Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 17, 2009 5:25 AM

Nov 2008
Sometimes I'd lose the drive to watch. That's the time when I'd switch to reading manga and vice versa. :3
Aug 17, 2009 5:27 AM

Apr 2009
MoonlightZero said:
Sometimes I'd lose the drive to watch. That's the time when I'd switch to reading manga and vice versa. :3

Watching anime and reading manga are the same, both mean you're an otaku! Great!
Aug 17, 2009 6:22 AM

May 2008
I know why. He keeps watching the same ecchi shows over and over again. Tell him to stop.
Aug 17, 2009 9:38 AM

Dec 2007
Sometimes a series gets boring, but anime itself never bores me. I force myself to watch through the boring things and then everything else seems very entertaining. ^^
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Aug 17, 2009 1:03 PM

Aug 2009
To me yes. Some anime does get very boring. I realize Im bored of it when I fall asleep during the show or when Im starring at my computer and spacing out during the show. Since these things occur I believe there are animes and episodes that can get boring.
[right]

Aug 17, 2009 1:56 PM

Oct 2008
Most likely, the case is that the individuals are watching the animes they don't like but stubbornly stick to the rule of not dropping animes and force themselves to finish it. After awhile, they don't like anime. Nothing strange..
Aug 17, 2009 1:57 PM

Jun 2008
MoonlightZero said:
This is pretty much for me. I'm not bored with anime I just lose interest in for because of watching to many at a time (yes, even mixing up genres). I take some time away from it (couple weeks usually) then come back refreshed ready to watch it again.

It's like anything else. You do to much at once it loses it's appeal. I'll never be truely bored with anime anymore than being bored with anything else. Just need to do it in moderation.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Aug 17, 2009 1:58 PM

Apr 2008
Anime in general, no. Particular animes, yes. Though most don't GET boring, they are from the start.
Aug 17, 2009 2:54 PM

Jan 2009
Take some time off if you feel bored and then get back into the groove a month later. Also, immediately drop stuff that you know you won't like.
Aug 19, 2009 6:45 PM
Sep 2008
Definitely depends on what you're watching, and whether or not it's the only thing you're doing.
Mar 21, 2011 2:49 PM

Jul 2008
Hmm.. so generally if u get bored, u just need to take a break, and then continue.

But some people have watched 100's, maybe 1000's of anime. They possible know how the story will develop, and can easily predict the outcome.

But yeah, that's my view :)
PSP-NGP.net Latest News & Updates!

Mar 21, 2011 2:52 PM

Feb 2010
It's only boring if you watch something that sucks. A lot of what I watch bores me, but every once and I while I discover something that I really get addicted to, and it reminds me "this is why I watch anime"

It's too bad that there's no way to know whether you'll like an anime or not before starting it.
Mar 21, 2011 2:57 PM

May 2010
It depends on what you're watching.
Mar 21, 2011 3:15 PM

Jul 2008
As skutieos said, if your bored its 'cause your not enjoying the anime~
Take a break and wait for the next season lol!
Mar 21, 2011 3:28 PM

Jul 2009
Anime most definitely does get boring for me, but it is just like any other form of media, if I watch it too much, I get bored regardless of what it is. If I take a break, doing, watching, or playing something else, anime will be fresh again.
Mar 21, 2011 3:35 PM
Jul 2018
yeah it does but i have nothing better to do so i continue anyways.
Mar 21, 2011 3:37 PM

Jan 2011
Anime doesn't get boring for at all. Reason why is because I watch all kinds of different genres. Each one has a unique story to it. Each one of them are setted in some kind of fantasy world with different characters, creatures, and some sort of magical power. Other stories take place in today's world but with other unique story plots to it. If you stick to only one kind of genre for a certain time it is possible that that person will get bored. But then again, it only depends on the person. I love anime and it will never get boring for me. (^_^)
Mar 21, 2011 4:01 PM

Feb 2011
I watch anime in short bursts, I will marathon an entire season in one night, and then I might not watch any anime for the next week except for airing episodes.
Mar 21, 2011 4:58 PM

Dec 2009
Of course anime gets boring, considering 95% of it is fucking unbearable and an endless train of rehashed ideas.

Watching anime as it airs solves this problem, as you only get one or two episodes per day. Watching lots of anime in one sitting is never a good idea. Unless, of course, it's good anime. Not many people on this site tend to watch any of that, however, so it's a moot point.
Your favorite anime is shit.
Mar 21, 2011 5:05 PM

Mar 2011
Usually i will get bored of watching a anime if i watch too many episodes in one sitting. But it really depends on how interesting the show is to me.
Mar 21, 2011 5:43 PM

Oct 2009
I've gotten bored...in a way. I enjoyed just about any anime when I was younger. Now I'm older, and it takes a truly fantastic anime to grab my attention. This is difficult considering there's hardly any "truly" fantastic anime's. Ahh, life is hard "^__^

Mar 22, 2011 12:18 AM

May 2010
It's boring only if I am looking at something boring. I could never force myself to look at something that I don't like. I think everyone needs some variation so in order not to get bored try changing the genres often.
If you are a fan of (or simply interested in) Japanese films
then please join the Cinema of Japan club! Thank you (:

Mar 22, 2011 1:00 AM

Jun 2009
I do have the feeling that I have seen so many show, that it's really rare for a series to come up with something refreshing that I have never seen before.
Especially with your typical romance/harem/ecchi show. They really are just all the same.

Three or four years ago, I used to be enthusiastic about every show I watched, because everything seemed new and original to me. Now, this is not the case anymore.
grandy_UiDMar 22, 2011 1:11 AM
Mar 22, 2011 3:06 AM

Nov 2010
nah, im pretty easily entertained. and i watch all dif kinds of genres too, i try to keep it balanced.
Hokuto_no_FuzzMar 22, 2011 3:14 AM
Mar 22, 2011 3:39 AM

Feb 2011
That's why I just don't watch anime all the time and try to do other activities or have other hobbies too.
Mar 22, 2011 3:59 AM

Feb 2008
Take a break and anime will feel fresh and new again when you go back to it. Whenever I get tired of anime I just take a break for a few months and do other things instead.
Mar 22, 2011 4:18 AM

Sep 2010
depends, anime itselfs is not really boring, but some series can get pretty boring after a while especially if there are too much fillers
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2011 5:15 AM

Aug 2010
I don't get bored. Anime has become my favorite activity, kind of depressing, I guess, but because of that I never get bored.
Mar 22, 2011 5:20 AM
Jul 2018
It can become boring if you watch too many similar shows. But anime is such a wide style with tons of different genres. I usually switch things up a lot (jump from a thriller to a comedy to a horror to a slice of life to sci-fi etc.) Usually keeps things fresh.
Mar 22, 2011 6:10 AM

Sep 2009
Sometimes, I think it is good to take breaks from anime every once in a while
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Mar 22, 2011 1:31 PM

Jun 2009
lollypatrolly said:
Yes, it does. Stay away from it for a year or two, and you may find it a bit fresher when you come back (or perhaps you won't, but then there's no real loss, you can just move on to other forms of entertainment).

Though one or two years is way to long to me, I do agree that sometimes a break is needed. I usually stop for a couple of months when I feel burnt out and just entertain myself with video games or something else. But, at the end of the day, I still find that anime is my favorite form of entertainment.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 23, 2011 3:25 AM

Oct 2010
Anime Is Never Boring ;D
Mar 23, 2011 3:39 AM

Mar 2010
There are times when I get bored watching anime, but mainly that happens right after finishing a couple of good series. A good way to 'solve' the problem is to watch absolutely no anime for a few weeks and come back. Everything will seem a lot more interesting compared to doing nothing.
Neo Armstrong Cyclone Jet Armstrong Cannon!
Mar 23, 2011 3:41 AM

Jul 2009
Yes it does, but take a break and when you come back it'll be much better.
Mar 23, 2011 4:49 AM

Apr 2010
Everything gets boring if you spend too much time doing it. No different with animu. I watched so much when I was younger I began to hate it with a passion for awhile. A few years later, I love it more than ever.

EVERYTHING IN MODERATION
Mar 23, 2011 5:10 AM

Jan 2011
If you get bored leave it for about six months, Then when you start watching it again you'll like it even more than before.
Mar 23, 2011 5:21 AM

Sep 2010
I'm bored of it right now.
Mar 23, 2011 5:26 AM

Oct 2009
It's no different to other forms of entertainment (music, books, games, movies etc.)(actually no different to anything: hobbies, chores etc.)... I'm not really understaind the meaning behind your question.

I already lived X years of my life therefore life is boring because I have already lived and I now want to try to die?

I've already eaten apples x times in my life, they are boring now so I don't want to eat them.

I've already played this song on the piano and I know what it sounds like therefore I will not play this song again because it'd be boring.

I'm not gonna watch the news ever again because I have seen it before.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2011 6:58 AM
Jul 2018
To me, no. I usually watch it once a day.
Mar 25, 2011 7:35 AM

Mar 2011
Anime usually become boring for me when I watch a ton of episodes over a long period of time. For example watching 150+ episodes in the course of a few weeks. Maybe it becomes more tedious than boring. Of course sometimes it doesn't matter how many episodes I watch of a series such as bleach, fairy tail, one piece...etc, they never get boring.
Mar 25, 2011 7:36 AM

Jan 2009
To me, it use to, but now that rarely ever occurs.
Mar 25, 2011 7:54 AM

Jul 2009
It may become harder to find a refreshing series, and maybe you'll never find one as good as those you've watched. However, have faith that people come out with a bit different ideas, like Madoka.
Mar 25, 2011 7:58 AM

Sep 2010
I get bored sometimes, I hear a great, show watch it and I'm falling asleep.
Perhaps he should take a break or sleep more or something.

Mar 25, 2011 8:52 AM

Aug 2009
yeah, I got bored of it last year and gave up for a long while, I went through a phase of reading a lot of books and not really watching any anime. Then I got tired of reading and went back to anime for the past few months. I'm sure I will switch back again at some point and have another reading phase haha. I always need either something to read or something to watch though, since I love fiction so much :)

strangely enough I have never gotten into reading manga.
Mar 25, 2011 9:24 AM

Nov 2008
I'm having a break right now. I haven't watched a single episode of anything in more than two months. I just can't find anything that will spark my interest. But I did start reading some manga though.
Web developers answer to pretty much any request: You tell me exactly what you want, and I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be...
Mar 25, 2011 9:51 AM

Jul 2009
It really depends on what your watching?

A lot of shoujo's that focus mainly on romance seem to merge into the same thing; if it isn't a timmid girl after attention, there's a love triangle; there's always a 'moody' guy and a 'nice' guy; the only shoujo that pulled this off for me was Fruits Basket, down to the supernatural element and the taboo of romance.

I'm into shounen's, therefore, there is a lot of stuff I could watch, yet I admit many shounen's are generic, as they have fallen into a few cliche trends:
- Powerfull teenage males (characters are always teenagers now)
- Token female who is often a petty tsundere/icequeen and will likely fall into the role of cheerleader
- Token female who's shy (deemed as cute) and will definatley fall into the role of cheerleader
- Villians that aren't as powerful as they should be, as they're taken out by children

Still, there is always atleast one great series following a common theme per season.
If anybody finds anime boring; they may need to step out of their comfort zone, explore other genre's, look out for old serise's, check what's coming up in the next season, use the advance search to illiminate tags you aren't interested in, or find a manga (plenty haven't made it to anime, plenty don't really match their anime).
People will then find that there are thousands of stuff they could get into. ;)

Mar 25, 2011 9:54 AM
Jun 2010
if i watch too much yes. I get sick of it if i watch too much in one day. which is why i keep it to about 2 episodes or so in a row. And about 3 - 4 episodes a day max. Anymore and i get sick.

But overall i dont get sick of anime or bored.
Mar 25, 2011 10:35 AM

Feb 2009
That's like asking me if Gaming or movies get boring... if you like what you watch it doesn't. Why should anime be different?
Mar 25, 2011 4:49 PM

Dec 2010
I think if you watch it too much, sometime along the line you'll get pretty bored. Like me, when I used to spend pretty much ALL my free time watching it, then I took a break and came back to it. I don't watch it as much anymore but I enjoy it much more.

I think the more Anime you've seen, the higher your expectations will raise. Because you want to see something you haven't seen already, something new and interesting.
Mar 25, 2011 5:47 PM

Mar 2011
I'm not boring with anime. If you get boring, try something new, like watch another anime with different genre. I usually do that.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best kind of relationship in anime?

IpreferEcchi - 6 hours ago

9 by Dumb »»
1 minute ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 3 hours ago

12 by Zarutaku »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - 9 hours ago

23 by Ricchan__ »»
4 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

161 by Adnash »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » slut vs prude waifus

deg - Yesterday

31 by LightWorker »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.