Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 1, 2014 1:36 PM

Jul 2012
Hmmm... I'm actually interested to see how this show will hold up romance-wise. It hasn't really touched upon it that much until now. Hopefully it won't interfere with the rest of the story.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Mar 1, 2014 1:39 PM

Jan 2012
I think I'm saying this all the time but Minori pisses me off so fucking much... I don't why, I just find her annoying...
And I didn't like how she interrupted Shiroe and Akatsuki when they were talking... that was pretty rude imo oO even though I actually don't like Akatsuki that much either..
I'm kinda disappointed by how this show turned out to be...
Mar 1, 2014 1:41 PM

Oct 2013
Damn, worst episode out of them all so far. Just chucking in a random love triangle... with a middle schooler -,- Shiroe is 23 while Minori is 14 facepalm. I never liked Minori in the first place but this episode made me hate her. The next episode also seems like a waste :/ I really hope they wont ruin this like SAO because of making every single girl interested in the protagonist for no reason and poorly execute it.
I am a human.
Mar 1, 2014 1:45 PM

Dec 2013
Yay, they showed a gundam!

Basically it means it's not even worth watching even at x2.0 speed
Beta never gives up
Never hide, Never be discouraged
Never accept friendzone
Mar 1, 2014 2:22 PM
Jul 2013
They add romance to the series when in the final episodes, it does not seem a good idea to end well.
Mar 1, 2014 2:24 PM
Oct 2013
The important part about this arc , is not about shiroe x akatsuki / minori relationship .
This is just "a calm before storm" . And....that "storm" is in season 2 :( :( :(
Mar 1, 2014 2:28 PM

Jun 2008
vengy117 said:
I mean, don't we still have a goblin king to defeat?

They don't need to, as you see in the last episode, the goblin army is completely under control of the Alliance, and them letting the Goblin King lives will allow more quests for the Adventurers.

They were a threat when it was unchecked, and they manage to amass many monsters. Now they're used for Farming EXP and stuff.

Apology said:
They add romance to the series when in the final episodes, it does not seem a good idea to end well.

Can't really help it, both volume 6 and 7 are about the Minami Arc, and that's not done yet (roughly 8 episodes if it was made), so they can't just skip a whole volume because the build up for that is in Volume 5.
Volume 5 is once again used as character, relationship and world building, and like most people say, it's the calm before the storm, with the first point is when the mysterious girl told the story of Shiroe and his Grand Magic.
kaimaxMar 1, 2014 2:37 PM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Mar 1, 2014 2:33 PM

Oct 2011
Feel sorry for Minori : (
Mar 1, 2014 2:36 PM
Oct 2013
When minori shout "shiroe is mine !!" , i feel "villain aura" in minori O_o
LOL
I hope mamare doest make any "teacher vs his former student" plot in LH O_o
Mar 1, 2014 2:53 PM

Mar 2013
Am I the only one who watched the ED? They pretty much were shipping Shiroe x Akatsuki since day one.
[Nothing to see here. Move along.]
Mar 1, 2014 2:59 PM
Jun 2012
I kind of like how they developed this part of the story. Minori's crush on Shiroe isn't that far off from how a gradeschooler might develop a crush on his or her teacher. They even called it out as such at the end after the credits. There really isn't that much wrong with it as Shiroe's just playing along for the most part. The fact that he treats both Minori and Akatsuki as kids proves that much.

Sure they resorted to using a love triangle which is somewhat unoriginal, but at least they didn't draw it out for too long. They wrapped it up pretty nicely by the end of the episode.

As far as the show taking things slow, I'm alright with them taking it slow instead of rushing things ahead (*ehm* SAO). In my opinion, I think they've done a great job with this anime so far, so I'd hate to see them spoil it now.

Also, Tohya was a complete bro at the end.
FlierFin663Mar 1, 2014 3:05 PM
Mar 1, 2014 3:20 PM

Jun 2010
Oh wow, I'd like to meet Minori and stick a middle finger to her face. I hate this kinds of characters. They don't realize their position. She is a fucking kid and Shiroe is already an adult! Somebody need to spell that out to her. It's not like Shiroe is like 30 and she is 20. That is different. She's still a gradeschooler, why would she cry and weep on the floor because Akatsuki likes Shiroe? Does she not realize that Shiroe would never hit on her because she's still a fucking kid or did she thought it wouldnt matter because they are just in a game or MAYBE SHE JUST LOST HER FUCKING MIND. I mean it is ok to have crush on Shiroe but she might as well know that there is no way that they would end up together right? So no need to overreact like you just lost your most important partner in your life.

