Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 6, 2009 7:15 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's kind of flashbacks of when Cal met Zwei.

I see, this ep. shows another pov of this whole arc.

Scythe master took Cal and said Zwei deceived her, and next time it seems like Zwei's enemy's going to be Cal instead of Ein.
tsubasaloverAug 6, 2009 7:27 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 6, 2009 7:27 PM

Dec 2008
garrrr.... it came out? I dont see it..
::: (\(\
*: (=' :') :*
•.. (,('')('')¤°﹒‧°‧° ☆.(¯`•.•´¯)
.°☆ ‧°‧°☆∴° ☆ ¤º… `•.¸.•´ ☆™
Aug 6, 2009 10:58 PM

Nov 2007
Stupid Cal. -.-

Can't wait for the subs. hope they'll be on time.
Aug 7, 2009 2:36 AM

Aug 2009
SM.. what a Bastard. First Elen then Reji and now Cal.. Well I think its obvious what going to happen now.. :/ Cant say I like the outcome, but we'll see how it goes.

If only Reiji would of gone back, poor cal ;_; Would of been nice if they showed Reiji had more evidence of Cal being dead. So it would seem more convincing.

pyro_metal said:
Stupid Cal. -.-

Talk about being Harsh. She has just lost the person she loves, and Scythe has shown up right before her. But Since Reiji is still alive there has! to be a happy reunion with Reji coming, mabye not straight away since Scythe looks to be up to the same tricks but it it will be nice when it finally comes.

Next episode preview
reptiliaAug 7, 2009 2:44 AM
Aug 7, 2009 6:44 AM

Nov 2007
pyro_metal said:
Stupid Cal. -.-

Talk about being Harsh. She has just lost the person she loves, and Scythe has shown up right before her. But Since Reiji is still alive there has! to be a happy reunion with Reji coming, mabye not straight away since Scythe looks to be up to the same tricks but it it will be nice when it finally comes.

Hey, I just don't like the character at all. I was really hoping she was dead. It's not like I think she's stupid for her decisions (kind of).
Aug 7, 2009 11:41 AM

Jun 2009
Episode 20, is going to be a good normal episode!
yayy, Reiji and Eren!

Here for pictures for episode20 preview
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Aug 7, 2009 11:55 AM

Jun 2007
To Chapter 3 we go! lol...
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Aug 7, 2009 1:38 PM

Aug 2008
Wow what a lame episode, for more then half of it is a recap ep, and the rest just explains the obvious that cal is alive. Although u don't even need subs to know exactly what's going on. Tho sycth taking cal which is something :<
Aug 9, 2009 2:46 AM

Jun 2009
Damn, Scythe is a real bastard. Is he really just doing this to mess with Zwei for destroying his "masterpiece" or does he actually think he can make Cal into a better assassin than Zwei?

I thought he learned that it's best to just treat his assassins in training like Eins after he failed so badly with Zwei. I hope that mistake comes to bite him in the ass later.
Aug 9, 2009 7:42 AM

Jul 2008
Damn, Scythe is a real bastard. Is he really just doing this to mess with Zwei for destroying his "masterpiece" or does he actually think he can make Cal into a better assassin than Zwei?

1. Actually, he doesn't mind losing Ein so much. Ein was just the first experiment and thanks to her, he can create many assasin's like Ein in little time. You have seen in ep18 that he is already creating them.
2. He doesn't know how good Cal will be. Thats why he is interested in her: to see how she will develop. After all, he is a scientist

I thought he learned that it's best to just treat his assassins in training like Eins after he failed so badly with Zwei. I hope that mistake comes to bite him in the ass later.

Actually, he likes Zwei and considers him to be an interesting experiment. While Zwei's loyalty sucks, his free will often strenghtens him. Inferno executives have already said that Zwei is far superior to Ein.
So there is no doubt that he now wants to create assasins on Zwei's level, but still manipulative.
Aug 9, 2009 9:32 AM

Sep 2008
I hope Cal doesn't Die or anything stupid like that.
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Aug 9, 2009 10:50 AM

Jun 2009
Mario1-7 said:
I hope Cal doesn't Die or anything stupid like that.

She probably wont. I don't think the next episode( episode 20) is going to talk much about her.
Aug 9, 2009 10:58 AM

May 2009
Cal will die but i dont know when :P
I`M A MURDERER
Aug 9, 2009 11:09 AM

Jun 2009
Stupid recap episode :P.
Aug 9, 2009 11:34 AM

Jan 2009
Effing scythe needs to leave the lolis alone.
Aug 9, 2009 12:02 PM

Oct 2008
Maybe some day i will understand why a 26 episode series needs TWO recap episodes, but the most logical answer is filler.

