Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2009 1:42 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It looks like Sugimoto really betrayed her, just like that guy said. Also it seems like her only friend is a mouse 0_o
Jan 14, 2010 12:32 PM

Nov 2008
Omg i want to kill yuka so much,stupid bitch.Yuka you are just a stupid nobody,the reason why people hate you is because of your fuck ass attitude.
Oct 15, 2010 2:20 PM

Oct 2009
This is interesting, at first I wanted to drop this though. =P
Dec 3, 2010 12:35 AM

Apr 2010
OMGZ. She betrayed them!?! Who could have possibly seen that coming since episode two?? <_<
Dec 3, 2010 12:36 AM

Apr 2010
OMGZ. She betrayed them!?! Who could have possibly seen that coming since episode two?? <_<
Dec 4, 2010 3:35 PM

Apr 2010
Yuka is delusional. 'nuff said.

Oh yea, she's a jealous bitch, too. -_-

Feb 22, 2011 9:11 PM

Aug 2010
I wonder whose side is that guy on... (the one who has been showing her illusions)
Jul 31, 2011 5:38 PM

Sep 2008
blue-y said:
I wonder whose side is that guy on... (the one who has been showing her illusions)

Considering that all of the "illusions" he's shown her thus far have turned out to be true in one way or another, I'd actually like to think that he's on Youko's side.

Yuka's betrayal was not surprising in the least.
KitaTsuki said:
Yuka is delusional. 'nuff said.

Oh yea, she's a jealous bitch, too. -_-

Yup and yup.

Can you blame all of her classmates for not liking her, with that attitude she has?
Jul 19, 2012 12:36 PM
Jan 2010
That blue guy is the best.
also mouse ftw
Aug 2, 2012 11:14 PM

Jul 2007
Keiki's vissions of Yoku were correct and she ends up turning upon her best friend.

For a moment it seems that Youko still has Asana, but then later on, you find out, that the man Aozaru tries to tell her to kill asano just like he told her to kill yoku before she turned against her. This drives youku into much confusion about what she can do and then suddenly a youka attacks, and this time she really proves her self and defeats the monster with ease.

Yoku also receives a a Hinman and a new set of clothes as they create a ceremony for her.

In the forest they are attacked yet again by youkao and youko is separated from asana, leaving her self alone with just a mouse that suddenly appears at her side.

This episode shown alot of different layers

Deception, Trickery, and Manipulation and even Jealousy. These are all protrayed in this episode, this is probably my favorite episode thus far due to the fact that it shown that sugimoto can easily be manipulated into turning against her own friend and that youko had no idea who to trust any more due to the visions she was shown. It was also shown that yuko has some form of hate towards her friend and ultimately that it was made sugimoto make the decision to betray her and accept the fact that she is the special girl of this world and not youko. Betrayal is the prominent theme in this episode. Knowing who to trust and who not to trust is also something that leaves the viewers wondering in confusion.

One thing i never really cared bout 12 kingdoms was the names hey use are so very similar to its hard some times to differentiate between certain characters, places and creatures.

Apr 30, 2013 5:50 PM

Jul 2011
... And Youko suddenly can do flips and whatnot now?

That betrayal was obvious since episode one.

I still can't make myself like the character, but at least Yoko isn't as useless anymore. This series needs to start living up to the opening and ending theme songs. >>
Aug 29, 2013 1:20 AM

May 2012
Really hating Youko even to this point, I just really dont like characters that just go along with things and are just plain stupid all the time, well yea the betrayal was obvious since the first episode that sigamoto girl is just fucking crazy thinking that she should be the choosen 1 and well seeing as how youko is just bitching all the time I cant really blame her for not believing in her, but she should not be there in the first place so....

Truly, comparisons between fellow humans are what turn out to be the most infuriating.
Sep 15, 2013 2:43 PM

Mar 2013
Mi-chi said:
... And Youko suddenly can do flips and whatnot now?

Youko has a hinman, if you remember the red that showed in her eyes. That's why she can fight so well.

Personally, I'm still trying to get into this anime...
Feb 20, 2014 1:01 AM

Jul 2008
Good grief and it keeps getting worse. What is with this mask guy anyway? Why keep tormenting her like this? And Yuka...ugh she deserves to be slapped.
Mar 25, 2014 7:44 AM

Aug 2013
Lol Sugimoto really thinks she's the chosen one XD I'd love to see her face when Youko beats the crap out of her.

I'm also glad Asano's out of the picture for now. He's so pathetic Yuka has like 10x more balls than him. "You see I like Yuka...oh but I like you too Youko." I let out a cheer when he fell.

That monkey guy is definitely Youko's sword. I'm guessing the scabbard is what was keeping him in check.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 30, 2014 6:35 AM

Feb 2014
"It was me that was needed after all. I'm sure you had a very good reason for not contacting me sooner but don't you worry. I knew it was me all along. I am the chosen one."

Oh shut the f**k up. I hope you die slowly.
Jan 6, 2015 5:18 AM

Jan 2012
all characters needs to be punched and killed wtf is wrong with them

Apr 17, 2015 8:05 AM

Jun 2013
Seems to be getting better
Oct 28, 2015 1:39 AM

Apr 2014
Thank goodness things are starting to pick up. Youko still doesn't have brains yet, but hopefully she'll get some soon. I found Yuka and Asano really annoying, so at least she is separated from them for now, at least.

I wonder if the rat with the leaf on it's head will be her ally.

Don't think I like the mask guy anymore. He's malevolent, or at least sociopathic; provoking her to kill Asano, and steal food from innocents.

Speaking of which, they killed a perfectly good boar-rhino thing! Did neither of them know how to start a fire? They could have at least cut up and traded the meat and skins for dried food. -_-'

I wonder if betrayal will be an ongoing theme in this anime.
DawningFogOct 28, 2015 1:49 AM
Nov 1, 2015 2:37 PM
Mar 2013
Annnd dropped. This is just too inconsistant and boring for me to continue anymore. I hate the MC, I hate her associates, the world is boring and uninspired, the fantasy elements feel slap-dash and random, the characters are off model during fight sequences, the animation is poor, the compositing is mediocre...
And on top of all that the characterization of the MC, the main conflict that she has is the struggles of maintaining the image of the "good girl" for everybody around her...really?! That's all we get? Yeah I'm done, I don't see why people like this show.
Nov 8, 2015 10:51 AM

Dec 2013
Xenith_Myr said:
Annnd dropped. This is just too inconsistant and boring for me to continue anymore. I hate the MC, I hate her associates, the world is boring and uninspired, the fantasy elements feel slap-dash and random, the characters are off model during fight sequences, the animation is poor, the compositing is mediocre...
And on top of all that the characterization of the MC, the main conflict that she has is the struggles of maintaining the image of the "good girl" for everybody around her...really?! That's all we get? Yeah I'm done, I don't see why people like this show.

Well naturally you wouldn't, considering you couldn't even make it past the introduction stage. This isn't your typical 12-13 episode series that's going to pick up immediately due to time/# of episode constraints. Shame that younger viewers aren't used to getting invested into longer series.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Dec 13, 2015 1:06 PM

Feb 2013
The kid realized the "queen" wasn't legit pretty quick. Yuka is psycho.
Dec 20, 2016 6:00 PM
Oct 2014
Sugimoto's arc seems to be going in exactly the boring, predictable direction I feared it might.

The weird dude following Youko around is a completely un-menacing pain in the ass. Maybe I'm just failing to empathise with Youko as fully as the show expects me to, or perhaps Youko is just riddled with insecurities, but all his insults and revelations are completely half-assed. If "everyone at school thinks you're a jerk!!!" is the best he's got, I'm wondering why Youko doesn't just tell him to piss off and ignore him. What's he gonna come out with next, "everyone thinks your hair is a dumb colour and you talk like a nerd"? He's got nothing.

Speaking of Youko, her decision to trust literally nobody in the entire universe doesn't feel realistic to me. She's literally, over the course of a single episode, gone from trusting everyone she meets unconditionally to immediately suspecting everyone of trying to kill her, of which both extremes are equally ridiculous.

