Forum Settings
Forums

more than a quarter of surveyed South African men admitted to having raped

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 14, 2009 3:49 PM

May 2009
Divine_Glitch said:
AriosThePirate said:
Divine_Glitch said:
more than a quarter of surveyed South African Cocks admitted to having Cocks

How is this Cocks!!?
So you're just spamming now?

Don't recommend me something that is still publishing, unless its close to being finished. Don't recommend me anything that isn't licensed.
Aug 14, 2009 4:11 PM

Jun 2008
This topic just so uncessary, its like "Oh look here, here you see the true nature of African men"

Request to have it removed -

*awaits ass flaming by random emo*
Sverige är ärorikt, såsom jag :-]
Aug 14, 2009 5:25 PM
Jun 2008
This might shock most of you, but South Africa is not some little dirt hut country.

There are no pits. It's basically got a rape situation that's as bad as other developed countries like Sweden. You don't see people making Viking rape and pillage jokes about the Swedish rape rate, so why are we bringing down the KFC/those darn negroes again!! arguments?

I'm not uptight, it's just that people have their notions on South Africa based on the rest of Africa. It's practically a different world there.
Aug 14, 2009 10:20 PM

Jun 2008
cantius said:
Chavez said:
Kurtz said:
Does this mean a quarter of south african women have been raped or was it only one woman and they all took turns?

They probably threw a bucket of KFC in a pit and raped everything that jumped in.

Awww, we got a little faggot ass racist in here. It's too bad you wouldn't even be man enough to say it out loud in front of black people in real life. Pussy.

I doubt your helping the "case" by doing nothing but calling him names and "testing his toughness"
Aug 14, 2009 10:38 PM

Jun 2008
cantius said:
AriosThePirate said:
cantius said:
Chavez said:
Kurtz said:
Does this mean a quarter of south african women have been raped or was it only one woman and they all took turns?

They probably threw a bucket of KFC in a pit and raped everything that jumped in.

Awww, we got a little faggot ass racist in here. It's too bad you wouldn't even be man enough to say it out loud in front of black people in real life. Pussy.

I doubt your helping the "case" by doing nothing but calling him names and "testing his toughness"

Yes, I know. I just wanted to remind him how dumb he sounds.

I guess that makes sense.
Aug 15, 2009 12:43 AM

Jun 2009
AriosThePirate said:
cantius said:
AriosThePirate said:
cantius said:
Chavez said:
Kurtz said:

Yes, I know. I just wanted to remind him how dumb he sounds.

I guess that makes sense.

It would, however reminding someone how foolish they sound while bringing your own attitude and vocabulary down to the same level is pretty...well, stupid. Although I also can't debate the reasoning behind the post, which I agree with. Can't stand racism, it's just uncool.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Aug 15, 2009 9:19 PM
Aug 2008
tehnominator said:

It's basically got a rape situation that's as bad as other developed countries like Sweden.

I think South Africa's rape culture is very different from Sweden.

I think South Africa has more rape than Sweden.

I think if I post statistics I will get accused of racism, therefore I'll let the other amateur criminologists make up their own minds.
Aug 15, 2009 11:30 PM

Jun 2009
formosan said:
tehnominator said:

It's basically got a rape situation that's as bad as other developed countries like Sweden.

I think if I post statistics I will get accused of racism, therefore I'll let the other amateur criminologists make up their own minds.

Anyone who says posting facts provided by other people is racist is a fool anyways. So here.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_rap_percap-crime-rapes-per-capita

South Africa has the highest on that whole list. Sweden isn't on there, so here is a wikilink with a nice PDF chart that includes both next to eachother.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_statistics#UN_Statistics

South Africa, again, takes the rape cake; and this isn't racist, it's just the numbers. I do not believe the people there achieved this statistical advantage due to ethnic background, but simply because a nation in turmoil has much more to deal with than a generally stable one. Because of this, more personal crimes like rape and such sadly take a backseat to crimes like genocide, that effect the populace as a whole. That's largely why, I think, South Africa has such an astonishingly high rape rate. Nothing to do with them being black.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Aug 15, 2009 11:44 PM

May 2007
mightykid218 said:
formosan said:
tehnominator said:

Anyone who says posting facts provided by other people is racist is a fool anyways. So here.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_rap_percap-crime-rapes-per-capita

South Africa has the highest on that whole list. Sweden isn't on there, so here is a wikilink with a nice PDF chart that includes both next to eachother.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_statistics#UN_Statistics

South Africa, again, takes the rape cake; and this isn't racist, it's just the numbers. I do not believe the people there achieved this statistical advantage due to ethnic background, but simply because a nation in turmoil has much more to deal with than a generally stable one. Because of this, more personal crimes like rape and such sadly take a backseat to crimes like genocide, that effect the populace as a whole. That's largely why, I think, South Africa has such an astonishingly high rape rate. Nothing to do with them being black.

