Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 10, 2009 10:22 AM

Feb 2008
Hey guys, I'm new to this club, and I just though I'd share a bit of my hopeful book someday. I did read the rules so I'm good on those. Also this doesn't have an anime setting, it's fairly realistic.

Anyway on to my story:

It was a hot day in 1982. I do indeed remember that day. Full of surprises I didn't know were even comprehensible to the human mind. Like a memory, they tend to fade away. This one did. It just wasn't a day, more so a year. It was, how shall I put it, intriguing to say the least.
However my current location is rather different. It's wet and cold. I'm under a tree and the crackle of thunder doesn't bother me. I don't even feel human anymore. What's the point of life? It's asked so much yet I can't even assume an answer. This suit I'm wearing...why?
I took off my tie and threw in to the ground. I felt so empty. I clenched my fist and hit in against the soft, muddy earth. I didn't care anymore. I looked up at the sky and remembered 1982, that day one year ago that started everything.

A YEAR BEFORE:

"Dammit this heat sucks" I thought to myself. You'd think in June, it would be somewhat mild, especially in Massachusetts, however this was not the case. The sweat dripped from my forehead rapidly. I was standing on the sidewalk outside of a laundromat. Why? I couldn't tell you, cause even I don't know why. I just liked to walk to random places. I just walked down the sidewalk to hear children crying cause of the sweltering temperature, mothers trying to appease their children and ice cream men trying to sell as much as they could. I find the site rather humorous.
As I walked across the street I hear somebody blasting The Doors' 'Light my Fire'. I always liked that song and I though since it's 1967 release, why would it be popular now when you have bands like Def Leppard, Van Halen and AC/DC? Oh well. I continued my sluggish walk across the street and into the park. Despite the heat, the park had a peaceful look to it. I usually came here whenever school was over just to sit and think about life in general.
I found a bench that I usually sat at. The bench wasn't far from the entrance and I could tell it was my bench since it was by the enormous oak tree. The reason why I chose this bench is because well, it was one of the first places I went to in 15 years of existence to escape from reality. What could I say? Reality is harsh. As I went to sit down, I though I heard something yell my name, I looked up.
"Tim! Tim! You gotta come quick" I heard as I looked up. It was my friend Matt Tomilson. Matt's a good guy, probably my longest and closest friend too. However as he ran towards the bench, his voice was filled with worry. Something was obviously wrong.
"Matt, calm down. What's going on?" I asked as I stood up. It was unusual for Matt to be worried. He's one of these guys that willl be completely depressed but by his attitude you could never tell. He's in a great mood all the time and just someone you want to be around. Matt was really tall too, probably about 6' 2". It was funny though cause I always said he was part of the Aryan race with his blond hair and blue eyes.
"It's Baxter...they're gonna kill him" Matt panted as he looked down at the ground.
"Wait what? Who's gonna kill Baxter? What the hell are you talking about Matt?" I questioned with great concern.
"No time, just follow me" Matt said as he ran off. I followed with a million questions racing in my mind. Why was Baxter in trouble? Who was going to kill him? Granted, Baxter can be a bit of a troublemaker. Baxter has been a close friend too. He's a rather quiet guy but a rebel. He doesn't put up with something if he doesn't agree. He doesn't try to get his way at all, but he wants things to be fair for others. At 5' 8", he was probably the shortest of us. His black hair matched his black eyes. He was also quite popular with girls despite his antisocial attitude.
It felt like forever as we ran and ran. I had no idea where we were even going to but I was hoping it was much farther. Matt seemed to have great endurance while running. During P.E., it would at least take him the entire class and then more to become tired. It seemed as if he was superhuman.
"There he is" Matt said as he stopped. He pointed into an alley that was probably 3 blocks from the park. We ran straight to it, however we hid on the sides of the alley walls. I looked in. The situation looked grim. Baxter was pinned up against the wall by five guys. One of them had a knife. I trembled at the site of the knife. The guy with the knife raised his arm and swung it at Baxter. I yelled instantaneously...
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 26, 2009 8:43 PM

Dec 2008
that was a pretty good story. I have nothing really to criticize you on. A few typo's but that's about it. Great job and I hope you keep up the good work :)

~Signature made by Dea37s~

Night Academy I.D.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» For Those Who Don't Believe in God (Part 3 posted)

FALLEN101 - Sep 14, 2009

6 by FALLEN101 »»
Nov 4, 2010 9:18 AM

» Practicing Roleplaying, Feedback is welcome.

BlackOperations - May 5, 2010

1 by BlackOperations »»
May 5, 2010 8:27 PM

» Gekokujou~

annabloem - Apr 8, 2010

1 by georgi »»
Apr 9, 2010 6:33 PM

» Define 'Criminal' (3rd Chapter Up)

FALLEN101 - Feb 17, 2010

7 by georgi »»
Apr 9, 2010 3:37 PM

» Member cards ( 1 2 )

BlazingDevil - Jul 19, 2009

87 by Kanra_Orihara »»
Apr 8, 2010 7:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.