Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 15, 2009 4:47 PM
Jun 2008
The story of how they met themselves was so good =)
I really like Kotomi, I don't want her disappearance after her ark's end...
Dec 19, 2009 3:17 AM

Jan 2009
Those are some real friends for Kotomi.
Feb 10, 2010 2:57 PM

Oct 2008
Loved this episode. So sad and tear-jerking. The flashback and everything was really nice and all. The thing I loved was at the very end, in the preview of episode 14. Kotomi's words, "I always remembered the boy who wandered into the yard. I really, really liked that boy. He was my only friend...so I kept waiting for him." :']
Mar 23, 2010 2:34 PM

Jan 2010
well now this episode has a great hidden meaning behind it ^^...work hard and the results will be great :-)

Tomoya's such a great chap to do so much for a friend :)

we also get to know a little more about the paralel universe idea(wich is actually debated in real life aswell,using the same ideas like the anime does,so i guess the creator is a fan of this theory)
ep14 will be really dramatic i think :(

5/5,and clannad is starting to be "clannad" more and more :)
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Apr 7, 2010 6:52 PM

Mar 2010
Nice episode.
It must be tough for Tomoya. I hate gardening.
May 24, 2010 1:54 PM

May 2010
I wonder if they'll be able to finish getting rid of all those weeds in time for Kotomi's birthday.
Jul 8, 2010 8:07 PM

Mar 2009
I'm guessing Kotomi wouldn't go to study abroad then.
Jul 11, 2010 12:42 PM

Dec 2009
I feel sorry for Kotomi, but I cannot become that attached as with Fuko.
If only her parents stayed home for her Birthday.
Jul 23, 2010 1:05 PM

Feb 2010
kasumisama said:
I should be enjoying this more, but I'm just not, and this ep. confirmed this. It's well done and all, but I can't seem to get emotionally attached to the characters, which pretty much kills a show like this. Eh. Still good enough to watch more though.

I totally get what you're saying. I think sometimes it depends on the particular arc... the fuko one did practically nothing for me (not until the very end) but this one is affecting me.

But yeah, I almost stopped watching during the fuko arc... but I'm glad I stuck with it!!

this ep gets 5/5 for me!
Aug 11, 2010 4:45 PM
Jan 2010
Leaving a (elementary school?) kid behind while the parents go on a vacation or whatever. That's what I call good parenting.
Sep 4, 2010 7:48 PM
Jun 2010
Divine_Judgement said:
Leaving a (elementary school?) kid behind while the parents go on a vacation or whatever. That's what I call good parenting.

yea except it was an urgent business meeting instead of a vacation....
Sep 6, 2010 4:14 AM

Feb 2009
Slower, but sweet episode. I like the way they are putting so much humanity in these characters.
Sep 24, 2010 4:25 PM
Mar 2010
Transition episode..... next probably is final ep of Kotomi's arc!!!
This arc is more linear.... I hope next ep will be very good!!! even so I expected Kyou and Tomoyo arc..... however kotomi isn't bad character

next to 14th ep
Sep 29, 2010 11:49 AM

Sep 2010
There is one thing I don't particularly understand. Kotomi's parents left the country, and left their maid/helper to watch over her, but she got sick so that's why she wasn't around. Now Kotomi is older, but is there a reason she is still living in that house, seemingly alone? They don't show anybody else living with her so I'm a bit confused. She's obviously very self-sufficient, but she's still a minor. o_O
Oct 8, 2010 6:13 PM

Feb 2010
people with a mind like mine can figure out why the scene where Kotomi asks for a bear is so wrong LOL
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2010 6:41 AM

Apr 2010
Its not as dramatic as it looks but its still a decent episode.
Dec 14, 2010 6:10 PM

May 2010
Senri_Kudou said:
Its not as dramatic as it looks but its still a decent episode.

This.
Dec 15, 2010 12:34 PM

Dec 2008
Kotomi's back story was heartbreaking. *cries*
Apr 10, 2011 12:44 AM
Jul 2010
I liked it. I didn't love it but I liked it. I think every episode is really well done but I can't get emotionally attached to the characters which is kinda bad for this type of anime. But I really like Tomoya. Are there any guys like that in real life? If so, I wish I could find one.
Apr 21, 2011 3:16 PM

Mar 2011
Hmmmm.... So, Okazaki has decided to do Kotomi's garden. That's nice and all, but in the scene where I saw him stood there in shirt and tie I thought to myself "Noooo....dont garden in that, you'll mucky your good trousers...and...wtf kind of high schooler/sixth former wears a formal shirt and tie (and f-ing tie clip) on his days off?"

Ahem!

Anyways, good episode, although this comedy-tragedy swing is messing up my hormones! Eesh! I'm liking Kyou more and more with every passing episode, and sometimes, just sometimes, when she appears on screen in some shots, her faceshape/eyes/mouth look like Kagami from Lucky Star! And boy, do I love Kagami!
May 28, 2011 8:48 AM
Jul 2009
It's been such a heartbreaking series. Going on with the theory of everything.
Dec 29, 2011 7:25 PM

Jun 2011
AnimusNathan said:
So much potential in this anime. Too bad they're going to throw it all away on Nagisa in the end.

Nagisa = generic non-personality mary-sue. Tch.

i don't think nagisa is that generic.
tbh, i believe that she's the most complex character
out of all of them combined. of course counting the
times i've re-watched this series.
Dec 29, 2011 7:43 PM

Sep 2011
mikomu said:
AnimusNathan said:
So much potential in this anime. Too bad they're going to throw it all away on Nagisa in the end.

Nagisa = generic non-personality mary-sue. Tch.

i don't think nagisa is that generic.
tbh, i believe that she's the most complex character
out of all of them combined. of course counting the
times i've re-watched this series.
agreed, while she isnt the most complex she is the most developed and no one can deny after watching after story that nagisa and tomoya are meant for eachother, you just cant, if you think otherwise your pulling it out your ass or just cant let go on hopeless ships

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 10, 2012 12:54 PM

Jul 2009
OH, WHAT A MELODRAMA!

Have to agree with tomoya on this one - there's too much drama, it's too forced! It doesn't work!

Well, at least on those who have IQ over 100 apparently. -_-

+NAGISA BEING A COMPLEX CHARACTER, LMAO!!!!!!!!!111111111

She's brainless, cookie cutter moeblob without ANY character whatsoever - her only trait is her moeness.
Apr 14, 2012 4:19 PM

Jan 2012
Definitely cried at this episode. Tomoya still sounded like a man as a boy haha.
Apr 14, 2012 9:33 PM

Nov 2010
orzel286 said:
OH, WHAT A MELODRAMA!

Have to agree with tomoya on this one - there's too much drama, it's too forced! It doesn't work!

She's brainless, cookie cutter moeblob without ANY character whatsoever - her only trait is her moeness.

It depends on taste and attachment to the piece of work, and didn't have any relation to IQ, you moron :p

(I'm betting that almost all of the people who are here have over than 100 in their IQ score)
Apr 20, 2012 8:00 PM

Oct 2009
"From now on I'll be a good girl. Please god, bring my father and mother back to me"
Poor Kotomi T_T
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
Apr 28, 2012 1:18 AM

Dec 2010
Definitely the saddest episode to now. I feel so bad for Kotomi, but Tomoya in his own place seems to have suffered maybe as much - he even forgot his childhood memories... I guess it has something to do with his Father =\

The music theme at the beginning is so killing me...
MeritasApr 28, 2012 1:32 AM
Jun 12, 2012 3:05 PM

Jul 2009
I really liked the flashback. Poor Kotomi, no friends, then her parents die D: The scene when she was crying asking for her parents back was sad :( Although setting fire to the paper and thus the room? Er, not so smart lol (although I suppose she wasn't thinking very clearly).
Tomoya cleans up the garden ... well, coolio, but I'm not so sure that he should be skipping school, and it's his 3rd year too ... so basically, almost exam time? D; I think they should just get a new violin, too; would Kotomi even notice the difference? Not to mention it would be cheaper and wouldn't take MONTHS to get ... *sigh* Stubbornness of anime peoples -_-" Not to mention the lighting at the end ... shouldn't it be in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT so it should be DARK?! Where's all this light coming from?! They keep showing the night sky and then THERE'S LIGHT COMING FROM THE SIDES. It's not like it even matters really but it really just annoyed me lol O_O
A few questions though, like why Kotomi was allowed to live alone as a child (and thus burn everything up), and why Tomoya didn't show up for her birthday party. Next episode looks like the last Kotomi arc one though? I guess we'll get to find out about the whole rabbit deer thing at last, and the stuff her parents were working on? Also I wonder if she'll end up going abroad too ...
Oct 10, 2012 12:53 AM
Oct 2012
Such a beautiful, it really got to me, the flash backs especially. I dunno what it is about Jun Maeda but he sure writes a good story. T-T
Oct 29, 2012 8:42 AM

Oct 2012
The best episode so far! The feeling of friendship Okazaki and others is amazing! *-*
Feb 22, 2013 9:05 AM

Jan 2012
Kotomi's story is quite sad. Hope everything will turn out okay.

Mar 12, 2013 10:17 AM

Jan 2013
Again with the teary eyes! :')

Flashback of Kotomi was very emotional and I'm growing very much attached to her story. The preview for the next ep looks like it's gonna be another sad/emotional one. I'm really looking forward to it
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Apr 3, 2013 9:00 AM

Sep 2012
Kotomi... Poor violin, crashed lol
Jun 11, 2013 1:47 PM

May 2013
AngelLily said:
There's an arc missing there, PimpToad, about the Girl and her Robot friend.

