Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 20, 2014 10:40 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, that escalated quickly.

Ahh, emotional Linda again. Chinami looked kinda funny this episode with the hat. I do get what she's trying to do in this drama. Gotta take responsibilities~
Feb 20, 2014 10:43 AM

Sep 2008
Lewd and awkward.
Feb 20, 2014 11:44 AM

Jan 2014
best love scene Lol

''don't be eat a lot before have sexuality''
Feb 20, 2014 12:55 PM

Aug 2013
That's the first time Ive ever seen Chinami so upset, i feel bad for her.

Oh man, that love scene, best Ive ever seen.

I'm a bit disappointed that he didn't give her the ring this episode, hopefully it will be soooon!
My Candies:
Feb 20, 2014 1:17 PM
May 2013
Why do I feel like now episode 20 is where the drama is gonna be between koko and Banri. After watching the last part pretty sure Banri and koko relationships gonna go downhill. Anyone else think that last part is a bit forshadowing since now banri and linda are spending more time together
Feb 20, 2014 1:23 PM

Apr 2013
Chinami's new hairstyle looks nice. She sounded pretty upset at the end.
Feb 20, 2014 1:42 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Good ep although I expected more consequences from Ghost Banri throwing himself from the bridge.

Koko was dressed to kill and ready to go. Unfortunately too much food and the Eiffel Tower got in the way and now Banri took the traditional anime male MC "let's take it easy and at our pace" stance.

Banri has missed his shot at telling his friends about his past with Linda which means some major misunderstandings are bound to come soon. Who would have expected at the beggining of this show that Koko and Chinami would have become such good friends.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 20, 2014 1:43 PM
Apr 2013
It felt like Chinami was projecting a little.

And has Linda finally moved on?

The whole part where she was like "Everything, huh?" kinda says otherwise.

While White Album 2 was on this show and Nagi no Asukara couldn't touch that one.

But since the second half started and Koko became more mature it's really picked up.

Decent enough show. (not as good as ToraDora, though).

Feb 20, 2014 1:59 PM

May 2013
Chinami got a new haircut. Looks good on her. Koko trying to make a major move on Banri, but ended in failure lol. Chinami got really mad at the end there.
Feb 20, 2014 1:59 PM

Oct 2012
I liked this episode, things escalated quickly :).
The first part was good, Koko wants to do more things in their relationship (she's way more mature than the first episodes), but she ate too much before they did anything lol.
banri is going to face a lot of problems in the next episodes, he should talk with his friends about his past because that's troubling him, Yana-san feeling that he's not a real friend and Chinami thinking that Banri is a bad man.
Chinami's new hairstyle looks good, it seems that in the last episodes her character is evolving.
I'm watching four animes this season and Golden Time is the one I like the most :)
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Feb 20, 2014 2:00 PM
May 2013
She looked like she was ready to get it on one second then the next she went back to PG.

Chinami looks so cute

Linda is pissed, umad?

Chinami is pissed!
Feb 20, 2014 2:04 PM

Aug 2012
Yay, romantic development

A little surprised about why Linda was "mad", I thought she just didn't care for Yana, makes me think they may end up together, at least temporarily.

Chinami confused, getting flustered because she doesnt know what to do about her feelings for Yana
Feb 20, 2014 2:04 PM

Nov 2012
Lol @ Koko what a way to ruin a romantic moment. Also that ending! Things are getting starting to get serious! But I think Yana is in the wrong, he confessed to Chinami, got rejected, and then just moved on to the next girl. That means he just confessed to her for the hell of it.
Feb 20, 2014 2:07 PM

Jul 2013
lolol that love scene
way to ruin it XD
DStev said:
Yay, romantic development

A little surprised about why Linda was "mad", I thought she just didn't care for Yana, makes me think they may end up together, at least temporarily.

Chinami confused, getting flustered because she doesnt know what to do about her feelings for Yana

Yeah, I was kinda surprised as well about why Linda was mad. Yep, seems like it.

That escalated quickly, Chinami was pretty mad at the end there.
Feb 20, 2014 2:16 PM

Oct 2010
Linda again annoyed me this episode. She just doesn't know how to handle when someone shows affection for her. She thinks Mitsuo values her so she avoids him? Goodness gracious, first Banri now Mitsuo, I just don't think I can ever like this character.

I don't mind Chinami's haircut though, I wonder when she'll admit that she likes Mitsuo, cuz now she's hiding her feelings too. I really hope she doesn't become a 2nd Linda.
Madara31Feb 20, 2014 2:20 PM
Feb 20, 2014 2:16 PM
Jan 2011
Aichiro said:
Lol @ Koko what a way to ruin a romantic moment. Also that ending! Things are getting starting to get serious! But I think Yana is in the wrong, he confessed to Chinami, got rejected, and then just moved on to the next girl. That means he just confessed to her for the hell of it.

So you're suppose to listen to sad music and cry all day after someone moves on after confessing. She should have said something. Now she is biting off Banri's head because of her issues.
Feb 20, 2014 2:17 PM

Jan 2014
I've dubbed the hiding your feelings in anime "the Linda move" and it seems that Chinami has caught "the Linda move". Banri needs to hurry and tell his friends everything or all hell is going to break loose. Chinami also needs to come forward with her feelings for yana.

I personally see linda alone even though I was a hardcore banrixlinda ship, I feel like that ship is deep deep DEEP under water now. I've warmed up to Koko now but Linda is now annoying me as well.

Looking forward to everything coming out ad everything blowing up!
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Feb 20, 2014 2:18 PM
Jan 2011
Linda and Miss Ultrasonic are mad for now reason and taking it out on Banri. That thing that Koko made looked more like the torch from the statue of liberty. It was hilarious when they jumped in Koko way to hug Banri.
Feb 20, 2014 2:30 PM

May 2012
Good episode. That romantic tension! Koko just about to climb into the arms of her lover for a dramatic romantic re-union of the ages....only to get beat by that group of 3 lol.

Note to self: lots of food before cuddling = not going to end well.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Feb 20, 2014 2:31 PM
Jan 2014
Hmmm this episode was alright, but here's a few theories of what I got from it so far.

1.) Banri and Koko seem to be getting closer.

2.) Linda will probably use Yana to make Banri jealous

2.5) Linda will actually start developing feelings toward Yana-san? I mean this episode sort of hinted towards it I think? Idk I couldn't tell. I think she may like him but at the same time she loves Banri? Help me out with this lol

3.) Chinami yells at Banri for 2 reasons, 1 shes knows that Banri is hiding something from Yana and 2 she doesn't know how to deal with her feelings for Yana.
Feb 20, 2014 2:35 PM

Nov 2012
xsilicon9 said:
Aichiro said:

So you're suppose to listen to sad music and cry all day after someone moves on after confessing. She should have said something. Now she is biting off Banri's head because of her issues.

You're missing the point, if Yana can just move on and pretend his confession didn't even happened that means he never really loved Chinami in the first place.
AichiroFeb 20, 2014 2:42 PM
Feb 20, 2014 2:36 PM

Jul 2013
This episode was hilarious. That had to be the most awkward love scene ever. Well, at least Kouko wasn't sick in Banri's mouth lol. Looks like something dramatic is gonna happen soon. Chinami is like a walking time bomb waiting to go off at any minute. She needs to express her feelings soon or things are gonna go haywire.
Feb 20, 2014 2:36 PM

Sep 2012
Ooh, an almost love-scene. I am pleased.

Question is, are we going to get an implied version of the real thing later? Or was that it?
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Feb 20, 2014 2:59 PM

Oct 2010
Aichiro said:
xsilicon9 said:
Aichiro said:

You're missing the point, if Yana can just move on and pretend his confession didn't even happened that means he never really loved Chinami in the first place.
That's not really true. Koko did the same thing. She deeply loved Mitsuo for years, then when he finally flat out rejected her, she moved on. It took time, but she moved on. It's not as if Mitsuo moved on straight away, but he shouldn't feel compelled to keep clinging on to her, especially when her rejection was as harsh and direct as it was.
Feb 20, 2014 3:01 PM

May 2013
This was a very good episode, better than last week's episode with comedy that's actually funny and not cringe-worthy. The 'romantic' scene with Koko and Banri was the funniest thing I've seen in a while. Their relationship is so awkward, as usual.

The part with Linda and Chinami was interesting as well. I could feel the heavy drama coming already.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Feb 20, 2014 3:02 PM

Dec 2009
Finally things are moving again.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 20, 2014 3:28 PM

Jan 2010
Have you guys noticed that Linda said something like "You can't tell him ( To Mitsuo) all the truth"?
I don't know if I got it wrong, english is not my main language, but i interpreted that as something like "You haven't remembered everything yet". What do you guys think? I think something else happened on that bridge, or even before.
Feb 20, 2014 3:30 PM

Feb 2008
Madara31 said:
Aichiro said:
xsilicon9 said:
Aichiro said:

That's not really true. Koko did the same thing. She deeply loved Mitsuo for years, then when he finally flat out rejected her, she moved on. It took time, but she moved on. It's not as if Mitsuo moved on straight away, but he shouldn't feel compelled to keep clinging on to her, especially when her rejection was as harsh and direct as it was.

I was expecting that Mitsuo would try and confess again to Chinami, this time in a more serious enviroment. When he first confessed to her, it happened during a party and he had had a few drinks already, so it's very possible that Chinami didn't think he was really serious, and rejected him. To me, at least, it seemed like she took everything as a joke, including the way she rejected him. Either way, tons of drama will ensue soon enough.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Feb 20, 2014 3:34 PM
Apr 2009
Aichiro said:
xsilicon9 said:
Aichiro said:

lmao what?

It''s been MONTHS. Yana confessed to Chinami like two weeks into their first semester! Koko moved on from Mitsuo in less time and loved Mitsuo for years!

Besides, he never 'pretended' it didn't happen. He stayed away from Chinami precisely because it happened, until he got over the hurt and moved on because Chinami made it very clear to him she wasn't interested (supposedly).

How on earth is he wrong? Are you only allowed to confess to someone if you truly love them? You can't like someone and tell them so in the hope that you can get to know them more intimately and see if it can develop into love?

Wow.
Feb 20, 2014 3:34 PM

Sep 2013
Good episode thus far. I just hope the series don't pull a White Album 2 on us. I want it to end good. Cheating is not my kind of drama.

However, I was reading comments on a Youtube video and I got spoiled.

God freaking dammnit,
This is a signature.
Feb 20, 2014 3:40 PM

Jan 2010
ran614 said:
Good episode thus far. I just hope the series don't pull a White Album 2 on us. I want it to end good. Cheating is not my kind of drama.

However, I was reading comments on a Youtube video and I got spoiled.

God freaking dammnit,

Ty bro, thats exactly what i meant. I was starting to figure that out, but i think just a few people noticed that
Feb 20, 2014 3:42 PM

Jul 2012
SailorKagome said:

I was expecting that Mitsuo would try and confess again to Chinami, this time in a more serious enviroment. When he first confessed to her, it happened during a party and he had had a few drinks already, so it's very possible that Chinami didn't think he was really serious, and rejected him. To me, at least, it seemed like she took everything as a joke, including the way she rejected him. Either way, tons of drama will ensue soon enough.

agree. she also had a lot of crap on her plate back then, too; family moving, finding a place to live. Too much uncertainty about the immediate future to worry about someone making a drunken confession in a room fool of people.

I would have liked Mitsuo to try again, like you said, but no one can really blame him for moving on after making, what he thought was, a serious confession and being rejected.

I like to think, though, that Linda-Yana-Oka becoming a drama fest means smooth sailing for Koko-Banri... but that's probably just wishful thinking

edit: and that spoiler just trashed my wishful thinking :(
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Feb 20, 2014 3:44 PM

Jul 2013
Oh god the bedroom scene was too good and the wrath of Linda was terrifying.

Idk why they had to and have Chinami cut her hair. It's not bad but it isn't an improvement either. If it's suppose to be a symbolic thing of "cutting your hair off is like moving foward from your past" she sure isn't acting like it.
Feb 20, 2014 3:45 PM

Dec 2011
Now that Chinami has known the truth (somehow), can't wait to see when Linda and Banri reveal their past to everyone. That sure will bring chaos on everything.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2014 3:47 PM

Sep 2011
xsilicon9 said:
Aichiro said:

The thing is Yana's confession was done while he was drunk after being hassled by Koko. There's no way you can take that type of confession seriously. I don't see how Chinami could have answered any other way. What Yana should have done was speak to her alone the next day and say he was serious. Instead he just wimped out. He's just one of those fickle guys who wants to be in love but not necessarily in love with SOMEONE, and since Koko is finally out of the picture it's his first chance, which is probably why he's acting like a middle-school kid.
Feb 20, 2014 3:51 PM

Sep 2011
Madara31 said:

Taking a confession of someone who is drunk and being egged on at face value is generally not a good idea. Chinami had no option but to answer as she did. If he was serious he would have said it to her again the next day when he wasn't drunk.

May 2013
Chinami needs to calm down. Is it because she's confused because she likes Yana or something? Someone can't have a friend who's a girl when they have a girlfriend? It's cool that Linda is starting to think of Banri as her best friend again instead of just her junior though. It was kinda suspicious that she said that he can't tell Yana everything. Is there something else Linda is hiding? Koko was cute this episode and dat love scene. She is really starting to grow on me. Lol at the preview "I'll have some of that spice!"
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Aug 2013
"I swallowed it."
"Swallowed what?"

lol'd so hard.
Feb 20, 2014 4:09 PM
Apr 2009
scruffykiwi said:
Madara31 said:

Taking a confession of someone who is drunk and being egged on at face value is generally not a good idea. Chinami had no option but to answer as she did. If he was serious he would have said it to her again the next day when he wasn't drunk.

She didn't handle that correctly either. She completely demeaned him and his confession.

and he wasn't even drunk. He had like 2 glasses of beer from what I remember. That's nothing.

and you're right, the sensible thing would have been to confess to her again and he did wimp out like a middle-school boy.

That's because Mitsuo has never had female friends and has never been allowed to love ANYONE because Koko would hound him and scare off girls. He has no idea what he's doing. That was his first time confessing and he got turned down rather cruelly.

and even so, how is he wrong for moving on? He can do whatever he wants! He doesn't owe Chinami anything and she doesn't owe him anything either. He's done nothing wrong and Chinami knows this, which is why after her initial bout of hurt she's treated him normally and is defending him from Banri.
Feb 20, 2014 4:13 PM

Apr 2010
Hell hath no fury like an Oka-chan scorned.
Feb 20, 2014 4:19 PM

Oct 2010
scruffykiwi said:
Madara31 said:

No, Chinami could have answered very differently. She could very well have let it be known that she didn't think he was serous due to the circumstances, but instead, she said "Are you an idiot?" With an answer like that, I don't really blame Mitsuo for acting how he did in the following weeks. He may have had a few drinks at the time but he very well knew what he was doing, as evidenced by how serious he sounded and looked during the confession.
Feb 20, 2014 4:24 PM

Oct 2010
SailorKagome said:
Madara31 said:

If Chinami didn't think he was serious, I think she probably should have let him know that, rather than reacting in the manner in which she did, which was quite cruel to say the least.
Feb 20, 2014 4:26 PM

Sep 2011
EmeralDragon23 said:

She didn't handle that correctly either. She completely demeaned him and his confession.

and he wasn't even drunk. He had like 2 glasses of beer from what I remember. That's nothing.

and you're right, the sensible thing would have been to confess to her again and he did wimp out like a middle-school boy.

That's because Mitsuo has never had female friends and has never been allowed to love ANYONE because Koko would hound him and scare off girls. He has no idea what he's doing. That was his first time confessing and he got turned down rather cruelly.

and even so, how is he wrong for moving on? He can do whatever he wants! He doesn't owe Chinami anything and she doesn't owe him anything either. He's done nothing wrong and Chinami knows this, which is why after her initial bout of hurt she's treated him normally and is defending him from Banri.

I agree with you that the presence of Koko in his life has preventing Mitsuo from properly interacting with girls. I wouldn't be surprised if his view on what girls are like are somewhat warped.

I don't think there is anything wrong per-say of him 'moving on' from Chinami, but it does make it seem like more of a crush that he had on her rather than anything more. He's still stuck in middle-school love mode!

I can understand Chinami being sad as having someone telling them they like you even if you had not really noticed them before makes you look at them more seriously, and I guess she decided that maybe she does like him and was hoping he would say it again.

As for Lynda ... well she is being pretty opaque at the moment. I doubt she actually likes Yana.
Feb 20, 2014 4:29 PM
Apr 2009
scruffykiwi said:

I don't think there is anything wrong per-say of him 'moving on' from Chinami, but it does make it seem like more of a crush that he had on her rather than anything more. He's still stuck in middle-school love mode!

There's nothing wrong with it being a crush. Most people ask out crushes and then, if it works, it turns into love.

I'd be more concerned if Mitsuo loved her after knowing her for only a week.

Banri wasn't 'in love' with Koko when they started dating either. He liked her. Koko just now finally feels that Banri is truly in love with her, as she said in this episode: "You've finally fallen for me."
Feb 20, 2014 4:30 PM

Oct 2012
Man, this episode felt so short.. And Linda is such hot-tempered girl, it so hard to be around her. Now I really hope she won't get Yana or anyone else, living with her would be suffering. At least now we can tell that there will be nothing between her and Banri in the future - cause they are really highly incompatible types. But Yana is also doing the worst to get her.. I doubt there will be any love between them either.

Misunderstandings, misunderstandings... I just wonder if Oka feels something to Yana to act like this - but there would be gossip after this anyway. I think Banri should explained her immediately but it's sure hard to tell something like that. At least Koko knows everything. But their almost sex situation was very awkward I hope next time it would be better.

Edit: And it now confirmed again that Linda still doesn't know what she really wants. She is so undecided as ever. That being said she will never be truly happy.
Mich666Feb 20, 2014 4:38 PM
Feb 20, 2014 4:34 PM

Jun 2013
Well shit certantly went down this episode! Kouko is so cute! Was a bit surprised that Chinami got all pissed at Banri, i want Banri to tell everyone yet i don't, im suspecting that the last 5 episodes are going to be quite dramatic! :) Praying for a BanrixKouko end! :)
Feb 20, 2014 4:44 PM

Oct 2013
Good episode: this captured the usual spirit of Golden Time.
Feb 20, 2014 4:44 PM

Apr 2013
Chinami looks horrible now imo :\
Feb 20, 2014 4:45 PM
Jan 2014
Really enjoyed this episode and can't wait for the next one.
Feb 20, 2014 4:54 PM

Sep 2013
This anime is getting more and more lame... This episode had REALLY good moments (as it has been being till now) but every episode has some really awkward and idiot moments. This episode in particular, the ending was terrible and stupid.
Why did Banri keep hiding his past from Oka after having that conversation with Linda? It made no sense at all...
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

890 by daviddark27 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2013

244 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.