I like how it looks like Scythe Master is going to use the fact that Reiji basically ran away with another girl to control Cal since Cal pretty obviously had a thing for him. I was greatly annoyed by Cal throughout the series and still believe she is a far weaker character than Elen/Ein, but i did think it was a pretty touching scene at the end with her.
Aug 9, 2009 12:56 PM

Jul 2007
So their heading to Mexico (what I saw at the end of this episode) to go to Japan (what I saw in the next preview) ... lol wth
Aug 9, 2009 12:56 PM

Jul 2008
While it was a recap episode, it added few scenes (I'll need to find a way to use movie maker and move some of those scenes into regular eps... it would be a shame to waste them on a recap).

Anyway, Judy's death was dramatic, the toilet scene was hillarious, Cal putting Judy's picture into a drawer was touching.

However, they failed to mention one important thing: Cal waited for Reiji three days for Reiji to return... even tough she didn't eat anything and was shivering from cold, she trusted in Reiji.

Also, try to forget all former episodes and watch this one like that. You will be able to understand how Cal will feel. While a recap, it is a good recap.

Ah yes, we get a new OP and ED next week. The official blog even showed some clips from it.

She probably wont. I don't think the next episode( episode 20) is going to talk much about her.

Actually, episode 20 is when Cal truly becomes a main character.

So their heading to Mexico (what I saw at the end of this episode) to go to Japan (what I saw in the next preview) ... lol wth

You people are entertaining. Do you seriously believe that just geting out of USA will be enough to get rid of Inferno? Inferno will be hunting them for the rest of their lives, they can't stay anywhere for too long. For an organisation like Inferno which relies on secrecy, it is essential to not leave traitors alive.
Aug 9, 2009 1:08 PM

Apr 2009
This show is like a well directed trash B-movie. I knew Cal would "die", then come back to life, then picked up by Scythe about 3 episodes ago. It's like watching Snakes on a Plane: you know where all of that is going on, you just watch it for the lulz.

btw, because of the awfully timed recap, the show suddenly dropped to 4/10 in my list.
Aug 9, 2009 1:36 PM

Mar 2008
I like what flashback, dont boring at all.

What i think why Zwei dont check is corpse in apartament or not?
I know its a big shock but he is pro...

And Cals logic.
Zwei kill few people in the street.
She can think what starting hunt on Zwei.
And he had no choice but to flee.
Although the bodies could remove.
And Scythe is master...brain wash.
Aug 9, 2009 2:19 PM

Jul 2009
FUCK !!! Sorry but I've lost mah cool... I played the damn game in 2 different versions and I have always wanted to FALCON PUCH Shit Master in his baby maker whenever he try to manipulate lovely Cal...

F#@king @#$, it's been a while since I've had so much murderous hatred for an antagonist since Spinzaku and Nina.

Loved the ep though, glad I'm not the only one to 5/5-ed it, tears flowind down my cheeks while watching... ARGGGGHH, I so wanna be able to go through the screen to hug Cal, she's just too cute <333 and blow Shit Master's nuts up...

Also, where in the hell is the uncensoring shower scene ?!!!! And here blowed my hope...

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Aug 9, 2009 2:31 PM

Jun 2009
Nayrael said:
While it was a recap episode, it added few scenes (I'll need to find a way to use movie maker and move some of those scenes into regular eps... it would be a shame to waste them on a recap).

Anyway, Judy's death was dramatic, the toilet scene was hillarious, Cal putting Judy's picture into a drawer was touching.

However, they failed to mention one important thing: Cal waited for Reiji three days for Reiji to return... even tough she didn't eat anything and was shivering from cold, she trusted in Reiji.

Also, try to forget all former episodes and watch this one like that. You will be able to understand how Cal will feel. While a recap, it is a good recap.

Ah yes, we get a new OP and ED next week. The official blog even showed some clips from it.

Actually, episode 20 is when Cal truly becomes a main character.

You people are entertaining. Do you seriously believe that just geting out of USA will be enough to get rid of Inferno? Inferno will be hunting them for the rest of their lives, they can't stay anywhere for too long. For an organisation like Inferno which relies on secrecy, it is essential to not leave traitors alive.

I thought episode 20, was about Eren and Reiji going to high school!
Aug 9, 2009 2:56 PM

Jul 2008
I thought episode 20, was about Eren and Reiji going to high school!

Judging by the preview, it is also about...
Reiji and Mio going on a date :D
And about Ellen hugging Reiji. :D
And about Ellen doing the... De Niro reference? WTF? o_O
And about Reiji meeting the Infernal Biker of Doom and Destruction :D
And about Reiji and Ellen haveing new clothes :D
And about Shane being opssesed by a certain pairing :-O
And, and...

