Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 21, 2009 8:48 AM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
*reminder, episode 7 aired today ^^

And after 2 weeks of no bakemonogatari....which wasnt that pleasing xD
anyway another great episode, a bit more action, from the other ending.
getting very good ^^
Aug 21, 2009 9:05 AM

Aug 2009
Oh great its finally out ! T_T
[right]

Aug 21, 2009 12:04 PM
Jul 2018
So Suruga's attack was not on purpose (might be subconcious purpose)
Her arm was kind of kimo :< , but she did not bad as Araragi's conversational partner
and it's not just monkey but a devil's hand, so it might be a lot more difficult to handle.
Definitely waiting for next ep
Aug 21, 2009 6:38 PM

Jul 2009
That was one episode full of dialogue...(as always?)
Anyway, would love to see how they solve this next week and hope we can get a conclusion then move on to a new character (somehow didnt find this monkey/devil claw girl interesting enough, maybe because she's les? :-) )

LOL @ big service Senjougahara gave to Araragi, i bet he couldnt really see that much though. -_-
Aug 21, 2009 7:08 PM

Aug 2009
Long dialog indeed but the illustration is what I love during the dialogs. I also love when the sound of the voice changes when the character talks about something serious.

That hand was disgusting when suruga was talking with arararararagi and it grew 5 more hands from each finger.. Lol I got the chills there.

Devils hand.. I wonder why this arc is called monkey then O_o

senjyougahara was tsundere and now a yandere interesting :) Wonder whos next.

Well actually,, the illustration disappointed me this episode.. The legs of araragi @ 13:15 was alil short and small.. Also @ 22:00 meme's fingers was off scale aswell..
porkypinkAug 21, 2009 7:21 PM
[right]

Aug 21, 2009 10:44 PM

Apr 2008
Mmm , getting beat up and than catching a nice upskirt .... i say the situation evens out
Aug 22, 2009 1:31 AM
Aug 2009
This show continues to be great, the off beat dialog, the art, and most importantly the story arcs. I'm liking this arc over the previous Mayoi one. 10/10 for sure.

:D
Aug 22, 2009 2:30 AM

Apr 2009
I really enjoyed this episode but there was a thing that i clearly didn't understand...
Why did they go to that room full of books, and if that is somehow related to the story...
but nonetheless this was a great episode with the nice service from senjougahara! by the way sugura can be almost a good talking partner as tsundere-chan! :D
Aug 22, 2009 3:11 AM

Jan 2009
Aah~ I've waited for this : D
Hey that's a pretty nice service he got there in the beginning xD'

Racing staplers : D
And the conversations in this series, are ever so good : D
Hmm.. doesn't it somehow sounds familiar.. granting 3 wishes in exchange for your soul, I think I've heard that somewhere before xD
arknot14 said:
by the way sugura can be almost a good talking partner as tsundere-chan! :D

Wrong.
Oh I wasn't trying to imply that you're Wrong, just that I don't agree : D

And lastly, the ed is still great, and I can't get enough of it : D
(oh and I feel kinda sad that gg's sub isn't out yet, and I had to watch some random sub to satisfy my hunger for more >.<)
OosranAug 22, 2009 3:17 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 22, 2009 3:24 AM

Sep 2008
no panties XD
3 wishes for your soul...and she already used up 1 lol
was the ending always like that, i liked it more than the opening now
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Aug 22, 2009 3:59 AM

Apr 2009
Oosran said:
arknot14 said:
by the way sugura can be almost a good talking partner as tsundere-chan! :D

Wrong.
Oh I wasn't trying to imply that you're Wrong, just that I don't agree : D

Senjougahara is Senjougahara indeed!

DarkSageRK said:
arknot14 said:
I really enjoyed this episode but there was a thing that i clearly didn't understand...
Why did they go to that room full of books, and if that is somehow related to the story...
but nonetheless this was a great episode with the nice service from senjougahara! by the way sugura can be almost a good talking partner as tsundere-chan! :D

Did you not watch it subbed?

The roomful of books is Sugura's room. And the books are implied to be all BL.

i missed that first time, but already got it, even though i thought it could be related to some books about monkey's paw or anyrhing like that...
thanks
botchAug 22, 2009 4:05 AM
Aug 22, 2009 4:30 AM

Jan 2009
Zilpzalp said:
Also, I still think the art is unique
That's not something you 'think', that's something you 'know' : D
Hmm.. nvm, I just realized that I've seen something similar <.< Although that was SHAFT's doing as well, so I guess it's unique to them? Prove me wrong if you dare : 3
But, come on. She's lesbian. Which guy wouldn't like her? Be honest. D:
*raises hand* I wouldn't : o Is that something wrong?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 22, 2009 5:33 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
wonderful episode, as always. her being a 'lesbo' came to me as quite a shock. lmao at Araragi's reaction.

Oosran said:
Hey that's a pretty nice service he got there in the beginning xD
lol yup! that was quite funny :]
p r o f i l e 👀
Aug 22, 2009 5:37 AM

Aug 2009
I was surprised they used a horror story of the monkey paw for Kambaru Suruga's possesion. The original story is found here:

The author William Wymark Jacobs here:

So Suruga means bondage torture (second reference other than in Fight Ippatsu Juuden-chan #9 about bondage this week).

Bondage reference again. Seems quite popular in Japan. O_o

Araragi's expression at Suruga's confession of her being a lesbo. PRICELESS!

Oosran said:
Zilpzalp said:
Also, I still think the art is unique
That's not something you 'think', that's something you 'know' : D
Hmm.. nvm, I just realized that I've seen something similar <.< Although that was SHAFT's doing as well, so I guess it's unique to them? Prove me wrong if you dare : 3
But, come on. She's lesbian. Which guy wouldn't like her? Be honest. D:
*raises hand* I wouldn't : o Is that something wrong?

I would GO OUT WITH HER! She wears only spats with no panties. LOL.
BTW I LOL at the censors in the beginning. Now that was ridiculous after exposing Hitagi's body eariler on.
Belum_NabumAug 22, 2009 5:47 AM

Aug 22, 2009 5:46 AM

Jan 2009
Belum_Nabum said:
She wears only spats with no panties. LOL.

Hmm.. was that actually said? I'm quite sure they cut that conversation without it ever being given a straight answer (straight is a pretty funny word to be used when talking about Suruga : D).. I think, Do correct me if I'm actually wrong : o
Aug 22, 2009 5:48 AM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:
Belum_Nabum said:

Hmm.. was that actually said? I'm quite sure they cut that conversation without it ever being given a straight answer (straight is a pretty funny word to be used when talking about Suruga : D).. I think, Do correct me if I'm actually wrong : o

Oh they say things quite clearly around 17:00 in the episode but I will see this again with gg subbers.

Also the Boy Love reference was hilarious! Wow, a girl that is lesbo likes boy love. Hmmmmmm, interesting. *Takes psychological notes*

Aug 22, 2009 6:10 AM

Jan 2009
Belum_Nabum said:
Oosran said:
Belum_Nabum said:

Oh they say things quite clearly around 17:00 in the episode but I will see this again with gg subbers.

Oh well, quite clearly and clearly aren't really the same, but w/e, I'm also waiting for gg, they're great : D We'll see later
Aug 22, 2009 6:17 AM

Dec 2008

Lmao, facial expressions were hilarious.
Aug 22, 2009 6:29 AM

Jan 2009
Miccool said:

They always are : D
Aug 22, 2009 6:38 AM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:
Miccool said:

Nice facial expressions. Too bad I don't know how do these.
Noticed gg is out already. So fast. WOW.
Belum_NabumAug 22, 2009 6:48 AM

Aug 22, 2009 6:56 AM

Jan 2009
Belum_Nabum said:
Oosran said:
Miccool said:

Nice facial expressions. Too bad I don't know how do these.
Noticed gg is out already. So fast. WOW.

Yeah they're fast, and one of my absolute favorite groups : D Although they were not the fastest for this episode ;_;
Aug 22, 2009 7:01 AM

Jun 2008
Not enough Senjougahara in this episode...
Aug 22, 2009 7:08 AM

Jan 2009
kie_ said:

Quoted for Truth

Another thing that's true, this thread already has too many posts made by me >.< But I just can't stop >.>
Aug 22, 2009 7:10 AM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:
kie_ said:

Quoted for Truth

Another thing that's true, this thread already has too many posts made by me >.< But I just can't stop >.>

I will join you. At least we know Senjougahara does not like lesbos. Which means she is a pretty straight girl.

Aug 22, 2009 7:34 AM

May 2009
Belum_Nabum said:

I will join you. At least we know Senjougahara does not like lesbos. Which means she is a pretty straight girl.

She isn`t called a cocktease for nothing !

And yeah pretty good episode, though I felt Suruga was too much like a Senjougahara2 than an original character .
Aug 22, 2009 7:37 AM

Jan 2009
LagTag said:
And yeah pretty good episode, though I felt Suruga was too much like a Senjougahara2 than an original character .

I actually thought a little about that too, she was.. kind of like her.. although if these two were sheets of paper, they'd be in different shades of white. (I wonder if that was too cryptic for anyone to understand.. heck I almost don't understand it myself : D)
And yet another time, I write something in this thread : D
Aug 22, 2009 7:59 AM

Apr 2008
Oosran said:
Yeah they're fast, and one of my absolute favorite groups : D Although they were not the fastest for this episode ;_;

Maybe... 7 hours too slow, alot of people must actually liberal translations ><
Aug 22, 2009 8:49 AM
Mar 2008
Episode was pretty boring cause I could really care less about Subaru or w/e. Though Araragi's oldschool faces, I'm lesbian, and Shinobu were cool.
Aug 22, 2009 9:01 AM

Sep 2007
That one bondage shot looks like it was copied from the first season Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Opening.

Loved the episode as always, especially the scene with the real-life hand being slowly corrupted and the sudden happy moment while "cleaning up" the room.
Aug 22, 2009 9:08 AM

Dec 2007
Great episode as usual, and the stapler opening is really growing on me. I would have liked to see more Hitagi, but I'm sure that we'll get to see her more towards the conclusion of this arc.

And lol, nice service.
Aug 22, 2009 9:13 AM

Nov 2007
So it's a devil's arm.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Aug 22, 2009 9:21 AM

Oct 2008
This show's never failed in making me feel creepy and excited in the same time. Great epi as always.
Aug 22, 2009 9:25 AM

Jan 2009
YuaLaurant said:
This show's never failed in making me feel creepy and excited in the same time. Great epi as always.

Not much to do really except be astounded at how SHAFT manages to make such captivating shows and bow down at their might : o (Yep I'm dead-serious)
Aug 22, 2009 9:32 AM
Aug 2009
Suruga is verrrrrrry cute. If she had long hair she'd be cuter than Senjougahara. Just not as cool. Cuter, but not as cool.

Good ep, looking forward to the next one now. Hopefully there will be some blood invovled.
Aug 22, 2009 9:46 AM

Jan 2009
Reyno said:
Suruga is verrrrrrry cute. If she had long hair she'd be cuter than Senjougahara. Just not as cool. Cuter, but not as cool.

Huuuh? My face right now:

I don't seem to understand your way of thinking my friend : o

Oh Shi- .. I wrote something again didn't I? I just can't seem to keep my eyes away from here >.>
Aug 22, 2009 9:47 AM

May 2009
Probably my least favourite episode so far, but very good nonetheless.

Great Senjougahara at the start, but too little later on, although it wasn't too bad, since Suruga is funny/cool in her own way.
Aug 22, 2009 9:49 AM

Jul 2008
Naruleach said:
wonderful episode, as always. her being a 'lesbo' came to me as quite a shock. lmao at Araragi's reaction.

Oosran said:
Hey that's a pretty nice service he got there in the beginning xD
Aug 22, 2009 9:53 AM

May 2009
Naruleach said:

To be honest, i wasn't shocked at all when she came out with that.
Aug 22, 2009 9:55 AM

Jan 2009
Nitre said:
Naruleach said:

To be honest, i wasn't shocked at all when she came out with that.

It was more or less to be expected, wonder why Arararagi didn't see it coming?
Aug 22, 2009 10:47 AM

Jul 2008
lolz i just watched the few minutes and gatta say this
LOL dam Araragi is one lucky person >_<
dam..
hmm back to watching op over nows >_<

edit-
the episode is now over , and it turns out the hand was a demon hand
3 wishes for a trade of your soul..
ClearSinzAug 22, 2009 11:35 AM
Aug 22, 2009 11:07 AM

Jan 2009
ClearSinz said:
lolz i just watched the few minutes and gatta say this
LOL dam Araragi is one lucky person >_<
dam..
hmm back to watching op over nows >_<

although the op's made for watching, such lovely staplers all over the place : 3
Heck staplers even got it's own place in my heart by now : D
Although the ed's better, can't stress that enough

Edit: Seriously I gotta stop doing this, feels more or less like I'm posting every second post now xD... I just somehow feel that I need to comment on stuff.. I think it's some kind of mental disorder : o

psst nehnehneji .. I could write a new post agreeing with you on that down below this post, but I really shouldn't, seeing as I've posted.. quite alot in this thread already : D....
OosranAug 22, 2009 11:26 AM
Aug 22, 2009 11:21 AM

Apr 2008
Kanbaru vs Araragi, loved their word play in this one!! His reaction to her declaration!!! ROFL! Plus breaking the 4th wall moment, 'So there's no reason to make a noise that breaks down how your characters been established up until now!'!!!!

Lol cleaning the room looked really fun!!! ;D
Aug 22, 2009 11:24 AM

Apr 2008
Belum_Nabum said:

Bondage reference again. Seems quite popular in Japan. O_o

Oh, the exact pose as in Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei openng.

BTW I loved the way she said she's a lesbo and the simple explanation of kanji used in her name. "Bondage torture" - she's my hero now XD
...::never knows best::...
Aug 22, 2009 12:14 PM

Aug 2009
Spade said:
That one bondage shot looks like it was copied from the first season Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Opening.

Loved the episode as always, especially the scene with the real-life hand being slowly corrupted and the sudden happy moment while "cleaning up" the room.

NICE FIND! Did not notice such comparison.

Aug 22, 2009 12:23 PM

Apr 2008
Aug 22, 2009 12:25 PM

Jan 2009
Rajden said:
damn this anime is good :|

You realized that now?!

Sorry for my sudden outburst, I was just.. shocked : o
It's been good from the start : p and not just good, but awesome : D
Aug 22, 2009 12:30 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Funny episode, Kanbaru is so straightforward....

The jokes with BL and Yuri cracked me up. The talk about uke and seme with Araragi was so hilarious....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 22, 2009 1:06 PM

Feb 2009
No shock at all to me that she was lesbian.

Funny/good epd, lol at the panties part.
Aug 22, 2009 1:11 PM

Apr 2009
there were enough hints in the previous episode suggesting that she was a lesbian. Though, I found it funny how she brought it up.
Aug 22, 2009 1:25 PM

Oct 2007
I seriously lolled at the beginning when they were playing in the books XD
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

loghneckbeard - Jun 25, 2010

518 by wimpis »»
Apr 21, 6:15 AM

» Renai Circulation ost

DexterDrubo - Apr 19

5 by hsayal »»
Apr 21, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 17, 2009

357 by kagamiiin »»
Apr 19, 7:06 AM

» Watch Order 2024?

GoCrayzee - Jan 27

25 by HeshamJohnny »»
Apr 13, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 4, 2009

275 by artemis-cr »»
Apr 2, 5:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.