Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 20, 2014 9:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dat visions. Takeshi having those painful recalls of Kurumi ;.;

Tbh, this episode felt silly and absurd. Seriously, a pudding and Mui in pajamas? Oh well, at least it's part of his dream. Poor Takeshi this episode though. Also had to face palm myself during the beach scenes.

That battle outfit reminds me of Saber for some reason.
Feb 20, 2014 9:41 AM

Nov 2007
Getting nightmares. Brother got well, and is instructing them. He's popular for getting two chocolates for Valentine's day. Fighting against the soul of the sword is hard. So it's about giving her a name "Towa".

So it's time for brother to join?
tsubasaloverFeb 20, 2014 10:28 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 20, 2014 1:23 PM

Sep 2008
Takeshi/Mui shipping fanservice is random like always xD
but it looks like Takeshi/Kurumi will be final couple...
eh... like always when childhood friend is annoying must win...
Feb 20, 2014 1:35 PM

Jul 2013
TakeshiXMui lol. was so random.
Those nightmares, a look into the future? interesting..
LOL Mui in her pyjamas and the huge pudding on clouds
Stark700 said:

That battle outfit reminds me of Saber for some reason.

Same here actually.
Feb 20, 2014 1:43 PM

Nov 2013
Didn't enjoy this one as much as the others. What's with the timeskips? It's like, except for the first 2 episodes, there seems to be a 1 month time skip between episodes where nothing happens. 3/5 for this one.

That said, I am still going to finish this show. Also, it's interesting enough to make me want to reading the original LN.
Feb 20, 2014 2:33 PM

Jun 2013
Good episode overall.Let's see what happens next.
Feb 20, 2014 2:36 PM
Sep 2013
I hope this piece of shit enjoys the 1 it's getting from me.
If the next episodes are even worse ill be at a loss of what to do, since the rating system doesn't go any lower.
The end is nigh

Feb 20, 2014 2:49 PM

Sep 2013
That monster from his dream looked like a Chomp from Mario :P

New girl, possibly his sword?

Valentine's episode :D

"I wouldn't be bothered at all." :3

Pudding in the clouds gone bad :O

It would of been funny if his 3rd dream was about the nurse ;)

Slapped awake :\

Pillow wave, funny name.

A nice bonding fight, I wonder if we will see Eterna in human form any more?
Feb 20, 2014 2:54 PM

May 2013
Lol Mui chasing after a pudding. Nice name that Takeshi gave to her.
Feb 20, 2014 3:00 PM

Dec 2011
This episode sure reminded me of Bleach when Ichigo is trying to learn the name of his Shikai... although it is opposite this time since Takeshi gave the sword a name.

Can't wait to see Gekkou battle Takeshi.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2014 3:05 PM

Mar 2012
the brother should have gone with takeshi, what was mui thinking volunteering herself
Feb 20, 2014 3:53 PM
Jan 2012
Shokugeki said:
the brother should have gone with takeshi, what was mui thinking volunteering herself

They needed some way to add in obligatory fanservice.

One thing that really bugged me was at the very end where he promised to protect Kurumi no matter, from the guy who in episodes prior she should learn to deal with problems without his help. I know he saw the dream and its been months but its just makes me angry at the MC even more.
Feb 20, 2014 4:16 PM

Nov 2012
Takeshi has some weird dream.The Mui one was the funniest one and yet the dumbest at that.Pudding.

Why he decided to keep the sword by his bedside even though it was killing him I'll never know.

Everything fixed because he named her.

The human version of the sword reminds me of Saber.All I can say is thank god Madhouse didn't decide to make the remake of F/SN instead of ufotable.
Feb 20, 2014 4:58 PM

May 2013
Nice episode, Eterna is sweet °~°
Feb 20, 2014 5:04 PM

May 2013
The brother is actually a cool guy. He might become my favorite character in this show. Why did Takeshi keep his sword at his bedside -_- prophetic dreams can't help if your dead. I wish he actually held his own in this fight against Eterna. I like her name though.
VanishingKira said:
All I can say is thank god Madhouse didn't decide to make the remake of F/SN instead of ufotable.
Hunter x Hunter is adapted pretty faithfully (too faithfully for some people) but I still agree because of dat Fate/Zero.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Feb 20, 2014 5:12 PM

Oct 2010
AllTJAck said:
Shokugeki said:

They needed some way to add in obligatory fanservice.

One thing that really bugged me was at the very end where he promised to protect Kurumi no matter, from the guy who in episodes prior she should learn to deal with problems without his help. I know he saw the dream and its been months but its just makes me angry at the MC even more.
100% agreed, that also really annoyed me.
Feb 20, 2014 6:29 PM
Mar 2012
Yup, when someone wears an armor dress, of course there's going to be people relating it back to Saber. -_-

Eterna is a nice addition to the cast, hopefully we'll see her more often.
Feb 20, 2014 6:58 PM

Jan 2008
She's called Towa but subs are calling her Eterna? What? Is there something I'm missing here? I understand Towa means Eternal or something but why are subs doing this?

Also, anyone notice how poor some scenes were animated? I got a good laugh at when Takeshi was nurses bed and his eyes were really fucked up. Also when Twilight/Eterna/Towa was on the swing, lmao at the animation.

The show really seems to cater towards Mui. Can't believe they actually threw her in a swimsuit this episode even if it was very short. Keep forgetting how big hers are compared to Isoshima. Her petite figure keeps confusing me.
Feb 20, 2014 6:59 PM
Sep 2012
alexpte said:
Yup, when someone wears an armor dress, of course there's going to be people relating it back to Saber. -_-

Just put a picture of Saber Lily and Enterna side by side to understand it.
Feb 20, 2014 7:02 PM
Mar 2012
twintiger said:
alexpte said:

Well duh, I'm not saying anyone's wrong. I'm just pointing out the obvious.
Feb 20, 2014 7:09 PM

Dec 2013
I found an ok epi, looked like it all happened a bit faster than it should, in one episode he is using the gunblade normally and suddenly she begins to reject him, seemed a little out of time and without climax, but overall i like it.
Feb 20, 2014 8:51 PM

Sep 2013
well, the nightmares were kinda neat haha
the pudding nightmare was pretty funny

gekkou should be making an appearance soon
wings and all *_* also what was his mom saying?!
Feb 20, 2014 9:00 PM

Jul 2013
This is actually a pretty good episode imo.

Mui's brother is cool in here, having those friendly interactions between Takashi and him. Takashi's twilight or Eterna, seems to dislike her user but then accept Takashi's user. Mui and her love of pudding :D. Nice to see at a bit more on his past. Incoming Gekkou alert.

Still rooting for Kurumi and Takashi relationship to improve. It felt rushed when Eterna give up in just one episode.

Feb 20, 2014 9:02 PM

Jul 2010
All the nightmares this episode. Also forgot how stacked Mui is...I mean damn for her little body.
Feb 20, 2014 9:26 PM
Sep 2012
alexpte said:
twintiger said:
alexpte said:

Well duh, I'm not saying anyone's wrong. I'm just pointing out the obvious.

Just looking at other characters, do you think the design is coincident or intentional?
Feb 20, 2014 10:00 PM

Jul 2012
Well, at least this episode is better than some of the previous.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Feb 20, 2014 10:45 PM
Jul 2018
I like Takeshi's dream where Mui was chasing after the pudding.
Feb 20, 2014 11:22 PM

Sep 2013
Kinda silly how the ep starts and resolves itself, but I felt this was pretty good. The previews annoy me.
Feb 21, 2014 12:31 AM

Dec 2013
I am still watching this series, but every additional episode just continues to baffle me to no end.

Does the story in the books follow this sort of time skip? I'm not really getting how come its like singular events one month after another and no real continuation. It feels like I'm seeing an animated diary of the MC's school life.

January - I did blah blah blah

Feb - Valentines day and I got my sword under control

March - some random school event

April - school tests

That sort of feeling..... doesn't feel like the show is moving forward much at all...
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 21, 2014 2:19 AM

Jan 2011
That's what I like to hear at episode 7 of 12...just reaching the starting line. Jesus.

Mediocre episode.

L-Ryoshi said:

That sort of feeling..... doesn't feel like the show is moving forward much at all...

No you are feeling it right. It's finally past Mui whining about her brother to no end which is a pro but aside from episode 6 it does feel like a bunch of skips and insert scenarios with little relevant story dialogue. I still can't get over how stupid the drama is between MC and his brother. Can't wait to see how that concludes > >
Feb 21, 2014 3:35 AM

May 2013
I don't get it, why do people like gekkou, he is annoying.. Also It's been only 7 episodes its normal for the story to do random episodes, it sets things up before the main events begins. Another thing; (I know I sound like a fanboy, but these are my objective opinions) Takeshi wasn't able to use Twilight's full power until now. He was barely be able to use it.
Feb 21, 2014 4:21 AM

Nov 2013
Rilarion said:
I don't get it, why do people like gekkou, he is annoying.. Also It's been only 7 episodes its normal for the story to do random episodes, it sets things up before the main events begins. Another thing; (I know I sound like a fanboy, but these are my objective opinions) Takeshi wasn't able to use Twilight's full power until now. He was barely be able to use it.

No one said they liked Gekkou. And he didn't show up enough to be called annoying.
Also I think you meant subjective opinion, not objective.
Feb 21, 2014 5:33 AM

Feb 2011
Oh shit the cat is out of the bag Takeshi "HAS" been dreaming about Miu in the past. I think we just got a hint of what might be the next big story arc will be, basing it on Takeshi's first dream that he had in this episode. Kurumi probably gunna get kidnapped and so forth.
Feb 21, 2014 6:30 AM

Apr 2013
I getting the vibes that they are going to pull something like the MC and his brother being the same person IMO....
As of 27/7/14 I have decided trap anime Sword Art Online II has more appeal than Mahouka.
Feb 21, 2014 8:29 AM
Jan 2011
Oh, the Twilight suddenly became alive, nice to see Mui in a bikini.
Feb 21, 2014 11:10 AM

Jun 2013
DAT PUDDING...

This episode was alright for me, looking forward to more action scenes in the next few eps (hopefully)

And im starting to get confused, does Takeshi like Isoshima or Mui...? Hmmmm
Feb 21, 2014 11:36 AM

Mar 2013
This episode were great!!!
The Nightmares set up was funny and surprisely cool
i starting to like this show :)
to bad its only 12 episodes :O

PUDDING PUDDING PUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGG!!!!!!!
Feb 21, 2014 2:21 PM

Oct 2013
Mui is adorable like always
Feb 21, 2014 3:58 PM

Aug 2013
Hmm, this episode wasn't all that bad. Cool to finally see Eterna. Now everybody who doesn't follow the novels isn't yelling "who the fuck is the pink-haired girl in the credits anymore". Didn't like seeing him extra friendly with Kurumi though since I'm all for TakeshixMui.

Couple of things I'm hoping to see happen/change soon:
- No more side swapping. Now that they have Mui's brother it would be nice to see him stay around for a while. They had that Oigami guy for like 2 episodes on the friendly side, and when they went to do the trade that loli girl was apparently captured too for the trade. The lack of solidarity between factions is kind of irritating.
- Less to none time skips. I'm hoping that all of these little time skips in these first episodes are going to be setting up the plot for a future consistent timeline. It seems like each episode skips like a month or months ahead and all of a sudden they are doing some other mundane thing that goes awry before another time skip happens. Literally end of this episode they were 2nd years already. But I mean if these time skips lead to a point where everything becomes current and all of the plot points make sense then I guess it would be ok since they could focus on longer fight scenes.

Future predictions:
It almost seems like they gave away Takeshi's moms entire character already. My guess is that she was the original owner of Twilight, then left the battle to be in peace and ended up starting a family blah blah. Then it turns out she was intentionally trying to make Takeshi hate her because she knew he had magic potential and didn't want him to discover her past and/or follow in her footsteps and be involved in the magical war. I might guess that Takeshi (and maybe Gekkou) was born with magic like Mui, but it was somehow dormant until his encounter with Mui.
Feb 21, 2014 4:09 PM
Jul 2013
Nightmares caused by magic, interesting.
Feb 21, 2014 9:31 PM

May 2013
Hm, let's see, so you go to a school nurse and she slaps you awake. Good nurse. Couldn't have shook him or something?
Also, was I supposed to feel bad for that sword-girl? I can't even tell.
This anime gets worse and worse. I'd give it a 1 if the ost wasn't good.
Feb 22, 2014 7:53 AM

Jan 2014
Well it was an interesting twist in some sense, and a silly one at others. The dreams were a bit absurd (I did enjoy that fanservice with Mui though.....'-')

And well having proper ownership of the sword can really work wonders depending how it is elaborated further on. One thing did creep me out and it was Gekkou, that guy saying he finally got on the High School he wanted.........well he clearly has feelings for Isoshima and there is Takeshi in between, so.........things will get ugly there, very.
Feb 22, 2014 9:14 AM

Jul 2012
So his swords name is Eterna. I like that name.

Great episode!!!
Feb 22, 2014 3:07 PM

Aug 2013
Would have been funnier if the brother went in the dream and got all fanserviced up. I could have used a nice hearty laugh.
Feb 22, 2014 10:03 PM

Dec 2013
Rushed as usual but it wasn't necessarily bad, personally this is probably the best episode of the series. That isn't really saying much, being how bad it's been, but I really wish this was a dragged out issue instead of getting solved in a 4 days...*sigh*
Feb 22, 2014 10:59 PM

Sep 2010
It was ok... I generally understand what's this episode trying to convey but i'm not moved by it at all... If only they shed some light about the characters past it would be better..

And i still don't understand what's this anime all about. No i'm not talking about the plot or story, tho i admit that it is already random enough as it is. I'm talking about the world itself or the setting. Specifically the magic they used and the power balance between all the characters, allies or enemies alike. They skipped so much detail that everything looks like an asspull.

And is it just me or the matter with Ishoshima just magically resolve by itself?
Feb 23, 2014 6:16 PM

Jul 2009
I don't know why but I find Takeshi's voice unbearable. Just seems unnatural.

Back to the story. Takeshi's goal was to help Mui recover her brother and he did just that. But, what's his goal now? Watching this anime is just painful right now but my OCD is keeping me from dropping it.
Feb 23, 2014 8:11 PM

Dec 2011
fucking. pace.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2014 7:27 AM

Sep 2010
UfGator11 said:
I don't know why but I find Takeshi's voice unbearable. Just seems unnatural.

Back to the story. Takeshi's goal was to help Mui recover her brother and he did just that. But, what's his goal now? Watching this anime is just painful right now but my OCD is keeping me from dropping it.
Nah.. You're not the only one who had a headache every time he talks.. I don't mind when he shouts but when he talks regularly, idk if they tried to portray him as someone reserved or shy or somewhere along that line but he sounds like he always hesitate or yeah to put it bluntly it really sounds wimpy and sissy anddd it gets really annoying
Feb 24, 2014 4:52 PM

Sep 2010
so after 6 and 1/2 episodes of nothing they finally start moving forward, acceptable and quite enjoyable i guess but...
xJapaliicious said:
fucking. pace.

whoever tried to adapt this knows nothing of tv scripting.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Sensou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2014

115 by PedroKarim64 »»
May 26, 2023 12:41 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

367 by Overcast93 »»
Aug 5, 2022 7:50 PM

Poll: » Who would you prefer to see with Takeshi?

ClawViper - Feb 15, 2014

43 by Foreall908 »»
Jul 4, 2022 10:08 AM

Poll: » Second Season ( 1 2 3 )

DrFluffyUnicorn - Mar 27, 2014

105 by Elzohry »»
May 16, 2022 3:21 PM

» Who does takashi nanase end up with ..

llansam - Jul 2, 2020

1 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Dec 18, 2021 10:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.