Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2009 7:58 PM

Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
lol guessed as much would happen when they left happosai behind.

though it all being a dream was more of a given when they went to the future.
the mirror takes you to a place and time that you can remember, you can't remember the future.
Dec 4, 2011 3:52 PM
Nov 2011
Yeah I figured as much as well. Just about one of the only episodes this season that you had to have seen a previous episode in order not to be a little lost about the mirror. Most of these episodes are definitely stand-alones, I really hope we get a little more of a plot in the next season...
Jan 30, 2014 8:41 AM

Aug 2008
Man that must have been a frightening nightmare if he's dreaming about Akane and Ryoga being married. o.O
Feb 26, 2017 7:11 AM

Feb 2013
I liked the part where Akane was married with Ryoga, that was funny, even their kids turned into P-chan's.
Jun 9, 2021 8:45 AM

Apr 2013
Good thing they decided to just make this a dream, because it did not make an awful lot of sense.
Apr 18, 2022 11:39 AM

Jan 2018
According to broadcast order, this was supposed to be episode 63 but Viz made it episode 64 and put it after episode 69 (which was episode 63 in the DVD). Confusing. The preview in the English dub talks about how Ranma 1/2 is one of the most successful anime and the series basically got renewed for another season. That's very cute.

I didn't think Magic Mirror would come back again. But what the fuck was that future? Akane married Ryoga and had triplets who also turn into small P-chans? Glad they didn't dwell long in that dark future.

The going to the past part which was most of the episode was even weirder. The animation going back on forth from old to new was a bit disturbing but not a big deal. It was refreshing to see long-hair Akane again. But I think now I'm more used to short-haired Akane. Unrelated but wonder if Dr. Tofu will ever return. Nabiki and Kasumi are extras by now. They don't even serve the purpose of side-characters anymore.

The ending was probably the weirdest part. There's no way it could've been solved as anything but the "it was all a dream" scenario, or else this would've been one of those open endings with no real resolution.
Dec 30, 2022 1:01 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
appears the school director and arrive the "craziness"! kekeke
Sep 12, 2023 10:34 PM

Apr 2020
So if Ranma and Shampoo were to have children, once submerged in water, does this mean they would become catgirls?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 51 Discussion

enkil - Aug 8, 2009

6 by TheColonel76 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 50 Discussion

enkil - Aug 7, 2009

7 by TheColonel76 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 49 Discussion

enkil - Aug 7, 2009

22 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 48 Discussion

enkil - Aug 6, 2009

5 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 6:22 PM

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 95 Discussion

Fake_Williams - May 9, 2016

7 by uridon »»
Apr 17, 5:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.