Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 19, 2009 9:22 PM

Aug 2009
Plate said:
The whole point of the bird was that it disappeared in the footage, meaning the part where the explosion occurred was fake.

WELL SAID! My thoughts exactly!

Aug 19, 2009 10:27 PM

Feb 2009
abrasicu said:
Better yet, the honor to kick this &*$%^& couple should be given to SIR Cummings while he, in turn get kicked by GODDESS Liang Qi along with her "GET SUM!" and then GODDESS Liang Qi will get kicked by her BS sister Alfart then I will enter the game, kick Alfart as hard as I could to rescue GODDESS Liang Qi and get kicked by her as thanks. HAPPY END... for me, yay ?

Okay, you sir made my day. Now I can go to sleep. x)
Aug 20, 2009 7:00 AM

Jul 2008
yeah a lot of intensity. the fake death, virus the bomb, and then finally canaan even lose her power. now thats was really great ep.

Aug 20, 2009 10:23 AM
Jan 2008
Nice ep, the story is really on now (the first epi's I really taught who is everybody and what do they do and want). The story is getting clearer now, very nice.
Aug 20, 2009 10:43 PM

Nov 2008
It was funny to see Liang Qi lose it in this ep, she didn't know what to do. But Alphard was harsh the her. I wanna know what would have happened if Liang Qi would have shot her in the back of the head with one of those rubber bullets.X)
Aug 21, 2009 9:10 AM
Sep 2007
Can this anime get any boring?
Aug 21, 2009 4:28 PM
Jul 2009
Joudan said:
ArtsyAb said:
Best episode so far. Crazy and intense. Can't believe Alphard's real name is Canaan too.

Awesome.

I thought they mentioned this in an earlier episode, or at least hinted at it

They did? Haha, I must not have gotten the hint. Bleh.
Aug 21, 2009 7:05 PM

Nov 2007
Tension filled episode, seems Canaan is running into some trouble though D: matrix time was pretty awesome though :3
Aug 22, 2009 5:53 PM

Oct 2008
gettin better and better me thinks = )
Aug 23, 2009 12:01 PM

Jun 2009
Just confirmed it after I (almost) finished episode 7, this one should be dropped. (second dropped show this season after TM8.0) I feel dumb watching this show...
Aug 26, 2009 9:14 AM

Feb 2008
sarahwest said:
Just confirmed it after I (almost) finished episode 7, this one should be dropped. (second dropped show this season after TM8.0) I feel dumb watching this show...

k, bye.
Aug 26, 2009 9:47 AM

Jan 2009
yaHzee said:
sarahwest said:

k, bye.

But really, there isn't even a need for a "bye" is there now? Since well, someone who's dropping something, there probably wouldn't be any reason left to keep watching a thread, rendering a respons to someone who's not there anymore quite useless...
Oh well, I'll keep with the trend, bye : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 30, 2009 5:05 PM
Aug 2009
well i dunno about other people.. and i know this is Japanese anime, and there has to be some main/sub-main "bad-guy" but what is with making Americans look like idiots and not checking in person/over A TELEPHONE from an eye witness if Maria's dad was really killed in the car bombing. This, I'm sorry to say makes no sense to me other than an easy out solution for a twist in the story.

and please, as if any govt wouldn't check up on it's video feeds. just makes, if anything in this case America, look like a bunch of preemptive overlooking fools. (/thanks japanime)>
Sep 10, 2009 12:41 AM

Aug 2009
great episode from beginning until the end. :]

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Sep 13, 2009 10:04 PM

Dec 2007
This episode is best episode even I’ve seen for a while. I loved how Canaan goes matrix style and her 1337 hax synesthesia, which was epic, and I doubt Canaan has lost her synesthesia. Alphard is more badass and cold blooded, and I am little surprised that Alphard’s real name is Canaan. Overall, I am very impressed with this intense, exciting episode.
gameoffreak8Sep 13, 2009 10:31 PM
Oct 1, 2009 10:18 AM

Jun 2008
Entertaining episode, needed more action though. I am really interested in how Liang Qi's intentions will develop.
Oct 9, 2009 10:10 PM

Apr 2008
pretty interesting ... but also at the same time boring

Nov 2, 2009 3:49 PM

Aug 2008
HOREE SHIT! This episode was awesome!

Alexstratz said:

Again Alphard demonstrates how great of a terrorist she is. She actually made World War III happen. I mean the USA just stealth bombed China... With or without Canann's hacking the result would've been the same.

This. I can't believe nobody else in this thread pointed this out. It seems like everybody was too busy enjoying Liang Qi's and Alphard's abuse of Maria to notice anything else in the story. Indeed, Alphard is a brilliant terrorist. Nonetheless, I think they depicted the Americans as too stupid and warmongering. I mean, Americans would never send their own military onto foreign soil without thinking about the consequences... oh wait...

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Dec 9, 2009 10:17 PM

Dec 2008

Just kinda struck me as hilarious after all these Americans are speaking Japanese, and then...

HOLY SHIT!
Dec 20, 2009 7:42 AM

Dec 2008
HOLY SHIT!
Jan 10, 2010 5:58 AM

May 2009
BitchMaster said:

I thought I saw a similar scene before but forgot which serie is it from, someone with his or her brand new memory card can HALP me out ?

It remindes me of Casshern's eyes, a bit.

I loved this episodes intense emotions. I think I also start to get the metaphoric side of the plot, though I want post my observations beacouse im sill not sure about some things. But there certainly is a sort of metaphisical fight going on in that series.
dybukJan 10, 2010 6:03 AM
Jan 29, 2010 11:41 PM

Feb 2009
this just may be the best episode thus far
~May you continue being the Messiah....
Jun 24, 2010 12:39 AM
Feb 2008
This episode once again proves when the show is focusing on the espionage and beef between Canaan and Alphard it's solid stuff. Maria is the weakest link by far. But she eats up the most screen time

Pretty intense with the whole incoming bomber. And I was pretty sure they were making fun of Bush's administration with knock off versions of Condelezza, Cheney and Powell :P Though the bombing thing didn't seem too out there but it doesn't make sense for them to kill ALL of the world leaders that were attending at least in such a manner that they couldn't write it off as the terrorists' doing.

The HORE SHIT was damn hilarious

I'm curious about Canaan's handler and Mr.Karaoke former spy guy. They both have that whole MYSTERIOUS PAST angle going on. And what's up with Hakko dropping the glass when she heard Iron Strife? Is that another terrorist group? The one that started it all or something?

Canaan using her powers like that was straight out of Kara no Kyoukai. Now that I think about it she looks like a brown version of Shiki. Her losing her powers was kinda predictable though. Though I thought they would've addressed it sooner but I guess it's more DRAMATIC as an end episode thing. Considering how things have been gonig it'll probably come back due to the power of LOVE or some bs.

HIGH TENSION indeed!
Aug 12, 2010 4:10 PM

Sep 2008
necrojesta said:
Awesome episode, really enjoyed this one. Liang Qi kinda freaked me out this episode and I hope she dies soon. Cant wait for the next episode though, I wonder what'll happen with Canaan's eyes.

Yes! Another person who doesn't like Liang Qi? Whoo I felt so alone all this time. XD

The taxi driver continues to be a favourite. I, too, am wondering what happened to Canaan's eyes... Did the strain - of doing whatever she did to make the bomb miss - mess up her eyesight as a result and take away her ability to see colours/auras/whatever? Hmmm...
Dec 28, 2010 2:44 AM
Jul 2010
merle_noir said:
necrojesta said:
Awesome episode, really enjoyed this one. Liang Qi kinda freaked me out this episode and I hope she dies soon. Cant wait for the next episode though, I wonder what'll happen with Canaan's eyes.

Yes! Another person who doesn't like Liang Qi? Whoo I felt so alone all this time. XD
Worry not my friend! You are not alone. I don't like her either.

This episode was amazing! Best one so far, loved everything about it. The political tension was great, the action was fairly good...
May 16, 2011 6:07 AM

Feb 2011
I'd love to see Liang qi shoots her sister with that toy gun. xD
Jul 23, 2011 10:08 AM

Oct 2009
Really loved that "HOLY SHIT" moment too.
The only thing i disliked about this episode, is that some bitch could trick USA and China by pressing some buttons on the PC, to knock the GPS settings. That was retarted.
あらあら。。。
Aug 22, 2011 12:48 AM

Nov 2007
Still love crazy taxi man, but I almost had to stop watching this series on account of how horribly unrealistic it's gotten. The US sending a bomber? Yeah...right. It's not like the US has troops stationed all around the world and that they wouldn't share information with the local government whom they are not on bad terms with before making a decision to incite another world war. No, of course not. Or that they just admitted they don't know how the virus is spread all the time, so blowing it up and potentially making it airborne, based on how resistant it is, obviously makes perfect sense. Or that the building could, oh, I don't know, be easily surrounded by local authorities so no one could go in or out without their notice, hence the virus could easily be contained.

It doesn't bug me that they're depicting the US as evil and self-serving (although the explanation for how capitalism really works obviously shows that whoever wrote this doesn't understand economics or US history at all), it's that the moves they make are so far outside reality that it's like looking at a five-year-old trying to explain how cars work. Sad. Very. I mean, the easy plot fix here for the bomber would be to show that maybe Mr. Vice President is really corrupt and evil and just looking for a reason to ax the president in order to take his power. That makes sense, and I'd have no issue with evil Vice President. Simple, logical, plot fix that actually works really, really well since they then move on to show him corruptly making deals with terrorists. Or heck! Just make all of the US government super conniving, that works, too. Maybe they have been waiting to take out China for some reason. But I guess whoever wrote this really must have a beef with the US and capitalism (their warped view of it, that is), so obviously the only "logical" solution is blowing crap up. Uh huh. Cuz that's totally how a government would respond in this situation.

The more I watch this show, the more it keeps asking me to just accept completely illogical scenarios (people never see Cannon fighting in the early episodes because they simply don't want to, even when it happens right in front of them. Or people are so stupid they can't tell when someone is screaming in pain). If they portrayed this show in a surreal, dystopian reality, okay, sure. I'd buy all the logical inconsistencies. But they don't. They act like this is taking place in our world in a completely realistic setting. Yes, the virus and powers are a stretch, but everything else is supposed to be "realistic," but everyone acts so unrealistically that it's really starting to grate on my nerves.

So in short, no, I did not like this episode. The taxi driver and way awesome attention to detail with the different languages isn't enough to overshadow the ludicrous character actions. I'm really hoping they get back away from that nonsense and have a reasonable reason for all the secrecy surrounding the virus.
Apr 5, 2012 3:58 PM

Jan 2012
if anyone was bored from this episode then wow aha can't get more action packed than somebody bombing the president xD

interesting to see what's going to happen to canaan and her eye.... *loads next episode*
Oct 18, 2012 8:43 AM

Apr 2012
Wow, even the guys in the White House spoke Japanese.... the details of the recent episodes just get crappier and crappier!

I wish Alphard had cut Maria's goddamn tongue out; her constant "Canaan! Canaan! Canaan" are grating on my very last nerve. She's just too moe to live, it's disgusting.

And I've read a lot of comments stating that they love Liang Qi which I really don't get. I mean, she's an obsessive bitch with a love for incest, and she's ugly to boot (gosh, why can't the artist draw short hair that actually looks good?). I really don't see the allure, sorry.
Dec 10, 2012 8:31 PM

Sep 2011
Canaan slowly losing it!
May 29, 2013 7:31 PM
Jul 2012
Cool episode.
Dang Alphard is awesome. Her name is also Cannan wow.
Meh those politics english.
Lq clan is a psychopath. She goes crazy and does what she want damn this is getting interesting.
Damn it, I wish Marie will still get captured.
4/5
May 29, 2013 7:32 PM
Jul 2012
Alexstratz said:
abrasicu said:
Better yet, the honor to kick this &*$%^& couple should be given to SIR Cummings while he, in turn get kicked by GODDESS Liang Qi along with her "GET SUM!" and then GODDESS Liang Qi will get kicked by her BS sister Alfart then I will enter the game, kick Alfart as hard as I could to rescue GODDESS Liang Qi and get kicked by her as thanks. HAPPY END... for me, yay ?

Okay, you sir made my day. Now I can go to sleep. x)

Lol
Jun 9, 2013 11:55 PM

Jun 2012
Great action and tension, except the idea of someone pretty much using her "hacks" synesthesia to stop it in the last few seconds.

Oh no, Liang Qi's gas blowback pistol ran out of bbs, I guess she ran away to go buy some more.

To be honest, I'm not extremely happy that everything turned out perfectly, recalling when Alphard said it could go one of two ways, or possibly both. I don't mean to demean anything, but at some point in the series there should be some loss or great impact.

Jun 21, 2013 2:52 PM

May 2012
Oh boy oh boy, that's some great development! Good job Canaan but what's up with her in the ending? She used her power to much perhaps? Either way great episode lets see what's next!
Feb 25, 2014 6:44 AM

Nov 2009
Why was the explosion like a nuke minus the fallout? Pretty sure normal bombs don't make a mushroom shaped cloud, although could be wrong about that. Love how they realize it is an edited video by the pigeon and then go "Oh shit!", made me lol.
May 23, 2014 12:59 AM

Jan 2014
Ok, I came here hoping to see someone explain what happened with the missile, hoping I missed something. I guess I didn't, and Canaan magically wormed her way into the missile to move it. That makes so little sense it's insulting. It practically ruins the entire episode.
I mean, these eye powers are only supposed to enhance/merge senses. That should by no means give her the ability to control a god damn missile with her mind.
What a disappointment. The episode was going so well, too...

Also, at the moment Liang Qi is the weakest link of the show, not Maria. Maria has some depth. Liang Qi doesn't. She's obsessive over her sister, and that's it. That's her character. The love I'm seeing for her along with the hate I'm seeing for Maria is kind of sickening.
Jul 10, 2014 1:50 PM

Jul 2014
this episode's music really added to the tension, and TAXI DRIVER IS A GOD!
Aug 23, 2014 7:04 AM

Mar 2013
I don't really see why people love Liang so much. She's a crazy bitch, aaand that's about it. But whatever. I don't hate her or anything personally, but I also don't love her. Several other characters are much more interesting.

Very good episode. Thrilling and fun.
Sep 3, 2014 6:54 PM

Jan 2011
Alphard may have intended to start WW III, but not sure if it works out. The US used a stealth bomber for a reason, and the fact that it was not shot down shows that it more or less worked. Depending on whats left of the bomb, there shouldn't be all that much that traces back to the US.

China would have to be damn sure that it was them to start a war. Relationships nearly frozen solid? Sure. But a war, who knows.

They also talked about how the Chinese government was not a monolith, this might imply that some there would want to bomb the conference center, too. They could be "grateful" that the US did it (after all, nobody wants to be responsible for something like that. And the Chinese bombing the US president? Thats even worse than the US bombing some "random" Chinese soil, unless the Chinese premier was still in there, too) and, while probably investigating, keep any results undisclosed for future use when they *do* want a war).

Beisdes that, really nice episode.
Jun 13, 2015 2:54 AM

Mar 2015
Hey, Canaan, you used Sharingan too much yoo~~

Parosonic?? LOL :V
Jun 19, 2016 12:05 PM

Feb 2015
just wtf did i just watch ?! holywood movies ? that was god damn hype and intense. tbh i'm speechless for what i just watched. especially @ the scene where canaan stop the bomb barely before it hit the impact point. 50 meters before the impact point ? that was god damn cool. i really like that.

kay! just gonna be honest here, this is one of the best episode i have seen so far.
and still, it didn't change the fact that all of the person including the presidents got infected by the virus....i wonder how they will handle it. and if i'm not wrong, that old guy who was always holding a case and fake his death, he was holding the antitode right ? i don't know seriously, sht just is getting real imo xD

i can't wait to watch the next episode.
i need to watch it ASAP! xD
Nov 14, 2016 6:11 PM

Dec 2011
Best episode so far, very exciting.
And the Liang Qi TV doll reminded me of Danganronpa's Monokuma. lol
Mar 1, 2017 4:42 AM

Oct 2012
Engrish, I like engrish so much xD
"May God be with you, guys"

HORY SHIET! xD
I mean that pigeon is pretty big, if they didn't notice it in the first place. They're just stupid :P

I have a feeling that vice president really want the president to die, because he'll rise after that
Rayl1ghtMar 1, 2017 4:58 AM
"Signature removed"
Mar 4, 2020 12:59 PM

Nov 2019
...another boring episode..
Jul 1, 2022 5:23 PM
Jan 2022
This episode was actually intense. It genuinely had me on the edge of my seat not knowing what to expect.

Liang Qi and Taxi man once again stealing the show though!
Jan 7, 2023 2:17 AM
Dec 2022
quite the nailbiter

and Damm that bomber looked like the b21 raider that was unveiled in late 2022
Jul 9, 2023 6:55 AM

Nov 2010
Cool episode. It felt like I was watching one of those Jack Ryan films. I wanted Snake to succeed, though. I wanted World War 3 to happen!

Japanimezing said:
quite the nailbiter

and Damm that bomber looked like the b21 raider that was unveiled in late 2022

Well, duh. It's based on the B-2 Bomber you saw in this show. lol
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Sep 26, 2009

258 by SD86 »»
Oct 17, 2023 2:03 PM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 19, 2009

129 by MxS7HGS »»
Jul 9, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Sep 12, 2009

160 by MxS7HGS »»
Jul 9, 2023 10:47 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 5, 2009

142 by MxS7HGS »»
Jul 9, 2023 9:56 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Aug 29, 2009

91 by MxS7HGS »»
Jul 9, 2023 8:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.