Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2009 10:47 PM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great episode... Takeya showed that he liked Ren ^^
And all live long and happily :D
Oct 30, 2009 1:17 AM

Jul 2009
well that ending made it open for another season / OVA...
poor Neneko though :[ she was my fav.
Jan 6, 2010 1:09 AM

Jul 2009
Hmm..shallow ending, better go to manga for next
Well apart from that good series 8/10
Jan 11, 2010 12:01 AM
Mar 2008
Yeah.. the fact that the princess woke up means there's another season right there.
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you're part of the 8% who listens to real music copy/paste this into your sig.
Mar 7, 2010 6:58 PM

Feb 2010
i really hope for another season!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 13, 2010 12:39 AM

Sep 2009
A new season would be nice, they could go into more depth about everything. However I'm not holding my breath, it has been six years since this release. I'll hang on to hope but I think I'll need to get my hands on the manga to get any further with this story.
Jun 26, 2010 1:55 PM

Sep 2009
stoylz said:
Anyone else noticing that anime's are starting to get shallow?

Starting? Hehe, this is six years old, shallowness is in full swing!

Nah but really, it depends on the show. There are some good shows out there that aren't so shallow.
Jan 12, 2011 5:52 PM

Apr 2010
well good ending. at least everyone one is happy. the only thing i couldnt stand seeing is that takeya would always get mad at ren and barely shows his feelings for her. he acts like he doesnt care in the whole anime, then at the end he decides he wants to be her master? what the fuck is that. i hate his character. this series gets a 7 from me.
Feb 12, 2011 8:23 AM

Sep 2010
silverflame425 said:
well good ending. at least everyone one is happy. the only thing i couldnt stand seeing is that takeya would always get mad at ren and barely shows his feelings for her. he acts like he doesnt care in the whole anime, then at the end he decides he wants to be her master? what the fuck is that. i hate his character. this series gets a 7 from me.

same about takeya..... kind of lame is that, but that he doesn't care about things also makes him funny:P only to Ren he is a bit harsh imo
I liked the first 8 episodes or something like that the most.... soo funny and random:P I give it a 7 or 8....^^

I don't know if the ending is good yes or no... I mean he kinda accepts he is her master, but it's not like that any of them say that something that they love each other... or am i wrong?:s
Mar 15, 2011 6:45 PM

Sep 2009
Talk about open ended ending....but I'm glad that everything worked out =3
Jan 20, 2012 5:49 AM

Dec 2011
Im ok with this end but I feel sad for neneko. She is my fav too.
Jun 29, 2012 12:43 AM
Apr 2012
Needs a second season, they left the ending to open, and only got through with like half they story. Was hoping Ren would become a little smarter as the series went on... but she essentially stayed dumb as a rock.

reminded me alot of Chobits
Aug 19, 2012 6:19 PM

Jan 2012
Anyone knows the name of the last song in this episode? I can't find it anywhere.
I believe it's sung by Nakahara Mai...
Here's a piece of it:
Suki na hito no suki na mono o daiji ni omoitai kedo anoko dake wa doushite mo suki ni narenai no [...]
When he is pushed to the edges of despair, a man has no choice but to sink, or grasp at the fleeting wisps of hope, fight with all his power against the inevitabilities of his fate and struggle against the impossible. For even if he fails, at least fail knowing that he dared greatly...
...Or something like that.
Sep 10, 2012 10:37 AM
Dec 2010
Very good final episode.
Takeya made Ren to make her own decision and Ren got confirmation from Takeya that he's her Master.
So situation ended up as "Win-Win" .

overall 8/10
It's indeed lovely & cute anime. I know that there will probably never be sequel but at least they should produce remake according to it's manga.

Sent with Mal Updater
greenmartySep 10, 2012 10:42 AM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Sep 17, 2012 7:42 PM

Jun 2012
greenmarty said:
Very good final episode.
Takeya made Ren to make her own decision and Ren got confirmation from Takeya that he's her Master.
So situation ended up as "Win-Win" .

overall 8/10
It's indeed lovely & cute anime. I know that there will probably never be sequel but at least they should produce remake according to it's manga.

