Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2009 1:35 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Shit just got real.

Not that I have anything against Kozue but it would have been more dramatic if she'd been killed.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Mar 6, 2010 7:35 AM

Jul 2009
so did they beat her up
May 11, 2010 3:17 PM
Feb 2009
I think she just got beat up, but seriously their living habits are getting worst
Jan 26, 2011 2:27 AM

Jun 2009
God damn, that stupid bitch. Another excellent character victimized by Japan's misogyny. Like she's really the type of character to throw everyone's life away on the off-chance it might get her her secret crush's job back. Now she's just some pissy little whore who likes Blue's abuse and can't do shit on her own. And then Yuki somehow pulled some major bullshit out of his ass: "IMA firin the supersecret lasers that only I know about herp derp derp DERP." Looks like the retarded hotheads are making a comeback.
Apr 5, 2011 9:14 AM

Feb 2009
Is it just me or this Ryvius' mini-society is on the verge of adopting the law of the jungle?
I just can't see bright future for those boys and girls.
Oh,and the little bitch from Blue's ex-combrades managed to escape.Damned tricky whore.

Beatnik said:

Shit just got real.

Not that I have anything against Kozue but it would have been more dramatic if she'd been killed.

Killing aint more dramatic.Living with the shame and pain of something terrible done to you would be worse in my opinion.

coyotech said:
so did they beat her up

Just guessing,but they might have had some boys rape her.
ChaosLegionApr 5, 2011 9:17 AM

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Jun 30, 2011 9:42 AM

May 2010
I fucking knew she was going to run away damn it! And why didn't Kouji tell them that he had a gun pulled on him? It seems like for no reason he told a lie that actually makes him look worse, is he trying to protect Blue or what?
“Money can't buy dere”
Mar 5, 2012 3:27 PM

Jun 2009
Seabury said:
And why didn't Kouji tell them that he had a gun pulled on him? It seems like for no reason he told a lie that actually makes him look worse, is he trying to protect Blue or what?

I have to admit I'm fed up with Kouji as well. I don't approve of his brother's constant bullying, but the guy is a real pain truly.
Feb 25, 2013 1:23 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Poor Kozue. I wonder what they did to her.

Kouhi is a wimp but Yuki is insufferable and having an episode with him as the hero is pure torture.

Juli was cool, calm and collected the first half of the series. Now she's some lightweight just because her crush is AWOL? The writer has a poor opinion of women.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 13, 2013 6:09 AM

Nov 2009
I wonder what they did to Kozue . . . Honestly I thought they were just going to lock her up somewhere . . .

Also, why does Kouji keep letting shit like that happen to him, and some point he should just be like "fuck this shit, I'm out" . . .
May 4, 2014 3:58 PM

May 2010
They cut her face or something?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 27, 2014 2:24 PM

Sep 2011
Man the series is really getting dire so far, im absolutely loving this series as it goes on, shame to see not many share that sentiment.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 24, 2016 7:26 AM
Aug 2014
Those Zwei guys are rather useless too aren't they? Rather than thinking for themselves and coming up with solutions they're all relying on Juli to come up with them on top of making all other decisions. Now of course Juli is also partly to blame for not being able to delegate. There's something wrong with all the people on the ship, they don't seem to understand the situation they're in at all, which seems very strange to me.
Jun 22, 2016 6:34 AM

Jul 2008
This was bound to happen to Kozue...Juli has just become super useless. She just liked being abused by Blue.

Kouji has gotten annoying but Yuki's treatment of him just pisses me off.
May 8, 2019 5:32 PM
Jul 2018
The hell did they do to Kozue? That ending was a bit unsettling.

Juli can't do anything because of her fugive not-so-secret crush Blue? lol

Why didn't Kouji tell them what happened? Why is he protecting Blue?

Yuki is the hero and at the end, he is actually happy and not grumpy. Well that ended quickly when Kouji showed up.

May 9, 2019 5:36 PM

Mar 2016
Lorezhno said:
Those Zwei guys are rather useless too aren't they? Rather than thinking for themselves and coming up with solutions they're all relying on Juli to come up with them on top of making all other decisions. Now of course Juli is also partly to blame for not being able to delegate. There's something wrong with all the people on the ship, they don't seem to understand the situation they're in at all, which seems very strange to me.
Agreed 300% they're all clearly just suffering delusions from a gas leak.

Ahem... and once again, I don't understand wtf everyone is getting so mad about with Kouji. They told him to go out and check on the servers or whatever. Even if he didn't run into Blue (which btw Kouji, you idiot, say something about that...), there are plenty of other reasons for why he may have been unable to respond and why it took him a long time to return, but nah, they just jump the fucking gun as soon as he returns and piss down his throat while calling him a degenerate piece of shit (paraphrasing here).

They have no right to get so god damn pissed off at him—"I thought you were better than that, Kouji," better than what? What the hell are you so mad about, Ikumi? We know at this point Yuki is going to be antagonistic towards Kouji for just existing, but Ikumi now too? Seriously? He's the one who sent Kouji away mid-battle! Also, why is Kouji apologizing for leaving his post, everyone there knows he didn't do that by his own choice (though they certainly don't act like it). Why must Kouji continue to be such a passively self-righteous piece of shit—keeping everything to himself while simultaneously getting upset at everyone else's behavior. Say something god damnit!

Ugh, the writing in this show just pisses me off so much. Everyone sure is pretty braindead for a bunch of god damn prodigal high school astronauts in training, because there's no way in hell such a program would take in just your average joe student. Even the stupidest person on that ship has got to be pretty damn bright to qualify being there at all—"but that would make writing this scenario too hard," said the writers! And so we end up with characters that behave like a bunch of emotionally stunted, irrational children, since that makes 'falling into depravity' much easier to write. The worst part about this anime is that it doesn't seem like most of these characters have fallen into depravity due to their situation. Nope, rather, most everyone on the Ryvius was already a completely depraved piece of shit to begin with.
C_M_May 9, 2019 7:32 PM
Jul 16, 2019 5:49 PM

Nov 2016
I hope they show us at least a bit of what was going down there O_O

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 13, 2020 9:27 AM
Nov 2013
Did Ikumi send Kouji away? Yes.

However, Kouji went AFK when they requested status updates and gave no reason(s) for it.

This was during a battle FOR THEIR LIVES

Yuki's anger over Kouji being useless even though Kouji "claimed" to be there of his own free will & Ikumi's disappointment with a friend he tried to help in the middle of the battle via giving him a direction instead of just letting him panic are justified.

Kozue beating was deserved because she was a dumb bitch. And you can't argue otherwise because not only did she flaunt her relationship with a guy with unlimited points (knowingly or not), but she couldn't even realize she was in a 1v3 or 2v3 scenario and should have just run off. Survival instincts of a dead fish.

As far as Juli goes, Ima keep my opinions reserved as either she legit can't be trusted to handle the responsibilities of having other peoples' lives in her hands or the memories of Blue being a "decisive leader" that was constantly proving her wrong is making her doubt all her own decisions.
Jan 6, 2021 3:35 AM

Aug 2018
Another annoying episode. The writers obviously want us to think Blue was a better leader than Juli since nobody died on his watch...even though Blue as captain did literally nothing except sit around smirking like an idiot while threatening people with his stupid looking gun.

They want us to think Kouji is weak and incompetent unlike his dickhead brother who is gifted with magically convenient battle strategies he pulls out of his ass.

They want us to think Kozue made herself into a target of abuse for stupidly standing up to bullies but at the same time we're to believe that Kouji is a weak piece of shit for trying to get along with everyone and not cause trouble...?
epidemia78Jan 6, 2021 3:49 AM
Jan 13, 2021 4:16 PM

Dec 2019
Idk why people are getting mad over how they resodned to Kouji. Truth be told he did danm near get them killed by not responding, and then allowed Blue to run free when he could've easily reported the fact that he was there at all.

Truth be told, I'd have been angry too. Lives are at stake, and he just disappears. Given the fact that they didn't know blue was there, I don't quite understand how else to react.
Aug 25, 2021 7:58 AM

May 2020
Remember when Juli was competent enough to deal with emergencies at the beginning of the show ? And now she can't go two seconds without thinking about Blue. Honestly, the more of this show I watch, the more I'm pissed of at this characters.
Oct 12, 2022 11:29 AM
Jul 2018
this is really bad
Feb 27, 2023 9:02 PM

Dec 2022
This was much better than most of the previous episodes. Plot finally kicks in again, the soundtrack is used more appropriately, and characters have more reasonable reactions to events.
Even Yuki finally started to actually have somewhat civil interactions with others, for like ten seconds, until Kouji dared to exist in the same room lol.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Infinite Ryvius Episode 12 Discussion

Beatnik - Aug 3, 2009

14 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 22, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Mugen no Ryvius Episode 11 Discussion

Farabeuf - Feb 6, 2013

11 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 22, 11:06 PM

Poll: » Infinite Ryvius Episode 10 Discussion

Beatnik - Aug 2, 2009

19 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 22, 11:05 PM

Poll: » Mugen no Ryvius Episode 9 Discussion

Farabeuf - Feb 6, 2013

8 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 22, 11:04 PM

Poll: » Mugen no Ryvius Episode 8 Discussion

Pirating_Ninja - Nov 12, 2013

8 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 22, 11:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.