Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 27, 2014 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah finally, a real magic war now. It still feels a bit rushed but at least it picks up now. Takeshi has some important decisions so he better make the right ones. That Twilight won't help him that much though.

I smell something dangerous coming.
Feb 27, 2014 8:54 AM

Nov 2007
New school year. Meeting younger brother and SuzuKen's character's little sister. Brothers talk to get well. Though he keeps seeing visions about younger brother turning to enemy's side.

The enemy told his story and wanting him on his side. NamiDai's character?! He was forced to join the team and that war began. On top of that, the sword was originally his? The enemy acted against the academy for that character...
tsubasaloverFeb 27, 2014 9:29 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 27, 2014 12:47 PM

Feb 2008
Takashi mother being a mahoutsukai were so predictable and Twillight were previous her sword.

Aww but Gekkou have already join ghost trailer.

Takashi vs Gekkou !!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 27, 2014 1:04 PM

May 2010
the second half sure was interesting. this is probably the first episode i really liked.

4/5
Feb 27, 2014 1:28 PM
Mar 2013
if anyone remembers i said twilight was takashi's Moms sword when she was a a magician XD. anyways looks like some Important Decisions are gunna come up, can't wait for more Development
Feb 27, 2014 1:39 PM

Jul 2013
Oh thank god for this episode. Best one so far.

Very interesting, especially that 2nd half..
Now what is Takeshi going to do about this..
Danger is near..
Hoping the season improves from here on.
Feb 27, 2014 1:47 PM

May 2013
So Takeshi's mom was a magician. I guess that was expected. Decisions that he has to make. Either join the Trailers or Wizard Brace.
Feb 27, 2014 1:59 PM

Jan 2014
Takashi's mom being the old owner of twilight was predictable. This is becoming a bit more enjoyable for me now though I'm still hoping for atleast one moment where Mui is a pure BA
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Feb 27, 2014 2:06 PM
Mar 2012
Episode 8 and finally the plot sets in.
Feb 27, 2014 2:29 PM

May 2013
Great episode, Gekkou finally joins the magic academy, his definitely has something evil in his mind, probably to rebel against Nanase.

Not sure which side I would choose now...Ghost Trailers or Wizard Brace. Damn.
Feb 27, 2014 2:36 PM

Sep 2008
Another great seiyuu joined to cast?
Why this anime have so many good seiyuu?
They are trying to cover up weak story, character and animation
with good cast?

Eh... this preview piss me off... -.-
If they don't plan to show up what is in next episode
then they should cut it... -.-
Feb 27, 2014 3:00 PM

Nov 2012
Information dump.

Decent episode,probably the best one so far.
Feb 27, 2014 3:24 PM

Jan 2014
Mother being Wizard Brace was sort of predictable. And yeah I also expected dirt to be found within Wizard Brace but I did not expect this persecution and shit, in the end power is all about monopolizing it and using it just for your own needs, so no wonder WB felt they had to control all of it.

On the other hand, Gekkou is making me very nervous, he has a real creepy "nice face" that really spells trouble. He clearly is a Trailer and has reasons to spare to try to kill Takeshi, so I wanna see how that will manifest itself later on.
Feb 27, 2014 4:28 PM

Jul 2013
Funny how everything in this anime is interesting except for the main characters...

At least Mui can pull of those funny bro-con moments
Feb 27, 2014 4:55 PM

Mar 2012
Yeah, this was the best episode so far... by far.
Feb 27, 2014 5:05 PM

Aug 2013
plot178 said:
if anyone remembers i said twilight was takashi's Moms sword when she was a a magician XD. anyways looks like some Important Decisions are gunna come up, can't wait for more Development

Yeah I remember that. Since episode 2 we already called it lol. And looks like I'm also spot on with his mom being one of the great magicians too.

The second half has the most decent writing in all of the episodes we've seen thus far imo. It just seems like info dump because the story and the writing has been so stupidly diluted so anything solid seems out of place.

Takeshi would probably be more open to joining Ghost Trailers if those guys stop being creepy to be honest. *flash villain creepy smile* *use creepy villain voice* "I'm recruiting you."
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 27, 2014 5:09 PM

Dec 2013
the best episode until now, but this plot it's so predictable, to me gives the impression that i already watch this anime, nothing surprising happens, and you know what to expect, a shame because I thought that would fight for the best of the season
Feb 27, 2014 6:16 PM

Apr 2013
xchee said:
plot178 said:

Yeah I remember that. Since episode 2 we already called it lol. And looks like I'm also spot on with his mom being one of the great magicians too.

The second half has the most decent writing in all of the episodes we've seen thus far imo. It just seems like info dump because the story and the writing has been so stupidly diluted so anything solid seems out of place.

Takeshi would probably be more open to joining Ghost Trailers if those guys stop being creepy to be honest. *flash villain creepy smile* *use creepy villain voice* "I'm recruiting you."

