Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2009 8:02 AM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really great episode. I didn't expect such a plot twist.
Arashi89Mar 21, 2017 3:20 AM
Nov 30, 2009 6:21 PM

Sep 2009
As whacky as this is going, sometimes it rly makes me laugh ^^
Like when the guy turned to Sasshi and said "Oh, you've been walking?"
That was really funn--- WHOA *trips over plot twist*
Aug 24, 2011 6:00 AM

Apr 2009
So Occhan really was Abe no Seimei? He brought a helicopter to Heian Period Japan, no wonder the locals were frightened. XD Mune-mune being Sasshi's grandmother wasn't really a surprise to me since they've talked about her on the first episode and I suspected it was her when they mentioned their respective relationships with Masa-jii.

The horn growing on his forehead was straight from FLCL, right? Onmyouji training course trial pack. LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 26, 2013 1:27 PM

Apr 2012
I didn't really expect this show to be anything other than comedy. Not that I'm complaining, this is turning out to be quite interesting.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Apr 13, 2013 12:56 PM

Jan 2013
Nice plot twist, so occhan went to a alternate world where grandpa masa and mine mine were still alive?
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jul 5, 2013 4:45 PM

May 2012
Really interesting episode and lol Gainax sure loves drills :p
Good episode!
Jan 20, 2014 10:00 PM
Aug 2013
What a plot twist! Mune Mune is sashi's grandmother! Lmfao he had a hard on for his granny! enjoying this series. Surprisingly there is a plot in this show.
Mar 6, 2014 9:59 PM
Jun 2013
So both muni and abe were always terrible people.I mean was this show trying to make me care for them or feel sad? Cause if that was the goal then man it failed. You screw a guys wife who was your childhood friend what els you thought was going to happen.You deserved it you jerk. Then you have a second chance and instead of talking to this guy and maybe avoiding this you do him dirt again. Also muni is not exempt from this blame as well. I felt no pity for her or that other douchbag. The line he uses in the past episode "im powerless to do anything" is just utter bull. Hes not powerless he just a freaking idiot.
souledge94Mar 7, 2014 10:50 AM
Mar 17, 2017 2:25 PM

Dec 2016
I love how in the episode preview they used the Neon Genesis Evangelion next episode jingle
Apr 16, 2020 3:29 PM

Jan 2009
ah ok so its about breaking karmic cycle or history repeats itself kind of thing, who would have thought that Masabou got NTRed hard in ancient past lol

this is like the original Steins;Gate of the anime industry huh lol they gonna change fate or destiny
Nov 18, 2020 7:35 AM

Aug 2017
More references to go, I see. And the fact that Abenobashi resembles Kyoto (mentioned in episode 7 by Mune-Mune) finally got an explanation.

Fisheye view, just like in Eva (were there instances of it in earlier anime? I can't remember). So...is it impossible to save Masayuki again? Or is it impossible merely for Abe-san, but not for Sasshi (potentially)?

The horn growing on his forehead was straight from FLCL, right?

FLCL horns had more functionality though. By the way, Abe-san's treats look just like Sasshi's horn

this is like the original Steins;Gate of the anime industry huh lol they gonna change fate or destiny

I'm not the only one to remember S;G here, yay! Though I'm not sure Abenobashi is the first *ever* to have plot elements related to time, fate, etc.

P.S. Funny preview for this ep. as always. Breaking the 4th wall a bit.

P.P.S. Realized that Mune-Mune was defeated by snails in ep. 2 because they're from Masayuki's restaurant, and given their relationship in the real modern world...it's not surprising that she "fears" or "dislikes" French food which translates into taking damage from it in the RPG world xD

P.P.P.S. It's left to be explained why is Mune-Mune so young in Sasshi's worlds while Masayuki is his "real" age.
St0rmbladeNov 18, 2020 8:34 AM
Nov 18, 2020 4:02 PM

Dec 2015
@St0rmblade Mune² is herself, just like Abe no Seimei, while the old Masa is like the other inhabitants a "part" of the created world.
Oct 29, 2021 6:41 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well that's interesting as a real development but I just prefer when they're parodying themes, it's not THAT good this way xD
Apr 29, 2022 8:38 AM

Nov 2010
That explains a lot. The plot has become interesting, but it looks like we are back to wacky worlds again next episode. lol

Heian Kyo is such an awesome looking city. The hard, but simple life of the distant past. I don't mind living during that era.
Jul 24, 2023 5:27 PM

Apr 2021
Very good episode. After Satoshi found out the truth I was surprised. it was a very fantastic episode.
Jan 29, 2:17 AM

Jun 2021
forgot about the helicopter and his house full of modern day technology settled in a far past, but not how halfway through the plot became that dark.

More topics from this board

» I'm a dum dum

TikkiWii - Jan 28

8 by phototaku »»
Feb 26, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - May 27, 2008

88 by _untitled »»
Jan 29, 11:55 AM

Poll: » Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai Episode 12 Discussion

Juliab - Apr 16, 2008

39 by _untitled »»
Jan 29, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai Episode 8 Discussion

Juliab - Apr 11, 2008

23 by _untitled »»
Jan 29, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai Episode 11 Discussion

Arashi89 - Aug 11, 2009

17 by _untitled »»
Jan 29, 2:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.