Sent with Mal Updater

They should do a remake and make it less crappy this time around.
Jul 16, 2013 10:15 AM

Feb 2013
Medetashi medetashi :') Yeah really expected that ending but it wasn't too cringy
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Dec 15, 2013 12:22 AM
Nov 2013
What a terrible way to end the 1st season of this anime....good god I hope the OVA clears this mess up.....if it doesn't gonna seriously disappoint. A season should never end unresolved unless they are 100% certain there will be a season 2 which with anime is almost never a certainty considering it revolves around DVD sales. At this point my guess after 6 or 7 years the probability of a season 2 is almost nil :(

Edit: I see the OVA cleaned up some of the unfinished business, but would have been nice if he admitted he had some feelings for Ren that went beyond friendship. Would love to see a season 2, but it's been so long. :(

My biggest gripe with this story is the fact that Takeya spends most of his time acting like a total tool. I find it hard to believe that they made the main character for an anime almost incapable of showing caring emotions more regularly. I give the series a 7/10 overall, it did get much better after the first 4 episodes. If Takeya was a more likeable character it would have scored higher than a 7.

Honestly don't know why it seems all anime TV and OVA is less than a half hour in length per episode. Does the Japanese audience not prefer longer episodes or is it a time constraint issue with production?
KintaroOeDec 15, 2013 12:58 AM
Mar 3, 2014 8:51 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent ending for this series! A bit too melodramatic but still quite good as well in overall this was a pretty decent ending for the whole series.

I started watching this as it was listed between one of the worst animes ever but I really can't see or think why this would be listed there as the concept and execution of the story and character development was pretty decent!

All by all a good anime! Let's see what the special has to offer!
Jun 19, 2014 2:57 AM
Mar 2011
gotta say, I absolutely DESPISE Takeya's character. Holy shit, I don't think I've EVER harbored this much ill-will toward a rom-com's protag. but man he takes the cake. Very disappointed with how the series decided to develop...I was hoping that they would break the "master/slave" relationship once Ren learned about love but they copped out. I am disappoint.
Mar 9, 2015 1:44 AM

Aug 2013
This show was pretty bad. And this is like my fucking genre, where I'm biased and overly generous with my ratings.

4/10. All of those 4 points are solely because of Mitsuka being the best character bar-none. Sexy ass sensei.

Takeya was an absolute fucking annoying asshole. Such an incredibly shitty character and he ruined the show for me.

Every single episode followed the formula of: Takeya acts like a belligerent asshole for no reason. Everyone gets mad at Takeya. Takeya thinks he's right and doesn't understand why everyone thinks he's a piece of shit. Takeya says or does something at the end of the episode to make everyone forgive him like nothing ever happened. ........Rinse, and repeat.
Aug 12, 2015 11:00 AM

Jan 2012
No don't end it just like that,i think that's Ren's mother.
Dears is of a far lesser quality than sora no otoshimono.

May 27, 2016 12:53 AM

Apr 2015
awful series imo the teacher was the only good character because of how entertaining she was
Dec 10, 2016 11:30 PM

Apr 2009
What are they talking about this gift thingy?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2017 9:56 PM

Apr 2014
Well, I'm quite late but isn't everyone talking about episode 13? As far as I remember, this anime had/has 13 EPs and the synopsis of episode 12 is actually of EP 13.
The Ecchi Supplier. Hit me up (not literally but you know... Like... In other words contact me but don't save my number in a way the cops would suspect, write something like "Not an ecchi supplier, he innocent". Thanks)
Feb 17, 2020 11:43 PM

