Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2009 5:55 PM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ninja hospital treatments look awesome. It was good to see Jiraiya again Naruto will be an excellent apprentice. Shikamru crying and how he felt about being a ninja were good.

Jun 29, 2010 12:06 PM

Sep 2009
But... what the heck? Chouji is alive? :/
Nov 5, 2010 4:44 PM
Sep 2009
It appears some these characters actually have some depth to them ;)

Decent series alltogether. Time to skip the filler and move on to Shippuuden.
Nov 10, 2010 1:59 AM

Sep 2010
Ero-sennin comes back ((: Shikamaru crying was pretty touching...

skipping to shippuden ~
tofuloverpuccaNov 10, 2010 4:42 PM
Feb 5, 2011 7:15 PM

Oct 2008
Aww Shikamaru *hugs*
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 26, 2011 6:46 AM

Jul 2007
This is considered the "final" episode in the main canon story line. At last you get to see the "full" Akatsuki organization, though there appearances aren't shown. But its pretty evident by now they are going to be the main antagonist of the series in shipuuden along with onichamaru and Kabuto.

This series really was one of the most entertaining shows i have watched in my years of anime. The pacing of the story is absolutely perfect. There never really is a time that the show seems to drag on and on like alot of other shonens do. There is many unexpected developments, plot twists, a wonderful cast of villains and the characters are all very likable. There is nearly a complete absent of fillers except for the land in the tea arc which was only 4 episodes. The action is wonderful, each fight is depicted with such fluid motion picture animation. The music stands out in the series on every scene. I just absolutely love the music in this show. The characterization is wonderful and the huge cast of characters develop over the course of the anime with great back stories. I mean what more can you really ask for, when rating a anime series.

I am normally a very critical reviewer when it comes to anime and i have tried, really i have tried to find faults with this series. I just can't seem to find any. I truly, sincerely believe this show deserves nothing short of a 10 rating. From episode 1-135. I do know that there is much to be left unexplained, but that isnt going to make me give the show a lower rating. Just because the story is unfinished and there is still many characters left to develop. Such as most of the jounins like Kakashi, Guy, Asama. I have faith in Kishimoto that he will develop all the characters in due time to there full potentional. Anyways like i said, from what has been shown so far in the naruto series. its a perfect 10 in my book. I only hope "shipuuden" can live up to this masterpiece.

This is where people decide to drop the series or stick with it and watch the fillers. I have seen all the fillers. So i am going to explain in detail as much as i can what the fillers are about and how they differ from the original main canon story line.

One of the things that was sort of lacking in the original series was the use of "missions" it was of course briefly explained that ninja's have to undertake missions in order to prove them selfs and become stronger through the use of certain ranked missions, D, C, B, A and Super S class. Though with the over arching story line this was a very hard thing to implement into the show it self. There were a few missions, like how kakashi mentioned during he destruction of konoho that this is considered an "A ranked" mission for sakura, naruto and Shikamaru, in order to apprehend gara. Another was in the land of waves. Then of course there was the last mission to retrieve sasuske which ultimately failed in the end. But the use of missions were not the main focus of the series because the story moved at such a rapid pace and things pretty much spiraled out of control once orichamaru invaded Konoho.

This is where the fillers differ from the original canon story. The now current hokage of Konoho, Tsunade sama will be giving out assignments or "missions" for the ninja's to under take. Much like the "land of tea arc" that was the only filler arc in the main story line. These missions will be about various different tasks, such as protecting some one, exploring different towns, apprehended criminals, fighting other ninja clans and some are even as simple as just delivering an item or a message to some one. One of the things that is sad, unfortunately, the once member of team 7 "sasuske" won't be participating in any of these missions. The missions are basely focused on the ninja's tracking down sasuske. This was apparent at the end of the story line as his bond was shattered with naruto and he is no longer part of team 7.

Some of these filler arcs are surprisingly pretty good, well others are just way below the scale of what naruto should be and in most cases should be avoided. Though you would be surprised. One of the major things that i really loved bout the fillers. Is the 12 rookie genins take more of active role in these various missions. Also some of the enemies such as Mizuki or other minor enemies come back in the fillers. Most of the jouinins, and chunins or higher lvl ninja are kind of absent in the fillers. The filler is centered around the main genins of the series. You will also see some groups pair up in missions that you never saw in the original canon story. So watching all these pair ups is kind of interesting to see.

