Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 1, 2014 12:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE LIGHT NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That Akatsuki doll is so cuteeeee <3

Anyways, it was cute to see Akatsuki in this episode, a lot of it too. Akatsuki with hair down in yukata. I found this episode to be relaxing again. Those bakery goods make me very hungry.

I got some feels for Minori this episode. Poor girl...;.;
rodacMar 2, 2014 3:17 AM
Mar 1, 2014 12:53 AM

Nov 2007
Two girls wanting to invite main guy, who is overworking, for cake pair eating. Festival time. lol @ Assassin girl doll. The little girl is for people to understand him, and assassin girl is for herself, who seem to just realize that it's "date".

lol @ him decided to go for 3, and the goal of the competition was "pair". lol @ hatred from behind. That cake maid is such an evil that giving 12 whole cakes. Assassin girl's action to him made the girl realize both girls like him.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 1, 2014 12:58 AM

Dec 2009
Darn, this episode. Traditional School Festival trope much? Cake eating and everything. Well Shiroe's harem keeps on growing. XD

Anyways this just reinforces the hate heaped upon Shiroe, considering there's a lot of NEETs populating Akiba as seen when Lenessia was invited last episode. xP

Also that Akatsuki doll. So qt. :3
Mar 1, 2014 3:34 AM

Dec 2011
I love both of them, how am I supposedly to choose one between them <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2014 4:58 AM
Jan 2013
I wonder why kind of climax will in store for the last 3 episodes?
Mar 1, 2014 5:10 AM

Sep 2011
Pretty lax episode again. I'm really curious on how they're going to end the show though with only 3 episodes to go.
Mar 1, 2014 5:14 AM
Nov 2013
Tyrel said:
Pretty lax episode again. I'm really curious on how they're going to end the show though with only 3 episodes to go.

cliffhanger for season 2, I guess.

but u gonna have to wait very long because Minami Arc is still not resolve in LN version
Mar 1, 2014 5:30 AM
Jan 2014
A love triangle really?

What you lost ways to make some real character development and drama, and went with something that has been beaten to death?

Still it was not a bad episode. It had humourous moments.

Mar 1, 2014 5:31 AM

Aug 2010
Well, that wasn't what I expected when I saw the pv XD

Didn't expect the drama to go to the extent of Minori crying. Poor Minori :(

I like both girls but Minori ending up with Shiroe would be pretty weird. She's a middle schooler! That's about at least 10 years difference from Shiroe XD
Nice conversation with Tohya. The kid is pretty mature ^^

I wonder if Minori knows how old Akatsuki really is. Or does she thinks that Akatsuki is a loli like her XD

Seems like the romance will continue to nxt ep too hehe ^^

Anyway for this ep was pretty cute. Esp seeing all those Akatsuki emotions.
How she was blushing all the time and rolling around in her room thinking that her rival is a middle school girl was lol XD And her shouting a DATE!!! was hilarious XD Akatsuki-chan Kawaiiiii <3

Lol'd so much at her "I require fashion" XD

Henrietta is also pretty much officially part of Shiroe's harem XD? Dat Akatsuki doll was <3

The cake buffet part was hilarious with Akatsuki and Minori's rivalry, seems Akatsuki was annoyed by the fact Minori is with them more than Minori was XD And lol'd so much at everyone's stares, thinking Shiroe is bragging, bringing two girls with him and probably misunderstood as a lolicon too XD Dat "Say Ahhh" part was priceless XD Poor Shiroe, he's a lucky bastard but u gotta feel bad for him there going out fat and all...even needing to pay for it XD

Akatsuki patting his head was really adorable. I really want to see how Akatsuki really looks like >.<!! and why she chose being a loli, she did say but I'm sure there's something else to it.
Mar 1, 2014 5:32 AM

Jan 2014
Not gonna lie, I don't feel anything for minori. Middle schooler should not be watching the college dude. I like the assassin x villain in glasses combo. I just can't see any other couple involving shiroe.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Mar 1, 2014 5:33 AM
Feb 2009
godamn this episode was so much fun lmao
Mar 1, 2014 5:45 AM
Jan 2014
uran10 said:
Not gonna lie, I don't feel anything for minori. Middle schooler should not be watching the college dude. I like the assassin x villain in glasses combo. I just can't see any other couple involving shiroe.