I can't belive someone assumed that those things were related.
What the heck are we? /b/tards?!?! hell no!
Aug 15, 2009 11:51 PM

Jun 2009
Ryushi said:

Ironically, I believe that pages earlier the race issue came into play BECAUSE of a /b/-style post about KFC. So apparently, some of us are.
Aug 15, 2009 11:54 PM

May 2007
mightykid218 said:
Ryushi said:

Ironically, I believe that pages earlier the race issue came into play BECAUSE of a /b/-style post about KFC. So apparently, some of us are.
I can't help but feeling sick about that.

Racist people are just a bunch of retarded assholes with nothing better to do.

Seriously, just because black people have more pigments in ther skin than ours, doesn't mean we are superior.
Actually, that would mean we are inferiour, by having debilited skin protection against the sun.
Aug 15, 2009 11:57 PM

Mar 2009
World Cup is gonna fail so bad...

whos seen locked up abroad on NatGeo... alot of foreigners visiting for the world cup, better be careful

racismn and prejudice aside,, facts are facts that country is dangerous
Aug 16, 2009 12:08 AM
Feb 2009
orbitzz said:
I somehow misread this as "more than a quarter of surveyed South African men admitted to having been raped"

For some strange reason, so did I.
Maybe it's cause of the way it's worded?
Aug 16, 2009 12:08 AM

Jun 2009
Ryushi said:
mightykid218 said:
Ryushi said:

I can't help but feeling sick about that.

Racist people are just a bunch of retarded assholes with nothing better to do.

Seriously, just because black people have more pigments in ther skin than ours, doesn't mean we are superior.
Actually, that would mean we are inferiour, by having debilited skin protection against the sun.

It's inevitable for people to squabble over differences like this, and issues like this one just provide fuel for that fire. Of course, it goes both ways. Put the number of black pedofucks you've seen next to the white ones. Caucasians seem to love the childrens much more than our African bretheren. And, as you pointed out, lighter skined people don't tan up all to well. What that should show is that anyone can find ways to be racist, and sadly, it's pretty unstoppable. However the rape issue in SA is controllable, and I think, will resolve itself if and when the area comes out of the aforementioned political conflicts .
Aug 16, 2009 12:09 AM

May 2007
mrbushido said:
World Cup is gonna fail so bad...

whos seen locked up abroad on NatGeo... alot of foreigners visiting for the world cup, better be careful

racismn and prejudice aside,, facts are facts that country is dangerous
That is true. But not because they are black.
Thats because they have almost no money, and were explored like slaves.
Any civilization would go to hell in the same condition.

Just like barbarians.

Just like the hell that the developed countries are starting to go through since long time ago.
Aug 16, 2009 12:40 AM

Mar 2009
ye its not about being black, although it is inevitable for some people to have prejudices

like for example:

if im westernized asian, am i gonna go asian countries notorius for violence? Hell no, not cause asians are dangerous its cause that place is

same thing if ur hispanic/black/caucasian
Aug 16, 2009 2:49 AM

Apr 2009
this link is further proof of the issue, and how rape is seen in South Africa (by some)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrective_rape
Aug 16, 2009 9:16 AM

Dec 2008
Also couple the highest number of rape to the highest number of aids patients + the believe that having sex with a virgin will cure it...
Aug 16, 2009 10:19 PM
Aug 2008
mightykid218 said:

South Africa may have set a record for reported cases of rape, however, I suspect many rapes in Africa go unreported.

E.g.:

http://glennsacks.com/blog/?p=4104

Secretary of State Clinton made a special point of the use of rape in warfare when she visited the Democratic Republic of Congo last week.

And it does in fact seem that, in that country's seemingly interminable civil war, not only the various irregular forces, but the Congolese army and that of Rwanda (which is helping to put a stop to militia violence), have engaged in a campaign of rape to cow the civilian populace into submission. Although the vast majority of the rapes reported are committed against women and girls, increasingly, men and boys are also targeted.

Although the dimensions of the problem can't be accurately known, an estimated 220,000 rapes have occurred since 1998.
Aug 16, 2009 10:20 PM

Aug 2008
I have to wonder. How much chicken does South Africa get?
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Aug 16, 2009 10:23 PM

Jun 2009
formosan said:

South Africa may have set a record for reported cases of rape, however, I suspect many rapes in Africa go unreported.

Oh, undoubtedly. There are always unregistered rapes, just like any other crime that fails to ever get reported, like a murder. Just thinking about how much crime passes through the worlds legal system not counting such under the radar cases in itself is pretty terrifying. But even with the unrecorded, this only further increases the number. And although all countries will have unreported cases, Africa could and logically would have more there because with an already sky high rape rate, most women probably don't see a reason to because nothing or little will be done. That's why we need to start executing rapists, unexceptionally.
Aug 16, 2009 11:09 PM

Aug 2009
Alindul said:
The problem with assigning the death penalty for rape would rest in the fact that there is no higher punishment for an added offense. In other words if murder is also punishable by the death penalty as well criminals may be prone to thinking: "hell, why not kill the women as well, I'm already going to die anyways...". So this could lead to an increase in the number of rape/murder offenses because logically, if a person is that desperate and fucked up to rape someone in the first place, odds are death isn't something they're really considering as a reason to not commit the crime.

That is applicable only to murder not rape. According to criminal law, murder is the most severe of all the crimes and its seriousness cannot be compared to that of rape. Rape usually happens when one is so sexually frustrated that there is not turning back. Now if we apply the death penalty to rape, it will decrease these crimes. Why? Because a rapist is one who values his life. Why again? Because when he rapes a person, he feels superior to the victim and his lust makes him feel alive. Now if he knows that he will be executed if caught, it conflicts his main feeling. Superiority. If he is dead or will be executed, he will not have the time to savor the feeling.
My rape theory cannot be applied to murderes. They know that a murder is punishable by death or life imprisonement. As you said, they have it in their mind that they will die if they committ the murder but due to human instinct they do it regardless.
Rapists fear death while killers don't. Thats the crux of my argument.
Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny
- Lao-Tze.

Aug 17, 2009 12:33 AM

Jun 2009
Killy_Zouichi said:
Alindul said:
The problem with assigning the death penalty for rape would rest in the fact that there is no higher punishment for an added offense. In other words if murder is also punishable by the death penalty as well criminals may be prone to thinking: "hell, why not kill the women as well, I'm already going to die anyways...". So this could lead to an increase in the number of rape/murder offenses because logically, if a person is that desperate and fucked up to rape someone in the first place, odds are death isn't something they're really considering as a reason to not commit the crime.

That is applicable only to murder not rape. According to criminal law, murder is the most severe of all the crimes and its seriousness cannot be compared to that of rape. Rape usually happens when one is so sexually frustrated that there is not turning back. Now if we apply the death penalty to rape, it will decrease these crimes. Why? Because a rapist is one who values his life. Why again? Because when he rapes a person, he feels superior to the victim and his lust makes him feel alive. Now if he knows that he will be executed if caught, it conflicts his main feeling. Superiority. If he is dead or will be executed, he will not have the time to savor the feeling.
My rape theory cannot be applied to murderes. They know that a murder is punishable by death or life imprisonement. As you said, they have it in their mind that they will die if they committ the murder but due to human instinct they do it regardless.
Rapists fear death while killers don't. Thats the crux of my argument.

But so many murders try to escape this fate once they are caught. In many cases, I think people convince themselves they know how to get away with it and then commit such a crime. Albeit, there are murders who do not fear death. But I am sure there are also rapists that do not fear death as well. In fact;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitty_Genovese

Rape turned murder, and it goes on to explain that in his trial the perp said he did it plenty of times, because it was easy. That's an example of not fearing death, however he wasn't just a murderer but also a rapist. I think rape and murder so often already either go hand in hand or lead from one to the other that they criminally deserve the same punishment. However, I am incredibly biased because rape is one of the two things I really, really find to be unforgivable.
Aug 17, 2009 3:30 AM

Mar 2009
Indescribable.

The world today is becoming like hell. Or perhaps, worse than that.
Aug 17, 2009 4:05 AM
Aug 2008
AlexisSolitaire said:
Indescribable.

I am not thrilled about this world, but at least we can look forward to death. The conventional notion of "hell" is that one can't stop or change the torment by dying.

Death is not a guaranteed improvement - it may lead to something worse - but it's a possibility for improvement.

Also I am thankful that some good things have happened in 2009. Several espionage rings were compromised (time will tell if Sibel Edmonds will win). Several criminals in high office were publicly accused (I'm thinking of the kidney theft ring that had office-holders covering up its crimes). Madoff was taken off the streets, although he probably won't be punished at all. I discovered the joys of Reductil and lost a few kilograms. So, really, I can't say that everything sucks.

Healing the rape culture may take some doing. I don't trust anyone. But the world is not a place of absolute evil.
Aug 17, 2009 6:31 AM

Sep 2007
AlexisSolitaire said:
Indescribable.

This may sound a little weird but the situation in South Africa is a lot better than it was 20 years ago (or since September). Sure theirs an increase in rape, murder and theft but at least people in South Africa are trying to deal with these problems rather than just considering it as not important because it's a problem only really affecting there black underclass.

This increase in crimes like rape and murder was inevitable, after the breakup of apartheid the rise in crime was inevitable. The country only had a police force that was largely racist and only designed to take care of the whites less than 10% of the population. There was practically no way they could end apartheid without something like this happening, but now there in a position to actually do something about this. My point is the world isn't like hell because it's better than it was and hopefully getting better.
Nov 14, 2012 5:08 AM

Sep 2011
Necroing this thread

This is why I've never liked Africa and have always suggested building a wall around it
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Nov 14, 2012 6:24 AM

Jun 2010
JennyEsquire said:
Necroing this thread

This is why I've never liked Africa and have always suggested building a wall around it

Or we could not hide from our problems but face them. Fix them.
Nov 14, 2012 6:47 AM

Sep 2011
Hitchens said:
JennyEsquire said:
Necroing this thread

Or we could not hide from our problems but face them. Fix them.

I'm too selfish to care about that sort of thing
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Nov 14, 2012 1:50 PM
Jul 2018
This damn world
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.