You forgot the *creepy villain laugh* Can't have a villian without that XD
As of 27/7/14 I have decided trap anime Sword Art Online II has more appeal than Mahouka.
Feb 27, 2014 6:51 PM

Aug 2013
Well I called everything about his mother that they said this week after last weeks episode. It was predictable but I guess it's still kinda cool. Hopefully there will be an episode in the near future where he gets to actually go and speak with his mom. That's probably the piece of the story I'm most interested in at the moment.
Feb 27, 2014 7:14 PM

Dec 2013
Once again the beginning made me feel like I skipped episodes =/. In other news after watching that I'd join the Trailers. Damn nepotism.
Feb 27, 2014 7:42 PM
Jul 2018
It was nice to hear the history of the Great Magic War and some hidden pasts of the Wizard Brace.
Feb 27, 2014 7:49 PM

Dec 2013
My predictions from episode 2 were proven in this episode, Twilight/Eterna belonged to Takashi's mother and she was one of the 15 great wizards. Way too predictable.

Gekkou joining the Ghost Trailers, and coming to the academy, also very predictable.

Creepy villain guy telling his side of the story only served to air out the skeletons in the closet of Wizard Brace, but we've already seen some of their dirty tricks in the memory wipe/hostage situation with Oigami, so no big surprise there. I've been getting that vibe, the one that says Wizard Brace is really the bad guys, for a good long while now. I do, however, believe that Director Loli has good intentions and may even wish to change the way Wizard Brace did things. The persecution and what not. At this point it sort of seems that the story is trying to head towards some angle where Wizard Brace is fighting the Ghost Trailers merely for survival, because even if Director Loli is trying to change things from within the Trailers aren't going to stop trying to kill them all. Like, the aggression has been going on for so long that they just can't stop themselves because of the pain, blood, and memories of the last great war. Ending up with neither side really being bad guys at all. Just my thoughts at this point, so I could be wrong.

It seems Gekkou may use Evasion magic like his brother, but at times it also seems he may have Destruction magic, so I'm still not sure what's going on there. Though, I'm leaning more towards the Evasion magic because of the referrences to the Trailers wanting Twilight and the dream where he said he'd take Twilight and Kurumi. Please, Gods of Awesome Anime, let him take Kurumi- Give him Kurumi just to get rid of her!!!

From what little I can gather from the previews, looks like Ida's going to get mucked up in the next episode. Maybe Gekkou will finally show his true colors and mess some shit up, I'm still not exactly trusting Mui's brother either. Maybe he's still a Trailer. It'd be interesting to see Mui and Takashi against Gekkou and whatever her brother's name is, that could be really bad ass if they do it right.

I'm still getting the feeling that Oigami is gonna go back to Wizard Brace in the end too, because of his attachment to that waste of character space Kurumi.

All in all, I'm pleased with this anime so far. One of the best of the season, and I'll give this episode an 8/10.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Feb 27, 2014 8:47 PM

Sep 2013
Futaba is so cute :D He raised her himself, that's pretty damn awesome of him.

That scream when he woke up sounded so fake.

His mother 0_0 now that's a plot twist.
Feb 27, 2014 9:45 PM

Jul 2013
Episode was pretty good though especially the second half of it.

Gekkou and his smile creeps me out a bit. Takashi's mom part of the magicians too huh... Well kind of predictable for that. Now it's the Trailers and the Wizard Brace were introduced in here, and Takashi refused both of them. The story now became interesting.

Feb 27, 2014 10:29 PM

Jan 2011
could careless about the whole Gekkou foreshadowing but the second half was the most interesting i've seen this show get in the last 8 episodes
Feb 27, 2014 11:47 PM

Aug 2011
the second part was the most interesting in all of the anime....
that fake smile of Gekkou just creeps me out and also being a spy for Ghost Trailers

I also think Momo wants to erase all the dirt of Wizard Brace and make up for it...
Feb 28, 2014 12:46 AM

Jul 2012
The more serious side of this episode makes this episode the best so far, but of course that's not saying much since this anime is pretty terrible.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Feb 28, 2014 1:00 AM

Dec 2013
Finally some storyline!
Like most have said, the mother being from Wizard Brace was obvious. But I wonder who their father is. And why in the world would the mother shun the MC out of nowhere after getting his little brother into an accident? Could it be that the brothers have a different father (gasp)?

The preview showed pretty much that Gekkou was gonna mess up the school next episode, wonder if he also kidnaps Kurumi. That would make the show all the more interesting.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 28, 2014 1:29 AM

Jun 2013
Really good episode.Can't wait to see what happens in the next one.
Feb 28, 2014 2:05 AM
May 2011
The mother thing - that I had predicted when watching the second episode - was way too obvious and cliché. It's the main problem with Mahou Sensou; everything is too predictable, cliché, already done. The anime simply doesn't have its own personality.
It's, well, entertaining to watch, but no more than this.
Feb 28, 2014 3:33 AM

Sep 2011
xchee said:
plot178 said:

Don't you guys pat yourselves on the back too hard you basically predicted what was pretty much common knowledge. Next your gonna tell me you knew...
Shingeki no Kyojin spoiler:

Anyways after hearing all aboutl wizard braces dirty past, Ghost Trailers is not sounding that evil anymore, and I think I would join them if I was him. Just think if ghost trailers would have never stood up to wizard brace they would of still been doing the same evil shit since they have been doing it for over a thousand years.

Mod Edit: Please use spoiler tags.
LunaFeb 28, 2014 9:18 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2014 4:37 AM
Jul 2013
Interesting story from Wizard Brace.
Feb 28, 2014 4:53 AM

Aug 2013
ColdXClue said:

Don't you guys pat yourselves on the back too hard you basically predicted what was pretty much common knowledge.

Lol we're not bragging. We're actually making fun of it like a lot of people have been since episode 2.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 28, 2014 9:52 AM

Aug 2010
Liked the second half. Interesting history. From how the story was told I'd easily decide on Trailers.

Only thing good about Wizard Brace is the loli director XD
Feb 28, 2014 10:41 AM

Nov 2011
Esheraz said:
Gekkou finally joins the magic academy, his definitely has something evil in his mind

The show doesnt even try to be subtle about him being evil xD
OnbuuFeb 28, 2014 12:35 PM
Feb 28, 2014 11:42 AM
Jul 2018
I actually liked this episode, best one so far. Finally things are happening, that 2nd half was sure pretty interesting.
Feb 28, 2014 11:54 AM

Dec 2008
I can't believe Takeshi trusted Gekkou to scrub his back. I wouldn't trust Gekkou to scrub a pot!! He's probably rubbed some wicked spell on Takeshi's back.

The revelations leave me with more questions. Hopefully, the next episode will answer a few of them.

Sent with Mal Updater
Feb 28, 2014 1:17 PM

Mar 2013
The series have a interesting plot to bad
the show is to short and they are on succh a rush t deliver it :X
Feb 28, 2014 1:20 PM

Mar 2013
They also forget to explain how Gekkou became
a magic user :O
Feb 28, 2014 2:49 PM

Jan 2011
I feel like I'm watching the animation of a plot synopsis rather than an anime with a real story. So many timeskips and info-dump summaries, but I have yet to develop any interest in or empathy with any of the characters.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Feb 28, 2014 3:12 PM

Oct 2013
Wizard Brace or Ghost Trailers hmmm
Feb 28, 2014 5:32 PM

Dec 2011
Wow. Finally, the darkness inside Wizard Brace is finally revealed. My goodness. Can't wait to see Gekkou and the Ghost Trailers bringing more chaos to the world!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2014 5:41 PM

Jun 2012
Cool, some explanation of the history for the Witch Crusades. lol

Well, this would ironically make some sense if witches actually existed. I mean, if witches had magic, why did they never use it to escape persecution? Well, that's because magicians who were more powerful persecuted them.

I never understood the witch hunts in real-life. These powerful witches stopped using their magic just so you could kill them and not get away. Yeah, that's logically. lol

After hearing that news, I would personally join the Trailers.
Feb 28, 2014 6:57 PM
Aug 2013
Only episode so far that's actually worth a damn, and even then, it wasn't great. Still, it's progress I guess.
Feb 28, 2014 9:25 PM
Nov 2013
This series is actually starting to get interesting. Maybe Takeshi will join the Trailers?
Mar 1, 2014 4:13 AM
Jan 2013
Uh oh, Gekkou alert, looks like things are gonna get even rougher for Takeshi.
Mar 1, 2014 10:30 AM

Sep 2008
If this was a VN I'd side with Trailers in a heartbeat, especially after learning the truth behind Wizard braces existence throughout the history.

Yes, they probably changed their ways but that doesn't excuse them in any way. They also flat out lie about their history, making them the martyrs.
I guess this is a choice between evil and evil. Neither side is good but yeah, Wizards brace would theoretically be considered "light side". Still, I hate being lied to so I'd definitely side with Trailers.

But I doubt I'll see that in anime. Maybe for 1-2 episodes he'll be in doubt, but then someone will give him life speech and some other nonsense that doesn't really work in real-life and he'll side with good guys. Just my prediction :)

But this backstory did make show better. I generally love seeing main character being forced to decide whom to trust.
nina4lifeMar 1, 2014 10:34 AM
Mar 1, 2014 12:44 PM

Sep 2013
Its a little too late to pick up the pace so fast, but at least we're on the final lap. I think.
The previews are so annoying and uninformative D:
Mar 1, 2014 6:55 PM

Aug 2012
I do not understand a single thing that happened today... what?
Mar 1, 2014 7:43 PM

Jul 2012
So a storm is rolling in and the date set for that storm is June 15.

Great episode!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Sensou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2014

115 by PedroKarim64 »»
May 26, 2023 12:41 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

367 by Overcast93 »»
Aug 5, 2022 7:50 PM

Poll: » Who would you prefer to see with Takeshi?

ClawViper - Feb 15, 2014

43 by Foreall908 »»
Jul 4, 2022 10:08 AM

Poll: » Second Season ( 1 2 3 )

DrFluffyUnicorn - Mar 27, 2014

105 by Elzohry »»
May 16, 2022 3:21 PM

» Who does takashi nanase end up with ..

llansam - Jul 2, 2020

1 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Dec 18, 2021 10:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.