(There are a lot more thigns happening in the next episode, but they aren't present in the preview so they won't be mentioned here)
NayraelAug 9, 2009 3:04 PM
Aug 9, 2009 3:11 PM

Mar 2009
This was my least favorite episode by far since it was mainly recaps. I hate scythe master even more after this episode. Though I guess the show does a good job if it makes someone really hate the villain.
Aug 9, 2009 3:35 PM

Oct 2008
Curse, Scythe and his creatively timed entrances on another person's downfall! D<
The whole flashback thing wasn't entirely necessary, but....still enjoyed it.
Can't wait for the next episode!
Aug 9, 2009 4:04 PM

Feb 2009
Damn, Scythmaster...the fucking pedobear faggot...

And was anyone else under the impression that next week's episode is a trap?! (No, not that trap....oh, God...what if--)
Aug 9, 2009 4:13 PM

Jul 2009
MoeNekoDrill said:
Damn, Scythmaster...the fucking pedobear faggot...

And was anyone else under the impression that next week's episode is a trap?! (No, not that trap....oh, God...what if--)

Wai-, what do you mean by "trap" ? Are you saying your suspecting lovely Mio being a "trap" ? o-0 or better yet, Ein ? Now that might heat things up if Ein were to be a "trap", just imagine Reiji's face when he realized that made me wet ( not that kind of "wet") my undergarment 8-)

Aug 9, 2009 4:59 PM

Jun 2007
Falatorx said:
Maybe some day i will understand why a 26 episode series needs TWO recap episodes, but the most logical answer is filler.

I like how it looks like Scythe Master is going to use the fact that Reiji basically ran away with another girl to control Cal since Cal pretty obviously had a thing for him. I was greatly annoyed by Cal throughout the series and still believe she is a far weaker character than Elen/Ein, but i did think it was a pretty touching scene at the end with her.

She actually believed Reiji may have died due to the explosion. Scythe Master on the other hand will tell her that he left with Ein which will cause her to form a grudge and make it easier for Scythe to control her. Basically like how Claudia controlled Reiji. I fear with that and his meds, she will become his total slave :(.

The one thing that I was dreading since Cal was introduced finally happened :(. Scythe got his grubby hands on her. I hate how predictable this show is. Makes things 10 times more worse then they should be because you know deep down it's gonna happen and when it does your gonna be angry >:(.
Aug 9, 2009 5:09 PM

Apr 2009
i was entertained greatly even if it's a flashback.. (at least its better than another good show which aired a special instead of its true episodes).. and at least i get to see more cal and some scenes that weren't there in the previous episodes.. like scythe master actually planning to get cal since the very start.. that bastard..

and although this show is kind of predictable, it is still good how they managed to present it to us..

anyway.. i'm excited for the next chapter of the story.. looks like ein will involve in acting again.. though it's such a good performance based from the previews..
Aug 9, 2009 5:50 PM

Sep 2007
This was pretty predictable but still entertaining nonetheless. I'm assuming it's an obvious timeskip in episode 20 and the biker chick in the preview is a grown up Cal.
Aug 9, 2009 6:25 PM

May 2009
I definitely just skimmed the episode and went to the end for the new scenes. Don't need a recap after a few months.
-=Dear gravity don't let me go, hold me like the winter holds the cold=-
Aug 9, 2009 6:36 PM

Jun 2007
Quite obvious Cal was alive, even so it was nice to see how it happened.

I spoiled myself on how Cal will look as a 'grown up' so i can't wait for the next ep.
Aug 9, 2009 7:40 PM

Jul 2009
DeathfireD said:
I hate how predictable this show is. Makes things 10 times more worse then they should be because you know deep down it's gonna happen and when it does your gonna be angry >:(.

Glad someone felt the same way as me, except the fact that it's worst in my case since I already saw the complete story so for me, it's as painful to see Cal being tricked as Guts witnessing his girlfriend being violated right before his eyes without able to do anything T^T

Aug 9, 2009 7:43 PM

May 2008
Flashbacks with a little bit of the scenes not shown in the previous episodes..... and Cal is still alive zomg Scythe is gonna irritate me again lol

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 9, 2009 8:06 PM

Aug 2008
Another wasted recap.
One more arc to go.
Hopefully everyone dies by the end.
Aug 9, 2009 9:11 PM
Aug 2009
Hey I was wondering if anyone knows what that music box music is called. I am assuming it comes from Cal's pocketwatch since it always plays whenever she opens it.
Aug 9, 2009 9:47 PM

Jul 2008
So it will be the two fantom against the genius girl, I expect Cal to become strong enough to give a hard time to both, even Reiji was impressed by her fast shot when she was totaly untrained. I also doubt that Reiji would shot Kal at first sigh, giving an advantage to her if her goal is it to put a bullet between his two eyes because she fell betrayed.
Aug 10, 2009 1:24 AM

Jul 2008
She actually believed Reiji may have died due to the explosion.

Thats why she returned to the loft: to check if he died or not. Not finding his burned remains there, she came to a conclusion that he is alive and do the same thing she did: check for her remains.

Hey I was wondering if anyone knows what that music box music is called. I am assuming it comes from Cal's pocketwatch since it always plays whenever she opens it.

"Jesus is Coming" or something like that.
Aug 10, 2009 2:29 AM

Aug 2009
abrasicu said:
Loved the ep though, glad I'm not the only one to 5/5-ed it, tears flowind down my cheeks while watching... ARGGGGHH, I so wanna be able to go through the screen to hug Cal, she's just too cute <333 and blow Shit Master's nuts up...
As soon as I heard it was going to be cal-centric recap, it was an instant 5/5 xD Who could get sick of rewatching bad-ass reiji warming up to Cal. So many awesome scenes. They even added some in and changed the music for other ones, which I thought was a nice touch.

Agree with everyone else, scythe must die.
reptiliaAug 10, 2009 2:35 AM
Aug 10, 2009 4:12 AM

Feb 2009
I skipped to 19:01 when I saw that it was a recap, did I miss something important?

Anyway the outcome of that explosion was predictable, too bad Cal has to become pedo master's doll now. :/
Aug 10, 2009 4:23 AM
Jun 2008
I really hope Cal doesn't die at the end i thought she was an adorable character, and hopefully now a sexy character that reiji can convince to join his harem of beautiful assassin's

then Reiji's Angels will destroy Inferno and really be free.
Aug 10, 2009 5:37 AM

Oct 2007
meh re-cap episode >.>
well all we found out from this episode is that it seems Cal is still alive and the pair heading towards mexico
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2009 5:42 AM

Aug 2009
Alexstratz said:
I skipped to 19:01 when I saw that it was a recap, did I miss something important?

Anyway the outcome of that explosion was predictable, too bad Cal has to become pedo master's doll now. :/
Skipped it.. O.O! Well i'd suggest rewatching it, since you missed..

This!

Apart from extra Cal scenes, a few different shots, here and there of the same scenes we've watched, and different music played for some scenes.There is also an extra Scythe scene.

We found out that Scythe has been observering and watching everyone! and a picture of Cal showed up on his comp. screen. So even though its kinda obvious that Scythe would have been planning to get Cal, and has been F***ing over alot of people. We get a small scene about it.
Aug 10, 2009 7:36 AM
Dec 2007
Recap episode, so uninteresting, but as I liked the ending scene, it was not entirely worthless.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 10, 2009 8:47 AM

Aug 2008
There is only one thing worse than recap episode: recap episode with useless annoying loli. I want her dead so badly :/ She ruined whole Phantom.
Aug 10, 2009 9:04 AM

Jul 2008
Ximinez said:
There is only one thing worse than recap episode: recap episode with useless annoying loli. I want her dead so badly :/ She ruined whole Phantom.

O.o, imo it makes it more interesting..

so looks like pedo master has been pulling strings just to get Cal onto his side =/
wonder how Reiji will win her back XD
Aug 10, 2009 9:16 AM

May 2008
Flashbacks with extra content.

So basically..just before the place exploded, Reiji got there and thought Cal died. Shortly after the fire trucks came, Cal arrived and thought Reiji died.

Boy, does that suck :/ At least we got to see more of Cal's POV on the whole thing.

But FFS I hate Scythe. He just likes brainwashing little girls 'cause he's a super pedo. >/

Aug 10, 2009 9:36 AM

Mar 2008
Skipped the epi. Only to see preview end the ending.

The Preview looks awesome \o/
Aug 10, 2009 9:53 AM

Nov 2008
God dammit Scythe.
Aug 10, 2009 10:11 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
This is getting predictable. I always feel they are going down the Black Lagoon's Washimine/Japan arc...

Anyway, at least we get to see good old Japan next episode, which is much more relaxing than underground America....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 24, 2009

628 by __FK__ »»
Apr 15, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 16, 2009

145 by defaulticus »»
Mar 23, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Phantom Requiem for the Phantom Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mikiyo - Apr 3, 2009

171 by defaulticus »»
Mar 17, 3:51 PM

» Phantom: Requiem for the phantom. Visual Novel endings.

Jimmy2233 - Sep 26, 2013

5 by ALCYON3US »»
Feb 9, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ckam - Jul 20, 2009

71 by bubba460z »»
Dec 17, 2023 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.