Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 9, 2009 12:58 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
6 is out and a rather good episode. Screens to come a little later . . .

loplopAug 10, 2009 7:04 AM
Aug 10, 2009 3:43 AM

Jul 2009
that was one episode with hardcore censorship.... -_-
Aug 10, 2009 4:54 AM

Jan 2009
Princess Lover is excessively cheesy, bombarding corny cliche's everywhere! Lol, but the show's sooooo fucking funny XD
Aug 10, 2009 5:46 AM

May 2009
vinesage said:

i dont understand :)
I`M A MURDERER
Aug 10, 2009 6:44 AM

Jul 2009
Racu said:
vinesage said:

i dont understand :)
was that meant to be a joke? :-)
They even censored out the parts which are already "covered" (by something), i guess this is meant to be a strategy for the DVD sale later...
Aug 10, 2009 6:55 AM

Feb 2008
Basically, that's it. It's a shame that the AT-X rumored showing seems to have gone away
Aug 10, 2009 8:06 AM

Sep 2007
Wow... Really hardcore censorships on this one... O_o
ARF... So sadly...
I want my naked Sylvia. :(
Aug 10, 2009 11:49 AM

May 2009
what do you expect from a PG-13 rating ? :))
I`M A MURDERER
Aug 10, 2009 1:12 PM
Aug 2009
That censorship is a Japanese thing. American T.V. was built on cleavage shots. Whats wrong with showing some tits? Damn...
Aug 10, 2009 10:21 PM

Jul 2009
At the beginning of the episode I just have to say this:

"Yo dawg, I heard you like Anime so we Put anime In your Anime
so you can watch your Anime while you watch Anime." ^_^

And were they just talking to the screen right before the OP theme?

Watching Teppei's comrades die in the epic battle for peeping on fully developed, cute high school girls in a Hot Spring was just simply hilarious because of their reactions. Why were they censoring Teppei's face? Too not make it look like they copied it from another anime? I kind of recognized that face even with that black strip over his eyes.

Major censoring in this episode, they seem like they have very thick "mist clouds" covering their bodies even when inside the building. I liked that little Lesbian action going on there, can't wait for the next episode! ^_^

Rich, Lesbian, High School girls is pure win
Aug 10, 2009 11:46 PM
Jul 2009
i cant wait for the next ep why does it say its not a romantic anime
Aug 11, 2009 2:04 AM

May 2008
Nice episode, feel sorry for silvie being left out thought.
Aug 11, 2009 7:42 PM

Jan 2009
Zanboba said:
That censorship is a Japanese thing. American T.V. was built on cleavage shots. Whats wrong with showing some tits? Damn...

Ah.....are you serious? American TV has a lot more censors. Anyway, I'm waiting for the subs to come out
Aug 12, 2009 9:20 AM

May 2009
it came out :)
I`M A MURDERER
Aug 12, 2009 9:56 AM

Dec 2008
Shine, Falcon Crystal.
Aug 12, 2009 10:40 AM
May 2009
Just as I expected, Charlotte has a betrothed and I wonder what will Teppei do =)
More or less, I just hope that he'll just effin kill Charlotte's fiancee and get her out of misery...

Anyway, this episode's censorship went a bit overboard XD
Aug 12, 2009 11:20 AM

Jan 2009
I liked the episode but the censorship, wow, that was a lot. And Charlotte hasn't been dethroned. To whoever said that, this episode was just a filler episode with tones on -censored- fanservice.

Anyway, next episode looks like it's gonna be pretty serious with Charlotte's finance coming.
Aug 12, 2009 11:48 AM

Jan 2009
This episode made me Lol
Aug 12, 2009 11:54 AM

Sep 2007
Oh man, this episode was so roflcopter. The Akagi parody made me lolz. Too bad the censors were running rampant.
Aug 12, 2009 12:07 PM

Jul 2008
dam i havent seen a hotbath scene this funny b4 XD
lolz

sigh dam all the censoring =/
and lolz at preview
teh Urine game is back XD

Meh_93 said:
Anyway, next episode looks like it's gonna be pretty serious with Charlotte's finance coming.