Yeah I was pretty curious who that is!
Jun 11, 2013 1:58 PM

May 2013
I just don't know what I think about this show, it's ep 13 and I still don't like or hate it, but I'm curious enough to keep watching..

I mean, the story is there.. but I it's not as touching as it's supposed to be. I really don't know why I can't take it seriously.
I just find the characters extremly annoying. Aren't they in highschool, why the hell are they acting like little kids, I don't mean the supposed-to-be funny moments, but they're acting weird allll the time, it's like when you watch a movie with bad actors.. you could feel that they're acting, that's how I feel about the main characters. Okazaki is actually the only one acting normal in this show.
Lady_OumJun 11, 2013 2:02 PM
Jun 11, 2013 2:03 PM

May 2013
orzel286 said:
OH, WHAT A MELODRAMA!

^this, Amen..
Jul 19, 2013 2:10 AM
Jun 2013
How the fuck did Kotomi look after herself after the death of her parents; wouldn't social services get involved. And fuck doing her garden she can do it herself. Casually just chills out in her room while her friends do it, what a bitch. 7.9/10.
Aug 16, 2013 6:36 AM

Feb 2013
Saddest episode so far. :'(

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Aug 25, 2013 2:52 PM

Oct 2011
So sad T__T I felt so sad for Kotomi. I wonder why Tomoya didn't show up for her birthday, I'm assuming something bad happened with his father. I hope Kotomi's arc gets a happy ending.
Aug 26, 2013 7:04 PM

Jan 2013
Sad episode,but i hope Okazaki finishes cleaning that garden,i think it would be a great present for Kotomi.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 27, 2013 9:17 PM
Jan 2013
I've been looking at how the girls act toward Tomoya, and I think Ryou is the only one who likes him romantically... although Kotomi has made a few suggestive motions... I think the others are either only friendly with him, or in the case of Kyou, concerned for her sister's feelings.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Sep 25, 2013 6:19 PM

Jun 2013
This was a very sad episode. I feel so bad for Kotomi. This series is just crafted too well.
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Mar 4, 2014 10:31 PM

Oct 2013
kotomy so depresssed
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Apr 6, 2014 7:01 AM

Dec 2010
Tsk, this episode...
May 15, 2014 9:51 AM

May 2013
D'awwhhh, my poor Kotomi-chan ;~; I just wanna see why Tomoya-kun never showed up .-. Maybe he was looking for a bear for her or something ;3
Jun 11, 2014 3:11 AM
Jul 2011
I Watched The English Version of Clannad Epiisode 13 And I don't know Who Forgotten Who so Could I Ask Is Tomoya Already Forgotten Kotomi Or Is Kotomi Already Forgotten Tomoya ?
Oct 4, 2014 7:56 PM

May 2013
Aww, it's Kotomi's past! Tomoya didn't appear at her party, while her parents disappeared. (T_T)
Although I wonder how Kotomi at her age took care of herself.
Well, don't worry about that, Kotomi! Tomoya will take care of you...r garden.

Kotomi's leaving soon to study abroad while Tomoya and friends are getting ready for her birthday.
Hopefully, this will end well too.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Dec 27, 2014 1:50 PM

Jan 2014
some things are not adding up:
1) why is kotomi so bad at playing violin? she sounded fine as a kid
2) why did tomoya miss her birthday party? that seems out of character
3) has kotomi really been living by herself in that house, all alone since she was a small child? are we supposed to believe that?

Crisu said:
Anime like these really minimize the importance of school and studying. Unless the Japanese just really don't have that much homework. But, when needed in the plot, characters always say "Mou, I have so much homework!" So which is it?

THANK YOU. for the love of dango, do these children not have schoolwork to do???
Jan 10, 2015 10:41 PM

Nov 2014
Kotomi's flashbacks...so heartbreaking, when she was asking god to bring back her parents omg :'(

But I really admire what Tomoya is doing for Kotomi and it was nice to see at the end of the episode the girls joining him as well to help out.

Little Kotomi & Tomoya were so adorable! It's sad that even after Kotomi's parents left...Tomoya never ended up going to see her for her birthday, I'm curious to know why...

I just hope they can manage to get the Violin repaired in time for Kotomi's birthday.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Awesmoe - Mar 28, 2008

349 by EM1LL3US »»
Apr 10, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KY791 - Mar 13, 2008

145 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 6, 6:08 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KY791 - Mar 6, 2008

214 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 6, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nodoka-koi - Nov 29, 2007

442 by Viipers7810 »»
Apr 5, 2:16 AM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KY791 - Feb 28, 2008

158 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 4, 9:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.