Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Manga and Light Novel Rankings for Feb 10 - 16

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
 
#1
Feb 19, 2014 1:08 PM
News Team
Sol Café Scans

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 2413
Here are the weekly Manga and Light Novel rankings for February 10th - 16th

Rank / This week's sales by copies / Cumulative sales / Titles

Manga
*1. 116,362 *,116,362 Suki tte Ii na yo. Vol.12
*2. *67,783 *,*67,783 L♥DK Vol.14
*3. *66,292 *,269,638 Gintama Vol.53
*4. *61,408 *,249,278 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.6
*5. *43,905 *,134,562 Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Vol.18
*6. *39,452 *,*39,452 Taiyou no Ie Vol.10
*7. *37,122 *,*37,540 Douse Mou Nigerarenai Vol.6
*8. *35,158 *,*69,960 Yozakura Quartet Vol.15
*9. *32,650 *,*46,451 Gunka no Baltzar Vol.6
10. *31,033 *,*62,174 Mahouka Koukou no Yuutousei Vol.3

11. *30,761 *,*30,983 Dakaretai Otoko 1-i ni Odosarete Imasu.
12. *29,108 *,*29,108 Chuugoku Yome Nikki Vol.3
13. *25,810 *,*32,450 Pupa Vol.5
14. *24,718 *,*24,718 Sankaku Mado no Sotogawa wa Yoru Vol.1
15. *23,382 *,*44,166 Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Vol.5
16. *22,500 *,*22,500 Tsugumomo Vol.12
17. *22,150 *,582,942 Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Vol.20
18. *22,092 *,*22,092 Oboreru Knife Vol.17
19. *22,001 1,512,703 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.12
20. *20,931 *,460,685 Hoozuki no Reitetsu Vol.1

21. *20,288 *,*20,288 flat Vol.8
22. *19,036 *,402,419 Hoozuki no Reitetsu Vol.2
23. *18,789 *,*25,264 Abnormal-kei Joshi Vol.2
24. *18,582 *,463,562 Detective Conan Vol.82
25. *18,114 *,841,159 Sakamoto desu ga? Vol.2
26. *17,714 *,552,039 Kuroshitsuji Vol.18
27. *17,670 1,201,224 Sakamoto desu ga? Vol.1
28. *16,884 *,*17,057 Midara na Nettaigyo Vol.1
29. *16,827 *,373,090 Hoozuki no Reitetsu Vol.3
30. *16,515 *,*16,515 Ginban Kishi Vol.3

Rank 31-50

Light Novels and Anime/Manga related books
*1. 57,909 *86,272 Accel World Vol.16
*2. 38,976 397,700 Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou Vol.5
*3. 20,585 *33,162 Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon Vol.7 Part 1 (Vol.16)
*4. 18,026 *33,729 Shingeki no Kyojin: Animation Side - Kou
*5. 17,223 145,104 Monogatari Series: Final Season "Owarimonogatari" Vol.2
*6. 17,066 *17,066 Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru Vol.7
*7. 14,677 212,425 Manga de Wakaru Nanatsu no Shuukan
*8. 12,466 *18,252 Magdala de Nemure Vol.5
*9. 10,869 *16,887 Zero kara Hajimaru Mahou no Sho
10. *8,213 **8,213 Seiken Tsukai no World Break Vol.6

11. *8,055 *44,553 Kakuritsu Sousakan Mikoshiba Gakuto: Himitsu no Game
12. *7,822 **7,822 Katsura Masakazu x Tiger & Bunny: Original and Rough Picture Collection Vol.2
13. *6,510 **9,750 Netgame no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Vol.3
14. *6,293 **9,808 Wizard's Brain Vol.8 Part 3 (Vol.16)
15. *5,923 *35,575 Shokugeki no Souma: à la carte Vol.1
16. *4,662 *25,501 Kantai Collection -Kan Colle-: Ikkousen, Demasu!

Source: Oricon Youtaiju

Submit NewsGuidelinesBBcode GuideJazz-hopShoegaze ∕ @Mention for news edits!
 
#2
Feb 19, 2014 1:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 421
Almost 250,000 copies of Shokugeki no Soma Volume 6 sold! Yes!

Black Butler selling well as always.

And of course, Attack on Titan continues to dominate the charts. Deservedly I might add.

Will probably start reading Mahouka Koukou no Yuutousei soon. Since I'm already reading the Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei light novels.
 
#3
Feb 19, 2014 1:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1053
I am surprised to see Pupa in thirteenth position.
 
#4
Feb 19, 2014 1:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 108348
Lefty112 said:
Almost 250,000 copies of Shokugeki no Soma Volume 6 sold! Yes!

Black Butler selling well as always.

And of course, Attack on Titan continues to dominate the charts. Deservedly I might add.


Ah definitely happy about Shokugeki no Souma there as well. And this:
*8. *35,158 *,*69,960 Yozakura Quartet Vol.15
 
#5
Feb 19, 2014 1:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 3864
As usual lately, mostly series I don't read or never even hear about. I'm surprised to see Yozakura and Yuutousei so high though. The latter is probably riding on LN popularity and anime announcement. Manga alone is pretty weak.
Ii tenki desu ne...
 
#6
Feb 19, 2014 1:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 358
Redmyr said:
I am surprised to see Pupa in thirteenth position.


Pupa is awesome. People are insulting that anime because it's only 5min.
 
#7
Feb 19, 2014 1:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 358
Snow said:
*1. 116,362 *,116,362 Suki tte Ii na yo. Vol.12


Didn't expect it from Suki tte Ii na yo
 
#8
Feb 19, 2014 1:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1053
136_bloodygore said:
Redmyr said:
I am surprised to see Pupa in thirteenth position.


Pupa is awesome. People are insulting that anime because it's only 5min.

I know that. I, myself, find the story interesting. It's a shame they have used this format for the anime.(Sorry if I made mistakes :D)
 
#9
Feb 19, 2014 1:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3947
136_bloodygore said:
Redmyr said:
I am surprised to see Pupa in thirteenth position.


Pupa is awesome. People are insulting that anime because it's only 5min.

Pupa manga is indeed awesome but this is still surprisingly good for an anime bump as I don't think it has ever ranked before. I'm not sure any tankobons from Earth Star Comics have ever ranked before, I wasn't sure if Oricon was counting them.
136_bloodygore said:
Snow said:
*1. 116,362 *,116,362 Suki tte Ii na yo. Vol.12


Didn't expect it from Suki tte Ii na yo
Volume 11 sold more in its first week but it came out on a Saturday that week but a Thursday this week so it had fewer days to rank this first week. Sukitte is really good too, but in a shoujo way.
 
Feb 19, 2014 1:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 358
hpulley said:
136_bloodygore said:
Snow said:
*1. 116,362 *,116,362 Suki tte Ii na yo. Vol.12


Didn't expect it from Suki tte Ii na yo
Volume 11 sold more in its first week but it came out on a Saturday that week but a Thursday this week so it had fewer days to rank this first week. Sukitte is really good too, but in a shoujo way.


Then, I'm going to read it soon. Shoujo is awesome.
 
Feb 19, 2014 2:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1068
L-DK in second place?! Really?!
Facepalm isn't enough to describe my feelings right now. Taiyou No Ie is ten times better and sold half of it.
>.>
 
Feb 19, 2014 2:26 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 4073
Every time I see Magi rank, I can't help but smile. Who knows, next week we might even see it hit 600,000.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
 
Feb 19, 2014 2:36 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 1338
Kella said:
L-DK in second place?! Really?!
Facepalm isn't enough to describe my feelings right now. Taiyou No Ie is ten times better and sold half of it.
>.>



L-DK had sold 3400k for past 13 volumes=260k per volume and this is before live action movie anounced.So it is not surprising at all.


