Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 31, 2015 2:47 PM

Dec 2014
They are different. Completely different.

In fact the only similarity is that they are set in European medieval age kind of thing.

The themes are different.
Feb 22, 2017 5:55 PM

Aug 2016
Does anybody know if Game of thrones takes any influences from berserk. I know the art style of dark souls takes heavy inspirations from berserk so its not too farfetched. For example, I find that the hound and guts are very similar characters (disfigured, don't really like people, etc.) so i'd be pretty cool if it did take influence from it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2017 6:39 PM

Oct 2016
well tv is better then comics so that int fair is it? stupid question op c:
Feb 23, 2017 11:16 PM

Jun 2010
MartinMatt said:
Does anybody know if Game of thrones takes any influences from berserk. I know the art style of dark souls takes heavy inspirations from berserk so its not too farfetched. For example, I find that the hound and guts are very similar characters (disfigured, don't really like people, etc.) so i'd be pretty cool if it did take influence from it.

I seriously doubt it. The similarities between the two begin and end with them both being dark fantasy stories.
Feb 24, 2017 4:55 AM

Apr 2015
SolidPayne said:
MartinMatt said:

I seriously doubt it. The similarities between the two begin and end with them both being dark fantasy stories.

I consider there to be some other similarities too, such as the way both series present their nobilities & knights (which is truthful to reality since a large portion of them were cruel killers).
Feb 24, 2017 5:00 AM

Dec 2015
I think this is a stupid comparison to make.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 24, 2017 8:42 AM

Aug 2014
Berserk's Golden Age arc stands above Game of Thrones in my opinion. The arc patches up neatly and does a great job with it's most relevant characters.

George R.R. Martin is a great world builder, but the tv show never really impressed me when it came to plot progression or character development (the cast is pretty colourful in terms of characterization though). As far as story goes it actually did quite a nose dive in the last two seasons. I haven't read all the books, so I can't say all too much about them.

Then again Berserk went downhill after the Golden Age arc itself. I'm not caught up, but every arc after that just felt like some bonus level in a video game (fun but not exactly great), that might have some plot progression to it or not at all (the fairy arc, not gonna look up the official name) with new relevant characters, that just aren't interesting to me.
Sep 24, 2019 8:20 PM
Jun 2017
robiu013 said:
Berserk's Golden Age arc stands above Game of Thrones in my opinion. The arc patches up neatly and does a great job with it's most relevant characters.

George R.R. Martin is a great world builder, but the tv show never really impressed me when it came to plot progression or character development (the cast is pretty colourful in terms of characterization though). As far as story goes it actually did quite a nose dive in the last two seasons. I haven't read all the books, so I can't say all too much about them.

Then again Berserk went downhill after the Golden Age arc itself. I'm not caught up, but every arc after that just felt like some bonus level in a video game (fun but not exactly great), that might have some plot progression to it or not at all (the fairy arc, not gonna look up the official name) with new relevant characters, that just aren't interesting to me.

Berserk never went downhill after the Golden Age arc, the animation style did. Berserk is still better than Game of Thrones in storyline, gore, Dark medieval fantasy and it's art.
Sep 25, 2019 2:58 PM

Oct 2018
This is really difficult to answer because I love both. Damn.

Sep 25, 2019 10:04 PM
Sep 2019
Tolkien > Berserk > GoT
Sep 26, 2019 11:03 AM

Jun 2015
sat thru like 2 eps of the edgy lotr / that other edgy hbo show wannabe with its small tits and uuhhh look ppl die here shit and 3 excellent movies of berserk.

I'd def say berserk bcz its anime.
Sep 30, 2019 9:17 AM

Jul 2016
Too many weebs here smh

Anyways, The Wire >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GOT > Berserk
Sep 30, 2019 8:22 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
Game Of Thrones is a million times better than Berserk is (even with that rushed final couple of seasons). Also what a weird comparison, it'd make more sense to compare Game Of Thrones to an anime like Kingdom or Vinland Saga or Mo Dao Zu Shi.

But even when Berserk was at its high point it's not like it was that great of a manga or show (it's an 8/10 at best). It was good, certainly a nice change of pace how brutal it was willing to be, but it still had its issues and now it absolutely has its issues it's pretty shitty now and it's not even ever going to get completed anyway. The author openly admitted to the fact he's hasn't been working on it at all he's just been playing MMOs and Idol Games. Even if it did end it went so off course that you couldn't even do any kind of satisfying ending.
Jan 25, 2020 10:04 AM

Aug 2014
BA999 said:
robiu013 said:

Berserk never went downhill after the Golden Age arc, the animation style did. Berserk is still better than Game of Thrones in storyline, gore, Dark medieval fantasy and it's art.

big disagree on Berserk not going downhill. I am not talking about anime here, so the CG animation doesn't even bother me tbh. Golden Age arc was well thought out and the main cast well characterized and developed. Guts' new campanions are a bunch of RPG characters with character arcs, that don't feel well planned out or just too shallow and the story feels like video game levels.
May 8, 2020 3:22 AM
Dec 2018
Berserk easily, but I doubt there will be many GOT fans here
May 13, 2020 9:59 AM
Jul 2018
Asoiaf>Berserk>>>>> GoT
Jul 21, 2022 12:48 AM

Mar 2021
Well both are in my like top 5 favorite pieces of fiction ever, and since I'm currently reading the ASOIF books after finishing the show, I'd go...

ASOIF>GOT S1-S6>Berserk>>>>>GOT S7-S8
Nov 8, 2023 6:38 AM
Nov 2021
Game of thrones at the start was incredible unfortunately its fall im later seasons will make me put Berserk(Manga) above it
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7572 by Jonas-K »»
20 minutes ago

» Mal spotify collaborative playlist ( 1 2 )

tsukareru - Jan 6

60 by tsukareru »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Avatar: The Way of Water or Dune: Part Two

AcbSnakeDemon - Apr 20

6 by alex889 »»
Today, 1:16 AM

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - Apr 18

6 by Enderobot »»
Yesterday, 9:05 AM

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

10 by not-perfect »»
Yesterday, 2:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.