Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2009 1:57 PM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Its really difficult for me to really stay with this anime, but its starting to pick up a little bit. I thought the dancing part was pretty nice.

I don't really have much else to say except I'm going to hang in there and see what the rest of this series has in store.
Jan 14, 2010 7:05 PM

Aug 2009
This is my second time watching this anime~ the first time was when it first aired and I don't remember much of it. I love the elegance and music- the pace of this anime is different than a lot of others I've seen, so it's easy to watch when I want something relaxing.

Yumi is a little wishy-washy though... I would become Sachiko's souer in a heartbeat~
Feb 23, 2012 11:12 AM

Oct 2011
Ugh. I have a crush on Sachiko already...
Feb 2, 2014 4:04 AM

Nov 2010
frietfriet said:
Ugh. I have a crush on Sachiko already...

I know. she's really beautiful.
i wonder if there will be any romance involved in the story? hmm..
so for, enjoyable.
Feb 7, 2014 8:31 AM

Aug 2013
I remember someone from a MariMite blog mention that the period before accepting the rosary kind of feels like courtship, accepting it feels like agreeing to go steady. Yep, certainly has that vibe. There's no blatant romance but the tension is there. And that's what makes MariMite awesome.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 29, 2014 9:53 AM
Jun 2013
solid episode. I'm content with the pacing and love the music. Characters are looking pretty good too.
Dec 29, 2014 4:57 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Them Yumi expressions are quite funny. It's true, she has a tendency to say, "Huh, What, Oh"

Solid episode indeed. I'm liking how they are bringing a bit of drama to the show as well as hinted romance.

Jan 15, 2016 12:23 AM

Jan 2013
Pleasant episode by all accounts.
Progress will be slow
Feb 12, 2018 2:54 PM

Oct 2012
Better episode than the last one. The characterization of main heroine was done really well (to the point she seems a lot insteresting than other usual clumsy anime heroines) and the insert of Ave Maria by Bach was great piano scene. It seems that slow build-up would be the great asset of this show.

Wish I would remember all the girls though, so far I can sort only three of four of them :´D
Mar 8, 2018 4:39 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
This is gonna be a slow burn. Can't say anyone is really peaking my interest. At least Sachiko has something going on with her and how she is. Yumi feelings are typical of her age but seeing how these develop might retain interest enough.
Jan 12, 2019 8:01 PM

Apr 2012
xchee said:
I remember someone from a MariMite blog mention that the period before accepting the rosary kind of feels like courtship, accepting it feels like agreeing to go steady. Yep, certainly has that vibe. There's no blatant romance but the tension is there. And that's what makes MariMite awesome.

I would call it a “platonic romance”, thanks Okazu. In the sense that they are indeed bound together by love as a soulmate, but it is love without sexual desire or romance in the literal sense of the word, which should emphasize their purity as "maidens".
Dec 3, 2020 2:21 PM

Aug 2018
It seems that noone gives a fuck about Yumi's feelings except Shimako.. Can't Shimako be a pair for Yumi instead, please?.. ;D I mean, Sachiko, it seems, is busy or something.. But they (Sachiko and Yumi) really need to talk out, what the hell happened at that meeting, and about their feelings on the matter.. If they want to be true sisters, not just go into this play due to social pressure and other shit.. Well, of course they can bond in other way.. But really do something, not be like now.. ;D
And Yumi and Shimako, it seems, can hold a nice friendly conversation.. They can be good friends, actually, it seems.. Well, if they'll want to, of course..
Well, bonding through music can be one of ways as well.. I'd wish maybe they'd talk more.. But somehow I have a feel it's one of these anime, where relationships are absent of these things.. ;D
Oh, but they're actually talking?.. Damn, mark me surprised.. ;D Well, it's good thing they at least talked out the thing that Sachiko couldn't remember their first morning meet.. It's still a little bit eh, possibly, for Yumi.. But at least it's still all good in that Sachiko actually showing some willingness and respect towards Yumi's feelings..
Well, I certainly like Sachiko more now.. She reacts with more warmth to some things, being more warm with Yumi at times.. At times, on the other hand, she is either absent minded, rude, or having her opinion, or some other stuff.. But now she's better person, really, yeah..
And I like how Sachiko tells about handling gossip with firm statement, when she'll be ready to do that.. I like this position.. I think it's also a good thing that Sachiko can actually share with Yumi.. With how Yumi is a bit handling pressure stuff.. More cold headed towards this Sachiko is a good example to Yumi.. Though, also, Sachiko isn't cold headed all the time as well, how we see it in first episode as well, for example.. But it still feels that maybe Sachiko has more experience dealing with such stuff.. Who knows, if I'm right, or just assuming things..
Hm, Sachiko is expert in some traditional arts, hm..
Em.. I'm not too sure, how forcing Cinderella role on Sachiko is "giving her a break".. Isn't that actually an opposite thing?.. It actually seems to me that Sachiko wants to avoid the role.. Well, whether it's because hating men, or whatever other reason.. But it's not following proper things, how she's used to.. So I'm not too sure, what is Youko talking about.. It seems on the contrary that dragging her into counsil, as well as pressuring her with Cinderella role - is exactly putting more responsibility on her, not actually giving her a break.. I don't understand Youko in this place, really..
Rewatched those lines - so she calls work in "council" (as I call it) - small matters, which give her more free time?.. Something like that?.. Well, who knows.. It's subjective, I'd say.. Some people take council work harder, than for example that same piano lessons, dance lessons, ikebana, or whatever.. But, I guess, I don't know, how much of a burden council is for Sachiko.. But at least I understand Youko's reasoning to involve Sachiko in this council..
lol, that Yumi's face at 18:40.. ;P
And it's interesting, how Yumi is actually starting to deal with the gossip asked, trying to think, what would Sachiko answer.. It's interesting, and certainly one of things that can help Yumi a bit..
Well, I think you're adoring Sachiko too much, Yumi.. But it's your feelings, if hanging out with you is truly a dream come true, but also twisted by circumstances - that's how it is..
You also mentioned that Sachiko isn't understanding something.. I think it'd be useful to actually think, what exactly should Sachiko understand.. As she kinda seems thick in her head sometimes, and sometimes careless towards other people feelings.. Even if warm in other instances.. Maybe knowing, what exactly Sachiko could understand - could help you, Yumi, deliver this to her.. If you'd want this, of course.. To me for now it seems that it's not too clear, what exactly Yumi is conflicted about.. I kinda get it, and kinda not.. Like.. I maybe more projecting, how I'd feel in Yumi's case.. That it's nice to get time together with Sachiko, but it's also as if Sachiko isn't dedicating enough attention to some of my feelings?.. What exactly I'd want that Sachiko would think about?.. Maybe writing it out could help, or something.. But again - that's how projecting on myself I'd feel.. I'm not too sure, what Yumi herself means right now, to be honest.. But maybe it seems to me that voicing what you'd want - could be a good thing.. And if you mention Sachiko not understanding something.. Then what is it, what you'd want her to understand?..
Dec 15, 2020 6:40 AM
Apr 2016
Even more similarities with Oniisama...e - getting forcefully dragged into stuff and then unwillingly being the center of attention..
Sep 19, 2021 5:37 AM

Aug 2020
Solid episode.

Still though, this show hasn't piqued my interest. Hopefully it won't take long.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Apr 13, 2022 9:22 PM

Jun 2014
This is becoming even more interesting. There's so much going on, that Yumi is confused, and is unsure of what to do, but Sachiko won't let anything bad happen to her.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru Episode 6 Discussion

DarkIceXIII - Aug 30, 2009

20 by silentxblue »»
Sep 19, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru Episode 1 Discussion

skriticos - Jul 3, 2009

29 by silentxblue »»
Jul 6, 2023 7:53 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru Episode 3 Discussion

Cratex - Aug 12, 2012

17 by Joey-XD19202 »»
Jul 1, 2023 10:27 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru Episode 13 Discussion

HappyPear - Jul 8, 2009

24 by sjmmoc »»
Jun 10, 2023 12:03 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru Episode 12 Discussion

Cratex - Oct 2, 2012

10 by elgatosaika »»
Feb 14, 2023 11:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.