The show is still demonstrating a lot of promise at this point, even if a few aspects of it are indicating that they'll develop in a cliched and boring way.
Dec 30, 2016 1:06 AM

Aug 2014
i have 0 idea whats going on in this show omfg ??????? who is that man???? what is everyone talking about???? this is so confusing
Xtina is my mother!
Mar 28, 2017 6:14 PM

Jan 2014
Yea.. Sugimoto betrayed her.. haha she thinks she's the chosen one.. -_-
Jun 15, 2017 8:54 PM

Oct 2012
What a harsh world she's thrown into :(
Somebody please help her before it's too late! She's going to dark side!
"Signature removed"
Sep 25, 2019 9:21 AM

May 2015
Sugimoto is like: fuck this shit im out.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 29, 2019 1:55 AM

Jul 2016
ugh... suuuuuuuugiiiiiiiimooooootoooooooooooooooooooo!!!! WHY?! WHY! god, ya'll could have wiped her out from the beginning by letting them take only asano and leaving sugimoto behind mmmmmm how stupid
she was street smart from the start but now she is just gonna go ham on youko like bitch B*TCH KILL HER!! KILL SUGIMOTO!!!!

wowwww wowwww, woww, just wow asano like he really done dropped the bomb for the 50th million time. i can't believe asano just straight up said "actually i was gonna go with yuka because i like her~" like okay cunt then go ahead go go go 👏👏👏 who is stopping you i'm not stopping you on the contrary i think this is for the best, you shithead
Dec 16, 2019 11:24 PM

Aug 2018
Worst anime I ever watched hands down
May 8, 2020 2:15 PM

Jul 2009
No wonder that she doesn't trust anyone right now.
Aug 15, 2021 4:27 PM

Nov 2016
I was afraid thst Youko would now start to irrationaly mistrust everyone she comes across. Man, this mask guy is really playing her.

Sugimoto also trippin hard. Left her guard down because of her delusions. She's in for a rude awakening.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 4, 2021 8:07 PM

May 2015
Am I supposed to hate the main? Because I seriously find her so annoying already.
Jan 23, 2022 9:36 AM
Nov 2020
Please, why do yuka thinks that she's the mc😭😭😭
she reading too many books huh.
Jun 28, 2022 8:36 AM
Sep 2021
Nurularifin said:
Please, why do yuka thinks that she's the mc😭😭😭
she reading too many books huh.

LMAO fr like thinking that she is the main character w her goofy ahh "Im
the chosen one 😈" ☠️
Jan 12, 12:15 PM

May 2022
Why did they let yuko alive. I don't get why in every anime/movie/book the bad guys let the mc get away after beating them only for said mc to go on a training arc and beat said bad guys.
Apr 3, 2:41 PM

Jan 2020
Reply to trinitroglycerin
Why did they let yuko alive. I don't get why in every anime/movie/book the bad guys let the mc get away after beating them only for said mc to go on a training arc and beat said bad guys.
@trinitroglycerin This isn't like a James Bond monologue though, there are 2 reasons.

1, the King was the one that wanted Youko killed due to his fear/racism. The blonde mage woman he sent, doesn't seem to share his ideology but has to go through with his order. She tried to use any excuse possible to let the children survive. The king distrust her, which is why she is under constant surveillance by his bird.

2, Yuka was conflicted and didn't really want to kill her friend. She only tried to make herself believe that so I'd be easier to kill her. She seems to have depression and a few other mental disorders and thought that killing Youko was the only chance she had to be happy.
No Blood. No Bone. No Ash.
Apr 8, 5:38 PM
Mar 2019
Sad to see the way Yoko is changing, sadder still that it is understandable.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Juuni Kokuki Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Mar 7, 2008

50 by BarronRobinson »»
Apr 13, 2:35 AM

Poll: » Juuni Kokuki Episode 10 Discussion

kie_ - Aug 8, 2009

25 by BarronRobinson »»
Apr 11, 6:41 AM

Poll: » Juuni Kokuki Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Mar 2, 2008

51 by BarronRobinson »»
Apr 10, 2:09 AM

Poll: » Juuni Kokuki Episode 3 Discussion

Scribbly - Oct 14, 2008

40 by HagePotPotato »»
Apr 8, 8:03 AM

Poll: » Juuni Kokuki Episode 20 Discussion

Beatnik - Mar 8, 2008

21 by TierraRobada »»
Apr 4, 8:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.