Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 23, 2014 11:53 AM

Sep 2007
Hope no Yukine-haters drop after this ep cuz it does look like that whole "infected by Yukine" stuff looks like it's gonna be resolved next ep (unless they somehow stretch it or something).

Oh gawd YES though. Loved how that bully issue is resolved.

Darn you cliffhanger! Darn you!
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Feb 23, 2014 11:56 AM

Mar 2012
I guess I'm the only one who likes Yukine...
Feb 23, 2014 12:03 PM
Mar 2013
I seriously hate Yukine.
Feb 23, 2014 12:06 PM

Nov 2011
Ikano said:
Hope no Yukine-haters drop after this ep cuz it does look like that whole "infected by Yukine" stuff looks like it's gonna be resolved next ep (unless they somehow stretch it or something)

I dont know about other people,but it requires more than just one irritating character to drop the series ( in Noragami's case Yukine). Beside i wanna know why Yato killed one of the Bishamon's shinki.
Feb 23, 2014 12:24 PM

Nov 2013
Scary Kofuku, did not expect that O.o
Aaaaand a cliffhanger. Sigh.
Oh well 5/5
Feb 23, 2014 12:27 PM

Jan 2008
Can someone finally punch that whiny little b***? In this episode, Yukine reached the Ikari Shinji's level of being annoying.

And damn, that cliffhanger!
-
Feb 23, 2014 12:33 PM

Nov 2012
glamazon said:

no, i like him too :( i know he was acting really selfishly but i'm sure there's a reason for that..
what will happen to yato now, i wonder?
Feb 23, 2014 12:42 PM

Jun 2012
I like Yukine, but at the same time I want him to die.
Feb 23, 2014 12:55 PM

Jun 2013
Another nice episode! Episode 7 is honestly not as good as the others so I'm glad episode 8 is THIS amusing. The OP changed a bit, no more past Yato aka God of Calamity on the opening.

I love Yato's entrance on the girl's bathroom and the way Hiyori smacked them with a broom (mop?), in any case, it's hilarious XD

Of to Veena and Kofuku, the God of Poverty is one hell of a scary god. Kofuku is either cute or scary and these traits add to her charm :D

Back to the school...
Yukine finding some clothes, playing games and etc. Must be sad for him. Being alone and you know :(

The bully and the bullied... YOU DON'T GIVE MIDDLE SCHOOL KIDS SOME RANDOM CUTTER (I'm guessing this is how Hiyori reacted)

And the bully vs Manabu fight ends. Another life lesson learned from Noragami, wooohooo

Side bully story aside, I can relate to Yukine so much it hurts... I DIDN'T KNOW I WAS THAT ANNOYING XD

If it wasn't for that relation, I would hate Yukine A LOT by now and join majority of the Noragami fans on the SS Kill Yukine.

What happened to Yukine, the "I'm alone", "Why only me"... I've experienced it before and it really makes you loose your mind D:

Perhaps this is the reason why Yato is still keeping Yukine? o.O
That Yato could relate himself to him?
Feb 23, 2014 1:08 PM

Nov 2008
The bathroom scene so hilarious.

Yukine needs to be taught a lesson now. Useless and bratty.
Feb 23, 2014 1:14 PM

Sep 2012
Yukine needs to calm down.
Feb 23, 2014 1:18 PM
Feb 2013
Everyone needs to stop hating on Yukine so much; sure, he's an emotional wreck but if you were dead his age to see on the life you were missing out on, you're probably going to feel pretty messed up too.

sigh, but alas people shall always hate the more realistic characters

Episode was great though, I love Hiyori and dayum, dat cliffhanger doe.
Feb 23, 2014 1:20 PM

Sep 2013
GREAT EPISODE

Nice to see kofuku being awesome as usual. Also, anyone else notice the change in the opening?

Feb 23, 2014 1:29 PM

Nov 2013
yukine is such an annoying character. I know it's for character and plot development but every episode is just him complaining. He is worse than those rich kids that complain about not having an iphone 5s
Feb 23, 2014 1:33 PM
Jan 2011
Oh, it looks like Kofuku's shinki doesn't want anything to do with Yato and the girl co'z of the blight, not good for the 2.
Feb 23, 2014 1:35 PM

Jun 2012
xderaai said:
Everyone needs to stop hating on Yukine so much; sure, he's an emotional wreck but if you were dead his age to see on the life you were missing out on, you're probably going to feel pretty messed up too.

sigh, but alas people shall always hate the more realistic characters

True, Yukine's realization he'll never have a normal life like those kids is crushingly sad, and his reactions are pretty realistic, BUT realistically annoying is still annoying.
I don't hate Yukine, I feel sad for him, but in his current state of mind he's still really really annoying...

Feb 23, 2014 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
I always felt that Kofuku was hiding something important about herself and leading us on with her cheerful character. This episode just confirmed it. Great episode. :)
Feb 23, 2014 1:41 PM

Jun 2013
Man that episode was really good, hopefully Yatto will be okay.
Feb 23, 2014 1:43 PM

Jan 2013
Still don't like Yukine...If you were the weapon of a God, you'd get getting over being dead real quick. Emotional wreck < Weapon of the God of War...Seriously???!?!?
Feb 23, 2014 1:44 PM

Jan 2014
Kofuku was badass!

and that ending....asldkjfa;sdgkn;aoweijpt

I don't know how I'm gonna last till next week DX
Feb 23, 2014 1:44 PM
Jul 2018
Yukine gone too far in this episode, he went crazy around the school and breaking the windows because of he cannot live in his school life.

I hope Daikoku and Kofuku will help Yato.
Feb 23, 2014 1:46 PM

Jun 2009
yukine is getting kind of annoying .. oh well
I really hope they stay faithful to the manga but they are adding a new character so.. eh

Im assuming season 2 will have the
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Feb 23, 2014 1:47 PM

Jun 2009
glamazon said:

shippos said:
GREAT EPISODE

Nice to see kofuku being awesome as usual. Also, anyone else notice the change in the opening?

you guys you should really read from time to time what others are writing as well

1) cause no your not the only one that loves Yukine their still much more
and that yukine LOVE/Hate discussion goes on already for at least 6 eps threw
it gets annoying -- besides after the next ep the scored is settled anyways on that question and the haters go back too kawaii yukine right !!

2) yeah many saw the changes
Feb 23, 2014 1:49 PM
Jul 2013
Unexpected outcome, the curse of Yato is serious and now Hiyori is also infected. The next episode should be very interesting.
Feb 23, 2014 1:54 PM

Jun 2009
yato/ Yukine
Feb 23, 2014 1:55 PM

Jan 2012
I really liked the serious kofuku xD

And that damn yukine is so annoying here... poor yato :(
Feb 23, 2014 1:58 PM

Nov 2011
next episode looks intense
Hate Keeps me warm
Feb 23, 2014 2:01 PM

Jun 2010
Hoooooly shit. Dat face off between Bisha and Kofuku.

I don't really get why Yato won't just release Yukine. Just find another Shinki, god. Who cares about him at this point.

Poor Hiyori. I bet she doesn't know what to do when Daikoku put up the borderline.
Feb 23, 2014 2:05 PM

Aug 2013
I loved how serious Kofuku was this episode <3

http://screencast.com/t/wiDvZEkoSfUd

Dat cliffhanger damn, cant wait for next week!
My Candies:
Feb 23, 2014 2:07 PM

Mar 2012
I personally hope Yukine doesn't get saved or something and dies and Nora becomes yato's shishinki.
Feb 23, 2014 2:09 PM

Jul 2010
I'm getting real tired of Yukine's shit (even though I kinda feel bad for him too)... Hiyori as well, because I really hate those female characters who beat up male characters just because they're "perverts", when they're not.
But I'm starting to like Kofuku more and more ^o^

Can't wait for the next episode~
Feb 23, 2014 2:10 PM

Jun 2009
Andyis said:
I personally hope Yukine doesn't get saved or something and dies and Nora becomes yato's shishinki.

do do so many hope that

like yato said this ep
maybe I wanna have that too - someone unique

nora isn't unique shes a stray and that means shes not his alone

is it soo bad to want a shinki what just belongs to u ?
Feb 23, 2014 2:19 PM

Jun 2009
crookedQueen said:
Kofuku was badass!

and that ending....asldkjfa;sdgkn;aoweijpt

I don't know how I'm gonna last till next week DX

well I think its awesome to can be as patient as some off u
--at last now I would read the manga if I haven't done till now to make the waiting time shorter
Feb 23, 2014 2:29 PM

Jul 2013
Kofuku and Bishamon seem to get along quite well.
Kofuku threatening Bishamon if anything does happen to him..
Kofuku's serious mode. dayum. She's pretty cool. badass performance.
Manabu's story, bully/victim. LOL the bully pissed his pants
Manabu made the right decision in the end, good for him. Hope everything turns out well for him from this point on.
Yukine getting real angry, taking his frustration out on the windows of the school with a baseball bat.
Yato getting blighted and facing a near death situation.
Daikoku made a borderline, probably to protect themselves from getting infected by the blight or w/e.
Hope they can help 'em out.
Feb 23, 2014 2:33 PM

Aug 2013
I love how Kofuku's tone of voice changed when she was in badass mode.
Feb 23, 2014 2:44 PM

Nov 2012
Hope they don't continue this emo/sob story bullshit for the remainder of the series cuz this is seriously boring.

All i want to see is stuff getting cut up and a ball gag in Yukines mouth.
Feb 23, 2014 2:57 PM

Jul 2012
Small changes in opening. Great adaptation.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Feb 23, 2014 3:09 PM

Apr 2011
best episode so far

also i absolutely love the voices of the phantoms, it's so perfect
Feb 23, 2014 3:13 PM

Dec 2011
I love Kofuku this episode, she stood up to Bishamon like she's nothing...
Can't wait to see the purification process next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2014 3:17 PM

Dec 2013
Loved this episode. The depth that it showed was great. I hope someone saves him.
Eh
Feb 23, 2014 3:22 PM

Aug 2012
Hopefully this will show Yukine that he does have a friend so we can move on with the trio at least somewhat meshing.

The awkward pause with Hiyori peeking up Yato's shirt, and Yato's face lol.

OST was fantastic as usual, especially when Yato's blight started spreading.
Feb 23, 2014 3:24 PM

May 2013
I've been waiting for an episode like this!!! IMO this episode just pushed this show to another level. I really liked how the dove into the loneliness and despair that Yukine was feeling, as well as the struggle of being alone in school from that other kid. I still would like them to tell Yukine's backstory to us though. I'm now very curious to see where this show is headed, because I was beginning to think they would just be fucking around and doing nothing for all 12 episodes.
Feb 23, 2014 3:26 PM

Jul 2010
Seems like Yukine finally realizes what doing bad stuff does to Yato and this will be the long awaited turning point in his behavior. Well I can't blame him for being angry/upset seeing all those kids carelessy enjoying their school life and hanging out together but as I said before, it doesn't excuse his behavior.

I'm really curious how things will go betwen Yukine and Yato once they sort this out though, we know Yukine is a really sharp and amazing blade but I imagine he'll become even better if they are more in synch? :)
Feb 23, 2014 3:42 PM

Jun 2013
Goddammit Yukine.
Feb 23, 2014 3:43 PM

Jan 2011
The three characters are in a family relationship. The father endures all the hardships for not being able to provide for his son. The mother tries to keep the family intact after realizing she is really powerless in the situation. The son goes through a coming of age transformation.

This episode gives us a good insight into Yukine's mind. He is upset because he doesn't belong anywhere. He can't accept the fact he is dead and longs for the things regular humans have. If you are given the opportunity to become immortal but forever invisible to the human senses, will you do it? As the audience, we show empathy for what Yukine is going through because as humans, we always try to fit in somewhere. If society simply ignores you and becomes ignorant of your existence, it will take a toll on the person, especially if the person has an adolescent mind.

We can't blame Yukine when he is longing for basic human rights. If you guys are bitching at him for wanting to be able to TALK to other people besides the same few, why don't you experiment and lock yourself in a dark cave and see how long you can survive without going insane. The world he lives in isn't filled with roses and sunshine, but with spirits literally looking to eat your soul.

Refer to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Silverstein
Still, I stand by my point that Yukine is the protagonist in this story. A protagonist has to go through a journey and discover his elixir. Yato and Hiyori doesn't change so much.
Feb 23, 2014 3:53 PM

Jul 2013
that kid gets way too mad, it is annoying
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2014 4:03 PM

Jan 2010
Kofuku!! Damn gurl =D
Feb 23, 2014 4:36 PM

Jan 2014
That crying little bitch also known as yukine needs to die.

"When /a/ sends its fags, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you.
They’re sending fags that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to us.
They’re bringing cancer. They’re bringing bait. They’re shitposters.
And some, I assume, are good fags."
-@Xinil
Feb 23, 2014 4:37 PM

Mar 2012
Kannei said:
glamazon said:

shippos said:
GREAT EPISODE

you guys you should really read from time to time what others are writing as well

1) cause no your not the only one that loves Yukine their still much more
and that yukine LOVE/Hate discussion goes on already for at least 6 eps threw
it gets annoying -- besides after the next ep the scored is settled anyways on that question and the haters go back too kawaii yukine right !!

2) yeah many saw the changes

lol what

if i didnt read the comments how should i know people hate yukine? just see in this topic how many people said good things about him before my comment - that's right, a few ones (maybe no one), that's why I asked (btw I'm happy I'm not the only one)
"and that yukine LOVE/Hate discussion goes on already for at least 6 eps threw" this is an 12 eps anime, in 6 episodes you can have character development enough to make your opinion about him change - and that's what happened anyway, LOTS of people liked him at first and now hate him. As you said before "you should really read from time to time what others are writing as well" bye
Feb 23, 2014 4:38 PM

Nov 2013
Why did that guy put up the barrier at the end?
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

517 by zoehegoburu »»
Feb 21, 7:12 AM

» I will ANIMATE the S3 if no studios does (NOT A BAIT) ( 1 2 3 )

WVM - Feb 19, 2023

110 by Spunkert »»
Feb 17, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

315 by Beatnik »»
Jan 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

301 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

202 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.