Aug 2012
silverflame425 said:
There are these things: 1 he wants Ren to be with him because she loves him. Is typical for most young men. Unfortunately women are incapable of that level of love men are i.e. selfless sacrifice type love so this is possible in real life 2. He hates her calling him master and herself slave due to the bad conotations of the word. 3. He does not like overt expressions of affection in public. Most men do not. 4. He is still a teenager not fully in control of his emotions yet 5. A man should never show a woman the full amount of his love. If he does this she will consider she deserves better regardless of her status and cheat leave disobey disrespect the man
Jul 29, 2020 4:05 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well overall it's not a very intelligent anime with a deep plot etc but I don't care it was very enjoyable to watch and Ren was so cute haha.
7/10
May 7, 2021 6:50 PM
May 2016
I liked it, silly ecchi fun. The teacher was great especially knowing who her seiyuu is.
Jun 25, 2021 10:03 AM

Aug 2020
"Lick me next". Bruh, never knew I would ever hear that.

Seems like every post here are about episode 13 (ova). Guess there was a mess up.

Edit: apparently, this is for episode 12, whiles the special is for episode 10 (ova). Getting mixed up since I watched it on Crunchyroll (since they have it sorted differently). Seems that everyone watched it illegally ( ͡❛ ‿‿ ͡❛).

Overall, good series. Not much to say considering it's only a 12 episodic comedy. Great to see that they tied up all the loose ends.

One thing I like about old anime is its short scenes. Like when we see the school principal watering his garden, the two ladies going to the fish market, Hiro getting it off, etc. Even though they are pointless and dont add value to the plot, I really do enjoy these little moments. Sadly, newer animes don't do these.

MaxiDennisJun 25, 2021 10:18 AM

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Aug 8, 2022 2:53 PM

May 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
silverflame425 said:
There are these things: 1 he wants Ren to be with him because she loves him. Is typical for most young men. Unfortunately women are incapable of that level of love men are i.e. selfless sacrifice type love so this is possible in real life 2. He hates her calling him master and herself slave due to the bad conotations of the word. 3. He does not like overt expressions of affection in public. Most men do not. 4. He is still a teenager not fully in control of his emotions yet 5. A man should never show a woman the full amount of his love. If he does this she will consider she deserves better regardless of her status and cheat leave disobey disrespect the man

yass all real women are bitches UwU UWU
Aug 8, 2022 2:55 PM

May 2018
meh ending tbh. At least we got another kiss.

I really want the plot to progress (aka Ren and Takeya becoming a couple) but I doubt it will ever happen lol

5/10
Aug 8, 2022 10:09 PM

Aug 2012
Byniavo said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

I would not say all, just over 90% of them. I am sure there are some exceptions out there.
Aug 9, 2022 1:06 AM

May 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
Byniavo said:

I would not say all, just over 90% of them. I am sure there are some exceptions out there.

Everyone says that until they take a false sexual assault claim to the knee
Aug 9, 2022 7:15 AM

Aug 2012
Byniavo said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Point being there are no exceptions?
Aug 9, 2022 8:00 AM

May 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
Byniavo said:

Exactly. As the gigachad Napoleon once said:

'En France, les femmes sont trop considérées, elles ne doivent pas être regardées comme les égales des hommes, et ne sont, en réalité, que des machines à faire des enfants.'

aka 'In France, women are considered too [much], they shouldn't be seen as the equals of men, and, in reality, are nothing more than machines for making children.'

And that's why slavery of women is the only choice left to us cultured degenerates. Slavery is awesome. All hail DearS
Aug 9, 2022 8:06 AM

Aug 2012
Byniavo said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

'En France, les femmes sont trop considérées, elles ne doivent pas être regardées comme les égales des hommes, et ne sont, en réalité, que des machines à faire des enfants.'

aka 'In France, women are considered too [much], they shouldn't be seen as the equals of men, and, in reality, are nothing more than machines for making children.'

And that's why slavery of women is the only choice left to us cultured degenerates. Slavery is awesome. All hail DearS

Well I will have to disagree with no existing exceptions although finding one can be considered a miracle.
Regarding the sentence, yes women are inferior to men as potential in everything not related to child raising but I would disagree they are just machines for making children. The simple fact is that they cannot be left in charge of important things, so they should not be able to lead men or vote. That is the most important. Consider under 15% of all women can actually do traditionally male jobs. If the rest that cannot are fired or better yet not hired at all and there is no daddy state to support them financially they will have no choice but to act properly.
Aug 9, 2022 8:23 AM

May 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
Byniavo said:

Well I will have to disagree with no existing exceptions although finding one can be considered a miracle.
Regarding the sentence, yes women are inferior to men as potential in everything not related to child raising but I would disagree they are just machines for making children. The simple fact is that they cannot be left in charge of important things, so they should not be able to lead men or vote. That is the most important. Consider under 15% of all women can actually do traditionally male jobs. If the rest that cannot are fired or better yet not hired at all and there is no daddy state to support them financially they will have no choice but to act properly.

I suppose it would bring a positive psychological effect if we could imagine that the ideal woman is somewhere out there in the world. However, we must be realistic. 2D > 3D as I am sure we can both agree on. And yes thank you fellow degenerate for agreeing with our superior ways of thinking. Women are not people, they are property. After all, you can't file a sexual assault claim if you don't have any human rights.
Aug 9, 2022 8:51 AM

Aug 2012
Byniavo said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

I suppose it would bring a positive psychological effect if we could imagine that the ideal woman is somewhere out there in the world. However, we must be realistic. 2D > 3D as I am sure we can both agree on. And yes thank you fellow degenerate for agreeing with our superior ways of thinking. Women are not people, they are property. After all, you can't file a sexual assault claim if you don't have any human rights.
I never said ideal woman. Just a woman with the mentality before the 1900s. Also I never said no rights. About filing a sac as long as the law says you need prove and if not presented you get to do the time why shouldn't they hae the right?!
Aug 9, 2022 9:16 AM

May 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
Byniavo said:

I never said ideal woman. Just a woman with the mentality before the 1900s. Also I never said no rights. About filing a sac as long as the law says you need prove and if not presented you get to do the time why shouldn't they hae the right?!

Now that is otherworldly thinking!
Aug 31, 2022 7:14 PM

Nov 2018
Damn the showrunners really thought they'd get a sequel in their hands if they layed out that final "reveal" huh. Sad for them, maybe I'll take a look at the manga someday. Oh yeah, squirmy thin glasses girl voiced by a nearly beginner Chiwa Saito IS BEST GIRL, no contest.
May 19, 2023 5:14 PM

Jan 2013
Man, that MC was freaking pathetic. One of the worsts MCs I’ve seen. This show wasn’t good because of him. He ruined everything and it took literally 13 eps and a half for him to finally develop a little. The charm of Miu and Ren was what kept me to watch this. The glasses girl wasn’t bad as well, but too bad she liked the pathetic MC. Honestly, even the red haired classmate friend did more than Takeya. At least he had real jokes and he actually tried to save Ren at the end. Which is ironic because the pathetic MC ended up needing saving at the end. The antagonists were super weak as well, we saw their backs most of the time and most of their scenes didnt make sense.

The concept was cool. Could’ve done so much better!

More topics from this board

Poll: » DearS Episode 7 Discussion

xl3lueazndragonx - Oct 13, 2008

10 by HaremOnlyWeeb69 »»
Jan 18, 11:36 PM

Poll: » DearS Episode 11 Discussion

Bzykunio - Aug 19, 2009

10 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 7, 2023 1:05 AM

Poll: » DearS Episode 10 Discussion

Ashhk - Jul 29, 2020

3 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 6, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » DearS Episode 9 Discussion

resilent - Oct 7, 2008

13 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 6, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » DearS Episode 8 Discussion

ShyGuyLink - Dec 18, 2012

7 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 6, 2023 3:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.