Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2009 4:33 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I don't think her grandmother could handle the truth, but if she's going to runaway anyway, then she should at least give her the opportunity to try.
Jan 1, 2013 1:23 PM

Nov 2007
I cannot imagine how Mitsuki's grandma felt when she left. She lost her first love and only daughter to music. The fear of losing Mitsuki too must be too much for her after all. No matter how she acts, being overprotective and harsh, in the end, Mitsuki is the only thing she cherishes in this world.

Lovely and touching episode.

5/5 T_T
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 13, 2013 10:27 PM

Aug 2010
I felt really sorry for Mitsuki's grandma this episode. It was a really nice and touching episode and I liked the focus on Mitsuki's grandma.
Oct 17, 2013 7:14 AM

Jan 2012
Like mother like daughter.. total sluts, one running away with a guy and the other running away finding a guy, we all know she isn't going there just for the surgery. Poor grandma....
Oct 30, 2013 9:03 AM

Nov 2008
Don't say ridiculous things. Following your heart against others' wishes to be with the one you love does NOT make you a slut. =_=

Not sure if you'r aware of this but being a "slut" requires one to lose her virginity to more than ONE man. Neither Mitsuki nor her mother have done this. They have simply placed the person they love as number one priority and I fail to see why this is so wrong.

Her grandmother has suppressed Mitsuki from doing ANYTHING she has ever wanted to do and that's why Mitsuki is so rebellious. The same thing will happen to children and overly-strict parents in real life.
ChiibiOct 30, 2013 9:07 AM

Dec 8, 2013 1:19 PM
Mar 2013
Mitsuki's grandma really has it tough. This episode was great, it was interesting to see why the grandma was so against music. I know she'll turn around though. By the end of the series grandma will be like Tanaka listening to music through headphones while brooming xD
May 28, 2014 6:55 PM

Feb 2014
I felt bad for her grandmother, she should have explained more before leaving, it was almost cruel the way she did it.
Mar 8, 2015 12:46 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Tinime said:
I felt bad for her grandmother, she should have explained more before leaving, it was almost cruel the way she did it.
(shrug) in the 2 or so years they've lived "together" (being in a separate house hardly qualifies, however), those two have never been able to communicate. There was no right answer here. Everything that could have been said between them had already been said, and it was time for Mitsuki to move on.
CratexMar 8, 2015 12:53 PM
Nov 9, 2015 2:09 AM

Dec 2012
That was a heavy episode, it honestly breaks my heart trying to imagine what it'd be like as a parent to hear "I hate you" as the last words from my child. The grandma has endured so much and her animosity towards music is understandable. I think if Mitsuki really dies the grandma would blame music again, so I hope that Mitsuki is able to convey just how much purpose and meaning music gave her life with the time she has left. It just felt like Mitsuki didn't have a way to answer her grandma yet, so she wants to wait until she's able to convince her through her songs.
Feb 18, 2016 12:59 AM

May 2010
Great episode, really touching. But I still want a grandmother episode that delves into her character more.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 1, 2018 3:56 PM

Nov 2016
Sry for Grandma, but she needs to let go,so that her beloved granddaughter can pursue her dreams

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 15, 2019 9:19 PM
Apr 2018
Okay, after a bunch of boring eps, this one was quite good. Grandma's flashback to when she first met Mitsuki was very touching and tragic.
Jul 30, 2021 11:59 PM

Jan 2021
I guess mitsuki and her mother really are so much alike.
Like mother and daughter.
Jun 22, 2022 9:24 PM

Mar 2018
I like how they do the heavy drama in this series but I'm unable to feel anything, having only 1 good episode after a bunch of boring episodes isn't really helping to get me invested in this series. (Clannad and One Piece fan btw!)

On the other hand, if the series continues to be like this, I might end up giving it a positive score.
Dec 31, 2022 1:23 PM

Jan 2010
It's nice seeing Fuzuki's history after so long. It's not only that she hates music, it's that she's been traumatized after so many negative experiences relating to music in her life, between her first love and her daughter. Seeing Fuzuki crestfallen over Mitsuki really hurt to watch. Rather than trying to explain directly to her after all this time, they're still trying to run around her. Now, they're using the excuse of an unclear procedure that requires Mitsuki to travel overseas in spite of her weak constitution. I figured if Dr. Wakaouji were so confident in the procedure, he'd take more time to explain how the procedure works. They also couldn't really come up with a reason for why Professor Herberd couldn't be invited to Japan to perform the procedure. In some ways, Fuzuki is hindering Mitsuki's dreams of finding Eichi and becoming a singer, but Mitsuki and friends aren't really helping the family tension, they're avoiding or worsening them. Of all the people Mitsuki has helped along her journey, it sucks that her closest remaining family member, her grandmother, has been treated so poorly. I really wish they'd reconcile, but I suppose their relationship will be one of the last things resolved in the story, assuming it ever does get resolved.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Episode 52 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

the_pillows - Oct 30, 2007

150 by TRC_Randy »»
Jan 18, 3:49 AM

» Should I read the manga?

El_Jiro - Oct 31, 2023

3 by MewVenus »»
Oct 31, 2023 6:48 PM

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Episode 34 Discussion

shanimebib - Jan 1, 2013

9 by Atsunome »»
Oct 4, 2023 6:11 AM

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Episode 2 Discussion

jacobpaige - Aug 20, 2009

8 by Atsunome »»
Sep 21, 2023 8:37 AM

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Episode 27 Discussion

emeraldrosary - Dec 7, 2013

8 by ims-tokyo »»
Jul 29, 2023 1:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.