Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 19 Discussion

Aug 10, 2009 4:23 AM
I really hope Cal doesn't die at the end i thought she was an adorable character, and hopefully now a sexy character that reiji can convince to join his harem of beautiful assassin's

then Reiji's Angels will destroy Inferno and really be free.

Aug 10, 2009 5:37 AM

meh re-cap episode >.>
well all we found out from this episode is that it seems Cal is still alive and the pair heading towards mexico
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 10, 2009 5:42 AM

Alexstratz said:
I skipped to 19:01 when I saw that it was a recap, did I miss something important?

Anyway the outcome of that explosion was predictable, too bad Cal has to become pedo master's doll now. :/
Skipped it.. O.O! Well i'd suggest rewatching it, since you missed..

This!

Apart from extra Cal scenes, a few different shots, here and there of the same scenes we've watched, and different music played for some scenes.There is also an extra Scythe scene.

We found out that Scythe has been observering and watching everyone! and a picture of Cal showed up on his comp. screen. So even though its kinda obvious that Scythe would have been planning to get Cal, and has been F***ing over alot of people. We get a small scene about it.

Aug 10, 2009 7:36 AM
Recap episode, so uninteresting, but as I liked the ending scene, it was not entirely worthless.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

Aug 10, 2009 8:47 AM

There is only one thing worse than recap episode: recap episode with useless annoying loli. I want her dead so badly :/ She ruined whole Phantom.

Aug 10, 2009 9:04 AM

Ximinez said:
There is only one thing worse than recap episode: recap episode with useless annoying loli. I want her dead so badly :/ She ruined whole Phantom.

O.o, imo it makes it more interesting..

so looks like pedo master has been pulling strings just to get Cal onto his side =/
wonder how Reiji will win her back XD

Aug 10, 2009 9:16 AM

Flashbacks with extra content.

So basically..just before the place exploded, Reiji got there and thought Cal died. Shortly after the fire trucks came, Cal arrived and thought Reiji died.

Boy, does that suck :/ At least we got to see more of Cal's POV on the whole thing.

But FFS I hate Scythe. He just likes brainwashing little girls 'cause he's a super pedo. >/

Aug 10, 2009 9:36 AM

Skipped the epi. Only to see preview end the ending.

The Preview looks awesome \o/

Aug 10, 2009 9:53 AM

God dammit Scythe.

Aug 10, 2009 10:11 AM
Observer

This is getting predictable. I always feel they are going down the Black Lagoon's Washimine/Japan arc...

Anyway, at least we get to see good old Japan next episode, which is much more relaxing than underground America....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

Aug 10, 2009 11:21 AM

Stupid Scythe. Stupid. Stupid. STUPID. D:<

Aug 10, 2009 3:16 PM

Boring with flashbacks, I'd have prefered if they'd kept going on instead.
But it is pretty sweet that Scythe Master actually had planned everything that happened : p He's a pretty sly guy ain't he? Although I don't like him, not one bit.

Also, WHY did Cal have to survive? =.=' I Don't Like Her, she's annoying. Just kill her already
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.

Aug 10, 2009 4:14 PM

Hah, I knew that Cal wasn't dead.

That Scythe, how long until he dies?

Anyway, apart from the last 10 minutes, it was a recap episode, boo. D:
The next one seems interesting.

Aug 10, 2009 4:27 PM

DONT BELIEVE person who appears suddenly and start talk bad about person you liked! Remember this lolis! definetly if it is night time and you are at place where no other would come!
...stupid lolis..

Aug 10, 2009 5:00 PM

Oxu said:
DONT BELIEVE person who appears suddenly and start talk bad about person you liked! Remember this lolis! definetly if it is night time and you are at place where no other would come!
...stupid lolis..

Talk about being discriminated LOL please re-watch the ep to see if Cal trusted Shit Master or not since that wasnt show...YET. Rlly dont understand why people keep calling someone "stupid" when fact mentioned isnt even done <_<

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Aug 10, 2009 5:15 PM

reptilia said:
Alexstratz said:
I skipped to 19:01 when I saw that it was a recap, did I miss something important?

Anyway the outcome of that explosion was predictable, too bad Cal has to become pedo master's doll now. :/

This!

Apart from extra Cal scenes, a few different shots, here and there of the same scenes we've watched, and different music played for some scenes.There is also an extra Scythe scene.

We found out that Scythe has been observering and watching everyone! and a picture of Cal showed up on his comp. screen. So even though its kinda obvious that Scythe would have been planning to get Cal, and has been F***ing over alot of people. We get a small scene about it.

Okay then I'll go rewatch it and fast foward to the Cal scenes. :D All this just for the sake of watching everything in a show. -_-

Aug 10, 2009 5:18 PM

Alexstratz said:
reptilia said:
Alexstratz said:

This!

Okay then I'll go rewatch it and fast foward to the Cal scenes. :D All this just for the sake of watching everything in a show. -_-

Oh don't worry about that, the only thing actually worth watching there was the scene with Scythe Master, they could've made a flashback episode focusing on him instead : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.

Aug 10, 2009 5:26 PM

Oosran said:
Boring with flashbacks, I'd have prefered if they'd kept going on instead.
But it is pretty sweet that Scythe Master actually had planned everything that happened : p He's a pretty sly guy ain't he? Although I don't like him, not one bit.

Also, WHY did Cal have to survive? =.=' I Don't Like Her, she's annoying. Just kill her already

Haha you are funny:D With Cal dead, i don't think the story is going to get anywhere=] We won't see her smexy assasination skills=]
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL

Aug 10, 2009 5:50 PM

Oosran said:
Oh don't worry about that, the only thing actually worth watching there was the scene with Scythe Master, they could've made a flashback episode focusing on him instead : D

Wow, finally somebody is GAY for Shit Master 0-o Congrats !!! And here I thought he has no fans, the damn gay... urgh guy can finally die peacefully knowing there will be somebody cry over his grave now, how touching T^T

Aug 10, 2009 6:26 PM

Dammit, most of it was just a recap. The only thing good about it was that the preview gave me a little bit of hope for more Reiji x Elen in the next episode.

Too bad for Claudia...I liked her. Also..!@#$ing Scythe...why can't he just freaking die already and let Cal be the next antagonist. I'm getting tired of seeing his piss-off smile: it'll make anyone want to kick his ass if someone like that, looked at them that way.
Modified by 4kicks, Aug 10, 2009 6:31 PM

Aug 10, 2009 6:48 PM

4kicks said:
Dammit, most of it was just a recap. The only thing good about it was that the preview gave me a little bit of hope for more Reiji x Elen in the next episode.

Too bad for Claudia...I liked her. Also..!@#$ing Scythe...why can't he just freaking die already and let Cal be the next antagonist. I'm getting tired of seeing his piss-off smile: it'll make anyone want to kick his ass if someone like that, looked at them that way.

So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and send him your "4kicks" in his face !!! Isnt that one of the purposes of your mighty name ?

Aug 10, 2009 7:50 PM

Why are there so many flashback episodes in anime?...Well anyways...there are some important new scenes in this episode. Scythe was the LAST guy I wanted to see. Seriously he gets on my nerves. I will love the moment he dies...if and when that happens. Next episode actually looks pretty interesting to me.

Aug 11, 2009 12:34 AM

Well the final stage is being set as alluded by Chapter 3 in the VN.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

Aug 11, 2009 2:18 AM

Now, thats what I would like to watch :D
I would really want to see him try to make me hate him even more.

But lets be honest: if not for him, we would never get to see this story. And I like this story.

Wow, finally somebody is GAY for Shit Master 0-o Congrats !!! And here I thought he has no fans, the damn gay... urgh guy can finally die peacefully knowing there will be somebody cry over his grave now, how touching T^T

There will be someone else crying for him if we get "Road of the Cerulean Sky" ending... ARGH, how I hate the fact that someone actually cried for that bastard!
Modified by Nayrael, Aug 11, 2009 2:21 AM

Aug 11, 2009 4:54 AM

There will be someone else crying for him if we get "Road of the Cerulean Sky" ending... ARGH, how I hate the fact that someone actually cried for that bastard!

who did?

episode was really really meh, i dont need recaps every ten episodes, but at least preview shows something interesting (i only dont get why did they bother going to mexico if they will end up in Japan) Ellen hugging Reiji? hihi =3

Aug 11, 2009 5:10 AM

who did?

Maybe you will see in anime, if it decides to take the route towards that ending (from three endings we may get, that one has most chances of happening)

(i only dont get why did they bother going to mexico if they will end up in Japan)

They are running from Inferno. They can't stay in one place for too long or Inferno will catch up to them.

Aug 11, 2009 6:50 AM

Welcome to Mexico!^^

Aug 11, 2009 7:20 AM

NOO! >.> damn I hate scythe......I assume scythe going brainwash her now :\

Aug 11, 2009 10:36 AM

mazen said:
NOO! >.> damn I hate scythe......I assume scythe going brainwash her now :
Yeah that's what I think but that's just messed up. Poor Cal. Hopefully Reiji will give him what he deserves...and save Cal from his brainwashing.

Aug 11, 2009 10:57 AM

Nayrael said:

abrasicu said:

Nah, I mean his 3-D fans, not 2-D. That's what surprised me as much as when somebody said she found Mitsuo "hot"

Aug 11, 2009 1:50 PM

Maybe you will see in anime, if it decides to take the route towards that ending (from three endings we may get, that one has most chances of happening)

its funny...when i actually do want spoilers people are not willing to give me them XD
well whatever...i just cant imagine somebody crying for Scythe ;)

Aug 11, 2009 4:25 PM

Booooo. I can't stand it when an anime has a full episode of recap.

I knew Scythe Master was going to get Cal. Freakin sick bastard.

Aug 11, 2009 9:18 PM

Scythe needs too die! someone kill him..

Aug 12, 2009 5:15 AM

another recap? sigh!!

personally i think zwei should've checked his apartment or look for more evidence whether cal is dead or not. i mean at least the news would've reported whether are there deaths in the apartment blow up. oh well.

Aug 12, 2009 6:45 AM

Another recap episode? Wasn't the last one not even ten episodes before? o_O

And all we learned from this episode is that Cal is alive (which most of us knew already, anyway), Cal is good at making Reiji's apartment sickeningly cute, and Scythe Master has his eyes on Cal. The last point was all I really cared about, to be honest, but too bad it was left until the end of the episode D: Waste of an episode.

Aug 12, 2009 8:43 AM

I skipped most of the episode just to watch new stuff.

Cal still annoys me.

Aug 12, 2009 9:05 PM
Crap episode but that is alright since there haven't been too many bad episodes so far. However the cliche and completely expected twist was just like an extra kick to the nards after sitting through eighteen minutes of recap.

The next episode looks alright though with the school setting... could be good or really bad.
Dead Account
Please Delete

Aug 13, 2009 10:35 AM

Argh! Recap episode.

Aug 13, 2009 1:23 PM

At the beginning I was angry that it's recap but in the end that didn't matter anymore. The only thought left in my mind was: "I will fucking rip that sorry ass of a Scythe Master to pieces and torn him to shreds after I ripped his heart and made him eat it" or something of that sort...

Aug 13, 2009 3:00 PM

Recap blah. I hope there won't be a third recap episode. :')

Aug 13, 2009 5:05 PM

God another recap? Why did they throw money for 26 episodes then if all they're going to do is recap every 10 episodes? This is seriously going to hurt my score for it.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs

Aug 13, 2009 8:18 PM

What little content wasn't a recap (which boiled down to a few minutes here and there plus the preview) was pretty interesting. Home stretch. No more recap episodes please.

Aug 14, 2009 12:09 PM

I luv this show
No man fails if he does his best
- Orison Swett Marden

Aug 15, 2009 1:52 AM

Well in general there is one recap to every end of each arc.

Aug 15, 2009 11:22 AM
Grrr. Hate recap episodes, but at least the last 2 minutes had a nice lil' twist.

Still love this show, though. Next ep is looking interesting.

Aug 19, 2009 7:35 AM

The recaps were annoying but the extar scenes nice.
Cal in maid outfit. Guess the MOE terms is appropriate here.

Good thing she survived the explosion since she was not there but WTF is Scythe going to do with her???? I WANT SCYTHE DEAD ASAP! This little shit toyed way too much! My guess is Cal is going to be trained by him but for what? At least I am happy Cal was not in the place when it blew up.

FINALLY CAUGHT UP TO THIS SERIES!

Aug 21, 2009 1:13 AM

this is more like a recap episode o_o

Aug 21, 2009 1:14 AM

No, it IS a recap episode.

Aug 21, 2009 1:48 AM

Nayrael said:

No, it IS a recap episode.

It does have some extra elements.

Aug 21, 2009 8:49 PM

It might have been a recap but it was well made and with quite a few new staff. I wish everyone was making recaps like this. I wasn't bored watching it at all. Actually you can say that instead of a recap was more like the story as seen from Cal's eyes.

We knew that Cal was alive but when i saw that Scythe Master enter the room she was waiting crying i was like "Get away from her you disgusting monster!!!"
It was nice to discover in the previews episode that Ellen had stopped being brainwashed and was waiting for Renji all along but now the fucker got Cal.
He would probably tell her that Renji lied to her about the killer of Judy.

Next episode seems like it would be about Renji and Ellen trying to live a normal life.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »