Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion


Aug 23, 2009 12:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 76
Since I watched FMA from 5th to 20th episode in only few days, I can't really tell the difference between episodes, but now, when they stepped out of original FMA anime, it's beginning to get good. It's not that I'm having deja vu moments from the old anime, it's simply that untill episode 17 or something like that, it looked to me like they were rushing through anime, wanting to get out of the first FMA anime. Nina arc, was, for example, done way too fast, and didn't show enough emotions. I love their humoristic scenes, when they have simple style of drawing (what's it called again?), but they were using it in wrong places. While original FMA was very very emotional, FMA:B lacks emotions and think only about good animation with the highest quality possible.

Luckly, that's changed from Hughes's death. That episode with Winry telling Ed about the cookies she made almost made me cry (which is rare for me), and, since then, I think anime started going at good pace.

So, I thinik this episode was good =]
 
Aug 23, 2009 1:30 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 35
Pretty nice episode, I guess...
Now they finally found the truth about human transmutation... I thought Ed went crazy when he found out it wasn't his mother @_@
 
Aug 23, 2009 8:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 11
Nice episode, even though I missed the haircut joke :(
 
Aug 23, 2009 9:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 271
Yay!!! Now I'm beginning to like FMA maybe more then Bleach. I can't wait to see the next episode. :D
********************************************************
Note: I decided not to accept random friend requests. Most of the ones I accept will be people I know from other sites unless I get to know some people here. (=^_^=)
 
Aug 23, 2009 9:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4910
TwistedRose said:
Now I'm beginning to like FMA maybe more then Bleach.

Took you long enough : o It's been better than Bleach since it started >.> Bleach has gone from really good in the beginning, to good, and then to mediocre at best.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
 
Aug 23, 2009 9:37 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 1126
Baww no hair jokes. Not even "You're the shortest state alchemist." :c
But at least Hohenhiem sounds good.


 
Aug 24, 2009 8:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1784
no 21 this week, that SUX ARSE!!!
 
Aug 24, 2009 8:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 46
Huh? Is it a pause this week? That sucks. ;_;
 
Aug 24, 2009 11:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 4376
Kexlizard said:
Huh? Is it a pause this week? That sucks. ;_;


like totally o_O
>_<
 
Aug 24, 2009 11:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4910
smokes said:
Kexlizard said:
Huh? Is it a pause this week? That sucks. ;_;

like totally o_O
>_<

Hmmyesitdoes,whyitsucksasmuchasnothavingafuntionalspacebuttononmykeyboard:o
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
 
Aug 24, 2009 4:15 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 30
Oosran said:
smokes said:
Kexlizard said:
Huh? Is it a pause this week? That sucks. ;_;

like totally o_O
>_<

Hmmyesitdoes,whyitsucksasmuchasnothavingafuntionalspacebuttononmykeyboard:o
Alt+32 is an alternative.
 
Aug 24, 2009 10:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 302
Amazing episode if I do say so myself. Ed's Kira laugh was a bit creepy but still, the emotion portrayed is strong. I'm getting rather tired of some people complaining about the Xingese. Of course they'll get to them but now that FMA: Brotherhood is starting to steer onto the manga flow and getting away from the first season, it has to deal with Ed and Al first.
People are strange, when you're a stranger
 
Aug 24, 2009 10:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4910
KayleL said:
Oosran said:
smokes said:
Kexlizard said:
Huh? Is it a pause this week? That sucks. ;_;

like totally o_O
>_<

Hmmyesitdoes,whyitsucksasmuchasnothavingafuntionalspacebuttononmykeyboard:o
Alt+32 is an alternative.

Hey look I can make spaces with Alt+32 : D Although it takes the fun out of it, and it makes it take quite a time to write
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
 
Aug 24, 2009 11:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 1116
So no episode of FMA this week?
 
Aug 25, 2009 8:49 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 16
I must say -- this show has gotten effing amazing! The battle between lust and mustang was sooooo good, imo. and the story has picked up incredibly! I havent been this excited to see new episodes of a series since death note and dexter. It sucks, though, because the 25 minutes goes by waaaay too fast and I am always, always left wanting so much more!! :(
"I know not what World War III will be fought with, but World War IV will surely be fought with sticks and stones."
 
Aug 25, 2009 9:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1867
Fai said:
Ling!. On this week of "lets cut out the XIng character development"...
Dig-up scene. Done. Brilliantly.


This. (most of the time you just read my mind, you know? xP)

There's no such thing as too much Ling. (ohcrap it rhymed and in such a cheesy way D: DO NOT WANT)
Sadly, I've observed a phenomenon called 'too little Ling'.
Here's to hoping that they'll show some Ling badassery next episode.

Hohopapa! his voice is a little...monotonous. But not bad :D

And as always, light forming 'tears' on Al's armor made me sniff.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.


Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
 
Aug 26, 2009 6:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 198
http://sarcasmpodcast.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=519241 My review of this episode sorry it was a bit late Umineko and anime cons got in the way.
Check out my podcast here
 
Aug 27, 2009 4:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 286
I was under the impression that in Anime the story is streched unnecessarily when compared to the manga by adding fillers (eg: Naruto,Bleach,Inuyasha etc.), but here they have cut short many of the good scenes. The result is that the scenes lose the hihgly emotional feeling that they had in the manga also the detais regarding the characters and their feelings.
 
Aug 27, 2009 2:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 793
i just found out that the voice of ling voices riku in the japanese version of kingdom hearts xD i find that epicly awesome for some reason lol
 
Aug 29, 2009 1:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 346
The pace is being kept pretty well, that's what is the specialty of this show i guess
 
Aug 29, 2009 10:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1538
when is the next ep supposed to come out?
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
 
Aug 29, 2009 11:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 4376
hm, tomorrow ?
 
Aug 29, 2009 12:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 793
eyerok said:
when is the next ep supposed to come out?


comes out tomorrow....if we're lucky subs will be out tomorrow/monday
 
Aug 29, 2009 12:25 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 30
suigetsu00 said:
eyerok said:
when is the next ep supposed to come out?


comes out tomorrow....if we're lucky subs will be out tomorrow/monday

I find Eclipse able to sub an episode by Monday.
 
Aug 29, 2009 12:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 793
KayleL said:
suigetsu00 said:
eyerok said:
when is the next ep supposed to come out?


comes out tomorrow....if we're lucky subs will be out tomorrow/monday

I find Eclipse able to sub an episode by Monday.


yeah thats where i get my subs from
 
Aug 29, 2009 12:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4910
suigetsu00 said:
KayleL said:
suigetsu00 said:
eyerok said:
when is the next ep supposed to come out?


comes out tomorrow....if we're lucky subs will be out tomorrow/monday

I find Eclipse able to sub an episode by Monday.


yeah thats where i get my subs from


Well, they're pretty fast allright, and they say themselves that they're speed subbers, so, I guess we could expect the subs to be out sunday night/monday morning.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
 
Sep 17, 2009 6:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1178
This is one of my favorite anime, lots of questions were answered. Looking forward to how all of this will end.
 
Nov 12, 2009 7:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 3917
adamantine said:
- So, they finally realize the truth about the Human transmutation. And more about Al's situation.
I really liked this realization by Edward and finally by Curtis. Give them hope that Al's body wasn't destroyed. This would explain the comments in chapter 100 of the manga about opening the gate.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

 
Nov 17, 2009 5:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 319
Hohenheim look lots crueler than he was in the 1st season.
creeps me out.

 
May 3, 2010 9:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 99
Awesome episode, I can't wait to see the terrible thing that will happen to the country that the father was talking about!
 
May 19, 2010 8:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2166
I laughed at Winry's last line. I actually want them to form some kind of closer relationship. I don't even remember if that had happened in the first FMA. (Geez, I love romance in anime too much lol).
 
May 28, 2010 1:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 221
What the hell's with that maniacal laughter right there? Ed's losing his sanity
 
Jun 26, 2010 9:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1739
I was expecting a more action centered episode. But still it was an ok episode.

I wonder if Windry is barely going through puberty. LOL
 
Jun 28, 2010 4:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1079
Epic episode!!

As a Anime-only watcher, it's awesome to see the real story unfold.

With every episode it just confirms that I'll be reading the manga.

I'm gonna wait to see if viz releases the Viz Big Editions for this series, b/c they are awesome, and I would love to see FMA in those.

Urahara Out!!
 
Jul 1, 2010 6:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4882
Edward digging up the grave and discovering that it wasn't his mother was SO sad...
 
Jul 3, 2010 12:40 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 2259
pretty good episode :)
 
Jul 6, 2010 7:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1657
Okay now I amreally confused. I thought at first that I understood what was going on. After seeing this episode, I got confused and totally lost, lol. All I understood was Al and Ed's confidence really boosted up after they found out that inofrmation, which I didn't understand, lol.

Okay so that thing wasn't their mom. Isn't that normal though since they were noobs that time and they didn't know what they were doing so it is possible to create something that is really totally random. I don't get what's the big deal of this hair color and size of bones.

Also, Hohenheim sure is a strange person. From the way he talked before he left the house, I'm pretty sure he's the guy that created those homonculus, although I can be wrong though.
 
Jul 6, 2010 8:31 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 102
This *may* be a spoiler to you, but I don't particularly think it is. Even so, I'll stick it in spoiler-text.

 
Jul 11, 2010 5:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1213
- God, Edward's father turns out totally opposite of what he looks, that sick bastard. Well even if it's the truth, he didn't need to go all like bluntly
saying so..
- And he goes on with the rant about the human transmutation, that's another cruel thing. Just to think of it..it was all for nothing?
- And those nightmares...thats horrible.
- My suspections are true, this man is SURELY suspicious.
- They..ended up transmutating something completely far away from their mother...?! Everything went to waste? Alphonse losing his soul, Edward losing his leg
and arm, all gone to waste? I don't really want to accept that, makes me wonder why a series of bad things keep happening to them!
- In general, this was yet another a great episode.

/Rants on
 
Dec 15, 2010 1:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 522
Things are starting to look up, or so it would seem.
 
Jan 2, 2011 5:37 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 376
that was great episode again 5/5 from me
 
Mar 18, 2011 1:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 50528
the atmosphere felt really heavy and with great logic that they demonstrated well

Behold of my awesomeness~
 
Mar 21, 2011 9:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15153
XxAlicexX said:
- God, Edward's father turns out totally opposite of what he looks, that sick bastard. Well even if it's the truth, he didn't need to go all like bluntly
saying so..
- And he goes on with the rant about the human transmutation, that's another cruel thing. Just to think of it..it was all for nothing?
- And those nightmares...thats horrible.
- My suspections are true, this man is SURELY suspicious.
- They..ended up transmutating something completely far away from their mother...?! Everything went to waste? Alphonse losing his soul, Edward losing his leg
and arm, all gone to waste? I don't really want to accept that, makes me wonder why a series of bad things keep happening to them!
- In general, this was yet another a great episode.

/Rants on


It shows Ed and Al's strength of character to turn this seemingly distressing development into a positive.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
 
May 8, 2011 8:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 452
I didn't expect Hohenheim to be... like that.
[insert awesome signature here]
 
May 22, 2011 7:08 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 629
adamantine said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

- Though Ed did channel Light quite a bit once he started laughing.


I thought the exact some thing lol!
 
Jul 3, 2011 9:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 4102
Whoah, Hohenheim sure scolded Ed good. Things are going bad as it seems, but at least the story is getting better. It's all good as long as they keep chineses out of the way.
 
Aug 4, 2011 9:24 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1453
Ed's determination truly is great. At least his father gave him some important info and actually helped him move forward (though in an indirect, harsh way). Now I'm pretty sure "Father" isn't Hohenheim as I first thought. Though I'm really interested in knowing what kind of promise he made with Trisha. He doesn't seem to be as bad as Edward thinks.

The thing they transmuted isn't their mother. Then, why did they lose so much? (You know, equivalent exchange...) Since trasmutting something similar to a human body doesn't seem to require much (Roy did that to stage Ross's death), what was the thing they transmutted? And just how does Ed plan to reach the Truth again and "kick his ass" to get Al's body back?

That scene right before the ED was pretty sweet<3 Winry seems to be starting to notice she feels something else about Edward^^ (Oh, and the "I won't marry a guy who's shorter than me!" cracked me up xD Drink your milk, Ed!)

Sent with Mal Updater
 
Oct 31, 2011 3:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5800
Dusk252 said:
Ed's determination truly is great. At least his father gave him some important info and actually helped him move forward (though in an indirect, harsh way). Now I'm pretty sure "Father" isn't Hohenheim as I first thought. Though I'm really interested in knowing what kind of promise he made with Trisha. He doesn't seem to be as bad as Edward thinks.

The thing they transmuted isn't their mother. Then, why did they lose so much? (You know, equivalent exchange...) Since trasmutting something similar to a human body doesn't seem to require much (Roy did that to stage Ross's death), what was the thing they transmutted? And just how does Ed plan to reach the Truth again and "kick his ass" to get Al's body back?

That scene right before the ED was pretty sweet&lt;3 Winry seems to be starting to notice she feels something else about Edward^^ (Oh, and the "I won't marry a guy who's shorter than me!" cracked me up xD Drink your milk, Ed!)

Sent with Mal Updater


He affixed Al's soul into that 'thing'.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
May 16, 2012 8:23 PM
originanime

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 10407
Yes... beautiful back isn't it?
 
Sep 15, 2012 3:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 39
porkypink said:
Shancakeschan said:

this should be common sense but.....they cant take something out of the gate that was never there in the first place(example: ed and al's mom and izumi's baby)...as ed said to al in the manga(this got cut out so its not a spoiler) "i was wrong al, that night you were "taken" you didnt "die" so your body can be taken back"



omg I nvr thought about tht !! lol tht is so true. The gate takes body parts from the alchemists who opens it so since those ppl died naturally they cant be in the gate... its not spoilering at all..

Remember people, alchemistry can not create something from nothing. The door of truth is not like Doraemon's handy dandy pocket.


Oooooooh, it all makes sense now. I was so confused, but your explanations makes a lot more sense now.
 
Top
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »