is with her.

Funny Karyo Ten is still my favorite character in the show, season 1 Karyo Ten is funny as heck and made watching so much more enjoyable.

Shin is not fun to watch anymore, he grew dumber since the death of Ou Ki, thought he was gonna develop differently, but I guess author just wanna hammer in the importance of Ten in the scheme of things. Shin is still not root-able though, I understand now how the fans feel about Kingdom, not liking Shin but love the series. I love the story but I dislike most of everything with Shin.

P.S. A lot of Kingdom themes remind me of One Piece.

edit: Kou and You's voice acting are terrible.
Modified by ToG25thBaam, Dec 20, 2017 9:17 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Jan 7, 4:40 AM

Hello everyone, this is Darken... from the future. I can confirm that we indeed have not received a season 3 in 2019, five years after the last season of the anime aired. Fear not however for there will be a live action film in April in the vicinity of my home time. Let us hope that the movie gives much needed momentum to the franchise as the manga continues and further in the future we get a season three.

I can also confirm that Kingdom 2nd season still looks better than many anime made in my timeline, sadly.

This has been Darken... from the future,
Thank you for your *time*.

Jun 23, 6:49 AM

Damn end of this second season, it has been 5 years and still no sight of a third season, guess we will have to give it up unless they plan a remake in the future which I doubt.
Konichiwa fellow weebs
Noot Noot, mah brothas
Hee zeg makker

Jul 18, 1:32 PM

I knew that guy wasn't just smart.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]