Another thing that is pretty interesting is you get to see more relations develop between these characters that were definitely absent in the main story. Of course all of this eventually comes to "light" in shipuuden but its still nice to see the younger ninja's before the 3 year time gap take part in battle together. Some of the techniques they use, that are later shown in shipuuden actually only appear in the fillers. So that is kind of cool to see as well. Also the once "useless" sakura feels like she is on a whole different level in the fillers because there not dealing with ninja's far above there level. So in away the fighting is kind of equal in terms of power. She surprisingly takes center stage in some of the battles and actually protects others from getting hurt. I guess the animation team decided that she need a higher spot light lol. Props to them. There is also lots of strategy and tactics involved in each missions which i found was also pretty cool.

Another very important aspect that i wanted to point out. Especially for people following the main story and want to know more bout Orichamaru's, motives concerning the kaguya clan and how he came to manipulate the sound ninja as well as how he branded Anko and his crazy experiments. 2 arcs in particular are the ones you want to look out for. Its really expanded upon showing past events that will never come to light in shipuuden im sure. I believe they talked bout it, so the message got acrossed, but they revealed any backs stories behind it. I guess they decided it wasn't a critical part of the story. So i appreciate the fact that they explained bout this in full detail. The "fuma clan" arc which is the first one, the "rise fields arc" is one such arc that shows the back story of how of how orichamaru used the fuma clan in different ways for his motives. The "land of sea arc" is another arc that involves the back story behind anko and how she was branded by the curse seal. In any case if your interested in these back stories, you might want to check out these arcs for sure. That is why i said its very questionable to me when i first watched the fillers, that some manga parts where mixed in. I am not really sure if there is any more that involve Orichmaru. I am sure there is little briefings here and there, but i pointed out the most important arcs that i remember bout him. Some of these minor characters also that are only shown in the fillers, actually make an appearance and become central to the story line in the manga. So it kind of help to tie up these loose ends involving some of these characters and clans.

In away after the 3 years time gap, during the part in which shipuuden begins. I know this may seem strange but after watching these fillers, it makes you kind of feel as though these characters have grown stronger in ways both physically and mentally and have more relations with each other after taking on so many missions and fighting so many different ninja clans and protecting each other because they definitely make it apparent in shipuuden.

You will also be surprised at the fact that naruto actually uses some pretty heavy techniques including going insane and using his demon red chakra. Though i don't believe he uses his transformation state like he did in the previous episodes. But he does get angry and uses in red chakra and some of the battles are pretty action heavy if i do say so my self.

The thing that I didn't particular like bout the action in the fillers with naruto only is his use of the newly acquired skill "rasengen" is used as a very normal skill and its used so many times that it kind of deteriorates the over all effectiveness of what that legendary skill is really capable of if that makes sence. What i mean is they over use the skill to many times even during weak ninja battles and it doesn't appear to be that strong or have much of an effect. In shipuuden you can see this is a major difference when the "rasengen" is used.

After all its one of naruto's prime skills in the early parts of the shipuuden series. They really don't take it seriously though in the fillers. It used mostly as just a very normal weak skill. In comparison to how it was used in the previous final battle against sauske. You kind of wonder, Huh?? At least i did. In any case, this really wasn't that much of a bothersome to me. As i found out that alot of the characters had central role as well and showing off there abilities was pretty cool. So it wasn't just all about naruto.

One more thing i want to add. Alot of people probably dont even know this but there are certain episodes that have a mixture of filler and manga content such as episode 142. Anyways as far as manga related episodes, there is a VERY few. Not that many that i came across.

Anyways that is the low down of the fillers. Rather or not you choose to watch them or not, is up to you. Because of how many there are, it can eventually become tiresome and repetitive, so i recommend that you just causally watch them well watching other series. Though of course some of you may just want to get on with the story and thats alright.

I am going to list the filler arcs that i personally found to be the greater ones amongst the 100 episodes of filler. Hopefully that helps you if you want to see some of them.

Land of Rise Fields arc - 136-141 ( Mission with Jiraya, naruto and sakura. sakura shows her talent here, orichamaru and kabuto are shown as well you don't wana miss it)

Episode 142 - manga material

Mizuki Strikes Back Arc - 142-147 - This one was very confusing, cause it sort of had some brief plot points in it that are directly related to the manga, such as episode 142. But other episodes kind of rose suspicion of that. So i would not miss this one. it involves quite a few character, including two jounins that are trapped and kakashi takes part in the mission.

Search for the Bikōchū Arc - 148 - 151 (hinata develops a new technique which is quite simply awesome and one of my fav episodes in the show)

Curry of Life Arc - 152 - 157. I particularly liked this one some what. The battles were kind of interesting and everyone probably remembers Lee's "drunken dancing technique". Much like Bruce lee.

Land of Birds Arc - 162-167 ( Naruto, neji, and tenton are paired up. This one was very strange for naruto standards. It kind of had a "horror" element to it, some unexpected mysteries as well, so some of you might like it.

Land of Sea Arc - 169-173 (Mission with naruto, shino, and Ino. Also Anko takes a role. As well as Orichamaru takes a role here. Also gamubunta makes an appearance again. Who doesn't like the big frog boss. Naruto uses his red chakra in the finale battle. this is actually one of the better filler arcs.)

Inposter arc Mostly a very short comedy arc. Also you get to see sakura's hard at work training with tsunada briefly shown.

Hoshigakure Arc - 178-183 (This paticulary was probably my favorite filler arc. along with the "land of sea" arc. You get to see Teten, Neji and Rock lee paired up. Guy also participates in part of the mission. This is some pretty good team work in this arc and the action was pretty good. Also there was a few unexpected plot twists that i liked. Tenten was also a character we did not see much of in the original series. In the fillers she takes a more active role on some of the missions. We get to see new techniques we never saw before. Yet again though, these are probably reveleaed in shipuuden. I dont know.

This is where the fillers really start to go down hill alot. The next few i particularly hated. It was pain just trying to finish them.

Episode 193 - (involves a pretty heated battle against Guy and Lee. Personally i liked the episode. I love there moments together.

episode 194 - If your into the horrow/mystery element, yet again, its bout a mysterious haunted house, so its definitely way different. But you might find it to your liking.

Trap Master Arc - 197 -201 ( This arc was pretty average, though it did involve something so dangerous that the entire 11 genins are gathered for a mission to protect konoho. Though its nothing like the "destruction of konoho" arc lol. But its kind of interesting to see all 11 genins gather in one mission.

Episode 202 is not to be missed. Titled "The Top 5 Ninja Battles!" this should basically be called a "special" it is basically a recap narrated by sakura and naruto, detailing what the 5 top rated battles in the whole series are from episode 1-135. So if you are interested in seeing what the ranked battles are and what makes number 1. Then check it out.

Kurama Clan Arc - 203-207 ( this arc is very different. As it details a lady using some kind of technique bout a painting, that is actually a gengutsu. Anyways it was ok, not the best filler. But different, because int he original naruto we haven't seen many "gengutsu" used yet.

Shinobazu Arc - 209-212 ( Pretty average. But it involves a mission with, naruto, sakura and lee nothing really spectacular, but involves trying to protect some one and rescue some one from a criminal organization.

Ultimate Weapon Arc - 216-220 ( this one was probably the most action packed arc and probably had the most fearsome enimes in it. It involved Gaara, Kankurō and Temari in a mission to stop an ultimate weapon of destruction. Also 4 main villains known as the celestial beings. Also shikamaru acted as the leader to assemble the konoho 11 minus tenten. So alot of the characters participate in this arc. We also see Shukaku, unleashed once again. Another one of my favorites.

220 - Is half filler from the previous arc and half manga content. If your watching the anime from episodes 1-135. You do not want to miss the 2nd half of episode 220. Cause it details the final departure of naruto going to train with Jiraiya. Because shipuuden starts with them coming back from the training after the 3 years time lapse.

Don't expect these to be no where near "the original naruto" series of course. But if your looking for some interesting combinations with some teams that were pretty absent in the naruto series. You want to see more characters different abilities and pair ups. As well as a little more back story behind Orichamaru's motives. Then by all means check out a few of these arcs. You might find some of them to your liking.

Anyways thats it. Good luck!

Since this was such a long post. I made a blog bout it lol
ArtimesGamerApr 28, 2011 8:06 PM

Apr 26, 2011 7:19 AM

Feb 2009
Seriously, there's just no point in watching the next episodes unless you have nothing better to watch. It's a shame to jump from such a good show to ordinary episodes.
Apr 26, 2011 8:33 AM

Jul 2007
Veethorn said:
Seriously, there's just no point in watching the next episodes unless you have nothing better to watch. It's a shame to jump from such a good show to ordinary episodes.

true, but a few points that i pointed out in the above post. Some people might be interested in. The first one in particular i really loved cause sakura actually had the spot light in that one.

Also you get to see alot of pairings with certain ninja's that never paired with each other before in the original series.Then there is of course the missing page of orichamaru involving some clans.
ArtimesGamerApr 28, 2011 8:10 PM

Apr 28, 2011 8:08 PM

Jul 2007
like Veethorn said, the battles are noting like they are in shipuuden. It is like comparing dragonball with dbz. Only not to the extreme that they blow up planets and what not lol. But the action is deffinity on a much larger scale in the shipuuden series.

Apr 28, 2011 11:41 PM

Jun 2009
My reaction at the end of this episode ,and effectively the series, was to smile. I can honestly say I loved this series throughout most of it's entire run. Sure, most of the arcs dragged on for a while and some important character *cough* Kakashi *cough* didn't receive any development and maybe Sakura didn't do much in particularly with the last two arcs, but the series did a real great job of developing it's characters and had some of the best action scenes I've ever scene.

Not to mention that Orochimaru is a very intriguing villain and Itachi has potential.

I really don't know how much of the filler I'm going to watch though I'm going to at the very least check out the ones that have manga material in it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 29, 2011 7:19 AM

Feb 2009
insan3soldiern said:
My reaction at the end of this episode ,and effectively the series, was to smile. I can honestly say I loved this series throughout most of it's entire run. Sure, most of the arcs dragged on for a while and some important character *cough* Kakashi *cough* didn't receive any development and maybe Sakura didn't do much in particularly with the last two arcs, but the series did a real great job of developing it's characters and had some of the best action scenes I've ever scene.

Not to mention that Orochimaru is a very intriguing villain and Itachi has potential.

I really don't know how much of the filler I'm going to watch though I'm going to at the very least check out the ones that have manga material in it.

I'm glad you liked it, this show is in a different level when it comes to side characters, at many points did the secondary characters look like they were the main at least once. Really great development there. And yup I never expected Sasuke to win against the Kyuubi and truly leave the village.

Anyway, I'm not sure you will like Shippuuden as much, so don't really go with a lot of expectations watching it, because you might get disappointed. The series drags more in certain parts and has much more filler in-between the arcs (some good, some poor). In any case it does have a lot more episodes with superior art work then the norm and even better than the fights of the likes of Lee, Gaara, Naruto and Sasuke, So it kinda makes up for it. Just stick with it at least until a certain arc that focuses on a very special duo from Akatsuki (which you already saw in the last canon episode) So, please, don't drop the series until episode 89 ;P
Jul 11, 2011 6:09 PM
Jul 2018
I agree the side characters are pretty good for this show.
Apr 13, 2012 9:54 PM

Nov 2011
Even though the series is over. I'll be watching all these fillers just forreasons above. Even though its slight you always can more connected with the characters you are watching.
Jun 6, 2014 5:59 AM

Mar 2014
Naruto ftw ! :D

'' Fine then. If being smarter means what you say it does, I'll remain a fool my entire life ! ''

I just love that kid :') He was sort of annoying at first, but now I'm totally cheering for him haha.
Aug 8, 2014 7:03 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was so touching *.*, so epic XD
Aug 22, 2014 2:13 AM
May 2012
Last night, my brother and sister decided to finally continue Naruto from episode 2, and I decided to watch it with them. I realize that I can watch Naruto over and over again.
They are watching Naruto right now, but I gotta finish Naruto already since school is about to start already. All that is left now are the fillers. Even if I am short on time, I'll still watch the fillers and finish all of Naruto's episodes and watch the movies and specials next.
Anyway, they showed all of the Akatsuki's members. Though, their face was not showed.
Naruto will be training with Jiraiya for 3 years and they will leave Konoha for a while.
Well, that's it~ Let's watch the fillers. It's still them, you know :D
Oct 12, 2014 11:36 AM

Apr 2013
Great aftermath episode, seeing the original team in that condition was sad!
~skipping to shippuden
Oct 20, 2014 10:01 AM
Jun 2012
Nice, Naruto was really pretty good. Now to sour the experience, let's watch the fillers!
Feb 17, 2015 5:47 AM

Nov 2014
Rewatching!

I'm glad everyone is safe. I'm actually excited for the fillers again, their is some really cool match ups and arcs!
Jun 22, 2016 8:14 PM

Jan 2016
link9us said:
This is considered the "final" episode in the main canon story line. At last you get to see the "full" Akatsuki organization, though there appearances aren't shown. But its pretty evident by now they are going to be the main antagonist of the series in shipuuden along with onichamaru and Kabuto.

This series really was one of the most entertaining shows i have watched in my years of anime. The pacing of the story is absolutely perfect. There never really is a time that the show seems to drag on and on like alot of other shonens do. There is many unexpected developments, plot twists, a wonderful cast of villains and the characters are all very likable. There is nearly a complete absent of fillers except for the land in the tea arc which was only 4 episodes. The action is wonderful, each fight is depicted with such fluid motion picture animation. The music stands out in the series on every scene. I just absolutely love the music in this show. The characterization is wonderful and the huge cast of characters develop over the course of the anime with great back stories. I mean what more can you really ask for, when rating a anime series.

I am normally a very critical reviewer when it comes to anime and i have tried, really i have tried to find faults with this series. I just can't seem to find any. I truly, sincerely believe this show deserves nothing short of a 10 rating. From episode 1-135. I do know that there is much to be left unexplained, but that isnt going to make me give the show a lower rating. Just because the story is unfinished and there is still many characters left to develop. Such as most of the jounins like Kakashi, Guy, Asama. I have faith in Kishimoto that he will develop all the characters in due time to there full potentional. Anyways like i said, from what has been shown so far in the naruto series. its a perfect 10 in my book. I only hope "shipuuden" can live up to this masterpiece.

This is where people decide to drop the series or stick with it and watch the fillers. I have seen all the fillers. So i am going to explain in detail as much as i can what the fillers are about and how they differ from the original main canon story line.

One of the things that was sort of lacking in the original series was the use of "missions" it was of course briefly explained that ninja's have to undertake missions in order to prove them selfs and become stronger through the use of certain ranked missions, D, C, B, A and Super S class. Though with the over arching story line this was a very hard thing to implement into the show it self. There were a few missions, like how kakashi mentioned during he destruction of konoho that this is considered an "A ranked" mission for sakura, naruto and Shikamaru, in order to apprehend gara. Another was in the land of waves. Then of course there was the last mission to retrieve sasuske which ultimately failed in the end. But the use of missions were not the main focus of the series because the story moved at such a rapid pace and things pretty much spiraled out of control once orichamaru invaded Konoho.

This is where the fillers differ from the original canon story. The now current hokage of Konoho, Tsunade sama will be giving out assignments or "missions" for the ninja's to under take. Much like the "land of tea arc" that was the only filler arc in the main story line. These missions will be about various different tasks, such as protecting some one, exploring different towns, apprehended criminals, fighting other ninja clans and some are even as simple as just delivering an item or a message to some one. One of the things that is sad, unfortunately, the once member of team 7 "sasuske" won't be participating in any of these missions. The missions are basely focused on the ninja's tracking down sasuske. This was apparent at the end of the story line as his bond was shattered with naruto and he is no longer part of team 7.

Some of these filler arcs are surprisingly pretty good, well others are just way below the scale of what naruto should be and in most cases should be avoided. Though you would be surprised. One of the major things that i really loved bout the fillers. Is the 12 rookie genins take more of active role in these various missions. Also some of the enemies such as Mizuki or other minor enemies come back in the fillers. Most of the jouinins, and chunins or higher lvl ninja are kind of absent in the fillers. The filler is centered around the main genins of the series. You will also see some groups pair up in missions that you never saw in the original canon story. So watching all these pair ups is kind of interesting to see.

Another thing that is pretty interesting is you get to see more relations develop between these characters that were definitely absent in the main story. Of course all of this eventually comes to "light" in shipuuden but its still nice to see the younger ninja's before the 3 year time gap take part in battle together. Some of the techniques they use, that are later shown in shipuuden actually only appear in the fillers. So that is kind of cool to see as well. Also the once "useless" sakura feels like she is on a whole different level in the fillers because there not dealing with ninja's far above there level. So in away the fighting is kind of equal in terms of power. She surprisingly takes center stage in some of the battles and actually protects others from getting hurt. I guess the animation team decided that she need a higher spot light lol. Props to them. There is also lots of strategy and tactics involved in each missions which i found was also pretty cool.

Another very important aspect that i wanted to point out. Especially for people following the main story and want to know more bout Orichamaru's, motives concerning the kaguya clan and how he came to manipulate the sound ninja as well as how he branded Anko and his crazy experiments. 2 arcs in particular are the ones you want to look out for. Its really expanded upon showing past events that will never come to light in shipuuden im sure. I believe they talked bout it, so the message got acrossed, but they revealed any backs stories behind it. I guess they decided it wasn't a critical part of the story. So i appreciate the fact that they explained bout this in full detail. The "fuma clan" arc which is the first one, the "rise fields arc" is one such arc that shows the back story of how of how orichamaru used the fuma clan in different ways for his motives. The "land of sea arc" is another arc that involves the back story behind anko and how she was branded by the curse seal. In any case if your interested in these back stories, you might want to check out these arcs for sure. That is why i said its very questionable to me when i first watched the fillers, that some manga parts where mixed in. I am not really sure if there is any more that involve Orichmaru. I am sure there is little briefings here and there, but i pointed out the most important arcs that i remember bout him. Some of these minor characters also that are only shown in the fillers, actually make an appearance and become central to the story line in the manga. So it kind of help to tie up these loose ends involving some of these characters and clans.

In away after the 3 years time gap, during the part in which shipuuden begins. I know this may seem strange but after watching these fillers, it makes you kind of feel as though these characters have grown stronger in ways both physically and mentally and have more relations with each other after taking on so many missions and fighting so many different ninja clans and protecting each other because they definitely make it apparent in shipuuden.

You will also be surprised at the fact that naruto actually uses some pretty heavy techniques including going insane and using his demon red chakra. Though i don't believe he uses his transformation state like he did in the previous episodes. But he does get angry and uses in red chakra and some of the battles are pretty action heavy if i do say so my self.

The thing that I didn't particular like bout the action in the fillers with naruto only is his use of the newly acquired skill "rasengen" is used as a very normal skill and its used so many times that it kind of deteriorates the over all effectiveness of what that legendary skill is really capable of if that makes sence. What i mean is they over use the skill to many times even during weak ninja battles and it doesn't appear to be that strong or have much of an effect. In shipuuden you can see this is a major difference when the "rasengen" is used.

After all its one of naruto's prime skills in the early parts of the shipuuden series. They really don't take it seriously though in the fillers. It used mostly as just a very normal weak skill. In comparison to how it was used in the previous final battle against sauske. You kind of wonder, Huh?? At least i did. In any case, this really wasn't that much of a bothersome to me. As i found out that alot of the characters had central role as well and showing off there abilities was pretty cool. So it wasn't just all about naruto.

One more thing i want to add. Alot of people probably dont even know this but there are certain episodes that have a mixture of filler and manga content such as episode 142. Anyways as far as manga related episodes, there is a VERY few. Not that many that i came across.

Anyways that is the low down of the fillers. Rather or not you choose to watch them or not, is up to you. Because of how many there are, it can eventually become tiresome and repetitive, so i recommend that you just causally watch them well watching other series. Though of course some of you may just want to get on with the story and thats alright.

I am going to list the filler arcs that i personally found to be the greater ones amongst the 100 episodes of filler. Hopefully that helps you if you want to see some of them.

Land of Rise Fields arc - 136-141 ( Mission with Jiraya, naruto and sakura. sakura shows her talent here, orichamaru and kabuto are shown as well you don't wana miss it)

Episode 142 - manga material

Mizuki Strikes Back Arc - 142-147 - This one was very confusing, cause it sort of had some brief plot points in it that are directly related to the manga, such as episode 142. But other episodes kind of rose suspicion of that. So i would not miss this one. it involves quite a few character, including two jounins that are trapped and kakashi takes part in the mission.

Search for the Bikōchū Arc - 148 - 151 (hinata develops a new technique which is quite simply awesome and one of my fav episodes in the show)

Curry of Life Arc - 152 - 157. I particularly liked this one some what. The battles were kind of interesting and everyone probably remembers Lee's "drunken dancing technique". Much like Bruce lee.

Land of Birds Arc - 162-167 ( Naruto, neji, and tenton are paired up. This one was very strange for naruto standards. It kind of had a "horror" element to it, some unexpected mysteries as well, so some of you might like it.

Land of Sea Arc - 169-173 (Mission with naruto, shino, and Ino. Also Anko takes a role. As well as Orichamaru takes a role here. Also gamubunta makes an appearance again. Who doesn't like the big frog boss. Naruto uses his red chakra in the finale battle. this is actually one of the better filler arcs.)

Inposter arc Mostly a very short comedy arc. Also you get to see sakura's hard at work training with tsunada briefly shown.

Hoshigakure Arc - 178-183 (This paticulary was probably my favorite filler arc. along with the "land of sea" arc. You get to see Teten, Neji and Rock lee paired up. Guy also participates in part of the mission. This is some pretty good team work in this arc and the action was pretty good. Also there was a few unexpected plot twists that i liked. Tenten was also a character we did not see much of in the original series. In the fillers she takes a more active role on some of the missions. We get to see new techniques we never saw before. Yet again though, these are probably reveleaed in shipuuden. I dont know.

This is where the fillers really start to go down hill alot. The next few i particularly hated. It was pain just trying to finish them.

Episode 193 - (involves a pretty heated battle against Guy and Lee. Personally i liked the episode. I love there moments together.

episode 194 - If your into the horrow/mystery element, yet again, its bout a mysterious haunted house, so its definitely way different. But you might find it to your liking.

Trap Master Arc - 197 -201 ( This arc was pretty average, though it did involve something so dangerous that the entire 11 genins are gathered for a mission to protect konoho. Though its nothing like the "destruction of konoho" arc lol. But its kind of interesting to see all 11 genins gather in one mission.

Episode 202 is not to be missed. Titled "The Top 5 Ninja Battles!" this should basically be called a "special" it is basically a recap narrated by sakura and naruto, detailing what the 5 top rated battles in the whole series are from episode 1-135. So if you are interested in seeing what the ranked battles are and what makes number 1. Then check it out.

Kurama Clan Arc - 203-207 ( this arc is very different. As it details a lady using some kind of technique bout a painting, that is actually a gengutsu. Anyways it was ok, not the best filler. But different, because int he original naruto we haven't seen many "gengutsu" used yet.

Shinobazu Arc - 209-212 ( Pretty average. But it involves a mission with, naruto, sakura and lee nothing really spectacular, but involves trying to protect some one and rescue some one from a criminal organization.

Ultimate Weapon Arc - 216-220 ( this one was probably the most action packed arc and probably had the most fearsome enimes in it. It involved Gaara, Kankurō and Temari in a mission to stop an ultimate weapon of destruction. Also 4 main villains known as the celestial beings. Also shikamaru acted as the leader to assemble the konoho 11 minus tenten. So alot of the characters participate in this arc. We also see Shukaku, unleashed once again. Another one of my favorites.

220 - Is half filler from the previous arc and half manga content. If your watching the anime from episodes 1-135. You do not want to miss the 2nd half of episode 220. Cause it details the final departure of naruto going to train with Jiraiya. Because shipuuden starts with them coming back from the training after the 3 years time lapse.

Don't expect these to be no where near "the original naruto" series of course. But if your looking for some interesting combinations with some teams that were pretty absent in the naruto series. You want to see more characters different abilities and pair ups. As well as a little more back story behind Orichamaru's motives. Then by all means check out a few of these arcs. You might find some of them to your liking.

Anyways thats it. Good luck!

Since this was such a long post. I made a blog bout it lol

Thank you so much @link9us for that explanation! I was very concerned on whether I should watch the filler arc or not, and what kind of content I'd be missing! Your thorough explanation was perfect!
Mar 7, 2017 12:15 PM
Dec 2014
Seems hard to be Shikamaru, not even a day after graduated he gets a high skill level mission, and failed and almost all his friends died. Not easy one.
Apr 12, 2017 7:54 PM

Dec 2016
Shikimaru, it's okay buddy, let the feels flow
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 28, 2017 12:03 PM

May 2012
Well this was a pretty good closure to this arc, I really do wonder what the next episodes will have to offer!
Mar 13, 2018 2:58 PM

Nov 2015
Where to begin…. I started a few years ago with One Piece, as the anime life cycle states. I'm not a "professional" anime watcher but i can say i have seen some anime by now. I really do not know why I started Naruto, I always was a firm one piece lover and went into discussions with viewers who preferrerd naruto even though i did not see it… So I decided to watch it!

And oh god, I totally loved! Even though it is still one of the big 3, where friendship is the strongest weapon, i enjoyed the story/characters/pacing etc. Naruto has less fillers than one piece (in a certain point of view) + I enjoyed the OP's alot more.

I see alot of people always being sceptical about the big 3 but why can some people not accept that other people like this "kind" of anime. Oh well… i'll never understand anime reviewers 100%

My favourite charachter(s) are Shikimaru and Kakashei (probably misspelled them even after seeing them so many times).

I'll give Naruto 10/10, some people will never understand this rating but yeah that is why it is my own personal rating ;)
May 7, 2018 2:59 PM
Aug 2014
Not sure why the blonde and his father were giving Shikimaru such a hard time; he wasn't sure whether his decision lead to his best friends death and they're giving him shit for doubting if he did everything right. Not for a second did I think Shikimaru would give up being a ninja, but maybe they know him better.
Apr 28, 2019 2:03 PM

Jun 2017
I'm so glad I decided to start watching Naruto, It's one of the best animes I've seen!
I'm gonna watch the fillers after this episode after someone above pointed out reasons too.
Jun 4, 2019 9:43 AM

May 2018
This is a great show :D 8/10
See you space cowboy!
Jun 26, 2019 4:50 PM

May 2016
time to watch fillers.....
Jul 27, 2019 8:13 AM

Mar 2015
Everyone taking a step forward in their maturity.. except that blockhead Naruto!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 2, 2020 12:06 PM

Mar 2019
Ah the finale really felt like the final episode in a season.I want to skip to shippuden, but I want to watch all Naruto,but it's harddd.100 episodes of pure fillers :(.Well here we go.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 21, 2020 10:41 PM

Dec 2015
After watching this episode, finally I know the reason why most of Naruto's audiences hate Sakura. That bitch doesn't care at all about everyone's life except Sasuke and her satisfactio.
Feb 24, 2021 1:24 AM

Dec 2007
sakura really is ungrateful to naruto, she should free him from that "promise" and like him little more, gosh.

shikamaru really was little coward, but he still one of my favourite supportive character here.

and yeah naruto is the big fool :D

now, though a lot people here chose to end the series here, since there's still some canon materials and untouched things that the fillers touching, i will watch only couple of them and then move on.
to the fillers!
Apr 21, 2021 1:23 AM

Feb 2021
Yeah it was a good episode. Glad to know nobody died lol. Now the plot is slowly shifting to Naruto's training and the Akatsuki gang. >_<

Jun 26, 2022 2:13 PM
May 2021
I am gonna try the filler episodes after this. Really enjoyed the episode.
Jul 27, 2022 12:19 PM

Jul 2022
Shikamaru's the GOAT
Jan 14, 2023 3:18 PM
Dec 2015
Mature episode
This last arc was the real inflection point for our main charachters, cant wait what plots next :)
May 17, 2023 2:32 PM
May 2021
SHIKATEMA MOMENT AT THE BEGINNING AHHHHHHH

Tough love from Jiraiya but Naruto needed to hear it, I like the mirroring between Jiraiya and Orochimaru and Naruto and Sasuke.

THE AKATSUKI!!!!!!
Aug 10, 2023 2:52 PM
Mar 2017
hospital scene with shimakaru had me about tearing up tbh :(
Jan 4, 8:57 PM

Jul 2017
respect for Jiraya cause he's so patient with Naruto's nonsense

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Episode 116 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 12, 2009

25 by Haru_2806 »»
Apr 11, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 139 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 16, 2009

19 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 11, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 186 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 30, 2009

25 by MrTobi2137 »»
Apr 10, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 112 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 12, 2009

25 by Haru_2806 »»
Apr 4, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 121 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 14, 2009

25 by theodoridou »»
Apr 3, 2:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.