Edit: I was mistaken. 2700k for 12 volumes=240k per volume before live action movie anounced.
Modified by umashikaneko, Feb 19, 2014 3:02 PM
 
Feb 19, 2014 2:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1068
umashikaneko said:
L-DK had sold 3400k for past 13 volumes=260k per volume and this is before live action movie anounced.So it is not surprising at all.

I know, but it makes me puke just thinking about it. That's all ._. my brain simply can't process this information.
It's just like Nisekoi.
 
Feb 19, 2014 2:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24369
Kella said:
umashikaneko said:
L-DK had sold 3400k for past 13 volumes=260k per volume and this is before live action movie anounced.So it is not surprising at all.

I know, but it makes me puke just thinking about it. That's all ._. my brain simply can't process this information.
It's just like Nisekoi.

Grow up..
 
Feb 19, 2014 2:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1068
tsudecimo said:
Grow up..

Everybody have some manga they cheer for, and manga they don't cheer for, or we probably would not comment this rankings every week.
I'm happy for Sukitte, Gintama, Taiyou No Ie, Gunka No Baltzar that I really want to read, Magi (almost 600k!), Hoozuki... But I'd burn every copy of L-DK. Don't tell me you don't have any manga you hate, come on. It's not believable ;)
Modified by Anny, Feb 19, 2014 3:01 PM
 
Feb 19, 2014 2:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 519
Shoujo strong this week.
 
Feb 19, 2014 3:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2944
Snow said:

*9. *32,650 *,*46,451 Gunka no Baltzar Vol.6


T'is most enlightening seeing one of my favourite manga up so high. =)
 
Feb 19, 2014 3:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24369
Kella said:
tsudecimo said:
Grow up..

Everybody have some manga they cheer for, and manga they don't cheer for, or we probably would not comment this rankings every week.
I'm happy for Sukitte, Gintama, Taiyou No Ie, Gunka No Baltzar that I really want to read, Magi (almost 600k!), Hoozuki... But I'd burn every copy of L-DK. Don't tell me you don't have any manga you hate, come on. It's not believable ;)

I don't have a manga/anime that I hate so much that it's success upset me or anger me or have a considerable effect on me..

What is there to upset about? some people liked it and bought it with their own goddamn money. Just because you disliked/hated the manga or thought it was garbage, doesn't mean it's reasonable for you to bash those who bought it or share your hatred like I've seen you do before.
 
Feb 19, 2014 4:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 12350
tsudecimo said:
Kella said:
tsudecimo said:
Grow up..

Everybody have some manga they cheer for, and manga they don't cheer for, or we probably would not comment this rankings every week.
I'm happy for Sukitte, Gintama, Taiyou No Ie, Gunka No Baltzar that I really want to read, Magi (almost 600k!), Hoozuki... But I'd burn every copy of L-DK. Don't tell me you don't have any manga you hate, come on. It's not believable ;)

I don't have a manga/anime that I hate so much that it's success upset me or anger me or have a considerable effect on me..

What is there to upset about? some people liked it and bought it with their own goddamn money. Just because you disliked/hated the manga or thought it was garbage, doesn't mean it's reasonable for you to bash those who bought it or share your hatred like I've seen you do before.

This, easy as that. I dislike the popularity of Nisekoi (it won't end as long as it's selling, even though I've dropped it), and Kill la Kill, but nothing I can do about it. They have different taste, that's it.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
 
Feb 19, 2014 6:01 PM
Ohayousoro7 ⛵

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 4157
Shokugeki no Souma is getting strong. I can't help but smile to see this. But I can't believe that Accel World is still selling that well. I've given up on the novel ages ago for it was terribly boring.
 
Feb 19, 2014 6:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2494
*3. *66,292 *,269,638 Gintama Vol.53
Thats all i need to know =)

Also, i have to start reading Shokugeki no Souma.Heard tons of good things about it and its selling like hot cakes.No reason not to try.
 
Feb 19, 2014 6:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 22569
All Hoozuki no Reitetsu manga volumes got a nice boost.

This one seems interesting.
23. *18,789 *,*25,264 Abnormal-kei Joshi Vol.2
 
Feb 19, 2014 8:19 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 3042
Hoozuki no Reitetsu got a good boost again! <3
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
 
Feb 20, 2014 12:00 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 48
iLostReason said:
*3. *66,292 *,269,638 Gintama Vol.53
Thats all i need to know =)

Also, i have to start reading Shokugeki no Souma.Heard tons of good things about it and its selling like hot cakes.No reason not to try.


YAY somebody who cares about Gintama around here! im happy too :D
 
Feb 20, 2014 12:16 AM
Lily Gardener

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 2956
Pupa getting that anime boost, eh? Not surprising after seeing how terrible the anime is. I wanted to read the manga as well to see what all the pre-anime hype was about. Plus, everyone is constantly saying, "The manga is way better, read the manga."

 
Feb 20, 2014 1:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2003
KingYoshi said:
Pupa getting that anime boost, eh? Not surprising after seeing how terrible the anime is. I wanted to read the manga as well to see what all the pre-anime hype was about. Plus, everyone is constantly saying, "The manga is way better, read the manga."

Unfortunately, that's almost the case for every adaptations out there, except a select few like maybe SnK cause it adapts the manga 98% faithfully and the anime art is better to the eye than the manga though the gore was toned down.

 
Feb 20, 2014 2:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3947
Most 4-koma adaptations are much richer when adapted as anime because 4-koma is very simple in nature generally. It is thus much more open to interpretation and fleshing out than a very detailed manga.

Shoujo manga can be very simple hand drawn art and lettered and thus leaves a lot for the anime character designers to work with.

SnK is also very rough in the art department, leaves a lot of room for improvement in the adaptation.

But some other manga is practically made like anime, as if just using stills from it. Junya Inoue's BTOOOM! And La Vie en Doll both have a staff page including analog and digital art staff, checkers, etc. La Vie en Doll even has a Hebrew translator. I'm not sure how much Inoue actually does, just the story perhaps. They don't leave much to the imagination of anime staff, just stuff to leave out and change for no good reason.
 
Feb 20, 2014 3:06 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 6783
I added Douse Mou Nigerarenai, Tsugumomo, flat, Abnormal-kei Joshi and Midara na Nettaigyo on my plan to read :3

Shokugeki no Souma wasn't that popular when I added it on my plan to read list back then. I am glad that Shokugeki no Souma is doing well. Let's hope for an Anime adaption, a good one. I will read the Manga when I am in the mood.
I always find many Manga from this kind of news thread, thanks!!
Modified by Tengai, Feb 20, 2014 3:09 AM
 
Feb 20, 2014 4:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 17270
I need to start reading Abnormal-kei Joshi again when I have a time. The harem cast that full of yandere and most of the weirdo really need special mood for me to read.
 
Feb 20, 2014 4:24 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 646
Shokugeki no Soma almost 250k!
Great!!
 
Feb 20, 2014 5:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 5834
Shokugeki no Souma is going strong, yes!
And of course, 4 damn volumes of SnK are up on da big ladda. Woop, woop.
 
Feb 20, 2014 5:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1857
Redmyr said:
I am surprised to see Pupa in thirteenth position.
Pupa's manga is much better than the actual anime. Just sayin'
 
Feb 20, 2014 8:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 3339
*4. *61,408 *,249,278 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.6

still going strong
 
Feb 20, 2014 9:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 156
Glad to see Shokugeki no Souma and Taiyou no Ie among the top ^^
"Though we strike at you from the shadows, do NOT think that we lack the courage to stand in the light." - Zeratul
 
Feb 20, 2014 9:14 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 2775
Pupa anime has been completely raped, due to Earth Star Entertainment. I'll wait till it's finished airing, then I'll watch everything in one go (preferably on BD, if any group is crazy enough to do it). Now that the manga is getting noticed, I may as well read that, to see how the anime could have been.

And I like how Hoozuki no Reitetsu is dominating the chart. The anime is great, which bodes well for the manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Feb 20, 2014 10:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 8704
AO968 said:
Pupa anime has been completely raped, due to Earth Star Entertainment.


The manga publishers raped the anime adaptation?

Anyway, slow week for manga, and nothing of particular note with new stuff in the light novel list either.
Weekly light novel releases (from 20/10/2014)
Monthly light novel sales ranks (from Jan 2015)
Bestselling light novel volumes of the year/all time* (and more in the same club).
*that there is data for

There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
 
Feb 20, 2014 11:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 172
Glad to see attack on titan and black butler on the list :D:D
 
Feb 20, 2014 11:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 884
Snow said:
21. *20,288 *,*20,288 flat Vol.8


YES!! <3

it such a cute and adorable manga, sad no one is translating it now :c
Modified by NemuriNezumi, Feb 20, 2014 11:24 AM

∠( ゚Д゚)/ - I only draw freestyle! -
 
Feb 21, 2014 3:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 17270
I wonder how much DxD vol 17 will sell.
 
Feb 21, 2014 10:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 23
NeoAnkara said:
I wonder how much DxD vol 17 will sell.


If I'm not mistaken the last two volumes, 15 and 16, both sold 60k. Volume 17 should be somewhere around those numbers and has been ranking very well at Amazon.

Just as a little extra note, the DxD artbook came out the same day and looks to be sold out at several online locations so the publisher should be happy.
 
Feb 21, 2014 10:07 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 30
Snow said:

Light Novels and Anime/Manga related books

*2. 38,976 397,700 Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou Vol.5


Biblia is the Best.

wonder why so little know about this series in this forum ?
 
Feb 21, 2014 11:48 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 1338
DinadanCarleon said:
Snow said:

Light Novels and Anime/Manga related books

*2. 38,976 397,700 Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou Vol.5


Biblia is the Best.

wonder why so little know about this series in this forum ?



It is popular among non-anime fans and only a few anime/LN fans interested in it even in Japan so it is natural even hardcore foreign anime fans have never heard of it
 
Feb 23, 2014 8:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 411
Woahhh. Didn't know Say I Love You was so popular.
"Komugi, are you there?"



 
Feb 24, 2014 12:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 107
I CAN'T SEEM TO SEE KUROKO NO BASUKE?!!
 
Feb 24, 2014 4:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 3198
Bought Sankaku Mado no Sotogawa wa Yoru, Taiyou no Ie, and the O.B. volumes from the list.
 
Feb 24, 2014 10:26 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2360
 Suki tte Ii na yo sold so well wonder if the anime will get a second season -tries to remember the first season-
 
Feb 24, 2014 11:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3947
Ahmer said:
 Suki tte Ii na yo sold so well wonder if the anime will get a second season -tries to remember the first season-
Anime disks failed to rank at all so sadly I think no second season. I bought the whole set but am one of only a few who did.
 
Feb 24, 2014 2:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1857
Suki-tte Ii na yo - first place deserved
 
Feb 24, 2014 10:41 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 760
hpulley said:
Ahmer said:
 Suki tte Ii na yo sold so well wonder if the anime will get a second season -tries to remember the first season-
Anime disks failed to rank at all so sadly I think no second season. I bought the whole set but am one of only a few who did.


Yeah I actually thought Sukitte Ii na yo the anime was pretty good. I don't know much about the manga though. But yeah, it seems like Sukitte Ii na yo is an example of how good manga sales do not necessarily translate to good anime sales.

I don't know for sure why the connection doesn't seem predictable, but perhaps it could be that anime discs are purchased largely by a different fanbase than the manga? Obviously the price difference might suggest that there would be quite a few people who could afford the manga but not the discs.
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »