Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2009 12:50 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Again, this is not the LAST time Istvan will be haunted by Marius's death. In the future, kingdoms will fall because of that (probably not in the anime) and Amnelis' fate is sealed on that as well (probably not in the anime).

So, Guin kills the assassin pretty easily. I lol'ed at how easy he slaughtered the assassin that looked pretty strong....

Can't believe there are only 6 episodes remaining :/

bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 19, 2009 1:10 PM

Feb 2009
The awesomeness of Guin in incomparable I only blinked and the assassin was dead.

You seems to know a lot about Guin saga wakka9ca? I only wish that these 26 episodes ain't the last the last they made from that awesome story. It's one anime I wouldn't mind watching if it goes over 200 episodes. (I still was Detective Conan and its nowhere near the great material GS is made of)
Aug 19, 2009 1:23 PM

Jan 2009
If I remember correctly, wakka's one of the few people here who's read the actual Guin Saga novels. Glad to see the action's back this episode.
Aug 19, 2009 4:19 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
SLiK said:
If I remember correctly, wakka's one of the few people here who's read the actual Guin Saga novels. Glad to see the action's back this episode.

I've read a few, then I went for complete summaries instead :/ It was too long....and hard to get the books...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 19, 2009 6:46 PM

Jul 2009
wakka9ca said:
Again, this is not the LAST time Istvan will be haunted by Marius's death. In the future, kingdoms will fall because of that (probably not in the anime) and Amnelis' fate is sealed on that as well (probably not in the anime).

So, Guin kills the assassin pretty easily. I lol'ed at how easy he slaughtered the assassin that looked pretty strong....

Can't believe there are only 6 episodes remaining :/

Sorry, dude, but I believe you got someone's name wrong here ;) & Dont be sad, cuz when this show is over, Berserk will come up... SOON !!! ( Well, that's still a rumor but better to have a show to wait for than nothing, rite ?)

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Aug 25, 2009 2:04 PM

Feb 2009
You should use spoiler tags you know, in case some of that stuff will be shown in the anime.
Aug 25, 2009 5:14 PM

Jan 2009
If I were Guin right now, I'd keep a close eye on Remus. I'm certain this guy will go crazy at the drop of a hat somewhere down the road. During this episode, I thought Istovan was caught between two extremes until he decided to sell that information for something huge.
Aug 25, 2009 6:09 PM

Oct 2007
@6:09 where did Istovan jump so high from? Or maybe he was just falling from the sky, I guess.

Loves the direction of this episode. It is a sad thing to know that only 6 episodes more to go -_- I am really want to see the future fate of all these main characters beyond this arc.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Aug 25, 2009 9:11 PM

Aug 2008
Ok episode. Considering there are only 6 episodes yet, I'm a little concerned at what they will deem important enough to be the climax. There are so many threads, that I feel like something will be neglected. I think the main one will be Remus, and honestly, there are a few factions that I just don't really get their place...like the guys going up the mountain. I remember that they got introduced in the same episode that Rinda went gaga over Istovan, but since I was so shocked by that that I never fully grasped who they were and what their point was.

That aside, I did like the last few minutes a lot.
Aug 26, 2009 4:58 AM

Oct 2007
noteDhero said:
There are so many threads, that I feel like something will be neglected. I think the main one will be Remus, and honestly, there are a few factions that I just don't really get their place...like the guys going up the mountain. I remember that they got introduced in the same episode that Rinda went gaga over Istovan, but since I was so shocked by that that I never fully grasped who they were and what their point was.

That aside, I did like the last few minutes a lot.
Well nor do I. I feel like they are just a side character for this season.

From what wakka9ca has said so far and what Linda said at the end and the situation of Istovan, I feel like all of our main characters Linda, Remus, Guin, Istova and Naris are not going to be in one place altogether in the future.

Aug 26, 2009 9:49 AM

Aug 2008
Part of me feels like they are pushing for a final showdown for Prince of Parros, with Remus declaring that he is the rightful prince, and that Naris is just a retainer, even though he has his own scheme to make it to take the throne also. Then Istovan is (not) delivering that message about sieging Crystal, so even if he isn't there, his impact will still be great. They are making a clash almost unavoidable.
Aug 26, 2009 10:31 AM

Oct 2007
We know that Remus and Naris are badass now and the clash between the two is a must otherwise I am going to be disappointed. As for Istova, he is better bring more disaster to wherever he went, I am kind of interest in his fate LOL

Aug 26, 2009 12:53 PM
Dec 2007
Great ending indeed (after Yoko that brings disaster to the men close to her, Istvan, the man that brings disaster to anyone close to him) and the plot is progressing well. It's great that Aldo gets to mount a rebellion (and probably takes back the palace) before Remus returns with his army, it will spice up things a little. Well, they didn't really need to be spiced up though as they are fated to fight for the throne either way. Oh I so hope that the treacherous androgyne will get stomped by the badass small prince !

Too bad there are only 6 episodes left though.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 27, 2009 1:52 PM

Jul 2009
Siva said:
As for Istova, he is better bring more disaster to wherever he went, I am kind of interest in his fate LOL

Me too!!! Me want to see his NICE BOAT at the end and it should be done by none other than... Rinda!!! xD

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Sep 6, 2009 12:25 AM

Jul 2008
poor miria, istovan really does create misfortune for people; anyways huge battle soon, can't wait
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Sep 6, 2009 1:20 AM

May 2008
So, can anyone tell me if the Anime is staying faithful to the novels?

On a side not, tried searching for the books here but to no avail. I'll go try ebay. Lol
Feb 23, 2013 2:34 PM

Nov 2011
*sigh* such a sad moment @ the end there in a sad world of cruelty. Honestly, Millia didn't deserve that, not one fucking bit.
May 20, 2015 12:01 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm having a hard time with all the factions involved to be honest. I feel like they're rushing through the story to cover as much from the novels as is possible.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 28, 2015 12:24 PM
Dec 2014
canephalanx said:
So, can anyone tell me if the Anime is staying faithful to the novels?

On a side not, tried searching for the books here but to no avail. I'll go try ebay. Lol

Getting the books is easy. The hard part is reading them in Japanese ;)

So often we have to rely on fan translations and these books were never picked up in their entirety IIRC.

And with the way this industry is now we will never see more anime of the books.
Jan 1, 2016 1:59 PM

Oct 2013
Another great episode. Oh I wish someone start translating the novels.
May 5, 2018 5:03 AM

Jul 2008
Just how much time passed after the last episode? Istavan is acting like it's been years.
Aug 7, 2022 8:52 AM

Feb 2018
Poor Milia deserved better :< Guin continues his journey with the twins on the road once again, Istavan keeps striving for his dream!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 15 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jul 12, 2009

27 by abystoma2 »»
Mar 13, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

wakka9ca - Apr 12, 2009

70 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 30, 7:24 PM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 11 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 14, 2009

17 by Adam_R »»
Sep 25, 2023 9:08 PM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 16 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jul 20, 2009

32 by nhkam »»
Sep 17, 2023 8:49 PM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 1, 2009

24 by BaronLukis »»
Aug 20, 2023 4:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.