I don't understand why are they pushing Minori as Akatsuki's rival. It's understandable if it's the teaparty's leader but man they didn't even show a hint or sign that Minori liked Shiroe in a romantic way in these past episodes. She just tried to suddenly confessed last episode and we are supposed to feel pity to her because she likes him soooooooo much? It was shown that Minori admired Shiroe as a mentor and a senior to the game but wow... Are they so desperate to progress Akatsuki x Shiroe's romance that they need to just suddenly put a rival right now? Akatsuki x Shiroe could have progressed with just them.

Anyways, I hope we great conclusion at the end of this series. I hope they stop with the Minori thingy.. She is on Akatsuki's way D:
Mar 1, 2014 3:34 PM

Dec 2010
No action, but surprisingly really good episode.

Minori <3 Akatsuki <3

Now if this episode just had Serara it would have been perfect.
Mar 1, 2014 3:48 PM

Jan 2013
Akatsuki best choice Akatsuki only choice!

I suspect this will end a bit open airly, and will get a S2.
Mar 1, 2014 4:09 PM

Nov 2009
More Akatsuki and Shiroe scenes please!

This episode is a 'calm before the storm' type. This series hasn't let me down even once so I'll have faith that this arc will be great.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2014 4:15 PM
Apr 2013
Is this going to be a multi-season series?
Mar 1, 2014 4:25 PM

May 2012
Akatsuki all the way, she's so cute in this ep.. I fell awkward during Minori's dilemma..

Mar 1, 2014 4:38 PM

Dec 2011
Wow. That was so not a Log Horizon episode. It is filled with love. Ah. Minori...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2014 4:55 PM

Jul 2013
Dat Akatsuki doll :D
Henrietta goes straight into Shiroe's growing harem.
lolol at everything that happened at the Cake Buffet. All those stares towards him.
Minori and Akatsuki feeding him :p
"I'd rather fight a dozen raid bosses at once!" XD
lol fat Shiroe after that
Aww Minori..
xchee said:

No Minori, just NO! I can defend your imitating Shiroe's tactics and being emo but don't you dare come between Shiroe x Akatsuki aka OTP. NO! GO AWAY! SHOO! I'll sic Crusty on you if you keep on this path.

Hahaha XD
Mar 1, 2014 5:14 PM

Dec 2012
So there are only 3 episodes to go now...and there seems to be virtually no build up to any climax...kind of worried for this series...
Even if it does get a second season to continue on the story this seems like a bad way to end off a season.
Mar 1, 2014 5:18 PM
Aug 2009
One is a middle schooler. One is an adult around the same age as you. Decision can't be that hard to make can it?
Mar 1, 2014 5:18 PM

Apr 2010
My Akatsuki senses are tingling!!!!

Mar 1, 2014 5:22 PM
May 2013
worst episode by far.

it went from action, adventure, fantasy,strategy to some kind of retarded harem and slice of life combo

another series ruined...
Mar 1, 2014 5:32 PM

Jun 2008
Nicobade said:
So there are only 3 episodes to go now...and there seems to be virtually no build up to any climax...kind of worried for this series...
Even if it does get a second season to continue on the story this seems like a bad way to end off a season.

Quoating myself
kaimax said:

Can't really help it, both volume 6 and 7 are about the Minami Arc, and that's not done yet (roughly 8 episodes if it was made), so they can't just skip a whole volume because the build up for that is in Volume 5.
Volume 5 is once again used as character, relationship and world building, and like most people say, it's the calm before the storm, with the first point is when the mysterious girl told the story of Shiroe and his Grand Magic.

It's going to end on a big ass Cliffhanger seting up for the new arc for Volume 6 and 7. IF you're that easily worried just because one episode took a breather:
Whole timeline of the Libra Festival (Fuck "Scale Festival"), AKA Volume 5

Mod Note: Spoiler removed. Even if it is within tags future plot points should not be revealed. You can say however, as some people have, that the remaining episodes are important foundation building for future story arcs.

People going full retard just because one episode. facepalm...
It's like they don't know the Writing style of Touno Mamare.
rodacMar 2, 2014 3:22 AM

Mar 1, 2014 5:33 PM

Jan 2011
Found myself skipping a lot of this episode don't care for any romance in LH just isn't what i watch it for
Mar 1, 2014 5:43 PM

Nov 2008
It was a nice relaxing episode after all the action from the goblin war. That cake buffet was hilarious.
Minori is entering a bad route :/ I think she's just mistaking admiration for love.
Mar 1, 2014 5:43 PM

Feb 2008
I agree with some, only 3 eps left and we got this...
Akatsuki was cute in kimono but Minori acting like a hurt girlfriend was totally out of space so IMO 2/5 this episode
Mar 1, 2014 5:52 PM

Jun 2008
Duma said:
I agree with some, only 3 eps left and we got this...