What will our hero do?
Aug 12, 2009 12:11 PM

Feb 2008
you would think htey would have told her what it is by now.

the end was rather basic and uninteresting. i suppose they all pretty much know where they stand but this episode wasn't really that great. they still didn't really explain the events of the previous episode.
Aug 12, 2009 12:18 PM
May 2009
Yeah, It's gonna be pretty serious next episode... but I hope Charlotte's fiancee is someone like Nezu in personality so there won't be anymore probs XD
Aug 12, 2009 12:38 PM

Jan 2009
I think the censorship had a running joke about the mist :p
Aug 12, 2009 12:40 PM

Sep 2008
it was really good! Saiko da! XD but i would have liked if the subs where done by hitode... gleam is to much for me... to formal i might say. i find it hard to conjure their subs with little effort. which caused me intermediate pauses from my media player. although english is our 2nd language here in the phils. i still find it uncomfortable.

thx 2 Rinjii 4 d sigy^^
Aug 12, 2009 1:01 PM

Apr 2009
Ahaha xD Corny yet still lol worthy....
Aug 12, 2009 1:06 PM

Jul 2008
AlliedG said:
I think the censorship had a running joke about the mist :p

lolz i thought so too XD
does anyone know if the dvds would have such censorship?
Aug 12, 2009 1:28 PM
Jul 2018
This is ridiculous, they should either show nipples or dont have fanservice in the show. I mean, who gets satisfied by watching clouds? shikamaru-philia (god im so funny.)

anyway, i swear that there will be an uncensored version since its actually derived from an h-game.

http://www.giantbomb.com/princess-lover/61-25102/all-images/52-176501/?page=3

feast your eyes on some official nipples, brothers in arms.
Aug 12, 2009 1:33 PM

Sep 2008
I wonder if anyone will have the guts to say that censoring in this show isn't annoying...

Oh well, a nice episode anyway. Yuu getting scared and embarassed puts K-On's Mio to shame.
Aug 12, 2009 1:47 PM
Jul 2018
For the first time in harem anime history i can honestly say i have no clue who he will end up with. Its usally the "wife-type-with-platonic-love" ends up with the main. And there is always a angry tsundere kind of girl who never admits her feelings. But in this anime they all have admitted they like the main in episode 6 and they all have as much screen time. Its usally the first girl the main meet who he chooses, but in this case i think the first girl he met is a little to airhead and to little screentime, maybe this is because they want a drastic turn when he gets together with her in the end.
Aug 12, 2009 2:19 PM

Dec 2008
Censors aside (freaking smart bastages, cause you know they know we're going to buy the DVD because of it), the whole peeping operation was funny as heck. The reactions when someone got nocked off was hilarious.

Oh, and "I'll let you peek, you just have to ask."

XD!
Aug 12, 2009 2:30 PM
Jan 2009
seishi-sama said:
I wonder if anyone will have the guts to say that censoring in this show isn't annoying...

Oh well, a nice episode anyway. Yuu getting scared and embarassed puts K-On's Mio to shame.

Lol, I would say it but... it really was annoying. ;]
Overall the episode was excellent made me laugh many times. Especially the ping pong part and Yuu being worried.

Viva Lucky Lechers~!
Aug 12, 2009 2:41 PM

Jul 2009
Viva Lucky Sukebe!!!!! Lmfao

Aug 12, 2009 2:50 PM

Apr 2009
Q: Who are you talking to?
A. MEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Aug 12, 2009 3:00 PM

Jan 2009
Even though censoring was annoying in this episode, overall episode was superb. I just simply lol'd . Garsome episode, garsome.
Aug 12, 2009 3:33 PM
Mar 2008
I absolutely LOVED the kaiji references. What a great episode
Aug 12, 2009 3:44 PM

Oct 2008
they should've made this anime rated R and take away all censorship. the censors in this ep was so hardcore.

Aug 12, 2009 4:05 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
KAIJI face was LOL

Other than that, very disappointing episode (Teppei is acting out of character)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 12, 2009 4:13 PM

Jul 2009
negative1111 said:
For the first time in harem anime history i can honestly say i have no clue who he will end up with. Its usally the "wife-type-with-platonic-love" ends up with the main. And there is always a angry tsundere kind of girl who never admits her feelings. But in this anime they all have admitted they like the main in episode 6 and they all have as much screen time. Its usally the first girl the main meet who he chooses, but in this case i think the first girl he met is a little to airhead and to little screentime, maybe this is because they want a drastic turn when he gets together with her in the end.

I dont see what is hard to know who he's gonna end up, considering in every single important frame, they shove Teppei to Charlotte the same way Persona did w/ Yukiko & MC. It was so OBVIOUS that made me throw up in disgust ( At least I liked Yukiko, so no throw up in P4).

As for the main girl being an airhead, there are already coutless of them mentioned in the previous threads such as Moka ( Rosario Vambitch), Musubitch ( Sekigay),... so it was not the first IMO. About the "wife-type-with-platonic-love", please rewatch the first ep and say it again because Charlotte already surrealistically swooned over Teppei just because he did a SINGLE nice act, like most of his Harem lead predecessors.

"Too little screen time" ? Did you ever see Sylvia has nearly 1/3 of Charlotte's time w/ Teppei ? It's not even fair how these guys distribute each girl's time :( Especially Yuu and Sylvia, with Yuu being worse since I did not see any reason for her to love him at this point, other than the bullshit crap that he is her master.

Even the next ep is stereotypical with the "Fiance appear, steal the female lead away, made the male jealous hence realize his feelings for her then claim her back and together they go to LALA land. Their moment might proceed smoothly or got interrupted by people without any sense of discrecy who overflooded in anime"

This is just like Blassreiter where people keep wondering who the heck is the MC, when he was right before their friggin' eyes, watching them !@#$$ *sigh*

TadloS said:
Even though censoring was annoying in this episode, overall episode was superb. I just simply lol'd . Garsome episode, garsome.

Oh, so peeping on girls without their consent like a buch of dirty freaks is considered GAR ? Then that was the reason why people lie GARMINA so much ? PFFF... It's fine for boys to be perverted but seriously, why bother to commit such act of indecency when the other party already disapproved, it's just like they are a bunch of lil D-bags who keep harassing women on the streets or something... And here I thought Teppei was the decent character they portrayed him to be at the beginning, too much to hope for... <_<
BitchMasterAug 12, 2009 4:33 PM

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Aug 12, 2009 4:39 PM

Feb 2008
this is the most i've laughed in this series, great ep
Aug 12, 2009 4:58 PM

Aug 2008
Weak ep buried under a pile of clichés. Watch Fumoffu instead!

I want my naked Saber!
Aug 12, 2009 7:50 PM

Jul 2007
Bladin said:
I absolutely LOVED the kaiji references. What a great episode

!! I was right it was Kaiji I saw lol
Aug 12, 2009 7:56 PM

Jul 2009
Sigh.. too bad this anime is only 12 episodes. I just love the art.. the oversize boobs are a kinda bad though but, the humour is jokes.
Aug 12, 2009 8:14 PM

Apr 2009
i just laughed a lot because they used the onsen cliches a lot.. and they seem to be referencing to themselves and the audience that they really are characters from a tv show.. anyway.. that mahou shoujo stuff in the start is like lyrical nanoha level with the action..
Aug 12, 2009 8:57 PM

Jul 2007
Pretty good for an onsen episode. It got a few lols out of me.
The highlight was definitely the Kaiji reference.

and lol @ Arima's urge to hug Nezu
Aug 12, 2009 10:26 PM

Sep 2008
the censoring was too much..
they accepted quite easily that all 4 pf them liked teppei, that was unexpected for me at least..
"teppei sama if you ask me i can let you have a peek anytime" WTF!! im hating teppei for being so lucky...
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Aug 12, 2009 10:28 PM