Yeah Akatsuki and Shiroe are cute together.

Mar 1, 2014 5:55 AM

Aug 2013
"They say that man does not live by bread alone. But with bread and fantasies, you can get over almost anything!"
Wise words, Henrietta. Wise words. Words to live by lmao.

Akatsuki overload. So cute O___O

No Minori, just NO! I can defend your imitating Shiroe's tactics and being emo but don't you dare come between Shiroe x Akatsuki aka OTP. NO! GO AWAY! SHOO! I'll sic Crusty on you if you keep on this path.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 1, 2014 5:58 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Lenessia dolls, Akatsuki dolls, kawaii!!

Henrietta giving Shiroe massages and Shiroe liking them puts Henrietta in the harem list. As for Marielle, she was faily ok this episode.

I have a feeling Tohya doesn't understand how Minori feels towards Shiroe. He thinks it's not a love interest or at least that's how I viewed his reply. Maybe I'm wrong and he does know Minori likes Shiroe.

Akatsuki was very cute this episode, and the whole feeding Shiroe cake felt more like a battle. The result we get is FAT Shiroe and later he loses all those pounds. Must have had a hard painful time getting rid of all that weight lol.

Mar 1, 2014 6:10 AM

Apr 2012
Really hungry for cake now... Anyhoo a nice episode but agreed with others about Minori being far too young for Shiroe, what is that girl thinking!

Loved the Akatsuki "Voodoo" doll, made me lol.
Mar 1, 2014 6:25 AM

Jul 2013
Baddie007 said:
I wonder why kind of climax will in store for the last 3 episodes?

ohohoho, dont worry, it will end with everything resolved, but in a (massive) cliffhanger
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Mar 1, 2014 6:32 AM

May 2010
3 episodes left and we get to see this? very dissapointed. not sure i will stick around for season 2 if its coming.

2/5
Mar 1, 2014 6:42 AM

Oct 2013
did anyone see that mecha cosplay in 1:10??? or 16:10?
KaedeKyl9Mar 1, 2014 6:47 AM
Mar 1, 2014 6:44 AM

Jan 2014
One of the funniest and cutest ep yet.
Expected love triangle but not this fast. Wow, a bit too fast paced? But it feels a bit right too...
3/5 wonder how they going to go with the last 3 ep...
Also the feels in minori part is not too feelsey probably because it's too fast paced.
Very nice soundtrack during that scene though
Edit: Oh God just realized one of the cakes feature Shiroe, Akatsuki and Minori. Dat detail
Wind_God_GirlMar 1, 2014 6:50 AM
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
Mar 1, 2014 6:48 AM

Jul 2009
Well, since they said they would only have to eat '12', being three instead of two, but they didn't say cake slices or whole cakes. And there weren't any rules that stated it would be cake slices only in the contest, so it's technically allowed, even if it's considered eeeevil.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Mar 1, 2014 6:52 AM

Aug 2013
"Shiroe is Mine !"

I think i just saw a spark of yandere trait in Minori lol.

But poor her, either Akatsuki or that mysterious girl will be the one to get Shiroe's heart.
Mar 1, 2014 6:54 AM
Sep 2007
I don't know, if they wanted me to feel this way, but it made me hate Minori for some reason. Cause she wants to get in between Shiroe and Akatsuki. I have anger towards Minori now, and dislike her a lot!
Hi
Mar 1, 2014 7:00 AM

Feb 2014
Can't deal with heartbreak. Shiroe sees Minori as like a younger sister from the way things look so I don't think they'll ever get together. And anyway she's like 14!
Apart from that it was a nice peaceful episode, wonder how they'll end it with only a few eps left.
"Even if we lose by 100 points, there's still a chance a meteor will strike the other team's bench in the last second"

- Kuroko Tetsuya
Mar 1, 2014 7:02 AM

Aug 2009
Shiroe and Akatsuki all the way. They are both around the same age so I can agree to that, and I think they would make a nice couple. Minori although a sweet girl is just far too young for Shiroe. I liked her intentions though. She should stick to being his student and learn from him and she shouldn't let her feelings get in the way.

The fat Shiroe literally cracked me up. I was crying! xD

Mar 1, 2014 7:04 AM

Dec 2013
I'm feeling like they're wasting episodes
Mar 1, 2014 7:04 AM

Apr 2011
Oh my gawd! That cake buffet scene cracked me up! Every guy around Shiroe is jealous. Fat Shiroe too!

Oh my, not only Akatsuki and Minori likes our evil guy in glasses but Henrietta too?
Mar 1, 2014 7:07 AM

Jan 2010
I got really excited with this one. Obviously, they're not introducing the new arc in these episodes, but I'm sure that a 2nd season will be welcome!
Mar 1, 2014 7:22 AM

Nov 2012
this episode was extremely funny. especially fat shiroe lol
and heartbroke minori! well she is way younger than him so it won't work out anyways. he belongs to akatsuki! c:
Mar 1, 2014 7:25 AM

Mar 2012
They left out the parts involving Krusty ad Lennessia, as well the part that involved Rudy and Izuzu, i am a bit disappointed but it cant be helped i guess.

LoL yeah this is pretty much the first time that Henrietta has showed some affection for shiroe and it will be pretty much more evident in next weeks episode

Uh Minori, i am sorry but she is to young for shiroe at the very least she would have to wait 4 more years before she can even try, it is not i have anything against her being with shiroe, her character is quite mature and responsible it more has to do with moral issue, but to say they dont fit because they dont like her character that is a poor excuse.

It seems like some people already have started to complain about this being more soft than previous episodes but that is to be expected it is following the same path of the LN although with a few things skipped here and there but nothing serious.

Yeah i agree with the rest, this stroy arc would finish nicely but we will be left hanging with a cliff hanger, but there is already evidence that they are preparing for a continuation and the reception and support of this series has been quite well. it really now depends on the author of when he will release the rest of the LN volumes so they would have enough material to produce more.
-ShadowClaw-Mar 1, 2014 7:30 AM
Mar 1, 2014 7:28 AM

May 2013
Ooh, a little love rivalry going on xD
Mar 1, 2014 7:39 AM
Mar 2014
Barion-Zara said:

I like both girls but Minori ending up with Shiroe would be pretty weird. She's a middle schooler! That's about at least 10 years difference from Shiroe XD

lovexLuffy said:
Minori although a sweet girl is just far too young for Shiroe. I liked her intentions though.

silverwalls said:
well she is way younger than him so it won't work out anyways.

-ShadowClaw- said:

Uh Minori, i am sorry but she is to young for shiroe at the very least she would have to wait 4 more years before she can even try, it is not i have anything against her being with shiroe, her character is quite mature and responsible it more has to do with moral issue, but to say they dont fit because they dont like her character that is a poor excuse.

Like Lenesia X Crusty

uran10 said:
I like the assassin x villain in glasses combo. I just can't see any other couple involving shiroe.

xchee said:

No Minori, just NO! I can defend your imitating Shiroe's tactics and being emo but don't you dare come between Shiroe x Akatsuki aka OTP. NO! GO AWAY! SHOO! I'll sic Crusty on you if you keep on this path.

Shiroe X Kanami

Wind_God_Girl said:

Also the feels in minori part is not too feelsey probably because it's too fast paced.
Very nice soundtrack during that scene though

-Her hero (Hamelin)
-Her teacher
-Her god (Choushi)
Mar 1, 2014 7:49 AM

Oct 2013
And this show is dropped. WTF am I watching near the end of a season, just a ridiculous waste of time. Not to mention how f'd up all these kids wanting to get with adults (shiroe or the cat guy) is, wtf.
eddo209Mar 1, 2014 7:59 AM
Mar 1, 2014 8:04 AM
Mar 2014
eddo209 said:
And this show is dropped. WTF am I watching near the end of a season, just a ridiculous waste of time. Not to mention how f'd up all these kids wanting to get with adults (shiroe or the cat guy) is, wtf.

a cultural issue i gues

Minori 14
Lenessia 15
Serara 15-17

Japan: The national age of consent in Japan is 13 as specified by the Japanese Penal Code Articles 176 and 177

NHK is always in safe Zone.
acdneoMar 1, 2014 8:11 AM
Mar 1, 2014 8:17 AM
Mar 2014
acdneo said:
eddo209 said:

a cultural issue i gues

Minori 14
Lenessia 15
Serara 15-17

Japan: The national age of consent in Japan is 13 as specified by the Japanese Penal Code Articles 176 and 177

NHK always is in safe Zone.

I don't think Serara is too near 17, given her behaviour. Unless it's mentioned in the LNs, somewhere (SPOILERS I DON'T WANT) Otherwise, yeah it's a cultural issue. Still, I don't think Shiroe is going to be interested, given his age and personality. Not to mention his relationship with that Tea Party member in his flashbacks.
Mar 1, 2014 8:24 AM

Jan 2013
That evil cake eating scene with the glowing eyes was hilarious!

I was hoping to see Rudy at the cake event actually, would have been a funny moment.

I think I saw a Danbo in the crowd :D
polespOct 27, 2014 9:57 PM
Mar 1, 2014 8:25 AM

May 2013
Both Minori and Akatsuki going on a date with Shiroe. Kinda feel bad for Minori at the end there. Akatsuki looking good in that yukata.
Mar 1, 2014 8:26 AM

Jan 2013
If they turn this into a shitty love triangle, it will be no better than SAO cuz they're gonna ruin Log Horizon as well.
Mar 1, 2014 8:29 AM
Mar 2014
Zurrdroid said:
acdneo said:
eddo209 said:

a cultural issue i gues

Minori 14
Lenessia 15
Serara 15-17

NHK always is in safe Zone.

I don't think Serara is too near 17, given her behaviour. Unless it's mentioned in the LNs, somewhere (SPOILERS I DON'T WANT) Otherwise, yeah it's a cultural issue. Still, I don't think Shiroe is going to be interested, given his age and personality. Not to mention his relationship with that Tea Party member in his flashbacks.

there're no spoilers, you can get it, when touya uses the -nii,-ne (Rudy-nii), anyways i don't remenber if the ages are showed in the novels.
Mar 1, 2014 8:32 AM

Mar 2012
acdneo said:
eddo209 said:

a cultural issue i gues

Minori 14
Lenessia 15
Serara 15-17

NHK is always in safe Zone.

Oh i see well that is an entirely a different case scenario, it really does depend on cultural issue, if the age of consent for japanese is 13 than i can accept that even if my cultural ethics are in conflict with there's, oh boy i am sensing a cultural batte is going to start if this keeps going on
Mar 1, 2014 8:34 AM
May 2012
always lol when people are arguing based on the age of fictitious characters,...
Mar 1, 2014 8:36 AM

Nov 2013
I also think this was a wasted episode.....what about the goblin king?
Decim
'Life really is a mysterious thing. Each and every life spins its own, totally separate tale, yet they become intricately entwined in each other. And no one knows how they will end up'

Kazuki Kazami
'If someone lives, they will surely die. That is the absolute rule of this world'
Mar 1, 2014 8:43 AM

Dec 2008
Oh, man! I was feeling for Shiroe in this episode. Two girls both vying for his attention by shoving cake down his throat? That's harsh!!

Aktasuki looked adorable in her kimono.

Looks like Minori has just experienced her first heartbreak. Sad panda...

I'm on the Shiroe X Henrietta ship. The way the two of them interact with each other is so much more natural...like they're on the same wavelength. Akatsuki is cute and all, but the way she expects Shiroe to automatically know what she's feeling, thinking, or trying to say is a bit immature and annoying. This man basically has the weight of Akihabara on his shoulders, he's a Guild Master, and a scribe. While Akatsuki is busy being coy and evasive, Shiroe is probably thinking about possible threats to Akihabara and strategies to either meet them head on, evade, or invade.

Henrietta gets it and understands Shiroe...so much so that she instinctively massaged his shoulders. Minori and Akatsuki would turn beet red and escape from the room before that happened.

Shiroe X Henrietta FTW!!

Sent with Mal Updater
Hannah_AnaMar 1, 2014 9:09 AM
Mar 1, 2014 9:00 AM

Feb 2014
Anyone here wanna go for Henreitta route? Lol...i almost felt that she got love interest in him when Shiroe suddenly looks back. And she blushes :) Well this episode sure changes it phase abruptly from strategy to typical love triangle.
Few more episodes to finish & I think the last two episode will be a info dump just like they explain World Fraction. I hope not.
Counteraction rising
Yeah we are ready for the punch line
There's no use with all your gimmick
So check this out!
Mar 1, 2014 9:07 AM

Nov 2011
Personally I prefer Minori over Akatsuki. She got more active relationship with Shiro as his student. Akatsuki don't have much interaction with Shiro beside being use like a ninja.

If Minori is Level 90, she'll have more use than Akatsuki. I'm not even fan of her really. I just don't find Akatsuki that good.

Mar 1, 2014 9:18 AM

Jun 2007
This is getting worse and worse.
Mar 1, 2014 9:21 AM
Oct 2012
acdneo said:

Since Shiroe lives in or near Tokyo he would soon find himself in Jail if he tried to have sex with Minori. The federal law sets a minimal level, but it isn't the controlling law. Age of Consent is a prefectural concern, with each prefecture setting its own law. In Tokyo, for example, the age of consent between a girl and an adult is 17. Since Shiroe is over 20, he would be breaking the law.

When the minimal law is set to 13 for simplicity and also because of honesty. The Japanese know that teenagers have sex, and have no desire to criminalize it. But they do (on the prefectural level) criminalize sex between adults and under 17 girls.

This has been a PSA for all the Loli lovers here. Don't go to Japan thinking you will be fine, you will not.
Mar 1, 2014 9:29 AM

Jul 2008
marian11 said:
If they turn this into a shitty love triangle, it will be no better than SAO cuz they're gonna ruin Log Horizon as well.

As someone who has watched over 150 shows, I am surprised you still didn't realize that love triangles and harem are practically part of every Anime nowadays -_-;

What ruined SAO is that it's writer handled the love triangle in an utmost horrible manner (well, his executions are generally unimpressive).
Mar 1, 2014 9:35 AM

Sep 2009
You can't complain about the ending here. 6 and 7 volume are two parts of one story and they can't allow to adapt all 7 volumes in 25 eps same as to adapt only 4. Just that 5th volume is smth like calm before the storm: a lot of character development but not much plot.
Mar 1, 2014 9:41 AM

Sep 2013
Three more episodes to go. I don't know how the're gonna end this.

It is an anime but I still always get bothered when young girls fall for older guys.

Anyways, I think the show has gotten worse since mid-season, but we'll see how it ends.
Mar 1, 2014 9:57 AM
Oct 2010
lionelllama said:
It is an anime but I still always get bothered when young girls fall for older guys.
I actually find it cute. First crushes often confuse admiration with love.

What bothers me is when it goes the other way, that's just creepy.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.