You can't really say "3 eps left we got this". this is actually the production team just following it very closely to the books, but it's just that it coincided with the last 3 episodes available to the production.
the problem is, there are several plot points that will be inserted in these peaceful times. And Once again, Touno Mamare balances his story telling, Volume 5 is back at character/relationship/world building.

So, they're not making these last episodes just to reap in short term sugar rush action, but actually just following the proper build up from the book for the next Arc.
kaimaxMar 1, 2014 5:56 PM

Mar 1, 2014 5:55 PM

Jan 2014
unlike the many epsiode before, this episode kinda rush, its not very feelsy and have a lot of strange things...

Minori is really nice, she break the ice and keeps the conversation going, i can really see how awkward its feel when sitting with someone and saying nothing, such a pressure.

Poor girl, but gotta love that line "Shiroe is mine!!" :p
Mar 1, 2014 6:01 PM

Sep 2012
Wait.

How old is Minori again?
So long as you yourself enjoy it, what does the thoughts of others matter to you?
Mar 1, 2014 6:32 PM

Sep 2010
"This is a problem. What should I do?" - Quite an understatement Shiroe. xD

For a moment, I thought Akatsuki would actually let Henrietta dress her. Good thing she didn't. Henrietta would probably have selected something ridiculous.

Kanako giving them whole cakes instead of slices in exchange for letting Shiroe take two girls in. xD

"I'd rather fight a dozen raid bosses at once!" - Unfortunately, MMORPG combat tactics are useless here. xD
Mar 1, 2014 6:38 PM

Aug 2012
I felt my heart tear when I saw Minori heartbroken at the end. But then it all turned out ok :)
Great episode, good change of pace after being in a deep arc. Few episodes left!
Mar 1, 2014 6:43 PM

Apr 2011
Didn't really like this episode at all. I'm not a big fan of Akatsuki and was glad that she hadn't been very prominent in recent episodes. Then they dump a huge stinking load of Akatsuki crap right in my lap. It felt like filler, and not a very wise use of time when we only have 3 episodes left. Dislike dislike dislike.

1/5
Mar 1, 2014 6:51 PM
Dec 2013
Say no to both of them. One is a true loli and the other is a legal loli. He should just wait for Kanami to come back or choose Henrietta. His Kanami flashbacks are way better than any Akatsuki or Minori moment.
Mar 1, 2014 7:10 PM

Jul 2011
Blind_Guardian said:
Didn't really like this episode at all. I'm not a big fan of Akatsuki and was glad that she hadn't been very prominent in recent episodes. Then they dump a huge stinking load of Akatsuki crap right in my lap. It felt like filler, and not a very wise use of time when we only have 3 episodes left. Dislike dislike dislike.

1/5

You'll enjoy s2 if and when we get it then. Starts with a whole books worth of Akatsuki focus.
Mar 1, 2014 7:40 PM

Sep 2013
I just dont get it. Maoyu Maou Yuusha, another story/anime by Mamare Touno, had an entire cast of ADULT women and here Log Horizon is with a damned love triangle between a ~25-yo guy, a ~25-yo woman with a body smaller than middle-schooler, and an ACTUAL middle-schooler. Just, what the hell, man...
Mar 1, 2014 7:51 PM

Nov 2011
HenriettaxShiroe seems the most natural, but I ship our Villain in Glasses with our little role-playing ninja. I want to see more character development with Akatsuki *^*
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
Mar 1, 2014 7:57 PM

Nov 2013
Some of the people posting saying "anime ruined" or "dropped" really leave me speechless. These are the same type of people who say an anime is ruined if it doesn't follow its source material, but when log horizon does it, they complain that is filler and garbage. It's almost like they complain for the sake of complaining
Anime gave me more life lessons than school
Mar 1, 2014 8:33 PM

Jan 2013
zerriet said:
Some of the people posting saying "anime ruined" or "dropped" really leave me speechless. These are the same type of people who say an anime is ruined if it doesn't follow its source material, but when log horizon does it, they complain that is filler and garbage. It's almost like they complain for the sake of complaining

People are complaining because this episode-following source material or not- was legitimately terrible. Before this episode came out there were 4 more episodes before the end of the season and they just wasted one.

It's definitely not a reason to drop the series, especially this late, but it was no doubt the worst episode to date. 1/5
Mar 1, 2014 8:43 PM

Nov 2013
SharifEbeefE said:
zerriet said:

People are complaining because this episode-following source material or not- was legitimately terrible. Before this episode came out there were 4 more episodes before the end of the season and they just wasted one.

It's definitely not a reason to drop the series, especially this late, but it was no doubt the worst episode to date. 1/5

I can see what you mean and I respect that. However I would like to point out that should they omit this episode, some of the the future developments will become more out of placed. Furthermore, I am kind of glad they had this episode since it is a relaxed episode apart from the whole plot they had going before, there was a risk that should they continue, it might seem as if they are dragging the problem but this is just my 2 cents
Anime gave me more life lessons than school
Mar 1, 2014 8:45 PM

Oct 2013
Im just still surprised they are not mentioning how they wanna go back to their world or even find a way,it feels so strange.

Episode was good,4/5 dongers.
Mar 1, 2014 9:12 PM

Apr 2013
Minori needs to back the fuck up from Shiroe.

Akatsuki x Shiroe niqqa
What are you looking here for
Mar 1, 2014 9:19 PM

Aug 2013
I really felt bad for Minori, but I'm not sure how i feel about a middle school girl having a thing for a college student. /shrug
My Candies:
Mar 1, 2014 9:20 PM
Jan 2014
This episode was rife with self-referencing and anime/pop culture easter eggs. Here's what I've noticed, I'm sure others will recognize more:

00:14 - What appears to be a giant inflatable cat-shaped bouncy house on the building's rooftop, similar to the infamous Pikachu vagina meme http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c272/smi-o/New%20pix/Pikachu.jpg except the entrance appears to be the cat's butt.

00:25 - Princess Lennessia wood figurines marketed with modern "Only 40 of each edition" verbiage and signage used in modern merchandising collectibles. "500 Gold Until Monday 13:00". Recurring background characters are gawking lustfully at the figurines like stereotypical male geeks.

01:11 - Ersatz Gundam cosplay to lower left. Sahuagin hat to lower right.

01:21 - The costumed figure's hand sign reads "Kigurumi Club". Other kigurumi wearers are nearby

05:03 - Why does Akatsuki's plush have a yellow 'T" on its chest?

05:16 - Henrietta is clutching 3 plushes (left to right): (who is that on the left?), Akatsuki, Minori

10:12 - In Akatsuki's stash, there's Tanuki statue at the right, signifying this is a collection of junk. I'm sure there are other typically Japanese souvenirs and tchotchkes that I'm not aware of among the weapons and a paper-covered firework/bomb. I'm particularly curious about those ninja-egg/ball things, and what are those brown round things (shoes?) to the left? edit: Those round shoes are mizugumo, i.e. ninja shoes for walking on water.

10:27 - At the booth at the top, a suit of armor I'm pretty sure is from MD Geist with its trademark yellow on black color scheme and the bent hockey pads on the arms. That ship in the top right booth looks like it could be a reference too.

11:36 - Guy to left wearing a Sahuagin hat. Guy on right wearing a Ocypete hat.

11:37 - Someone in a Danboard cosplay.

11:40 - We can see the entrance archway and stairs to Cafe Kanako in the background where the cake scene will occur later in the episode.

13:51 - As somebody noted earlier, the cake with the 3 of them caricatured in icing or marzipan. There's also a goblin face in the brown/red cake. Another view angle of the cakes at 14:04 and later.

16:10 - Again, as somebody noted earlier, somebody in a "Gundam" cosplay. The helmeted figure with his back to the view resembles classic Gundam villain Char Aznable.

16:18 - The Kigurumi club makes another appearance as does the Sahuagin hat. I'm pretty sure there should be more, I'm particularly suspicious of the "tall starfish" cosplay with his back to us and the gal with the round brown face hat to the right. There could be more references in the scene.

16:27 - Ocypete hat again.

Times are based on a horribly subtitled copy of the episode, as are the translations of the signs.
zabadohMar 1, 2014 9:53 PM
Mar 1, 2014 9:25 PM

Apr 2013
I wanted to smack Minori when she said "Shiroe-san is mine!" After that I alternated between derisive laughter and annoyance.
Mar 1, 2014 9:28 PM
Oct 2007
I don't like that Akatsuki is getting the Asuna treatment. She was so bad ass the first episodes.
Mar 1, 2014 9:41 PM

Dec 2012
I didn't mind this episode being uneventful and actually liked it up until Minori revealed that she likes Shiroe. Normally I'm not against romance elements regardless of it being taboo or not, but it just seems off. Guess I'll see what they plan to do with it, but I really did prefer it when it was just her admiring Shiroe in an apprentice/master relationship and trying to follow in his footsteps.
Mar 1, 2014 10:01 PM

Oct 2013
Interestin love triangle
Mar 1, 2014 10:45 PM

Feb 2012
I loved Shiroe and Henrietta interaction this episode. I hope they get together in the end. I enjoyed this episode. 4/5
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.