Jun 2007
Zawa face was nice, but you gotta have the Narration. Which they did. 5/5

abrasicu said:
Oh, so peeping on girls without their consent like a buch of dirty freaks is considered GAR ? Then that was the reason why people lie GARMINA so much ? PFFF... It's fine for boys to be perverted but seriously, why bother to commit such act of indecency when the other party already disapproved, it's just like they are a bunch of lil D-bags who keep harassing women on the streets or something... And here I thought Teppei was the decent character they portrayed him to be at the beginning, too much to hope for... <_<

Making a big excessive gar version of onsen peeping (peeping which was going to happen in the obligatory onsen ep anyways) is way better than them just walking in on the girls accidentally and getting beat up for no reason, which tends to be the norm. At least Teppei's honest about being a perv in that regard.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Aug 12, 2009 10:47 PM
Mar 2008
Zero_r2 said:
the censoring was too much..
they accepted quite easily that all 4 pf them liked teppei, that was unexpected for me at least..
"teppei sama if you ask me i can let you have a peek anytime" WTF!! im hating teppei for being so lucky...

If that kind of lucky involved your parents dieing. Then i'll pass on that. Have had that happen without any rich grandfather helping me out.
Aug 12, 2009 10:48 PM

Jul 2009
Torisunanohokori said:
Zawa face was nice, but you gotta have the Narration. Which they did. 5/5

abrasicu said:

Making a big excessive gar version of onsen peeping (peeping which was going to happen in the obligatory onsen ep anyways) is way better than them just walking in on the girls accidentally and getting beat up for no reason, which tends to be the norm. At least Teppei's honest about being a perv in that regard.

Yeah, but thing is that I dislike both, those are good for Ecchi purpose but since they heavily censor stuffs, who the hell can enjoy that ? As for comedy, I was so tired of this and dont know what is funny about seeing a naked girl then get beat ? Maybe younger viewers will enjoy this, who knows? The worst thing is that these nonsensical scenes contribute to an eventually couple's romance which is so BS. I guess that's why most Ecchi anime tend to FAIL at the romance department <_< and very few of them actually have good romance...

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Aug 12, 2009 11:16 PM

Nov 2007
kind of lame but amusing ep. the censoring ruined the whole point of the episode. oh hey we all like him so let's not fight. tepei seemed a little out of character and I would of liked to be in his spot peeping on those cuties.

oh and seriously wth is the urine game? I really want to play the vn now but if it ever gets translated I'm sure it will be years from now sigh....
Aug 12, 2009 11:18 PM

Jun 2007
abrasicu said:
Yeah, but thing is that I dislike both, those are good for Ecchi purpose but since they heavily censor stuffs, who the hell can enjoy that ? As for comedy, I was so tired of this and dont know what is funny about seeing a naked girl then get beat ? Maybe younger viewers will enjoy this, who knows? The worst thing is that these nonsensical scenes contribute to an eventually couple's romance which is so BS. I guess that's why most Ecchi anime tend to FAIL at the romance department <_< and very few of them actually have good romance...

What they're doing isn't funny. How they're doing it is. I'm used to the stock scene, and the whole gar aspect of it throws in enough of a spin to keep it from getting old. Plus the shoutout to one of my personal favorite scenes in anime.

As far as advancing the romance goes, it really doesn't have to all be about romance. They've got, what, 6 episodes left? I've seen series shorter than that that did romance from first meeting to first time in less time than this series has left. There's plenty of time for more serious romance, which has shown up a bit already.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Lover! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

loplop - Aug 23, 2009

103 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Princess Lover! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loplop - Sep 20, 2009

189 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Jan 19, 2023 9:56 AM

Poll: » Princess Lover! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

loplop - Jul 26, 2009

73 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Jan 19, 2023 6:26 AM

» Who does Teppei end up with?

adityasingh2705 - Jul 5, 2021

26 by Taizaki-han »»
Jan 30, 2022 12:04 PM

Poll: » Princess Lover! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

loplop - Aug 30, 2009

106 by L-Mo-Reppin »»
Sep 1, 2020 12:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.